youtube.com/watch?v=l3w-BHsXt4I
strawpoll.me/12803469/r
youtube.com/watch?v=F607Ehbtgg4
youtube.com/watch?v=6p5BEzoGwD4
youtube.com/watch?v=skFjWOpqtmE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=b2D1H679XF0

Some carry-over discussion:

Are the Torchwood audios kino? (IMO yes!) Does Hex's arc end well? Was "Steadfast" characterised well?

Wait

Is that first story the follow-up to The Parting of the Ways from Jack's perspective or am I misreading?

Rank theme tunes.

youtube.com/watch?v=W-JRRmwrXac

"All traps are beautiful." -The Doctor 2017

Looks like it.

1st theme>8s BF theme>all of the others except 11s first theme>11st first, godawful theme

I like the theme to be mysterious and eerie, not dramatic, disco, funky, epic, rocking, or whatever else :/

HYPE, I hadn't read the descriptions for this yet, sounds kino, I might actually preorder

Hey Cloister. I also really love the Torchwood audios. Did you listen to Doll House? I really really liked it, and the characters. Even though it was just a throwaway line, I couldn't get over the idea of a pretty Latina princess driving a Terileptil Cruiser.

And yeah, the first story is a followup to Parting of the Ways.

Fifth Doctor era's is the best, followed by 12's and then 11's

>also

you are not very smart are you

Not yet, might listen to it tomorrow actually! Were the new characters neat? Might we follow them in further stories too?

Really hype for the Captain Jack audios too now, although a bit confusing that they're not in the Torchwood range.

Agreed. I hate the current one too.

>tripfags
>smart

Themekino: youtube.com/watch?v=APxb-GIood0

what did he mean by this

t. Murray Gold

Well, I started listening to the Eighth audio-adventures, and Storm Warning was cool, but Sword of Orion and Stones of Venice was sooooo boring that I barely finished listening. May I skip everything before Neverland? Or are there stories worth listening to?

The Keff McCulloch theme is a thing of beauty. Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck offerino.

Like, honestly, this sounds like a fucking parody

youtube.com/watch?v=WCD_Aw9RXxU

The start is nightmarishly busy. All the pulse of the Derbyshire theme is gone amongst that horrible cacophony of squeaky bouncy sounds, brass, that dumb ascending little motif, lightning sounds...it's a fucking mess. The whole triumph of the Derbyshire theme was Derbyshire making an eerie, spooky work of brilliance out of Grainer's more standard melody. Gold doesn't just take it back to standard, he forces it into an overproduced chaotic pit of bad decisions. I love Gold's incidental music, but his themes are shocking.

Absolutely listen to The Chimes of Midnight and Seasons of Fear, if nothing else. Maybe check the descriptions of the audios on the BF site to see if summaries interest you.

At least listen to The Chimes of Midnight and Seasons of Fear.

If his entire character is his name, then no. A bit of a waste considering how talented Ralf Little is.

I like Gold's first go at the theme, but pretty much spot on otherwise.

Reminder based Delia saved us from this: youtube.com/watch?v=t1SZs4xudf8

>implying that isn't goat

It'd make a decent alt theme for The Prisoner youtube.com/watch?v=dWTdmwwK-ME But doesn't really match DW at all. Mayyyybe Pertwee era.

It's a really good song imo, it just doesn't fit with the show. Why did they think this would work for a show about an old man walking around and getting into trouble?

Have a smile everyone!

What's /Who/ with you guys? Been doing a rewatch of New Who, interlocking similar episodes of the classic series to watch as I go.
Onto Christmas Invasion, but just watched that "Born Again" scene from Children in Need, and my God, I'm not Tennants biggest fan, but I can see his charm, but he is awful in this scene. What makes it worse is that it's not even the first thing he filmed either...

>interlocking similar episodes of the classic series to watch as I go.

Ooh please expand on this, what eps for what eps?

>tfw wanderer is gay and racist

It's like the opposite of Immigrant

Well, I've been watching when there's little references or when episodes I find are quite similar. So for example, when I watched Rose I watched An Unearthly Child (because it's the first episode) then Spearhead from Space and Terror of the Autons straight after.

It's kinda cool watching new episodes then looking back at the references from the classics. Not sure what to view after The Christmas Invasion though

Based Daps is the new TooManyTime who was the new TooMuchTime

So, general reactions to Smile? I was surprised; I went in with lots of doubts, but the only big issue was the resolution. Felt a little rushed to me. But man, Bill is fantastic. Mackie continues to surprise me. Let's hope she keeps that trend up.

