Why is it that the shitties food is very cheap and heavily pushed on poor people? If anyone needs to eat healthy...

Why is it that the shitties food is very cheap and heavily pushed on poor people? If anyone needs to eat healthy, it's the poor. Should we make it so healthy food is the cheapest, and shitty food (ex. Fast food) is expensive and for the privileged?

Other urls found in this thread:

americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its cheap because its shit
its shit because its cheap
/thread

it's called you eugenics you fucking normie

BACK TO Sup Forums WITH YOU !

Cost of production.
It's way cheaper to extrude some paste and bake it into "bread" than make respective amount of bread.
Same with butter replacements, they're just cheap plant oils with just a catalyst reaction, compared to getting milk and altering it.

Poor people are lazy. That's why they're poor. Beans, frozen vegetables, frozen chicken breast etc. cost much less than fast food in the long run.

A head of lettuce is pretty fucking cheap.

This. Fast food is expensive compared to what you can make at home.

where did the "healthy food is expensive" meme come from?

Making a salad for less than 3 dollars is easy. Getting raw meat is easy.
What are these guys doing? Getting naturally grown hand picked kale? Getting imported expensive tomatoes? Throwing their money on whatever "superfood" is flavour of the month?
Because this seems like yet another baseless excuse for being unhealthy

Immigrants live cheap on pasta and the like and are skinny.

I am no cuck but a lot of white people do have a strong sense of self entitlement, there is a huge disconnect with their skill sets and what they expect out of life materially which makes them go for burgers to try and fulfill it. I know people like this and they simply need to be bashed.

Depends on where you live. If you live in the middle of the ghetto then even finding a place that can sell you fresh greens is going to be a challenge.

americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/usda-defines-food-deserts

LISTEN FUCKER I JUST WENT A WEEK AND A HALF ON RICE AND CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI DONT BE SHOWING THIS SHIT TO ME

The poorer you are the more dependant you are on fast food. Its a combination of time and the will to make food. Wageslave are often dependant on McDonalds because they only have 20minutes for lunch, or are so tired from 2 jobs and don't want to cook they pick up pizza on the way home. Being a provider is the way to go. You get home and your wife cooked up a salad appetizer, salmon dinner and perhaps a small pie for desert.

t b h when people work shitty long hour jobs they dont want to come home and eat a salad or some brown rice

its not satisfying, even though you can totally eat healthy for real cheap

they want deep fried greasy shit with a cola on the side

It tastes good, you don't have to cook anything, and they're all over the place. It takes advantage of the fact that poor people usually have no idea how to cook, manage time poorly so they feel that they "have no time to cook", and the price seems low at first until you start adding it up. People are more apt to spend $6 10 times on fast food than spend $60 on groceries 2-3 times a month.

Oh also i forgot to add. I'm Hispanic, and I know a lot of immigrants, like straight up swam here. There are a lot of them that rent a single private room with no kitchen. They work construction all day, get home tired. You always see them getting some takeout combo to go, like Chinese or McDonalds. And some of them don't know how to boil an egg cause they come here at like 16

Fucking carrot cake and durian ice cream when drunk is the best late night snack and you know it Ang Moh

The shittiest food is cheap and "pushed" due to its popularity, i.e. the market has made it cheap due to the demand for it.

Fast food isn't cheap if you compare it to the amount of food you can buy for a similar price if you actually take the time to check what's on discount in the supermarket and cook at home.
It is time consuming indeed, this is the downpoint for some poor people and welfare queens.

Fast food isn't cheap. Mcdonalds is like 5 dollars for a fucking qp with cheese. It's just lazy wastes of life eat it all the time. Which is why they're poor as fuck. You can get like 5 pounds of apples for $5. You can get 5 pounds of potatoes for $2.50. A loaf of bread is a fucking dollar. Chicken breast is $2 a pound. A case of burgers is 10$. Learn how to cook, cook it. You wanna eat unhealthy fried slop, pay out the ass, get fat, be poor, die. Because it's easy? You deserve it.

