Just watched this for the probably 28th time. Is it just me, or is this shit depressing as fuck...

Just watched this for the probably 28th time. Is it just me, or is this shit depressing as fuck? Not the plot necessarily, but the idea. Idk lads.. discuss.

how did they manage to film in a completely empty london

they did it during call to prayer

Reminder that he did literally nothing wrong.

Was thinking the same thing

Sunday mornings at 5am

It was recorded at like 4-5AM in the morning and the roads were closed off

Women are not things.

Saving the human race>your feelings

>overrated garbage

Why do people like this movie again?

But why execute survivors who are not women? Why not just dump them back into the countryside and give them a chance to survive, but shoot them if they try to return? Its not like they pose any danger

that wasnt the intention

the intention was 24/7 gangrape

I suppose we are human with actual feelings and people who love us? Idk. Just a shot in the dark.

Not really getting it, are you? If, as a so-called "man" you feel some kind of incessant need to rape a woman because you lack both the self-discipline and integrity to just jerk off while you devise strategies to kill the infected, then I have some truly bad news for you.

You are not a man and never will be.

random fag kills a bunch of trained soldiers who are all assholes of course because soldiers are terrible right

i remember that, hype for this movie was massive, shame the sequel was shite

They probably refused to go along with it and might have sabotaged it in some way
Not using any means necessary to keep the men you command under control because as far as you know you're all that's left

The whole part with the military post in the middle of nowhere was retarded as fuck. Ruined the whole movie for me.

If you want to see a proper grim post apocalyptic movie watch The Road.

Noted.

upboat

It's social commentary to do with the iraq war. You know, the war that shouldnt have happened

Nigga the sequel was great

>random smart zombie that survives firebombing entire city by standing under an awning
>random carrier subplot that was entirely absent in the first movie
>heterochromia = immunity to symptom retardedness
>focus on action more than atmosphere

Yeah nah

It was okay.

>focus on action more than atmosphere

>he thinks this is true when an entire sequence in the dark takes up a chunk of the third act

You didn't really watch the movie and they're just parroting popular opinions to shit on it.

why didnt he use his sonic screwdriver on the zombies xD

user's right though, the movie was crap compared to the first.

This is seemingly how military "men" justify themselves. De-evolution. Regression to their primal, caveman instincts instead of using their brains and working together as a team. Whew.

Sure is limp-dicked British military in here.

They rewrote the whole 3rd act very late on, the original idea was probably even worse. They couldn't really think of a satisfactory way to the end the film

You're right, things aren't prone to ruining everything good in this world

First half right up until Dad gets blood in his eyes are pure kino
the rest was shit though, still the montage with Jim wrecking shit with the soundtrack in the background was worth it

I liked the ending.
I don't get why people shit on it.

It's a lot better than the bullshit original planned ending where Jim switches his blood with Gleeson via transfusion to save him.

>Jim switches his blood with Gleeson via transfusion to save him.
Fuck that would be a change on zombie movies. Instead we got a predictable cliche ending.

Watched it again last night. Anthony Dod Mantle is one of my favourite DoP's, the choice to go with mini DV instead of 35mm was a pretty bold choice that payed off well

I think user meant that the feel of the movie wasn't quite the same. The first seemed bleak and desolate. The sequel I wasn't so worried about the characters as much.

The opening was great, but the rest was shit.

The sequel was Americanised military hoo-ra shite.

Pretty funny. Guarantee the other replies are buttblasted snaggletooths

>raping women
>wasting your self sustaining protein
Nigger I would be eating jizz day 2 of not having food. Pussy is nothing compared to hunger. Jizz on every meal every time. Y'all have fun with your rape power fantasy

I wonder how the movie would've been received if they all died in the end

Youre right, things have value.

is a movie were everyone you love dies and then comes back to try and eat you suppose to be happy flick?

>what is Shaun of the dead

was the car alarm jumpscare done right?

The test audiences didn't like the bleak alternative endings. Danny Boyle said that it wasn't fair for them to have to sit through all of that depressing shit just to watch the characters/Jim die

is the sequel good?

Good enough for a watch. Don't let yourself become so jaded and bitter over movies as half the people here. It's entertaining with some over the top scenes.

I actually kinda liked the sequel and want to see part 3 in France.

>Even though I just watch the Somalian riots in place of part 3

>everyone wants 28 months or years later sequel
>I just want a 28 minutes later prequel showing the initial breakdown and mass chaos in London

Specialization is a luxury of stability, in a FUBAR situation evolution selects the lowest common denominator i.e. ability to commit violence.

This is why women are attracted to serial killers, their own rapists and the muslim hordes.

Why did they use a camcorder for parts?

Only the first 10 minutes

kek

In terms of atmosphere and pacing it's nothing like the first. Its barely even a sequel. Worth the watch nonetheless.

HURR DURR WHY DEY USE A CAMERA TO MAKE A MOOBIE??

>they did it during call to prayer

Lol oh my word