Many thanks

Can the smiles guy please do 4 to 5's regeneration? I think it'd look really weird kek

youtube.com/watch?v=l3w-BHsXt4I

Yes my friend, I'm just killing a few mins but I'll do it when I get home

Daps indeed is based, but he's not the new TooManyTime, who wasn't the new TooMuchTime.

I meant in terms of face warpery

Did TooMuchTime do facewarpery? I remember him posting screen caps and hitting the image limit. Which iirc is how he got the name, having toomuchtime on his hands to make a bazillion screencaps.

Regards

>Not sure what to view after The Christmas Invasion though
The OG Christmas special, The Feat of Steven.

Oh no. I don't dare. I haven't actually got through it before and I really doubt I can now.
There must be something better than that to watch after this.

Pretty much agree, everything up until the robot gets shot is comfykino, but the ending was kind of lame. I don't get why he needed to realize that the robots were developing to sentience to be able to reset them. And in general, "the Doctor resolves the episode by finding out which thing to sonic and sonic-ing it" endings aren't great.

I guess there's Castrovalva, it's another new Doctor story where the new Doctor spends a lot of time asleep and the companions have to take care of him and fend for themselves.

Reminder that overall /who/ rates 'Smile' at a 6.30158730159/10
strawpoll.me/12803469/r
strawpoll.me/12803469/r
strawpoll.me/12803469/r

Still from Death to the Daleks (1974)

I was thinking of that, I have the "New Beginnings" Boxset but never gotten around to view it. I have seen Logopolis and remember enjoying that, but I have no idea about Castrovalva at all.

nice shout user, it wouldn't have hurt to have been 2 episodes long
like the conclusion would have been finding the humans
then next episode they deal with the huge problem with a lot of suspense or something
I've loved Bill so far
and I told myself I'd drop this season if they bring up her sexual preferences in that episode
but they didn't
I'm so glad they're giving her a character and not just a prop to use to show they're progressive
she's brilliant

the way I saw it was
they learned what grief was when they lost their amigo, then he reset them and the grief setting was saved maybe

Maybe I'm just thinking of TooManyTime? Or TooManyManyTime

>it wouldn't have hurt to have been 2 episodes long
What would you expect to see in another 45 mins of this?

Should have put in a scene earlier in the episode where Bill shows the Doctor how to reset a laptop or something as foreshadowing.

TooManyTime would warp the faces of TooMuchTime's screencaps. TooManyManyTime was Cat's homage to TooManyTime and possibly shitposting trip.

>Bill shows the Doctor

No that was ThreeManyTime

I think it's pretty good, but I am a big Davisonfag. Also it's the same writer as Logopolis.

actually i was only threemanytime. and it felt a bit like cultural appropriation to create an homage to a trip i wasnt actually around for

I actually slightly prefer it to the current one. I absolutely hate the current one. I just found this and wonder why fanmade themes are so much better than the BBC's. youtube.com/watch?v=F607Ehbtgg4

That's right. My bad fellas. TooManyTrips for me to keep straight amirite? Anyway I suppose the homage comment still stands, just not their true identity. My headcanon says TooManyTime is smallfat

Why do the titles look so much better than the actual show's? Is it budget? You'd think they'd stretch for something that's meant to be iconic and appears in literally every episode. They put Capaldi's face in but it looks like shit, like they got a jpg of it, increased the contrast all the way and pasted it in. Fucking hell I hope Chibnall brings in a good opening sequence.

I'll give them a watch soon, I haven't seen much Davison, but the bits I have I really enjoy him playing the Doctor.

To whoever posted this on the wiki I love you
Now this is a story all about how

My life got flipped-turned upside down

And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there

I'll tell you how I saved the Earth by dying in a flare

In the shit stain of England, born and raised

On the TARDIS was where I spent most of my days

Aunty Pat was a Zygon, which was not cool

So I left to shag Alex; my personal stool

When the Monk and the Daleks were up to no good

Started spreading viruses where they could

I lost the use of my legs and Susan got scared

She said, "You're comin' back to England, we’ll give you a wheelchair!"

I tried calling the Doctor day after day

But he didn’t pick up, that fucking wig-haired gay

A resistance amassed and we learned the Daleks’ shit

There was a Dalek mineshaft, so we said "Might as well fuck it!"

