they aren't protestant

most don't work themselves to death
they just work overtime very often or everyday
because most jobs here force them to stay at their workplaces for long hours
>even though nothing much productive is done in that overtime

Isnt Protestantism about hard work?

17% of S.Korean population is protestant actually
and it used to be higher back then

Yes.My 75 years old grandpa is still farming.

Japanese grandpas farm till 85 or so.

But why?

Work needs to get done, I honestly put in close to 5-12 hours of overtime each week. Its not that bad if you actually get paid for it and you dont have a family life at home. Good for single people.

Because that unironically saved them from becoming 3rd world shitholes. Especially after the economic crash in the 90s in Asia (most notably in SK considering we're talking about affected EA countries). The only reasons why China isn't as developed as SK or Japan is because:
1. It's a much bigger country with a much higher population that has been steadily growing
2. Mao's rule halted foreign trade and business with non communist countries, because of his strict policies
3. Reason 1 plus China was a much bigger 3rd world shithole in the 1900s than SK and Japan (Japan's rule over SK actually helped with primitive industrialization). Also China had to overcome things like widespread illiteracy in the 1930-50s, much later than SK and Japan, where it was combatted a few decades earlier

I am pretty lazy,but my mother work very hard.

does she make you sopa de Macao?

Work brings freedom.

It's rare.

They See themselves as part of the community only through work.

The Western World sufferred an economic crash of its own in 2008. It did not lead US to become workaholics.

No natural resources/too big a population to just rely on commodity exports, export competing economy

>flag
Hmmmm

But that could perfectly apply to, say, Germany and the Netherlands. Yet, we work some of the shortest hours

The Netherlands built the country exporting natural gas in the 60's-70's, allowing them to diversify

I don't know much about the German Economy though, but I would say low regional competition in engineering/precision manufacturing industries helps compared to China/Korea/Japan/Taiwan who all have to compete regionally in the PMV, Semiconductors, consumer electronics and manufacturing industry

Because Asians are an inferior race to Europeans.

>be Asian
>need the west to bring you out of a medieval society
>still need to copy everything the west does
>be literal race of insect people with no morals or ethics

The rest of the world is walking while the west is running trough centuries
(Renaissance - enlightenment - industrial revolution)

East Asia catches up with the west by sprinting in a century
(Meiji restoration - Deng Xiaoping reform - post WW2 Korea)

>Why do Asians work themselves to death?
Bad economic situation. But "work to death" usually leads to an early death. At least in Russia.

underrated

No, it's not the state of the economy here. It's a cultural problem. Asia has an odd corporatist culture, not similar to that of America but more rigorous. There's such a thing as "marrying" your company off in Japan, etc.

I have a difficult time imagening that we face little competition, since were surrounded by other countries, often with decent education standards and drastically lower wages.

When your face are unattractive you need money to attract.

>Asia has an odd corporatist culture

Afaik, "authoritarian" would be the right term. The idea of being worth no less than your superior is alien to many Asians.

It is to me! I am a worthless piece of meat who only exists to please my white master's cock!

Because it's not their mentality. EAs had to work like animals to improve their country's economy. Out of these circumstances this workaholic mentality formed

no soul
they are mindless drones

But werent the working weeks even more extreme before the Asia Crisis?

And why didnt the Financial Crisis of 2008 transform us into working drones to the same extent, given the severity of the crisis?

>But werent the working weeks even more extreme before the Asia Crisis?
I don't know honestly
>And why didnt the Financial Crisis of 2008 transform us into working drones to the same extent, given the severity of the crisis?
Because we weren't 3rd world shitholes in 2008.
The "work until you're dead" mentality evolved in the early 20th century, when all three EA countries were poor as shit

The curse of God

God cursed us to death for producing Anime
That's why who mostly die are Japanese.
For other Asian countries, They subsidiary participate in this filth so less than Japan but many of us die

>It did not lead US to become workaholics.
Yes it did

Isnt there Korean anime as well?

>But werent the working weeks even more extreme before the Asia Crisis?
It was awful till early 2000s, but as we fixed the economic fuckup since 1997, workers started rallying for better work right, so the laws are being implemented.
Working condition is still shit and there's still a long way to go, but it's certainly gotten better.

>And why didnt the Financial Crisis of 2008 transform us into working drones to the same extent, given the severity of the crisis?
Probably because USA and the EU is much more economically stable than East Asia in 1997, so even if the impact was severe in both times, USA/EU didn't go full great depression mode. EA was barely getting out of 3rd world state, so the impact was much stronger

>Korean anime
youtu.be/_RDq1hoCo90
youtu.be/RWianyWcl7U
youtu.be/OG3lSzvn96A
If you mean Japanese rip-off, yes. That's why we have the second highest suicide rate in the world.

>Asians
No, it's a part of them

>Korea
>Korea
>Korea

:(

No
but we have Kpop

My condolences