Morocco now favored over US for World Cup '26

espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3400487/united-states-led-2026-world-cup-bid-in-jeopardy-to-morocco-sources

>One official who is in regular contact with all of the continental confederations estimated that Morocco has the support of much of Asia and South America, as well as its home continent of Africa, which would put it over the 104 votes needed.

Why are countries that have 0% chance of going to a World Cup allowed the vote at all?

to facilitate bribes

They should be allowed, but with an obvious factor/coefficient. For example european countries votes should count as 2 votes each, south america 1 vote each, north america 0.5 votes each, and africa australia and asia should all meetup and decide where their collective singular vote goes to.

Winner of the WC decides who hosts the next one, but cannot choose their own country
ez

Let them have it.

Civilized countries should stay of bidding for World Cups as long as FIFA is so corrupt, just like the Olympics.

You have no idea how corrupt Africa is. do you

Actually scratch that, let them choose their own country if they deem it worth the risk of neverending national embarrassment like Brazil

Isn't Morocco just a resort for wealthy Europeans?

>Losing to corrupt Arab kingdoms twice in a row due to bribes

I guess arresting members of their top brass wasn't enough to teach FIFA a lesson. What should our next round of punishments be, Ameribros?

People would rather travel to shitty footballing nations and feel safe than having to stay in Brazilian Favelas

I'm sure they change it after Qatar turns into an absolute mess with the women from foreign countries being attacked and harassed and no one from visiting countries being able to get drunk or else lose their heads.

Also don't think San Marino's vote being more important than the Brazilian and Argentinean ones is a good idea desu
Wel it's clearly working wonderfully as you can see in OP's post.

Send them to Gary Indiana

like how

Meaning: Moroccan bribes now ahead of American bribes

Fuck it. Soccer is dead in this country.

>When North American bid officials visit with federation officials in a foreign country, they rarely get questions about stadiums or hotels, according to sources; rather, they have been quizzed about whether the United States can be considered a friendly place for foreigners.

Just give it to Morocco.

Went through Gary a few years ago, these niggas walking around in mid July 90+ heat in full on winter coats. I don’t think I’ve ever broken so many traffic violations in my entire life combined than I did that day. Didn’t stop at a single red light or stop sign the entire way through

>quizzed about whether the United States can be considered a friendly place for foreigners
Shouldn't this be a concern for any country you visit.

There is no doubt that our country is the best suited to hosting both the World Cup and the Olympics, but we should honestly just withdraw from the voting cycles because we're not willing to pay the bribes.

>USMNT has been in steady decline for the past 8 years
>Fire Jurgen too soon
>re-hire Arena in a panic after realizing Jurgen was fired too soon
>fail to qualify for the next world cup
>lose to Tinnitus & Tabasco
>cap it off by electing an inarticulate, narcissistic president who has a bad temperament, espouses inane isolationist garbage, and pisses off pretty much every foreign government save for the Philippines and Russia.

yeah, i'd probably vote for Morocco too.

I would be all for a U.S. World Cup if you guys didn't live in a 3rd world timezone.

Change your time to ours and then you may get it.

I still can't fathom the Qatar choice. It is going to be a disaster

>small, extremely conservative, Islamic nation
>100 F weather in the winter
>Slave labor is being used to build the venues
>the games were moved to winter because of Qatar's 130 F summers.
>people are dying daily building the stadiums
>tourists will be forced to wear long sleeve, conservative, clothing by the government in 80-100 degree weather
>oh yeah, no alcohol will be sold at the event either

It's going to be a complete disaster.

They're going to make exceptions for the tourists regarding the alcohol thing. Shekels make the world go 'round.

europeans think america is still in the 1950s and that we take fire hoses to people who don't look like us.

