Was this team overrated?

-They only won the Cl because Barca/Madrid/Bayern/Milan were all bad that season

-They were barely the best team in England that season as well; Avram Grant's Chelsea took the league title to the final day of the season against them and would have won the Cl final if not for John Terry slipping

-A Barca side that finished 3rd, 10 points behind Villareal made them look like West Brom in the semi finals

-They only finished the league season four points ahead of an Arsenal team whose best player by far wasn't good enough to start for Spain or Barcelona

Discuss

yes, current City would smack them

>arselel fan detected
stay mad

>made final 3 out of 4 years
Thats good no matter which way you slice it

While I do think Fergie's a bit of a myth, you can't write off CL victories. You have to get through several rounds of knock-outs against top teams.

Please tell me ManU record since Fergie left...

Thats all you need to check. Maybe they wont be remembered as a team of exquisite football, but they were a pretty good team.

They schooled Barca that year

t: Jared the Man City /lifelong/ from Ohio who just started watching football.

You're an idiot. That team won the PL three seasons in a row and are still the last team to defend it (during the premier league's peak). They reached two consecutive CL finals. In 2008 they set the record for the most consecutive cleansheets in football history. All your points are dumb.

Bayern were a mediocre team at that time and for a long while until they got to the CL final in 2010

>la luz extunguido

that team was fucking stacked and they had one of the best managers in world football

they went to 3 out of 4 CLs in 4 years

>tf
>tp

They won because of van der Sar

Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic are the most overrated centre half pairing in the history of football

Yeah and got pumped by Pep GODiola and the GOAT twice. Barca is the superior team of that era.

Vidic was literally only good at heading

Manure: CL finals in 2008, 2009, 2011
Barcelona: CL finals in 2009, 2011
>Barca is the superior team of that era.

Record for the most consecutive cleansheets in football history. Cry more lad.

Barcelona handily defeated Manure in those finals both times, and they wouldn't have won any if Terry didn't slip

>Most overrated CB's in history playing in front of the most underrated keeper in history

>Fraudiola

More like Messi

dumbest post I've ever read

first day here huh?

Still hurts; though admittedly Campbell’s goal was from a free kick that really shouldn’t have been given.

>flag
Trash

They were better than Van Gaal's Bayern (finalists) in 2010 too.

POST SLIPPY T

If you want an overated team check out 3 our of 4 CL Real Madrid who fought against the almighty Shalke, Roma, Wremen and Atletico,

overrated against what? You've set no bar other than saying they were champions of england and champions of europe

Mindboggling that he spent several years in mediocrity at Fulham before United. I remembered whenever i see Fulham lineup and thinking what is van der sar doing there.

This was painful even for Barça fans so we bought him and he won it in 2009

Here's your (You)

wow be more dumb

Idiot. Last season Ronaldo was United's GOAT team

>They only won because they were better than everyone else

Amerimutts should be banned from making anything other than food threads

if anything they are underrated. their defensive capabilities were impeccable