It goes back centuries,

the stereotype that Black people like fried chicken is because the fried food was extremely dense in calories needed for manual labor and also very cheap

Food like this has been pushed towards the poor for ages

They wont buy it anyway. They're idiots. They live in the ghetto. If they leave, they eventually all end up in the same place, and that becomes a ghetto too

I am on food stamps but have no idea of energy to cook so I just buy for
frozen meals. It's all I have eaten for 6 years.

Not black, but fried chicken is fucking tasty. Watermelon, too. I don't get why it's an insult. The only thing i can say about blacks and chicken, is when i eat chicken and i finish a piece, it's only half finished to a black dude.

Healthy food is very cheap; the cost isn't the problem. The problem is that poor people tend to be stupid, and stupid people have less impulse control. Thus, stupid and poor people will give into sugar, salt and fat cravings far more often, possibly several times a day, CEOs of fast food companies know this. Nothing is being "forced" on the poor; you create demand, someone else will create supply. It's business. Anyone with a scrap of intelligence knows how to eat right and knows how to balance their budget, but stupid and poor people keep finding stupid ways to rationalise their bad habits and, by extension, excuses for being poor. This is why overweight people tend to be less intelligent, as well.

Sorry, anyone, if I burst your bubble while you're chowing on three Big Macs and washing it down with a 40oz Coke, blaming rich CEOs for your horrible life choices.

>Making a salad for less than 3 dollars is easy.

For three dollars you can feed three people a half pound of beans each at Taco Bell drive-through. And they'll be full.

Because of government subsidies. Farmers are the ultimate gibsmedats, particularly meat farmers.

>year of the lord 2016
>still not vegetarian

>pushed on

After the disaster of 08', my family survived on Little Ceaser's $5 Pizza and McChickens from McDonalds. Shitty food is a blessing, it allowed my parents to stretch what money they had. And I wasn't harmed by it, because my parents pushed me to go outside and be active.

The problem isn't the food, it's the people who don't want to do anything but watch TV after eating it.

>people are poor because they're lazy
Nice meme. If you think decent food is widely available, try living in one of the poor parts of the USA.

Many people don't know how to cook or don't have the time.

>heavily pushed on poor people
This is a cult-level delusional lie perpendicular to facts. Poor people throw away free nutritious food because they prefer junk. Public health believers and "nudge" pushers refuse to accept reality, human nature or the idea that the most persuasive ad campaign ever is still just an ad campaign. They grant the no sense of the power of advertising because of their own desire to "use it for good."

Good post

You cook lentils by boiling water. McD's will always taste better than lentils.

This is just a lie. It's a lie that depends on us being stupider than you, which is pretty arrogant.

This right here. The US of A has food deserts where the only thing you can buy for miles around is junk.

If you're working 2 part time jobs a day and using public transport, you're shit out of luck.

>le ebin poor people are stupid meme
Do you know anything about economics?

>Box of Macaroni and Cheese
>$1

>Bag of potatoes
>Bag of onions
$5 for both

>3lbs of chicken
>$5

>Pound of bell peppers
>$1

I wish this "healthy food is expensive meme" would end.

>not eating beans and rice
>poor
Make up your damn mind

You forgot to mention the difference by area.

For 3$ you can get 5 pounds of beans from the store.

How many intelligent homeless people do you know?

>time it takes to make chicken stew of all of that

far too long for tired joe

although the smart thing would be to buy a slow cooker and do it in the morning

>Why is it that the shitties food is very cheap

It's not though. For the $15 I spent on the 5lbs of ground beef I turned into chili on Sunday, I'm saving myself like 4-5 times that in getting fast food every night all week, or buying boxed dinners at the grocery store.

Yep. $3 of beans can feed a family for several days

You don't even have a competent understanding of what intelligence is, you roonigger.