Yes pretty much, mostly for sex tourism.
A lot of european pedophiles go there for "holiday"
Also Morocco doesn't have top tier stadium and building like 8 of them for a competition and then never use them again seems to be a bit stupid. They don't have the Qatar money to do it

Morocco was seriously considered for 2010 when FIFA decided they wanted an African nation to host it. To be fair, they have the stadiums, the facilities, etc. Their footballing team is about par with USA in terms of quality.

But honestly, just give it to fucking Mexico again. Spics would at least love it.

This and only this

South Africa bribed for 2010.

But World Cups in the Americas take place in the afternoon so you guys can watch it.

if only

I enjoy how the whole world sees this for the hilarious puppet show it is, yet all of the soccer people over here (heavily liberal MUH DRUMPF types) seem to be rooting for the World Cup to be given to Morocco just to prove an extremely nonsensical point. This coming from people who barely make a living scraping up media jobs because the sport isn't popular here. They literally want to shoot themselves in the foot. This is what hated of our President does to people. Sad!

it should be given to us desu, we wont have to build a single stadium
>Wembely
>Emirates
>Etihad
>Old Trafford
>Anfield
>Hillsbourgh
>St James' park
>Villa Park

>be obongo amerifat
>try to bribe fifa with your uk buttbuddies to get next two wcs but fail miserably because russia and qatar pay more
>chimpout and use cia and fbi to try destroy fifa
>fail as usual
>get kicked out of next wc
>get told to fuck off when trying to get another wc in the usa
lmao I'm loving the new fifa, they know how to treat scum

>Also don't think San Marino's vote being more important than the Brazilian and Argentinean ones is a good idea desu
ofcourse they should exclude countries that can fit in the maracana stadium.

>we wont have to build a single stadium
then how are the fifa bosses going to get their millionaire cut from all the money spent building new stadiums? that's why it's going to new countries that have to build shit

I like how they gave the one bitch a muffin top

Good fuck soccer

>we wont have to build a single stadium
because you you've already built those for 1996

I know it's stupid
It shiuld be a weighted vote based on fifa ranking, and world cup wins, alongside continental cups wins
Basically Brazil, Italy, and Germany should be worth much much much more than Saudi Arabia, a country who's biggest contribution to football was letting Klose score 3 times
Otherwise what's stopping the USA from splitting into 50 federations, after all the UK has 5 federations

Haven't countries without major football leagues realized how impractical it is to host a World Cup when you have to spend money for at least ten stadiums with capacity for 40 thousand people or more?

Not the same and you know it isn't moron

>morocco and other shithole countries
>realizing anything
the same politicians asking for the wc are also getting a cut of every stadium built

every wc is basically politicians scamming taxpayers and sharing the profits with fifa capos

Why not?
I'm not complaining, you guys could have a federation for every county and still outplay most national teams that aren't from Europe or South America
So could most Euro and SA countries, and maybe we should, if that's what we need to do to not be fucked over by barbaric warlords

Don't forget that Spurs' new stadium will be done by then, 60k or so iirc

If these 3rd world shitters want to cut off their nose to spite their face, and cost FIFA shittons of money, that is fine by me

Not when you have ties to contracting companies in that country. Just look at the 25mi long, $9.4bil road that was made for the Sochi olympics. You bid on the world cup, bribe fifa, get the event, build the infrastructure and because most of the cost for construction comes from materials and labor, both of which are very easy to lie about, you end up pocketing billions from the leftover money that you said was spent but actually wasn't. Sure its a huge strain on the economy and your people are starving, but that doesn't really matter when you're the one making money.

It even happens in 1st world countries, although usually on a smaller scale. There's a reason the construction industry has historically been hugely tied up with various mafias. Its very easy to launder money through it, and very easy to steal large amounts of money if you have political connections

>Shekels make the world go 'round
Qatar will see no problems from Islamists for this very reason. Why does everyone think extremists don't attack Doha? They fund terrorism in exchange for safety.

