It's doesn't matter if he's an actual scientist. His show inspired children to pursue scientific careers...

It's doesn't matter if he's an actual scientist. His show inspired children to pursue scientific careers, and are currently battling against anti-science legislation. What matters is that he is Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill-nye-freaks-out-after-scientist-schools-him-on-climate-change/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STOP ASSUMING HIS FUCKING GENDER, ASSHOLE

Isn't he a ideologue pumping out propaganda for the far left?

What anti-science legislation?

I guess conservatives would consider scientific education "propaganda" so sure.

No user what inspires humans to become scientist is a genetic high level of curiosity from childhood thats why fucking morons never become scientist.

>scientific
>literally saying WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS TRUE FUCK YOUR CHROMOSOMES.

>What matters is that he is Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Except Disney owns that trademark.
Now he's just Le Meme Scientist Man (white version)

There are two genders and life begins at conception

you worthless people are fucking doomed. your best result would be ending up as soylent green.

It's enforcing a narrative by leveraging the science title. It's not that conservatives don't agree; they can't voice any disagreement without being labeled as "anti-scientific."

>

>life begins at conception
Bullshit. Life begins when electrical activity in the brain does, which is about 2 months in.

Denying evolution and climate change is an anti-science sentiment. It's at odds with the scientific community.
>enforcing a narrative by leveraging the science title
That's what conservatives did when they rebranded the Bible's creation story as "intelligent design".

Nope

Acktually retard microbes are life thus life never "begins" because life already existed before you were even born fucking moron.

If you have a song that starts off with beautiful transitions and melodies but the last 60% of the song is dreadful white noise with some brap noises thrown it, then the song is shit.

he truly became Bill Bye The Science Guy

You're mixing the issues, this show is terrible even if what you say is true or not

>kids go out and get science degrees
>whoops we dont actually need that many scientists!

climate change is also not proven to be caused by humans.

>le dehumanize babies because i want to kill them meme
50 years from now we'll be looking at abortion the same way we look at slavery

Bill Nye is for children
Quantum Mechanics is for men

>Excited about the Bill Nye reboot
>Instead of having a fun rap about atoms it's a girl singing about muh vagina

Science was a mistake.

Trust me as someone with experience, you do not want STEMfags running the government

NASA faked 6 space missions

>posts babby's first quantum lecture

More like

>kids go out and get soft science degrees
>whoops we actually need good scientists and engineers
>we don't actually need that many psychologists, sociologists or even biologists if you're not going to become a doctor

BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

>a fetus is considered a sign of life
>a fetus is not alive

Chromosomes aren't the be-all-end-all of biological sex.

Basically, think of your chromosomes like the blueprints for a house.

They describe what it's SUPPOSED to be.
It's up to the builders, carpenters, electricians, plumbers and planners to make sure it actually happens that way, and sometimes, they make mistakes.

>currently battling against anti-science legislation
What legislation is being proposed that is "anti-science?"

There are two SEXES
Gender is for nouns

Toenail clippings are a sign of life.
Are you going to imply toenail clippings are alive?

BILL NYE THE NUMALE GUY

but i'm not a house i'm a plane

drumpf wants to defund planned parenthood

ok? theres still just 2 genders

There's a bunch, but the big one right now is the quashing of global warming data, and the reversing of pro-environment legislation.

Toenails aren't even alive when they're attached to you

what research do they conduct

>everyone has the right to self-identify as any race

>global warming

You mean climate change since global coolin- I mean warming was proven wrong

There isn't any. Trump is simply not willing to give money to MUH GLOBAL WARMING liars anymore. You gotta love how these fake science lovers were completely silent when Obama defunded NASA.

they research how much they can earn by selling fetal tissue

No, it's still global warming, and it is a scientifically quantifiable fact.

We just call it "Climate change" now because some idiots can't get their heads around the idea that global warming encompases the ENTIRE GLOBE, and just because you had snow last week doesn't mean it's not a thing.

>It's not that conservatives don't agree; they can't voice any disagreement without being labeled as "anti-scientific."
Disagreeing with established science is the definition of being anti-scientific. The GOP in its current incarnation is unfortunately dangerously anti-scientific.

>You gotta love how these fake science lovers were completely silent when Obama defunded NASA.

youre not supposed to talk about that

Post proof then.

Funny thing is until now I thought him not being a real scientist was just a meme

>science is what led to discovery of chromosomes
>science is what led to understanding about gender and that's it's more complex than we thought
>some user who doesn't like the idea that transgenderism is real is trying to pretend science agrees with instead

"established"

show me some evidence

--all the scientists agree

that's not evidence

>things I don't like are soft science and thus worthless knowing

Yeah man, the flat earth establishment was right. Round earth theories are Republican conspiracies.

sameprepper

it is real but 90% of the current ones are experiencing a mass delusion and when they come out of it hopefully they won't have fucked up their bodies too much

>His show inspired children to pursue scientific careers
did it tho? Can we find one person who honest to god can say they were inspired by Bill Nye?