The Doctor lands, and at last!

We went to go confront that meddling cunt-faced ass.

The Daleks turned up and then a few of us fled, like;

[Zooooooom], we ran outta sight.

We searched for a spaceship when all was clear

We brought a bomb onboard and then we started to steer

The Daleks killed Alex and Susan shed a tear

And I thought, "Ah, fuck you Daleks."

– "It’s time to despair."

I pulled up to the mineshaft to meet my fate

And I yelled to the Daleks, "I’m Lucie Bleedin’ Miller!"

I pressed on the button, and all went red

And that was how I became fucking dead

if the climax was humanity waking up then I guess it would have been a Satan Pit like episode
with the Ood after the humans

Smile a shit

Post yfw Day of the Doctor started with the original theme

youtube.com/watch?v=6p5BEzoGwD4
WHY IS NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENING FOR THE FIRST 8 SECONDS
THE WHOLE THING. IT'S SO FUCKING BORING
WHY DIDN'T CAPALDI GET A GOOD OPENING SEQUENCE
IT'S SO SHIT LITERALLY ANY OTHER OPENING IS MORE INTERESTING

but it was shit remix which completely ruined it

>you

Quel dommage, cats.

i dont speak baguette eating

>food sexism

Can someone explain this concept to me I don't get it

men getting a bigger portion than women

No, it was still GOAT. Just imagine if it had been something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=skFjWOpqtmE

Men get more than women traditionally, because they're either bigger or the breadwinner.

So now that the dust has settled, what did /who/ think of Smile?

wtf is up with that jumpscare tardis???

I liked it a lot but it was kind of meh after everyone wakes up. Pearl Mackie did a really great job with the scene where Bill sees what happens to humanity, but I feel like the scene was out of place, like it should have been in a more dramatic episode. Just seemed a bit too brief.

Seen it before when robots were crazy women in colourful wigs. Didn't like it then. Don't like it now. The premise of misguided AI is way overdone. Ending is rivalling Zygon Inversion for level of derangement.

0/10, can't say anything good about it.

the power of neon pissual

It was okay. I thought the episode of Wynonna Earp right after it was more entertaining.

List of technology gone wrong/alive episodes (nuwho)

Empty Child
Doctor Dances
Girl in the Fireplace
The Lazarus Experiment
Amy's Choice
The Lodger
The Curse of Black Spot
The Rebel Flesh
The Almost People
The Girl Who Waited
Deep Breath
Mummy in The Orient Express (kinda)
A Star in Her Eye
Smile

>watching BBC America
>Class commercial plays every break
>Hear Tanya's mom say "What is this? You are talking to a boy?!" every five minutes

Men need 1000 calories a day more than women on average just to function properly. More if they are do pshysical labour.

That's scientific fact. There is no conspiracy by any partiarchy.

>Men need 1000 calories a day more than women on average just to function properly. More if they are do pshysical labour.
So it's because they're bigger or the breadwinner?

might be one of the worst serious theme renditions ive ever heard

I enjoyed it. Murray Gold is composing like moffat threatened his family, cinematography was great. Bill continues to be a nice change of pace. Her and 12's interactions are pretty sweet, like her thanking him genuinely for taking her. Capaldi never fails to delight. It was much better than I expected the recycled robot prop episode to be.
I didn't say there was. I generally get the biggest portion myself. It's good to be a man.

>asking before the Americans even got to see it

diabolical

>I didn't say there was.
You said 'traditionally' which was laden with implications.

What's the generally accepted best Intro according to /who/?

Does that mean the fact that men are recommended 2500 calories a day and women 2000 calories a day is sexist?

The original.

> Bill continues to be a nice change of pace. Her and 12's interactions are pretty sweet, like her thanking him genuinely for taking her.
Agreed, they have really nice chemistry. I'm already liking 12/Bill better than 12/Clara.

Yes. This is 2017.

Sorry, it seemed less so than 'historically', the other word I grappled with for sake of flow. 'How its always been' seems clunky and my vernacular is just lacking this morning. That scene's social commentary seemed a bit tacked on but whatever. At least she didn't bitch about aborting eggs over an omelet.

Bill/Twelve is already shaping up to become a new Ten/Donna and I love it. It is a shame Capaldi is leaving already because we should have gotten a couple seasons with them. Their chemistry is miles better than Capaldi and JLC.