Is just me or american posters make a lot of grammar mistakes?

is just me or american posters make a lot of grammar mistakes?

Other urls found in this thread:

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Speech
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm personally pretty poor with grammer because I've been relying on spellcheck since gradeschool. t.22 year old.

its our ejucation

You literally made 2 grammar mistakes in your post.

Nah, it's definitely true. We aren't afraid of making mistakes because nobody is gonna make fun of our English when we do, so we write posts much more hastily and don't care about checking to make sure everything is correct.

We make more mistake than them

They can't spell shit. Ignore commas.

but it's not our language

it's because most americans on Sup Forums are Mexican immigrants

Which ones?

It should've been:
>Is it just me or do American posters make a lot of grammar mistakes?
So it was technically three, if you're counting capitalization.

I'll try to correct the mistake he made:
It is just me or americans posters makes a lot of grammar mistakes?

were good spellings

Ok never mind lol

but you're in charge

Is it correct? Need do before American?

Yes, to do is used an auxiliary verb in English. Here's an explanation I found online.

To make a question in the Simple Present Tense in English we normally put the auxiliary Do or Does at the beginning of the question before the subject.
Affirmative: You speak Arabic.
Question: Do you speak Arabic?

You will see that we add DO at the beginning of the affirmative sentence to change it into a question. We use Do when the subject is I, you, we or they.

Affirmative: He speaks Arabic.
Question: Does he speak Arabic?

When the subject is he, she or it, we add DOES at the beginning to make the affirmative sentence a question. Notice that the letter S at the end of the verb in the affirmative sentence (because it is in third person) disappears in the question.

NOTE: We DON'T use Do or Does in questions that have the verb To Be or Modal Verbs (can, must, might, should etc.)

Examples of DO and DOES in questions:

Do you like my shirt?
Does he drive to work?
Does she like hamburgers?
Where do you live?
Notice there can be other words before Do and Does such as Question Words (Who, What etc.)

DID in Questions
To make a question in the Past Tense in English we normally put the auxiliary DID at the beginning of the question or before the main subject.

DID is used with regular AND irregular verbs in English.
(Exception is To Be and Modal Verbs such as Can)

Both Do and Does in present tense questions become Did in past tense questions. Compare the following:

Present: Do they live in Spain?
Past: Did they live in Spain?

The main verb (live in the example above) is in its base form (of the infinitive). The auxiliary DID shows that the question is in the past tense.

NOTICE: The only difference between a question in the present tense and a question in the past tense is the change in the auxiliary verb.

Examples of DID in questions:

Did you visit a museum while you were there?
Did the bus arrive late?
Did she like the surprise?
Why did you say that?

Yes. I'm not an English major or anything, so I'm not sure how to specifically explain why the "Do" is required, but it definitely is. "Do" is a weird verb.

>is used an auxiliary verb in English
is used as an auxiliary verb in English.
RIP.

Man thanks very much. In that tense was "is it" at first. So i thought dont need "do" before American.

*sentence

Np, the "is it just me" was the first part of the question, if the sentence stopped there you wouldn't need it, but you need the "do" because of the second verbal question "American posters make...".

Replace "Japanese" with literally anyone else.

The Japanese have the worst English skills of any fucking country.

it's clear for me now, thanks.
English grammar is simple in general. But yours phonetic isn't.
for example i cant hear diference between man and men.

your thread failed

I dont kno what ur talkingg abowt

Also i heard americans from east cost are not very good understanding americans from Texas for example.

good thread

Nah, us yanks can understand Texans fine for the most part. Louisiana, the Appalachians, and Boston are the producers of the most unintelligible accents in NA.

americans suck at english. i've seen american college students writing like 13-14 year olds

i haven't never made a grammar mistake

why are Germans such closed people?

Really? When I compare transliterated Russian and Ukrainian text to audio of people speaking it, I can barely tell the resemblance. Maybe I'm just dumb, though.

are you learning our languages? Probably it's hard.

I didn't ever neither :^P

>Person mentions how the misuse of their or there or they're or your or you're really bugs them
>Ask them to explain the difference between lie, lay, laid, lying, laying, and lain to me
>They can't
Every time.

I always wanted to, but I always get scared off. What does an American who learns one of those languages sound like to a native, anyway?

To be fair, people use their, there, and they're a lot more often then they use lay, lie, laid, etc.

>their or there or they're
No one ever mentions the 4th one "there're", sounds almost the same, used in speech all the time, never in written
>To be fair, people use their, there, and they're a lot more often then they use lay, lie, laid, etc.
They're used as often as any other somewhat common verb.

Anyone with a really heavy New York or Boston northeast accent has no business saying a Texas accent is hard to understand. It's only mildly southern with an emphasis on saying ya'll a lot.

Sorry i don't realize second sentence.

Probably it sounds like a nice american since you guys don't bother learning other languages

Basically to communicate on this website as a european you must know english, which weeds out the retards who didnt finish kintergarten. Whereas with Americans we are stuck with the brainlets.

kindergarten*

hehe please nuke the thread

This.

Transliteration ≠ phonetic transcription.

Sounds like they are chewing potatoes all the time.

there needs an esperanto imageboard

Is it kintergarden in Swedish?
Also Euros have some pretty atrocious grammar, just look at this thread.

This is correct. Only slavs smart enough to learn English to the extent they can shitpost with native speakers will be found here; go to some Russian website and you'll find a gopnik horde.

Why are dark skinned anime girls so perfect?

>Why are dark skinned girls so perfect?
fixed.

most americans speak spanish as their first language so this is very understandable

We learn the black speech first.

Do you mean ebonic or what?

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Speech

internet is gonna change the grammar desu
languages change constantly and ill bet that in a decade you're doesn't exist anymore and the meaning of your is left for the reader to decide

Ahah, you had Black Lord and learned black speech. I have realized that joke.

The structure will not change though so maybe it's worthy to learn

They make a lot of life mistakes as well

For example Alan?

Just one correction to your post, it's "Aladdin" not "Alan". Whenever you respond to a British poster, call them Aladdin. Muhammad works too.

ok, man, i will try it for them.

There should be a comma after "me" because "Is it just me" is a separate introductory clause.
It should have been:
>Is it just me, or do American posters make a lot of grammar mistakes?
t. grammar faggot