>cut off their nose to spite their face

hi reddtitt

>FIFA
>England
kek

I don't understand why the WC constantly goes to shit countries. I mean Brazil, Russia, Qatar, Morocco, USA... can't we just keep it in Europe were people are peaceful and civilized?

because we watch it too and they need our money you cannibal monkey moron

means doing something solely out of spite that actually ends up hurting you as well

Tokyo Sexwale never would have let this happen

So where's it going in 2030? South Sudan? Syria? Burkina Faso?

Nigeria should have like 200 million negros by then so I guess that could be the next step

>implying we care about divegrass

What little we care about the WC will probably vanish in the next ten years. We're not playing in 2018 and the games are all in the AM. All the games will be at shit hours in Qatar too. Basically, Americans won't watch soccer for the next 10 years.

Also we've had the highest attended, most profitable World Cup in history and it was almost 25 fucking years ago.

The rulers of these countries are making a ton of money from it. If the people riot and kick them out of office their bank assets aren't seized; they just go and retire in Europe or on some tropical island.

It's a fucking joke that these countries whose culture encourages bribery can consistently outmatch the more advanced, western parts of the world.

Can't wait to see the pasty, overweight England support in qatar. How will they show off their shit three lions tattoos done by micky in his front room after a few stellas too many when they have to cover from neck to knee?

It will unironically go to Nigeria within the next 30-40 years. And it will fucking suck for tourists.

Liberia 2034

do you really think qatar will be arresting people? nope. they're gonna have to grin and bear it for all the fake international respect they're paying for

It was profitable because there was virtually nothing that needed to be built.

The World Cup should be 80% European teams
And never be allowed to be hosted outside of Europe or South America

Come at me mudbloods

good, I hope they get the wc, the burgers only invited us because they know no one likes them, pretending to be bffs wih the leaves and tacos is just a stupid lie

I somewhat agree
Important countries like US, China, Japan deserve a shot too but apart from those you're right

Good. It's not fair that only east Asians and white

>not bringing it home
US can fuck off, you don't need another world cup so soon after the last one

This. You can't keep Africa in any organization and keep it remotely clean. Look at their societies.

Every vote is worth 212 points minus your world ranking at the time of the vote

>>oh yeah, no alcohol will be sold at the event either
Trust that to be the one world cup scotland qualifies for

These are not Europeans, retard. Europeans wouldn't stand out much anyway.

Good, how many times has Europe hosted it? 13 times? Give other continents a chance

>Also Morocco doesn't have top tier stadium and building like 8 of them for a competition and then never use them again seems to be a bit stupid.
this doesn't seem bad

>Give other continents a chance

pic related

How will you qualify if you arent the host?

Increase participating teams to 48 of course

I agree. England, Germany , and itsly should be the main hosts

good. I'm sick and tired of hearing soccer players and officials here going around like they are entitled to this WC and its finally gonna be the one that kick starts soccer in this country.

It's called world cup and not elite cup

If Morocco wants to bankrupt itself by building a bunch of stadiums they'll never use again, they can be my guest.

Why not Turkey, I'm serious

Why won't they use them they have a 30m population and people there love soccer and their league apprently is one of the best in africa.

Good. Morocco is much safer than USA and Mexico. Also same timezone as Europe

>its finally gonna be the one that kick starts soccer in this country.
The same argument was made in 1994 and here we are 40 years later and MLS is still shite, USA didn't qualify, and there are about 3 "soccer specific" stadiums of international standard in the entire country. USA doesn't deserve another world cup.

Having said that better USA than another Islamic shithole.

Most of the newer NFL stadiums are being designed with a secondary soccer layout, it's not like all the games will be played in giant, open places like the Rose Bowl this time around. Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Minneapolis, Miami, Atlanta all have a roof in some form.

>same timezone
>my ancestors
I approve this decision

Isn't Sweden the rape capitol of the world now?

>peaceful and civilized continent
>can't go a few decades without a war

>Watching WC games at 12am

Who wants this?

>morrocco can out-bribe the US

how far we have fallen

FIFA officials probably don't want to go to the US and get perp walked for being a cabal of criminals again.