Thoughts on this movie?

Thoughts on this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
youtube.com/watch?v=ecMfU3910WY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked the snake duel. That's the only part of this I can remember so I'm not sure if I've even seen the whole thing.

Christkino

A cinematographic masterpiece;

One of the best movies involving Christian mythology and it has perhaps the best scene ever made involving the physical representation of God; Powerful yet abstract.

>Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground

This movie really touched an almost ethereal nerve somehow, the story felt very real on a personal level yet it felt like it was all a dream at the same time.

The voice acting was GOAT as well.

Imo there's something about animation can seem almost more real than live action movies, perhaps because it's not bound by physical restraints and can speak directly to your imagination/sub conscious.

/tips

It's kino, but most Christians I know are assholes

Exploring the strained relationship between Ramses and Moses was an interesting take on things that gave it personal gravitas and every single song in it was brilliant. If you're not raising your kids to at least appreciate the Judea Christian mythos and you're not showing them film then you're failing as a parent.

"found babbies" were a popular explaination for princesses who fucked their slaves and had a half slave babby

I miss this style of animation.

We should get more stories from religions too. I'm worried that many people are so close minded they will bash Pringe of Egypt for being about a story in the Bible. Open your minds, folks. No one complained about Road to El Dorado being about Mayan religion.

This movie kicks all sorts of ass. Dreamworks best imo.

Such a masterpiece. Will 2d animation ever come back so strong?

Best song

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

>do as the Jews say or we kill your children
I can't believe Sup Forums actually likes this movie

i liked it as a kid and the animation still holds up but when i rewatched it some time ago i felt like it really pushed the religious aspects on the audience beyond just telling a story.

I miss this animation style, too.

I'm fucking sick of the annoyingly bright and high contrast CGI Pixar and Dreamworks shit with the generic plots and characters with the same fucking smirk on their faces.

The Mayan religion isn't forced down our throats or even remotely relevant , nice false equivalency

This is a film. Capeshit are movies.

There are literally zero Christians in that movie.

>The Mayan religion isn't forced down our throats or even remotely relevant
Okay, I give you that. All religion is full of wisdom though. We should not reject the story of Moses even if some people force that story down our throats. If people think for themselves they can decide if they think the story is real. Either way it holds value and should not be rejected without a thought. At least I think so. I'd actually like a 2d Dreamworks animation about Hinduism. Many great stories there...

Only now I realized that has to be a fish because of the tail

is this good for 6- children?

this shit was really scary to me as a kid.

YES

pretty good animated movie. the scene where God sends the angel of death to murder a bunch of children was pure kino.

Fantastic

Neither does the Prince of Egypt shove its religion down your throat, it's just a straight adaptation of a story in the Bible

In the Bible everyone knew Moses was a Hebrew, and he just lived in the palace so he was never a prince

Most likely a whale shark

>muh jews jews jews
>it says the word jew? ew!
>dude this movie has JEWS in it
>wtf jews
>why would you watch jews
>ffs its a jew movie
>omg jews user

Pic related is also pretty decent

whoopsie

Cinematic masterpiece and a good take on a biblical myth. As an atheist I really appreciate this film, and I will definitely show it to my kids.

My only concern is that it humanizes the Jews too much.

>goal is to get jews out of egypt
>purposefully harden pharaoh's heart so he won't let you, thus sabotaging your own goal
>mass murder egyptian babies to punish pharaoh for what you yourself made him do, and to further motivate him to finally do what you're actively preventing him from doing

WHO MADE MAN'S MOUTH? Who made the deaf, the mute, the SEEING OR THE BLIND? DID NOT I!?

NOW GO!

>My only concern is that it humanizes the Jews too much
Fucking idiot

Please take up your issues with the Bible, user.

>My only concern is that it humanizes the Jews too much.
it makes them just as horrible as the Egyptians.

"yaay baby genocide is our ticket to freedom."

This, given all the fish around it.

Except God doesn't harden Pharaoh's heart in the movie, so you're only issue is with the source material.

The "harden pharao's heart" segment really ruins the entire dramaturgy of the story.