Out of the few homeless I know or know of, most are of average intelligence. Out of the poor people I know, most are of average or so intelligence, but a large number seem significantly more intelligent than your typical person.

You can buy 20 pounds of rice for 15 dollars.
You can buy tons of vegetables for dirt.
You can buy chicken 2 dollars a pound.
You're not fat because you're poor, you're fat because you're stupid and lazy.

> omg! a food thread!
> HEY, EVERYONE!!!! I'M A FUCKIN' VEGAN!!?
> VEGAN
> E
> G
> A
> N

> Me!! Look at MEE! VEEEEEGGAAAANNN

That's you.

Sorry for triggering your neurotic insecurities by telling the truth, burger.

>making plebs plebbier instead of better

>Not understanding that the basis of any society needs plebs to make the system work.

Poor and obese people are depressed and their only joy in life is junk food.

free market bitch.
If it made sense for people to sell nutrient dense food for cheap, they would (as opposed to calorie dense in your example)

educate yourself faggot, youre making us look bad

>3lbs of chicken
>$5

fuck canada

It's called growing okra and collards. Both produce a lot relative to the space required and can be harvested from every other day for the okra and once a week for the collards. Inb4 "no land" fuck off, you don't need more than a backyard and there is tons of abandoned land in the super poor areas.

>omg a vegetarian
>HEY YOU'RE AN OBNOXIOUS CUNT LOL
>BTW I EAT THE MEATY JEW DID I TELL YOU I EAT STUFF YOU DON'T AAHAHAHAA
Yeah, okay.

yeah, but having plebs that are competent is infinitely better than having plebs that are leeches
remember, the US was built by smart plebs

>ITT we ignore the half pound of butter and salt used to make your "free range kale salad with garlic aioli" and call it healthy because you'd pay $15 for it

Every restaurant is more or less unhealthy, because they want you to come back. The creams, butters, oils, and salts are what makes your food good. The fat rich man is a stereotype for a reason.

Rice is $8 for 20 pounds where I live. Cheaper at the Korean markets.

The whole poor and fat thing seems to "only" be a real thing in USA and Mexico

>truth
Wrong, you fake ass Boston accent faggot. If anything, the rich and middle class are the largest producer of morons. Tell me, where is an idiot more likely to survive? On the streets without most things provided for him, or in a rich family where their environment is culled to their every advantage; decent and ample food, electricity, clothing, security. If being poor were a requirement for being stupid, developing countries wouldn't have economic growth. I don't know how you're able to be dumber than an Abbo, but you've done it you nigger tier Aussie.

>demand creates supply meme

kys

Oh that's the vegan one.
Still relevant tho.

Nope.
Working harder doesnt get you more, it gets you less.

Poor people are poor because they didnt get the same opportunities as those who arent. And there's only a limited number of those, in fact there can only be a limited number of them. Not everybody can earn six figures or be a millionaire, then everybody would have equal distribution.

Working hard doesnt net you those opportunities either. More or less its gambling that nets you the money.

People are not paid for effort, they are paid for risk.

And is mostly water.

In germany even bad fast food costs as much as a normal "healthy" meal, if you eat outside.

That pizza actually looks like it was made with fresh ingredients.

A head of lettuce has almost no nutritional benefits. The proper greens to eat are Spinach leaves. But you guessed it... those are pretty expensive compared.

Making shitty food is cheaper than healthier food.

The existence of shit food likely increases the cost of healthy food though

>A head of lettuce is pretty fucking cheap.

Oh golly! A head of lettuce! This will sure quench my hunger!

Not even. Cook in larger amounts (pretty much the same prep time) and freeze several portions. If you're busy, cooking every day is retarded. You cook for the week.

Buy 4 cheeseburgers
...more food than a QP for the same price

Or fuck, buy 3 McDoubles

Not as expensive as compared to eating fast food all the time. And if you're too worried about nutrition to eat lettuce, why do you eat fast food?

