Does it really deserve all that hate?

Does it really deserve all that hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Marvel
yes it does, but no more so than any other marvel production

Weakest MC out of all the marvel shows. all the good characters are the supporting ones.

Jap-Ass and /ourguy/ Ward in particular

Danny is absolute trash so yea it deserved the hate.

SJW gonna SJW

Misunderstood kino just like a certain other capekino.

No it's just social justice virtue signalling. Those fucks come in and feast on it then movie onto something else.

Disney lay with the snakes and then acted puzzled when the snakes bit them. There is no sympathy to be had here.

just look at that terrible poster and see for yourself

I actually like most of Marvel's live-action stuff, and this series deserves a lot of hate.

>Martial arts series
>terrible fights
Ward and Harold were the only worthwhile part of this.

>We shouldn't assume that only Asian people do kung fu! That's racist!
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS KUNG FU GUY NOT ASIAN?! SO RACIST!!!

It had poor fight cinematography, but it was still a decent show.

to be fair if they got an asian guy to do it the chances of the fight scenes not being shit would skyrocket

>ward

>magic powers? dragons? learning martial arts from monks in heaven? okay.
>asain mafia? THAT'S CRAZY I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD

It really suffers from a weak actor in the main role.
Other than that, it's decent, better than Daredevil S2.
JJ>DD1>LC>IF>DD2

At the start of the show he was only humoring Danny, and his disbelief of the Hand was more about the Hand having infiltrated Rand, not that it couldn't possibly exist.

Danny Rand is basically knuckles.

>Protector in an ancient land.
>Powerful knuckle based abilities.
>Extreme autism but not unfriendly.

Boring as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=Haq3CwrLcOI

yes just not for white male

hes probably talking about ward acting like axe wielding mobsters were the most ridiculous thing ever, around the middle of the season, after having seen a ton of completely off the wall shit.

Why does he look so much like Jake Lloyd? It bugs me.

This

>Setting, plot and character heavily revolve around martial arts
>Fight choreography was somehow absolute fucking shit
>Continuing the trend of actors not getting in even the slightest bit of shape for physically demanding roles/characters

Show was fucked from the start considering hardly anyone involved could be arsed to put in the tiniest amount of effort for it. Not even the Ward storyline/performance could have saved this dumpsterfire.

No. It's not as lame as Luke Cage, but there's no real reason to discuss it. It was just tepid.

To be fair, this is a major problem in the entire MCU.

So far this world has openly witnessed supersoldiers, men in tech-battle-suits, autonomous tech-battle-suits, a giant green punching monster, loads of flying dudes, a portal to another world/space opening in the sky, an alien invasion, inhumans, a robot with his robot army trying to drop a country on the planet, giant helicarriers dropping from the sky and all the other small shit part of the MCU like bullerproof people and mindcontrol assholes.

Yet every single time the world is desperately portayed as if it's still "normal".
>wow, people coming back from the dead, what weird shit!
>wow, a secret clan of ninja battling for world domination, craziest thing I've even heard of!
>wow, K'un Lun sounds so unbelievable after everything this world has seen!
The MCU is so desperate to be relatable/normal/"just like us" that every single civilian/character seems braindamaged in some way, forgetting all the shit that has ever come before (only to drop some wacky "that angry green guy from the news" reference later to remind you it's totally all connected you guys).

>people try to cling to the last vestiges of normality in a world full of supersoldiers and aliens and whatever the fuck
Wow, I never would have guessed.
The possibility of resurrecting people doesn't automatically follow the existence of beings like Thor or Hulk.
K'un-Lun is another dimension entirely, which isn't really a thing normal people grasp easily.

I enjoyed Iron Fist, it was the best-paced of all the Marvel Netflix shows apart from DD S1, well-written and I actually liked Finn Jones. Hopefully season 2 won't be such a rushed job and he'll have time to get fit and actually learn a bit of fucking martial arts.

Also, Harold Meachum was a pretty good and disgusting villain, as was the one pictured

>it was the best-paced of all the Marvel Netflix shows apart from DD S1, well-written and I actually liked Finn Jones

Stopped reading there. You have such absolute dogshit taste, no one probably takes you seriously with anything in life

All of the Marvel Netflix series are pretty shit.
Daredevil has one or two good actions scenes and two great actors playing antagonists but that's about it.
JJ and LC are both complete trash that are totally overrated because they're series starring a white woman and a black man.
If they had cast an Asian dude as Danny Rand, it still would have been garbage but a tiny vocal minority would have been pleased to continue shovelling shit into their mouths.

no

it wasn't very good but the hate was kind of silly

Fucking good Juan. You almost had me there.

Slow-moving to the point of meandering, awful lead actor; the Hand is strangling the Netflix Marvel universe.
It seemed like it was building well in the first half, but then shit all over itself when the Hand were revealed to be double crossing themselves or whatever and Danny had that internal struggle of "do I protect kungfuland or do I destroy the hand am I the iron fist what am I boo hoo"
Claire, chinese girl, Ward, and Gao were best parts - otherwise, it's garbage.

pretty weak argument considering the amount of shit that's going down constantly

>Murdock didn't believe in the Hand because he believed it was just a fairy tale Stick used to make people depend on him
>Ward didn't believe a chinese mafia was capable of infiltrating his company
>hurr durr but Captain America exists so why didn't they believe in the Hand!? or resurrection of the dead!? or a place LITERALLY described by Danny as ONE of the MAJOR cities of HEAVEN!?
The existence of one thing doesn't automatically prove the existence of an entirely different thing.
Most people wouldn't even want to acknowledge the existence of those things, purely because it goes against everything they know of the real world, like what happened with Kilgrave and Strange.