What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Natalie Portman
Count dooku
Sheev

I watched TPM for the first time last night since I was a kid.
It was pretty fun to be honest family. The worst thing about it is Jar Jar Binks, but at least he's a stab at originality, JJ Abrams with that goddamn soccer ball robot R2D2 rip-off.

Can we finally admit that Ep 2 is the worst of the prequels?

>What went right?
1. Darth Maul Fight
2. Good sense of apprenticeship throughout the trilogy
3. Some of the humor in III
4. Mace Windu
5. Lead up to ANH

And that's really about it. The movies will always be somewhat appreciated for how ambitious they are, and I agree, they are very ambitious. But they're still not very good, especially the first two. The best way to view them is in a comical sense, maybe as a drinking game. If anything, their greatest overall contribution was in what they did for the now-extinct old expanded universe. Some of the best books and video games come from the Clone Wars/prequel era.

Would you say they're better than The Force Awakens?

>Would you say they're better than The Force Awakens?
The prequels have higher highs but also lower lows, and unfortunately there's a lot more lows than highs, especially when you start getting into the technical things like cinematography, use of effects, and scene trasnitioning. The prequels Reach for the stars and fail misrably. Meanwhile TFA doesn't even try to reach for anything other than nostalgia pandering but because of this doesn't fall flat on its face either.
All four movies are failures in my opinion I think if watched in a certain light, maybe when buzzed or just with friends to make fun of it, revenge of the sith is the most fun you're going to have out of them, but if you're just watching a movie for the hell of it with a bunch of people you're not super close with, TFA is the better option.

Either way, you're better off just watching the original trilogy.

not him

TFA is like the exact opposite. Good execution but no ambition

It always was, TPM was full of ideas, RotS was a huge action blockbuster, AotC was just bland.

ewan mcgregor

The music.

Ewan McGregor is so charming I can't not like him.

Ian McDiarmid also did great with what he was given.

>tfw "hello there"

Music
In my opinion the Prequels have much better music than the Newer movies. The only truly memorable song from TFA is the march of the resistance, and RO has little to no music that I can remember and hum along to.
youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk
The other thing the prequels managed to do is introduce new ships and creatures and not just the same stud from the OT but slightly different to score nostalgia points.

listen to Across the Stars
we'll never see the movie it promises
this pains me, greatly

The atmosphere, the music, the clones and the droids. All of the good comics and vidya it spawned.

that song is a better and more developed than some of the Rouge on cast

Ep I is the best of the Prequels.It is almost perfectly balanced. Yeah JJB a shit, gotta take the good with the less good.

Ep II is a roller coaster. Sounds great, looks great(yeah its cartoon CG isnt ideal for most, but TFA is just as bad/good and its not changing), but when its over you realize you dont gain anything.

Ep III is definitely got action and meme fuel for years, but it could have been better.

no. TPM was worst. yoda was still a puppet HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

M E M E S
E
M
E
S

not in the bluray, he's the same CG model as in II & III

The prequels are not the sum of their parts, not by a mile. They have major problems, but a lot of those separate parts are what makes them at least entertaining or interesting. I remember poring over the Episode 3 artbook for fucking ages looking at all the various designs for robots and aliens and ships, people put work into this shit artistically even if the writing and direction were off. A lot of the visual style of prequels fueled my imagination, that's for sure, like Darth Maul, droid designs, clone wars ships, General Grievous, there's good stuff in there, but it's mixed with some awful shite.

The prequels are a fantastic example of wasted potential.

No you're the puppet.

The scene where Sheev was the Senate.