Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBoBhUFlpEE
youtube.com/watch?v=Yd5i7TlpzCk
youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw
strawpoll.me/12807719/
youtube.com/watch?v=JFSO0OCX-Xk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous Thread

Has this series had the most kino cinematography so far?

Bradely in the Christmas special is a terrible idea. The PR guy said he can't see it being a two parter, just standard one hour length. Two Doctors crammed into a one hour episode will be terrible and especially considering it's Capaldi's last episode, he won't have space to properly shine. This will only work if the BBC allow the episode to be 90 minutes.

Someone tried telling me that this was the Doctor. I told him no that it isn't the Doctor and that there are only 4 Doctors and maybe 5 because of the War one and that this guy isn't one of them! I swear I don't know what he was talking about. I mean Peter's old but he's kind of handsome. Why would the Doctor ever be old AND ugly? I just don't get it.

Anyways I'm new here. What do you guys like? Who is your favorite Doctor? Mine's the second one David Tennant. He's so cute. Also im gonna go watch Journeys end cause I think it's like the best series closer ever and it's a lot of fun. bye!

How about an infuriating Doctor ranking form this month.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBoBhUFlpEE

I dare you not to get mad.

Get a rope in tescos and hang yourself cunt.

There's only been 2 episodes user
That being said every series always looks better than the previous

Am I the only one who thinks the episodes so far feel rushed and too fast?

The Pilot felt perfectly fine to me. Actually brilliantly-paced.

Smile was slow then rushed towards the end.

Compared to Smith's running around 24/7?

I can give you the pilot tho.

Episode 1-4 are set up episodes establishing Bill/Doctor's relationship and furthering the Vault mystery. 5 onward's is where things get serious and much darker.

Four Doctors? There's David Tennant, the one who looks kind of like Tennant but not as cute, and the old one. Who am I missing?

You forgot the genital mutilation Doctor.

The one thing recent Doctor who episodes get horribly wrong is their shitty ''omg revelation, muh humans were the real baddies or le misunderstood creature'' endings. It turns GOAT dark episodes into shite.

the redditbots annoyed be greatly, this show is going down the pleb drain

fuck off, wanderer in the phrenology dimension you absolute racist

examples?

wew, I'm not brave enough to check the comment section of that video but I bet it's a fucking warzone

how can a show have such awful sound design
seriously I have to turn it off sometimes
are brits all hard of hearing or what

kek, it's pretty bad yeah "my doctor is better than your doctor"

f*ck off

They were cute and the episode was comfy.

Even in the early days, when they were alternating historical human baddies with sci-fi monsters, we got stories like The Rescue, where the monster was actually the human colonist in disguise.

The only time the show ever really didn't do this was the Saward era, because humans being the baddies was almost always the up-front premise, so it couldn't be the twist.

Haven't watched it yet, but I'd bet anything either T. Baker or Tennant is #1, with McCoy and Davison both too low

I now understand this scene

On that subject, apparently episode 4's going to have a binaural audio option on iPlayer like this youtube.com/watch?v=Yd5i7TlpzCk
Not sure if they're gonna use a special microphone or just fake it

From worst to best it's:
6, 7, 1, War, 8, 12, 5, 3, 2, 9, 11, 10

I remember doing this last time it was posted because I really didn't want to watch what looked like a cancerous video but then I didn't even post it

Fear Her
Smile
Hide
The Beast Below
Vincent and the Doctor
Time Heist
A Christmas Carol
Curse of the Black Spot
A Town Called Mercy
Journey to the Centre of the Tardis
In the Forest of the Night

Not a whole lot but enough for it to be a noticeable and tiring trope by now.

Fuck I missed 4, he's first. It's:

6, 7, 1, War, 8, 12, 5, 3, 2, 9, 11, 10, 4

Doctor's Rankings

14. Colin Baker
13. John Hurt
12. Willia Hartnell
11. Jon Pertwee
10. Tom Baker
9. Matt Smith
8. David Tennant
7. Paul McGann
6. Peter Davison
5. Patrick Troughton
4. Sylvester Mccoy
3. Tom Rosenthal
2. Christopher Eccleston
1. Peter Capaldi

I had a nice, neat, ordered list before Capaldi. I really cant make a list now.

