In a couple years there will be college courses about this movie

In a couple years there will be college courses about this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUxlYM1B-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>BvS: All the movies it shamelessly copies and fails to be as good as

>>he'll never attend a university

SAD

Yeah, what's the course going to be called, the rise and the fall of american cinema? Because I'll tell you one thing. Hollywood, your time has almost elapsed. Your stagnant ideas and rampant propaganda has crushed you and the death of western entertainment is upon you. Eastern cinema rises and will take your money and your viewers and grind you into dust and the conniving sheep will flock like rats on a sinking ship as they drown, sunk by the rising glory of eastern cinema. Too late, you'll change your ways, when the little spreadsheets that show the dollars that govern your lives read zero will you desperately try to gain back what they have lost through their own ineptitude. But it will be too late. No one will answer their call. But no one will be left watching to see. The sun is rising in the east.

Probably not, but there should be.

The funny part is that most of your gripes about this movie arise from a stubborn insistence on it conforming to the "formula" and the tropes that you espouse to hate.

what the fuck are you talking about

>In a couple years there will be college courses about this movie
Yeah courses about how not to make a movie.

>Gay Adult Filmmaking 101

Look shill I know it hurt that Suicidd Squad outsold Civil War in home sales (on top of the oscar), but you need top stop false flagging. I'm sure GotG will do fine!

Nice pasta weaboo scum. Yeah, every movie should be animes about magical schoolgirls who struggles with grades and crushes in the day and fight demons at night.

>implying
>implying
>IMPLYING that wasn't exactly what batman versus superman was

The dollar story 'symbolism' in BvS is cringe-tier. The most it'll be getting is high-school cafeteria banter about how hilariously bad it is.

Get a hold of this dumb weeb. Azns are fucking soulless automatons who can't for the life of them make a decent film that will impact emotionally anyone who isn't autistic and mentally ill.

75% credit on a filmaking degree

>BvS analysis taught in ivy league universities
>Snyder revered as Kubricks successor
>DCEU is the gold standard for cinema

feels good

This movie gave us all the following:

>Symbolic imagery with multiple meanings and interpretations.

>Subtle use of allegory that you can either pick up on and appreciate or ignore completely.

>Characters with actual psychologies and motivations that are revealed by their actions and interactions instead of being monologued to the audience.

>Respectful treatment of the source material that chooses to embrace the lore rather than disregard it.

>An original story that intermingles two of the most well-known comics stories of the 80s and 90s while being a direct lift of neither, and in fact, reversing some of the roles to give us a more contemporary message.

>A villain who subverts the whole trope of the villain's monologue by using it to further obfuscate rather than reveal his scheme.

>so good that I have to use a list of bullet points to convince people it was good

lmao. you know if you have to convince people a movie is good, it's not right? They would just agree with you at the outset.

BvS is going to be taught as the proof that critics of this decade were bought.

All of this.

BvS is possibly the most influential film this side of 2000. The imagery, the hidden meaning and depth in each shot. BvS is a magnificent gesture of art and humanity, I would love to see how our younger generations interpret the film in the future.

BvS is the leafy of movies

BvS is the Canada of movies. Very pretty, but mostly cold emptiness.

>dude if it's popular it's good lmao
I'm not defending BvS at all but your logic is garbage

and you'll hopefully get fired

>make a film
>have it reference greater works of art in every shot
>have an OK subversive theme in it
>have said theme be communicated like shit
>masterpiece

Yeah, at film school, as an example of what not to do.

Someone asked me what the fuck I was on about in response to a post that suggested that this was another formulaic, dumb-as-shit Hollywood blockbuster. I pointed out that when you look at it and insist that's what it is, yeah, not much that's happening appears to make much sense. When people point out to you what *is* going on and you still insist in viewing it through that filter, the loss is on you, not the fans.

You've swallowed the bullshit that all a "cape" movie can ever be is brainless entertainment, forgetting that there wasn't even such a subgenre before Disney told you there was, creating preconceptions about what a cape film is and what it can be over the course of the last decade."Cape" movies are sci-fi/fantasy, with all the freedom to explore the themes one commonly finds in such films, and believing any differently cheapens not only the experience, but also the people making them. Some films transcend the artificial limitations placed on them by their genre and I'm telling you that Snyder has now made at least two such films in MoS and BvS.

If you watched a horror movie and insisted it was the worst comedy you'd ever seen, you'd look equally retarded.

Since no objective measure to rate movies exist, the best you can do is a popularity measure. Kinda like democracy. The person with the most points wins.

