Who is the GOAT and why is it pic related?

Who is the GOAT and why is it pic related?

>why is it pic related
The most dominant MMA fighter in a stacked division
Remained dominant during major shifts in the sports evolution of effective styles
Avenged any loses from earlier in his career
Fought each challenger with a tailored style which made him hard to predict and impossible to stop
Kept competitive as the division kept producing larger fighters with weight cutting becoming better overtime
Never refused a fight
Was completely honest with the public about why he beat someone after a fight and his own weaknesses so competitor had the knowledge to beat him but just had to outwork him which proved impossible
His character and personality in public reflects who he is as a person which is a genuinely nice but unfathomably driven human
He's self made from poor beginnings and sacrificed to chase his MMA dream and then a normal life to keep it going

>St-Pierre is a friend of convicted Canadian drug kingpin Jimmy Cournoyer and appealed to the judge for leniency during his trial.[100]

weird fact desu

Oh, and did it all while being one of the very few all natty fighters.

Thanks for your insightful comments. Do you think there is anyone else who could even be considered as the GOAT? What about Royce Gracie?

Which middleweights are known PED users?

>natty

Sakuraba.

He fought to a draw against the best HW of his era (he conceded the fight in overtime) in the same night he defeated Royce Gracie (by the time undefeated) in a fight that lasted 90 minutes (the Gracie guys asked for special rules).

Fascinating. It's odd I so rarely hear him proposed as the GOAT

Anderson Silva is the obvious one. Anyone who considers that roiding fraud to be the GOAT needs to go back to WWE.

Anderson Silva, Thiago Silva, Wanderlei, Henderson, Sonnen, Belfort, Marquardt. Maybe more but i'm surprised how many I could name without even thinking about it.

Most MMA fans started following the sport in the Brock Lesnar era. By then, even the likes of Minotauro and Arona were already out of their prime. So, an ancient fighter like Saku is unknown.

See, I thought it may be Anderson, but I only started watching because of Jon Jones, so what do I know?

You're not wrong there mate. I'd heard of Sakuraba, but I'd never watched any of his fights. I want too now though; any you'd recommend?

>ctrl+F Fedor
>zero results
zzz

Why do you think Fedor is the GOAT?

Still an incredible fighter but I can't help but feel that the PED controversies have tarnished his reputation.

>literally undefeated for a decade in the most volatile division
>faced and convincingly defeated all top contenders from his era aside from Barnett, finished many
>amazingly fluent combination of striking and grappling through Sambo, more of a true mixed martial artist than even >90% of modern fighters

Thanks to you too for the info. You think he could be a champion in today's division?

However, I always get hype for his oblique kicks. Absolutely terrifying

not anymore, but if he had time traveled from back then probably

Ha yeah I meant in his prime of course

kek Sakuraba is one of the greats but never the GOAT
He got killed by Wanderlei 3 times

The only real contenders are: Fedor, Jon Jones, GSP, Aldo...

>Jones
>a confirmed 2 time cheater
He has a permanent asterisk on all of his wins now. We have no idea which ones he was and wasn't juicing for (save 2) and we'll never know because we can't take his word for it.

I am convinced everyone in MMA juices. Everyone. There is never anything that will make me think otherwise.

Having said that, I don't give a shit. Being the MMA GOAT is all about being a dangerous man and I don't think there is anyone alive I would like to fight less than Jon Jones. Not even Lesnar or guys like that.

>Not even Lesnar

4XL gloves on the hands of The Vanilla Gorilla pounding you so mercilessly that a zoo worker has to shoot him is far scarier. Jones is better skillwise but I'll fail a takedown and get choked out or kneed in the face rather than that beat down by Lesnar.

Lesnar has been humiliated more than once
He's shit, deal with it mandrama faggots

You're probably right. Maybe it's just because Jones has always seemed so unstoppable, whereas I've seen Lesnar falter.

Obviously, you'd have to be retarded to pick a fight with either of them.

>natty
HMMMMMMM.....

Lesnar is scary af but he looked human against Overeem and Cain
Jon Jones looks unstoppable. He broke Vera's orbital bone with an elbow.

Correction: He looked human against Gus

He looked lazy against Gus, but I'm not really sure if that's the same thing.

He was already the GOAT Champion in title defenses and win streak. Vacates title nearly undefeated.

Coming back from retirement, jumping up in weight, and smashing Bisping, for another title, cements GOAT status.

He's basically the prestige of Conor + Jon Jones, but he's clean. Hard to think of another GOAT competitor in the UFC (it's probably Fedor outside of UFC), since Anderson Silva tarnished his legacy with that lengthy losing streak and getting busted for PED's.

Fedor's career is still probably incomparable but I agree.

jones is overrated. relies on eye gouges and illegal elbows. dirty fighter, steroid abuser, and a piece of shit outside the ring.

he capitalizes on being 6'4" in the light heavyweight division, when everyone else is 5'8". basically the same advantage conor had in featherweight, being a lanklet who has reach on everyone. if he stepped up to heavyweight he'd get absolutely smashed.

C'mon, man. This kind of post just comes off as so loaded with ridiculous bias that it contributes nothing to any conversation. Everybody knows that Jones is dirty. Everybody also knows he has amazing skill as a fighter.