Why do you think your retarded original research strung together via Google, YouTube, and the public library has any bearing whatsoever on the scientific consensus?

I'm not a scientist and it's not my job to cite scientific studies for you. It's perfectly reasonable for me to point to the scientific consensus on an issue and make fun of you for disbelieving it because MUH FEELINGS or MUH POLITICAL PARTY or MUH MONEY.

Shaun King.

Rachel Dolezal.

Nobody has a fucking clue what you're talking about

I don't think you know what the far left is.

Oh hey look, literally the first result in Google.

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

"about" and "around" in this context basically means you have no idea when a "fetus becomes a human"
there is no moment when a fetus was before a clump of cells and after a human, it gradually develops over time, meaning that it is human from the moment it is conceived

Flat earth was the accepted establishment take until some fag said it was round.

According to you, the establishment is always right so the earth must be flat.

This. Guys, this is just basic biology. There are two sexes, male and female, defined by chromosome pairs. Gender, however, is not the same thing as sex. Gender is influenced by physiology (hormones) and a whole bunch of other shit.

A link is not proof. Post proof in this thread, as in you tell me exactly why climate change is not just a meme to make green startups rich.

If far left propaganda = evolution, sure

>actual segment from the show

ok list some genders ill start:
>male
>female

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen here tonight, thanks

You're suggesting that because expert opinion can change, expert opinion is no more valuable than your dumb fantasies

That's retarded

Furthermore, there was never a global consensus on the nature of the planet before, well, you know, modernity. There wasn't even a scientific community per se. Just independent scholars working more or less independently and sharing knowledge when the opportunities arose. Nothing at all like today

You're confusing ultra religo-nuts with all conservatives. Many conservatives do not deny evolution. Many don't deny climate change either, they merely disagree with the claim that curbing CO2 emissions will do anything to stop it. But separating many conservatives from a small group of religious nutcases makes liberal's brains hurt and they get sad. Keep being a retard while you can, once you graduate college you may have to change a few things about your lax dude weed lmao lifestyle.

You're just spamming image macros you found on Reddit. Try harder, squirt.

>1 month old fetus

>a baby

That's not how it works.

You wanted proof that global warming was real, there it is.

I can't prove that green startups AREN'T using it as a "meme" to "make themselves rich", but these two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

faggy male
butch female
girly girl
etc.

We use these concepts every day; it's not hard to understand

>battles anti-science legislature
>spouts anti-science tumblr ideologues

those are all variations of male or female not separate genders. try again

>I don't need to explain myself, just say "consensus" over and over again until I win

THE SUN REVOLVES AROUND THE EARTH, IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE ANTI SCIENCE

> there are people who believe Shaun King is white
> In the year of our lord 2017

Gender is a spectrum constrained by sex. Sex is a binary.

He looks disturbingly like Felicia Day.

stop posting those dumb images

Bruv, we've had evidence the Earth was round since at least 240 b.c. when Eratosthenes did his little shadow experiment. Nobody sailing a boat believed the Earth was flat.

wtf i love islam now

>there is no moment when a fetus was before a clump of cells and after a human

There IS that moment. You're right, getting to that point IS gradual, but there is a point when a fetus is, unarguably human, and that moment is 24 weeks, when brain activity starts permanently.

Wait for that ad hominem, should of just responded with the fallacy fallacy one.

So you have nothing, like all climate change memers.

You lost and I am glad PRESIDENT Trump is BTFOing your stupid little scam. :)

dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/bill-nye-freaks-out-after-scientist-schools-him-on-climate-change/

:)

I think what matters more is the fact that millennials hold him in the same regards as an actual scientist and he's now using that to push lefty gender politics.

You are really uneducated.

I don't really know how to talk to somebody who simply doesn't understand what science is and how the scientific method works.

Hopefully one day you'll develop enough curiosity to actually learn these things, and enough humility to admit that you're ignorant.

Good luck. The human race is counting on people like you to pull your heads out of your asses. I've got my fingers crossed.

But there are still only two genders. Whether you want to say a little female or a lot male is irrelevant and pseudo bullshit.

Well when your party leaders are full of science denying retards and you continue to vote for them then I have to assume that you don't care about science or you believe what they believe

yeah fuck these science nerds, I don't believe in gravity either guys

but user both ends of political spectrum deny science, it's just the ones you agree with

No, there are two sexes. Within the sexes, there are gender spectra. That's why a man can grow tits, develop a love of chocolate, and became a whiny bitch by taking estrogen-- but he can never grow a vagina, no matter how many chemicals he consumes. His sex is determined by his DNA. But his gender is determined by physiology.

It's more like...

>THE SUN REVOLVES AROUND THE EARTH, IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE FREE TO POST SOME EVIDENCE AND WE'LL BOTH TRY AND REFUTE ONE ANOTHER.

With Climate Change, you mostly have NOAA, NASA, and Exxon arguing with Young Earth scientists.