>McCoy second worst
>that whole "hoodie, sunglasses, Moffat too complicated" whinge for Capaldi's segment
Wew. At least they didn't go for the old "Davison is bland" line.

12>4>9>7>3>2>11>8>1>6>10>5

Capaldi really got some dirt thrown his way by these people. I wonder why.

5 < 10 < 7 < 6 < 3 < 8 < 1 < 4 < 11 < 9 < 12 < 2

Am i the only who who thinks the Doctor should stay Scottish? there's something great about him when he's Scottish. McCoy and Capaldi are my favourite Doctors. I feel it suits him better than being ''English'' so to speak.

Only 12 episodes? I really don't see how it's a problem. You'd rather Vincent and the Doctor be literally about the Doctor and Van Gogh chasing a big invisible chicken instead of it being a metaphor for depression?

>Tennant that low

That being said, life would be incredibly boring if everyone had the same opinion, so carry on

Thin Ice

Almost none of those are examples of the trope, no matter how hard you try to stretch things.

Half of them are stories where there are no baddies, just two sides who misunderstand each other. In some of those, like Vincent and the Doctor, the humans don't even do anything wrong at all.

Others, like Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, the human baddies are the baddies right from the start.

12 too much. It should only be a couple at most.

1. Peter Capaldi=Matt Smith
2. Tom Baker=Sylvester McCoy
3. William Hartnell=Jon Pertwee=Patrick Troughton
4. Peter Davison=Christopher Eccleston
5. Colin Baker=John Hurt=David Tennant
I'm not very good with favourites

>Tennant that low
>Tennant that high
>Colin last
Plebiest plebs

Don't me wrong, I love Tennant. He was my doctor growing up, like a childhood hero. I'm probably one of the only people that do love him here, it's just that now I'm older I'm of the opinion that there's better doctors, but it's all completely subjective. We all have our favourites.

I was gonna argue but I'm thinking this might be bait

Only plebians who have never listened to any BF rate Colin that low. I'm appalled by this. What's up with the hate for 12? I will never understand those who complain about the Doctor being too alien.

Tennan a shit go back to tumblr faggot

>filename is 1
>don't know who he is
Try again sweetie :)

Here is the Doctor redpill. The best Doctors are

1.Capaldi
2.Tennant
3.Eccleston
4.MCcoy
5.Pertwee

Tennant was awesome, stop the hate.

Reminder that big finish is not canon

>I will never understand those who complain about the Doctor being too alien.

I think they have a problem with portraying it through quirky shit not in general

every time it's stupid fezzes, guitars, le quirky meme

WRONG

But Colin Baker isn't my least favorite Doctor!

help im being bullied

>Needs more Tennant

A real fan can't rank the Doctors, because there's just nobody that can possibly come in last place.

Wtf I've never watched an episode of Dr. Who in my life, are Daleks actually cyborgs? I always thought they were just robots.

Rank Dalek stories.

7>12>9>11>8>6>4>2>3>1>5>war>curator>watcher>morbius>>

Yeah, I mean it's not pepe in there, but yeah.
>Daleks were "not robots", but "savage, incredibly intelligent, living, breathing creatures housed inside a war tank"

>curator
>watcher
>morbius

literally fuck off

you forgot the valeyard

youtube.com/watch?v=uNuHV-iLBRw

WHATEVER, MORE TENNANT FOR ME

prove this wrong /who/

I can't because it's true.

Can you blame me? 1 appearance in one of the most tediously long serials in dw. I guess he'd go after the watcher.
All yours senpaitachi ;)

I'd suck Ecclestons dick just so he'd make a cameo.

reminder that user needs to post his dick
strawpoll.me/12807719/
strawpoll.me/12807719/
strawpoll.me/12807719/

Wait, Moffat confirmed the War Doctor audios were canon?

