"Maybe next time you'll make me Asian."

Hopefully, but don't hold your breath for racist Hollywood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a4g_hIhwqaI
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0081kdb.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe there will be more indie movies with Asian-Americans starring in them. Then they can move onto the big blockbuster type movies.

maybe next time an american cartoonist will create a character as iconic as Motoko and then they can make a film about her and cast an Asian actress in the part.

>Implying America produces original content
Our biggest artistic claim is Didney and they deal exclusively in rehashing old stories whether it's Snow White or Luke Skywalker.

Only negros are allowed to play white characters.

Asians are the only people who don't give a shit about being represented in Western movies.
Source: Chinese box office.

She didn't even wear this outfit, what a shit movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=a4g_hIhwqaI

One of Justin Lin's first films.

Also literally takes place in the Fast/Furious universe.

Well, she did do that movie Lucy which was set in Hong Kong or some East Asian city and it did well. So maybe the producers cast her as Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell because she would bring in money for them.

Anyway, both my parents are South East Asians, and I grew up on an island in the South Pacific watching East Asian action films, not a lot since I'm not that much of a fanatic. But at least people can just skip Hollywood films and buy the East Asian Cinema films.

Awesome, now how about another two dozen indie films about Asian American's. As for white people starring in indie films, I'm struggling to come up with half a dozen Indie films about white people at the moment. I live on an island in the South Pacific, will I be able to rent Better Luck Tomorrow at the local video store.

Also, I"m Filipino-American, can you recommend anything about Filiipino-Americans?

Imagine putting your autism over appreciating ScarJo in this role

I'd like to point out that Hollywood isn't racist, Hollywood is liberal.

Starship Troopers.

Oops nevermind, they whitewashed Rico in the movie version.

Fuck you and fuck liberal Hollywood.

>as iconic as Motoko

>people feel for this b8

that outfit is the reason no one takes anime seriously

They're remaking Starship Troopers, so I guess you'll be happy to have spic Rico sit in a classroom for 70% of the film.

It's liberal Hollywood, they're going to whitewash him again. But that's okay, it'll mean more money for liberal Hollywood. Then people will hate-read Heinlein's book.

>They're remaking Starship Troopers

>will perform worse than the original
>more faithful to the source material but not as entertaining (Total Recall effect)
>Forever War will continue to remain untainted

feels good

>>liberals can't be racist

Good one.

When it comes to diversity Asians are basically an afterthought and usually put into side character roles where people are most comfortable seeing them. What's funny is that it's only people in the west, or westernised asians/blacks that care about this sort of thing, no foreigners really give a fuck.

I guess it might be because Asians still living in their homelands aren't going to be ostracized or mocked, especially if they belong to the dominant ethnic Asian group of the country. But over here in America, most white Americans who see Asians, Black Americans, Arabs and Muslims, Hispanics, etc. in stereotypical roles will only see those people as stereotypes, even in real life. If a white American watches movies where Muslims are portrayed as the villains, then that white American might actually pick up a firearm and kill Muslim Americans who have no thought about harming other people.

I'm mentioning Muslim Americans even if this is a thread about the portrayal of Asians or the whitewashing of Asian characters in the movies that liberal Hollywood puts out. It is Arab-American Heritage month. However, I'm using this month to learn some stuff about Muslim Americans in general, not just Arab Americans.

I also want to add that the Asian-American actor, Jason Scott Lee, who starred in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, also played a character in the NBC miniseries live-action adaptation of A 1001 Arabian Nights. According to wikipedia, he played the role of Aladdin in the miniseries. I do remember watching some of that miniseries many years ago, probably a couple of years before I had to read the book for a college course on how to write short stories, I never finished that book and I dropped out of college before completing the course. I also hate the professor who was teaching that class. Anyway, I might be reading A 1001 Arabian Nights, but I just might have to get a different translation and edition, rather than read the print version that I had to read for the class.

Here's an In Our Time podcast episode on the Arabian Nights if you want to take a listen: bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0081kdb.

yeah. who you got, amerifat? Wonder Woman? Supergirl? Harley "dad's gonna freak" Quinn? BATGIRL? jesus christ, what a pack of losers.

I love r/Asianmasculinity threads

>tfw no cyberpunk gf

I'M GOING TO KEEP SAYING THIS UNTIL I GET MY CYBERPUNK GF REEEEEEEEEE

They made her white because they took a nip. if they took a white brain they would have used a jap body.

I'm going to report you for using ethnic slurs against Japanese people.