Not ideal of course, but just like democracy, better than all the other methods. So, the best movie ever is Titanic.

>american education

>only completely objective things are worth arguing about

>How to make a box office bomb with the most bankable superheroes ever created 101.

And thank you. You've just proven the level of discourse you're comfortable with.

>my only arguments are strawmen and I still lose

no, you're literally saying you that popularity = quality

If you could read, you would know that is not what I said.

>you know if you have to convince people a movie is good, it's not right? They would just agree with you at the outset.
that's literally saying that if people think it's bad, it's bad and vice versa

And every mass shooting in colleges will be justified.

That's quite right. Thank you for impressively rephrasing what I said. Have you consider looking for a job as a rephraser or perhaps, some sort of human sized parrot? Guess a parrot wouldn't be the right fit though, they're just repeaters...

then why are you denying that that is what you said?

Rewording would be as useless an endeavor for me as rereading would be for you, I suspect. Guess your run as pretending to be completely literate is over. You're going to have to hit the books because your current abilities are not sufficient to converse with others.

>literally
>did not actually say that

>implies clearly that popularity means quality
>pretends to actually be implying something else that you won't explicitly state to avoid having to defend your actual point
I think we're done here.

I already said exactly what I meant, all you have to do is decode the symbols on the screen.

I almost took an english class my freshman year of college that began its semester analyzing The Dark Knight. But I had gotten into a math class that ran simultaneously so I couldn't do it. Still wonder what it would've been like.

kys

>capeshit

>Pseudointellectualism and failed use of symbolism in cinema: a case study

A thesis on why people fear what they don't understand.

I noticed the other day that the progressive movements of Lex's theme suggest his descent.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GBUxlYM1B-Q

Intro - majestic if evil, an inversion of Superman's theme.

Second section - pizzicato strings and staccato piano with syncopated percussion, suggestive of clockworks. Growing dissonance.

Last section - Arpeggiated fifths in the same minor key, highly suggestive of the demonic and Faustian bargains, Faust being another man who traded his soul for knowledge.

A while back I believe I read they used a harpsichord instead of a piano as it plucks the strings instead of striking them to suggest Lex's string pulling throughout the movie.

Faggots here don't even recognise the pure, raw and unadulterated kino this film has. It's take a few years for people to recognise it's brilliance, like Citizen Cane.

Have either of you guys ever read the old miniseries from the 80s called "Legends?"

I'm convinced we're going to see some beats incorporated from that into the upcoming movies.

That doesnt surprise me, i ve met a chcik from a film college course and she told me that Speed Racer (yes, fucking speed racer) was the movie she had seen most times because they were analyzing the shit out of it for an entire semester. It seemed to drain life out of her, and she said she doesnt even watch movies anymore, because she only sees them at a filmmaker level, and she just cannot enjoy them.

I've never watched that. Is it any good?

No, its fucking abysmal. I admit ive never seen the previous carton, so i cant compare it that much. The graphics and colors are decent, but oh boy, the story. I guess that you could expect it from the cartoon adaptation.

The other day someone posted this vid: youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

>tfw you were to much of a brainlet to understand the depth of Man of Steel.

>another bvs thread

That's sort of what I expected. It's one I've always meant to watch just for sake of the production quality, but story junkie that I am, I can't quite bring myself to.

>when you're so angry that people like a movie you project your own insecurities onto other people through the use of a reddit meme

I wrote a forty page paper on BvS last semester for a film class final. Got an A in it, too.

No there won't.
That image is hoakey as fuck

God I fucking hope not. BvS 101 would be the perfect place for a school shooting to start.

And even that vid only really scratches the surface. Clark's childhood flashbacks are designed and structured in such a way as to echo the emotional development of a child in respect to their parents.

And the religion and god-making themes go all the way back to the opening scenes on Krypton.

Post it

>got an A on a 40 page analysis

All you have to do to get an A is put a lot of effort in and get into the details of whatever you're talking about. 40 pages of anything will get you an A as long as your grammar is good.

>Characters with actual psychologies and motivations that are revealed by their actions and interactions instead of being monologued to the audience.
>ugh being Superman is soo depressing. Why am I so good at everything. My father died in a hurricane. I am so sad. Tfw noone really loves me but Louis. My mom's name is Martha btw

No there won't. Because any humanities programs that might open this course will be long closed

He's not sad, dumbass. He's worried, wracked with guilt, and a little confused over what he's seeing in the world.

>as long as your grammar is good
Well. As long as you grammar well.

>as long as you grammar well

POST IT

kek