So the complete list of "confirmed canon by the producer at the time" is:
>Dimensions in Time
>S1 of The Adventure Games
>War Doctors audios

I mean, it's OK to watch the TV show too if you want, but it's not canon.

I really can't place Capaldi until he has done his run completely, but Eccelston is GOAT.

Switch Tennant or Pertwee for McGann and I'd agree with this

>it's not pepe in there
They do pretty much go "REEE, non-Daleks get out" though.

Can we stop with the "canon" meme now please? It's not funny anymore.

For me:
13. Jon Pertwee
12. William Hartnell
11. Peter Davidson
10. Colin Baker
9. David Tennant
8. John Hurt
7. Cristopher Eccleston
6. Matt Smith
5. Paul McGann
4. Tom Baker
3. Sylvester McCoy
2. Patrick Troughton
1. Peter Capaldi

I disagree
your opinion is not canon

I actually cry sometimes because Eccleston will never come back to Doctor who. That's how good his Doctor was.

But it was comfy 7/10 episode let down by a shit endingkino

that's not what kino is
kino does not have a shit ending

Capaldi won me over in Deep Breath even though it was a shit episode. Says a lot about him as an actor if he won a hard to please person like myself in just one ep.

>Daleks are just intergalactic Pepe's REEing across the universe

REE is how they recharge their weapons.

>Pepe is part of the Trickster Brigade.

TFW....

I DONT REMEMBER THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=JFSO0OCX-Xk

Although I don't count 9 as one of my favorite Doctors, I think he's absolutely one of the better actors to play the part. He's the only one I can see actually performing in Heaven Sent just as good as Capaldi did

2 > 11 = 12 > 4 > 8 = 7 > 3 > 9 = 6 > 1 > 5 > 10 > War

I don't care what the writers say, only the show and some of the 8th Doctor BF stories are Canon. The rest is degenerate clutter filled with stupid ideas and characters.

I 100% agree with everything you just said
>Heaven Sent with Eccleston
That would have been amazing

I can actually kind of see late-original-Evelyn-arc Colin Baker doing it. It would be very different, but I think it would work.

But yeah, imagine how annoying it would be with Smith, or Tom, or how dull it would be with Davison…

>A real fan can't rank the Doctors, because there's just nobody that can possibly come in last place.
Exactly, all the Doctors are excellent in their own way, none are outright "bad" except MAYBE 6, but only cause of the writing and decisions made during his tenure, not his performance.

I remember it
I also remember how they failed so hard at green screen they forgot to put matt behind the console at 0:16

The show is degenerate clutter filled with stupid ideas and characters.

It's still a lot of fun. And long stretches of the novels, the BF monthlies, and the DWM comics are not only less stupid than the TV show, but just as fun as it too.

Guys, I'm actually really liking Whovians. I thought it would just be the BBC paying some semi-famous people to awkwardly shill the show, but instead it's real fans who can basically say whatever they want but also have access to some bonus behind the scenes content. Definitely less cringey than something like The Fan Show and in the future it'll be a good time capsule of the current fandom.

Yeah somebody has to get hold of Eccleston and convince him the cunts at the top are gone from the BBC and get him to do a few more episodes, he's aged extremely well.

I really like imagining how other Doctors would do in another Doctor's most iconic scenes, and just thinking how different it would sound and whether they could actually perform it on par. Like, imagining Eleven giving the Zygon Inversion speech, or Eight giving the Akhaten speech

fucking kek jesus christ who was in charge of that

>can put a brain anywhere
>put it in the most obvious place
whoever designed these things are a bit of a retard.

>Donna

God damn it I was having a good day.

Yeah, after that second episode, it's pretty clear nobody is telling them what they can't say ("In the Forest of the Annoying Children"). And they know what they're talking about well enough to make the joke "Your move, Big Finish". Really, other than the prefilmed shark-attack segment in episode 1, there's nothing cringey about it.

I think McGann could've done it if he pulled out every stop.