Poor people can make their own food if they don't want shitty mass produced food that is meant to be not as nutritional.

Yes, the darker greens are healthier, but if you just buy a big fucking bag of it (shit is even pre-washed), it's $4 or less. I buy it at fucking Target. Costs more than a head of lettuce, but that thing is basically just throwing a dollar down the drain.

Healthy food is generally cheaper, yet can be more time intensive, than fast food/ premade junk food. Honestly poor people generally are not very smart and don't know how, or care to cook proper meals.

Soft Eugenics.

A can of beans is even cheaper and will certainly quench your hunger.

I buy frozen ones.
Way cheaper and only 60% of it is colored cardboard, probably.

>The whole poor and fat thing seems to "only" be a real thing in USA and Mexico

I will largely agree with this. It's the entitlement culture here; it's never someone's own fault they're fat, so they feel zero responsibility to be healthy.

> Poor unemployed people don't have the time.

They have more time than most people. The poor are generally just lazy and have poor impulse control, so they eat fast food or prepackaged sugary snacks. Its self-evident.

Also its CURRENT YEAR, not knowing how to cook isn't an excuse anymore. Anyone with a brain can learn cooking basics in minutes using the Internet.

I totally understand ya.

I know how to fix some stuff, but these days all I have available is a microwave... sometimes.

Seems frozen is just what I have available.

It's only eugenics if they have a freedom coronary before they spawn half a dozen heirs. If they die after reproducing, it's just a greater strain on the system.

You get what you pay for in the capitalist system.

Shitty food is meant to be cheap.

Corn subsidies are one of the main contributors to US obesity. We subsidize other things that are bad for us as well but corn is the big one. In fact I would put corn subsidies up there as one of the worst government policies in US history.

500g pack of Oats cost 41cents
1l 1,5% fat Milk cost 42 cents
Makes 83cents for 2250kcal.

One common trait among poor people is that they are poor at budgeting and planning, they require near instant gratification in all aspects of their life because they lack forward thinking. Fast food personifies this trait in an edible form. It would be much cheaper to stay home and cook a meal, but the poor value the experience of being instantly handed a meal with a high calorie count more.

>feeding 4 people with 4 slices of bread four potatoes and a chicken that is 70 bone and cartilage.

The real damage with fast food comes in when you eat it Consistently. Like... every Lunch during work is junk food or fast food and alot of it. Or you eat some greasy ass Pizza or McDonalds most nights per week.

You can eat that stuff but you cant make it a Ritual, you've gotta switch it up.

Also its not the Fat that gets you its the Sugar. The sugar turns into body fat easily but the Fat gets broken down and takes longer to be stored.

Poverty fucks you on every front. Fast food is more expensive than cooking but more convenient and less time consuming.

When you are working a shit job or two, when you are in the sort of neighborhood where a family has maybe one car and maybe no cars, when you have no major luxuries to look forward to, when you have endless advertisements and misinformation in front of your face everyday- you're typically not going to make the same choices somebody with more free time, better transportation, better education is going to do.

>he wants to control the market
Into the trash it goes!

Yeah you could do that. I've done it. Usually when i can't shit. An hour later, boom. Shit.

Oatmeal is fucking disgusting.

>It would be much cheaper to stay home and cook a meal

Why is this meme endlessly repeated? Have you seen dollar menu fast food? The calorie-to-money ratio is insane.

cuz

>that cup of liquid jew syrup

some one stop me

>Sugar
That, and it's raises your body's insulin resistance, making it even more difficult for body to handle, which in turn makes more fat.

Add 25g of Cacao
Will give you health fat and 5g of Protein

Säge

>Why is everything healthy to expensive?
Here's some cheap food that's good for you
>Why is everything healthy gross?

Also eat oatmeal raw, it tastes way better.
Just oats and milk like cold cereal.

As a poor nig, there are so many community gardens and poor people centers that give away fresh fruit and vegetables.they just don't want to spend time cooking and shit