Was his 2013-14 season the greatest in EPL history?

Was his 2013-14 season the greatest in EPL history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJn0Ir49g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did it end in a title?

>0 goals vs Arsenal
>0 goals vs Man City
>0 goals vs Chelsea
>1 goal vs Man United
>11 goals vs Norrich and Cardiff
Truly the GOAT

must it? why did he with player of the year instead of Yaya if it was required?

>must it?
For it to be the greatest season in the history of an entire league? Yeah, I'd fucking say it has to.

Add 2 more against Fullham, which means over a third of his goals cant against just relegation teams

why though

Because if you're the best player in the league, having the best season supposedly ever in the history of that league, you should win the title. It's that simple.

So if one GOAT and ten 15 year old school league players come second in the league because the GOAT scored 100 goals in 38 games it's not the best individual performance ever?

cristiano ronaldo 2007-2008

>using a ridiculously exaggerated analogy to make your point
Kind of sad. Can you try arguing within the boundaries of reality?

you seem to be arguing in principle that you need to be on a title winning team to be the best player, no way that's the case.

is it the same with best rookie season ever? like if you were really impressed with Ovechkin's rookie season, would you require a cup?

No, I'm not. I'm arguing that if a season by an individual player is going to be considered as the best in the history of the Premier League, I would expect that season to end in a title. Suarez was the best player in the league in 2013-14. That season isn't the best for any PL player ever, though.
I would say rookies have generally a lower level of expectation, so no.

However, Ovechkin is a good example. Would you really consider any of his seasons as the NHL's best ever, even if guys like Gretzky didn't exist? Personally I wouldn't, since he's never sniffed a title.

Well yeah I would because it's a regular season title. Bruce Boudreau is the greatest regular season coach and he hasn't won the cup either

>because it's a regular season title
And Suarez and Liverpool had a worse regular season than another team in the same year, for crying out loud. How can you even imply that that year stacks up with the all-time great performance, if the result is worse?

even if the rest of his team is shit? remember this is an individual award not a team award.

What about Shaqiri being top scorer and top assists next season and Stoke coming second while not really improving defensively?

I don't see why the extra qualification for best ever vs best in a given year, surely all the best in a given year are comparable.

But what does that have to do with being the best player? Bruce Boudreau is a good example, if you want to decide the greatest coached season in history you should use team performance, if you want to decide the greatest player season you should use individual performance

Liverpool had a worse season
Suarez didn't necessarily

It's a team sport you dickhead.

>even if the rest of his team is shit?
They weren't. Liverpool also had the second top scorer in the league, and the top assister.

Suarez undeniably was the driving force behind Liverpool that season. But his performance wasn't able to put them in the top position when it was all said and done. I can't rank that season the best ever as a result.

Because on individual merit alone, it still isn't the best ever.

But on individual merit it can't include winning the championship, and "it still isn't the best ever" is a sort of abstract refutation that isn't based in logic. face it, you are wrong.

I mean in principle

I'm not really sure about Suarez having the best ever season but he was certainly the best player in the league that year without a doubt.

Salah and Kane are both going to outscore him and end without a title like him.

>But on individual merit it can't include winning the championship
The fuck does this mean?
> and "it still isn't the best ever" is a sort of abstract refutation that isn't based in logic
And this? Seriously, are you having trouble with the language?

Ronaldo in 07-08 had a similar season, and won the league. Shearer in 94 was also on the same level, and won a title. How is that in any sense "abstract", you fuck?
>but he was certainly the best player in the league that year without a doubt.
And I agree completely. But that's not what this thread is about.

Well calm down, "league champions" is a team
based title. That's why, despite Messhit winning La Liga more than Cristiano, Cristiano can be considered the better player.
Secondly, yes, there is trouble with language when you state something and don't provide evidence
Now now, Ronaldo's season can't be the best because he was fed those chances by a good team, which is why they won the league. Shearer's is the only one in competition, but I give the edge to Suarez because he played against stiffer competition

>That's why, despite Messhit winning La Liga more than Cristiano, Cristiano can be considered the better player.
ah, it's this guy. shouldn't have wasted my time.

Not an argument.

>le cant score against big teams outplayed in his most crucial match ever by dwight fucking gayle man
yes but not for the reasons you imply

either him or penaldo at man u

America: The Thread
>y-your achievements only count if you dragged your shit team to the title!!!

/thread

Literally carried that sorry ass team closest to the PL title that they ever been.
His seasons were a joy to behold.

Yes. Liverpool won the league by 1 point

>1 goal vs Man United
moyes' Man Utd as well

It’s a toss up between Suarez, CR7 or Henry.

delet thred

Henderson was unironically Pool's key player that year.

fucking hell suarez is a piece of shit. what the fuck is wrong with modern footballers. he fits in so well at barca with those other diving cunts.

Henry, any season between 02 - 06

ronaldo 08 season

also won the title

also won the CL

Even though >we lost the double to United that season, it was GOAT desu.

Gareth Bale

it's okay lad he can't get to you in the Championship

He left Liverpool when we got relegated, too. The absolute coward.

Moyes' Man Utd had bad results, but they weren't bad defensively. I think his back 4 was something like Evra - Smalling - Jones - Rafael as well

actually holy shit this was the year Buttner played LB, forgot that guy existed. honestly pity Moyes for having to coach that squad

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZJn0Ir49g

Was he better than >Torres at Liverpool?

How about Van Persie for Arsenal in 11-12? I've literally never seen a team get carried as much as that Arsenal-side and he even took them to as high as 3rd, which is a small miracle after being on the receiving end of an 8-2 thrashing.

>this guy is painted in the same light as messi

Yes and it's not even close desu. Torres had a way better image which may skew perception