>when everyone else is 5'8"
average height in lhw is 6' you lying cunt

I know about his dirtiness but the thing is he is so complete. If you stay long range he'll have the reach and use knee ricks, high kicks, long ass punches. He never stops hitting you with something. If you close the distance he starts grabbing you hands and fucking you up with elbows, spinning elbows. If you clinch him he'll take you down and then you're in a nightmare scenario because the man has the most scary elbows in the game.

This is true

*scariest

You make him sound like some kind of fearsome competitor, his last half dozen wins are all decisions, and close ones at that, personally I think Gus beat him.

Even with steroids and cheating he's just barely edging out, hes not an all time dominating fighter like you faggots would like to believe. I know Dana tried to hype him, but he ain't shit now.

the Lance Armstrong of MMA.

Those are very valid points I agree. With Jones being more well rounded and his fighting style and attitude though, he would probably just choke my ass out or knock me out with a punch. Lesnar though will ground and pound, guaranteed. He looked human against those guys and he isn't the GOAT or even near that but we're not them. He would absolutely trash out faggot asses. I'll take the variable ways to die over the guaranteed vicious mauling any day.

Jones would dislocated your knee with one oblique kick

Bait.

>natty
Sure

Okay who's better? Nick or Nate?

Better is subjective. I mean they both suck. Nick won some meme titles but never won the only one that matters in the UFC. And choked big time against GSP and Silva.

Nate never won anything. However he got fucking paid from the Conor fights.

Probably Nate because he is rich now and Nick is leeching off him.

Funny, not many people say Nick sucked. Get got fucking SCHOOLED against GSP though

still don't like him

Goddamn Sakuraba
Guy was a killer... A beta-version of Bruce Lee. whatever that means

stick to your containment thread if you faggots don't want to get banned to /asp/ with the mandrama queers

>He broke Vera's orbital bone with an elbow.
Anyone could do that with an illegal elbow like Jon retard

Has he ever filed for a TUE?
Has he ever missed a test?
Has he ever failed a test?
Was he undergoing stricter testing than any other fighter before the UFC mandated USADA?
How many fighters stopped fighting because PED's where so rampant and the organisation was refusing to do anything about it?
How many then came back when the testing had been sorted and fighters started getting caught?

It's impossible to have such a clean record and cohesive narrative over such a long career without defying statistical probability or just being totally natty.

had to be specific cuz he came back sucking hahaha.

lol. You're not fooling anyone daniel...

>How many fighters stopped fighting because PED's where so rampant and the organisation was refusing to do anything about it?

how many?

At least 1, GSP

i thought GSP quite because of memory issues

Jon Jones

Anderson and Wand yes. Hendo yeah, the rest of those guys are also fun to watch but not all time greats.

Forgot how to get away with Vaseline on body.

fuck i forgot about Vaselinegate
so fuck off nerd

Saku would kill Bruce Lee my man

Very very good post.

There's a very good argument that he lost the Hendricks fight.

>Maybe it's just because Jones has always seemed so unstoppable
He barely beat Guss. In fact, if not for a cheeky spinning back elbow that landed on Guss 4 minutes into round 4, Guss would have won that fight.

>He got killed by Wanderlei 3 times
Wanderlei was much larger than he was. And so was Arona. And Rampage. And a young Vitor. And Cro Cop. And Randleman. All of them in their primes.

GSP would also be stomped if he had to constantly fight elite LHWs and HWs, like Sakuraba used to. Would GSP do well if he fought Jon Jones, Cormier, Werdum?

Still better than mauling

I never understood why an "oblique kick" is to the knee/thigh area if your oblique muscles are on the side of your abs. Am i fucking retarded? Ive done boxing and alittle juijitsu but ive never really learned fuck all about kicks.

I don't know why folks keep talking about Jones, cheaters don't deserve this praise, questionable elbow hits. When you are caught all your wins have a great doubt element.

Him being a cheater doesn't take away his skills. He's really gifted. There's literally nothing he can't do.
In terms of MMA he's arguable the best ever.
If you look at his character etc. he's a massive dick.
GSP is a nice guy and an awesome fighter.

That would be demetrious johnson.
If you disagree, you're a casual or an insecure manlet. It's as simple as that

its low key jon jones

o·blique
əˈblēk,ōˈblēk/Submit
adjective
neither parallel nor at a right angle to a specified or implied line; slanting.

jones goat. bonds goat. armstorng goat. these are facts.

i know about triangles faggot....

I already looked it up, there is an oblique ligament in your knee

when you insult a fellow canadian, the burgers win

When Stipe clears the whole AKA roster out he'll be the GOAT

good thread

It's very possible. Tons of professional sports players do it all the time.

Demetrious is a manlet..

Its about anatomical part affected called obliques.

that wasn't an illegal elbow you drooling retard

>Coming back from retirement, jumping up in weight, and smashing Bisping, for another title, cements GOAT status.
Not only that, but he was puking his guts out during his training camp and didn't gain his full weight back on the night of the fight, which basically means he beat Bisping underweight.
It's a shame he's dropping back to welterweight, if he doesn't retire that is.

the real answers

jon jones, fedor, gsp, DC, stipe, silva

don't let anyone tell you otherwise. favouritism determines who the best is among those 5, but they're the GOATs