But Moses was the only Jew doing the bad stuff, and God was the asshole. Couldn't really blame the other Jews for that.

the story of moses is pure jewish propaganda written by jews in exile in babylon with very little basis in history, of course it shines a positive light on the jews.

It wasnt the Jews who killed the baby it was their God. Even Moses thought it is going too far and tried to reason Ramses to just let them go because it's going to get worse and worse.

Could you shitheads just talk about this film instead of your boring generic pol crap

was Yahweh autistic?

>Moses himself realizes he has become a slave to this psychotic god but is too afraid to stand up to it
fucking kek.

Or it's a religious myth like literally every other religious myth?

Are you gonna start calling the Odyssey Greek propaganda?

It's not possible. They spend far too much time and energy bemoaning the Jews in entirely unrelated threads to ever allow for conversation about something actually Jew-related to go without it.

nah, he's just a sociopathic mass murderer. remember when he killed almost everyone with the great flood? he also killed a million innocent babies in that event.

regardless of what you think of the religious shit the story, visuals and soundtrack are epic, I don't use that meme word lightly
even the CGI was appropriately

>what now we're killing all the egyptian younglings too?
>wait who am I not killing besides Aaron?

>Be omnipotent
>Create life
>People somehow think that means you don't have free reign to do with it as you please

Fuck off, heathen. Are you a genocidal murderer when you kill of Sims?

oh for sure. it's definitely one of the best animated feature films Hollywood ever made.

i love the movie, i saw it as a kid first with a bunch of jewish friends, and i don't think there's anything wrong with any group of people making themselves the heroes in their national epics. but you cannot talk about a movie about the most essential jewish story without talking about jewish history. i only go on pol if there's a current international habening, like the turkish attempted coup

yes, odyssey is very much greek propaganda, of course it is. most epics are. nothing wrong with this. although in the case of odyssey, it's more about homer's personal view on gods and ethics and politics that's being didactically shared as there was no unified national greek idea, unlike the exodus which primarily has the aim of preserving a distinct ethnic group's identity during their time in exile in a foreign land.

OP DELIVER US

As a Muslim would I enjoy this?

>ut you cannot talk about a movie about the most essential jewish story without talking about jewish history
Actually, yes, you can.

>Y DO PPL HAVE TO DIE?!?!?
>IF GOD IZ GOOD, Y WOULD GOD MAKE ME SADZ?!?!

i used to feel bad when i plotted to kill my retarded grandson whom i secretly fathered with my own niece who was married to my naive son, and then my son figured it out, and so i had to duel him and kill him and got bored with the plot and just imprisoned and executed the child, but, infanticide, like anything else, loses it's shocking effects once you get used to it.

Does the story of the Exodus "trigger" you?

good thing he actually doesn't give a fuck in real life. otherwise we'd all be dead... sooner.

>it's more about homer's personal view on gods and ethics and politics
Homer very likely didn't exist, and the recorded version of the text is definitely not in the ballpark of what the original spoken-word poem would have been.

But being pedantic aside, I'd find it hard to think of any piece of fiction that isn't propaganda by that extremely broad definition. All stories have a point, and it seems like you're saying as long as that's the case, it's propaganda.

Which, of course, is fine. But your original post made it sound like Exodus is bad because it's propaganda, which would only be true if you believed ALL stories are bad.

well it establishes the precedent that it's ok for god's chosen to mass murder disbelievers, so should be right up your alley t b h wallah desu

You should be able to enjoy this very good movie no matter what religion you are or are not.

does the image of a half naked woman set your jihads into a suicide bombing frenzy, user?

triggered
triggered

>Egyptian firstborn that die get to chill out in paradise for eternity with God
>atheists sperge out over it and call God a murderer.
>if atheists actually understood what was happening in the Bible they'd be mad about the fact the Egyptian firstborn get a free pass to paradise while the rest of us have to tough it out

I thought you guys were supposed to be enlightened? You literally can't understand a story that is used to teach Christian children.

no, I do not kill my sims. it's the only way I can live a life with my waifu.

