What the fuck is going on in mainstream cinema?

What the fuck is going on in mainstream cinema?

Adult people rave about children’s CGI cartoons, analyze and idolize them.

Mainstream is dominated by comic book adaptations. Reminder – comic
books were mainly kids’ entertainment.

PG13 shit all over, even horror movies.

Latest Fast & Furious is like a movie literally written by a 14yrs
old kid for 12yrs old boys.

Everything tentpole is trivial, childish and lacks any thematical depth.

Is it what’s left from our society? Hordes of simple minded drones
craving for easy to digest flashy stories?

Big, mainstream tentpole movies from 80s or 90s while still far from
high culture were far more interesting for intelligent human being,
they were entertaining for thinking person while carrying at least
some depth or thematic value.

kikes love money. thats all you need to know

Americans don't enjoy thinking anymore. This brings in a higher demographic

Welcome to 2017: when it's cool and hip to be an ignorant vapid shitlord.

It's a fucking shitty time for entertainment and media in general. Best to just stop paying attention to it and carve out your own little spot to chill and wait until things get better.

>he says this while posting a Pepe image from ifunny
Hmmmmmm

OK i know that, what interests me is what makes people eat their shit so eagerly. What social processes led us to this cultural downfall.

Just googled pepe wtf, sorry to disrespect you my Lord

What? Did you forget the film about gay niggers? That is the new high culture, which is far more disgusting than the new low brow.

try being a science fiction and horror fan... why lord why must yo4y do this to me?

>ifunny

Probably when shit like the Kardashians, Paris Hilton, Jersey Shore and other fake reality shows starting popping off.

People realized they didn't need to be smart to be successful so why bother.

Not to mention social media being such a massive fucking echo chamber that nobody thinks for themselves or does any real questioning of the world around them.

You ever get that thousand mile stare from some dipshit if you ask them a question about something remotely out of the realm of pop culture? That.

Because the GA loves them
>easily digestible plots
>lots of action and special effects
>accessible and juvenile humor that appeals to the average person

the masses don't really care about the movies they're watching. They just want a decent time with their friends and family. Most people who watch capeshit and F&F probably know they're dumb flicks, but they're decent to pass time

pop culture worship
pop culture is at every stone in our society. you can't even blink without seeing a batman or finding dory ad everywhere. because those ads are everywhere. people think they HAVE to see them.

Yeah movies suck now. Go watch tv shows, there are many well written running now

That's also my assumption, just wanted to see what you guys think.

I love movies, like some more entertaining ones from time to time, but present tentpole productions seem more like soulless commercials calculated by Hollywood bookies.

Look, I get you are butthurt, but grown people have little to no time to go to theatres so serious/mature themes transfered to TV(or ,what the fuck is equivalent to TV these days),young people still manage to go to theatre here and there so they make movies for them and for boy/girl first date-meme.

>Implying that film as a medium ever was anything besides adults playing a high-dollar game of pretend

I do.

You made me see Young Pope.

No ragrets.

The Jews are infantilizing adult men so they don't procreate.

Actually not so outlandish idea

"My made up stories are superior to your made up stories, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE": The Thread

so we can't even criticize film now? do we just have to blindly accept everythin that is thrown at us?

>What the fuck is going on in mainstream imageboards?

>Adult people rave about children’s Chinese cartoons, analyze and idolize them.

>Sup Forums is dominated by comic book adaptations. Reminder – comic
books were mainly kids’ entertainment.

>Is it what’s left from our society? Hordes of simple minded drones
craving for easy to digest flashy stories and (pepe) memes?

>Big, mainstream tentpole movies from 80s or 90s while still far from
high culture were far more interesting for intelligent human being,
they were entertaining for thinking person while carrying at least
some depth or thematic value.
Popular movies from the 80s and 90s are no better or worse than popular movies today.

What's there to criticize, everything is in high/mid/low shit tier.

Nothing has really changed, those dumb blockbuster action movies in the 80s and 90s are just as dumb as the ones today. These mainstream blockbusters have never about creating high art, it's all about making money. Hollywood is a business after all, they'll keep churning out more since people like them

Well, I disagree , RoboCop,alien,conan1etc(80 mainstream ) can't happen today

Holy shit this is so true

This is why I said it's best to just carve out a niche for yourself, OP.

Just surround yourself with the shit you like and ignore 99% of the trash out there that's created to please the lowest common denominator of society.

>LEWRONGGENERQTION AMIRITE

/thread

Western men have been feminised through estrogen poisoning and Marxist propaganda.

>what makes people eat their shit so eagerly
they have been conditioned to.

wtf does this even mean

OK,how do you explain such close proximity to ww1&ww2 and nothing after, shit is little more complicated than that.
Wars don't create good times or strong people as this pic implies, really stronk people don't fight in wars, they are survivors,
and they become like that by not getting dead and know where to not push their nose.

Posting on Sup Forums is worse than all of these things.

Good tier
Medium tier
Bad tier
Shit tier {high
{medium

real life historical heroes and myths have been replaced by cartoony comic book cookie cutter "le evil guy vs the good goys" characters

I mean really, did you think that applying modern shit like "problematic racism and institutionalized misogyny" to old historical figures and bashing them for it wasn't going to have any effects?

Today they just knocked down Robert E. Lee's statue in New Orleans who actually generally opposed slavery.

Books were kids entertainment?
Kids couldn't even read for like 90% of human history. Are you retarded?