This post proves God isn't autistic.

yes, it's a great movie with good songs, goat cinematography and very well made animations. plus, the story is iconic and exodus is canon in islam so nothing to trigger you religiously.

sure, but you'd be avoiding the plot, or have a very shallow discussion about it. you'd also not be able to discuss the imagery and the tone properly.

>the story of moses is pure jewish propaganda written by jews in exile in babylon with very little basis in history, of course it shines a positive light on the jews.
i genuinely don't think this implies it being bad, but i see your point. that said, exodus is more propaganda than most stories for the reason i mentioned. having to deal with pol people makes you very sensitive to statements like that i guess, and that's fair enough.

Well it's the story of Exodus, a religious chapter in a religious holy book, what the fuck did you expect.

>you will never get to fulfill your potential and because you're up in heaven getting molested by an omnipotent old man

do they though? don't they go to purgatory? they weren't baptized or circumcised or whatever, so i doubt they can get to heaven. did god make an exception?

it's also psychological torture for all egyptians, some of whom might not have been bad.

It really doesn't.

>I do not kill my sims

>Not creating a serial killer sim
>Not building a shed in your backyard
>Not placing only a fire place and carpet in there
>Not luring other sims in there and then deleting the door
>Not enjoying the stupid yelps sims make when they're on fire

then I suggest you watch it. just make sure you tell us first when you're about to run over people with a bus full of terrified children, who you'll blow up in the name of Allah.

>Ramses screaming for Moses to let him travel with him at the end

I don't think any animated movie has hit me harder.

>fulfill your potential
What kind of "potential" do you think people had in ancient Egypt? Potential to serve the Pharaoh? Potential to fuck on some Egyptian sluts in the pre-penicillin age? What kind of potential do you think you have now?

i preferred pool parties with deleted ladders, they just drown to death after swimming around frantically.

But it's old testament.

I noticed Ramses yells out Moses' name and Moses saying "goodbye brother" the first time Moses ran away after he killed a guard.

It was a nice call back.

Prince of egypt is pure kino.
Dreamworks churns out shitty cgi flicks now, but their 2d animations are great.

I don't know, but at least it's better to live and do something instead of dying without doing anything.

What wisdom is there in the story of Moses? That if you're a Jew you're special and people deserve to die because someone else is giving you a hard time?

If you can find an animated film with more impressively grand backgrounds I'd like to see it.

I really would, it must be excellent if it exists

Meh I wanted to kill in a way as to not see it, but hear it.

"Don't enslave people or bad shit will happen to you down the road"

The message was that slave labor is only cost-effective in the short term. In the long term, more trouble than it's worth.

>do they though?

Yes, God claims special ownership of all firstborn lives. As far as God is concerned, when the Egyptian firstborn died he was simply taking back what belonged to Him anyway.

>don't they go to purgatory?

No. Purgatory is Christian fanfiction.

sinbad almost killed them so they ditched 2d animation entirely

But the Hebrews went on to have slaves right after that, what the hell they didn't even learn the lesson themselves.
True.

youtube.com/watch?v=ecMfU3910WY

I've forgotten, but I watched the Charleton Heston version a couple of weeks ago. did Prince of Egypt have the annoying dude who always kept instigating the Jews into a mob or making them build the golden idol?

>But the Hebrews went on to have slaves right after that, what the hell they didn't even learn the lesson themselves.
And guess what, the Hebrews have a shitty time after escaping from Egypt

nah, israelites had their own slaves, it was a case of "yahweh is the goatest god and jews are his chosen people, don't mess with them". the prince of egypt being a contemporary adaptation changed the message into what you said though.

huh, good for the children i guess. thanks user.

Shame that. Eris was waifu tier.

No. There's no depiction of the golden idol in this, it ends with them escaping Egypt and Moses receiving the commandments

*but it's totally cool to invade canaan and murder the people already living there, god wills it n sheet

basic moral: treating human beings like cattle to be subdued or murdered is bad if the goyim do it, but it's cool if the hebrews do it, because they have special license

No, they don't get that far.

That would be the liberties taken. It doesn't have to be exactly accurate if you can take a message from an isolated story.

They set out primarily to make a good film, not to be 100% accurate.

oh okay. no wonder I can't recall that particular scene. thanks.