Gold (2016)

Holy fuck what a great movie.

KINO

bummp

Did anyone else even watch it?

Rotten Tomatoes says it's shit, so no.

I hope to see it sometime soon.

It was alright. Not what I was looking for though.

Will Bryce Dallas Howard make my dick hard in this movie?

Just want to confirm before I commit to watching this.

I would also like to know this. I doubt there's a sex scene or any nudity involving her but she wears clothing that's too tight for her. See said in an interview that wearing tight clothing was a significant part of her character's look.

hnng

Odd make up job in this movie. Makes her face look weird.

She's supposed to be kind-hearted and naive but trashy

You tried to sell us on this movie a few hours ago user. It was nothing special.

THAT FUCKING ASS

Puts Kim K to shame.

I did. I wanted to see it because I like McConnaughey and BDH, and it seemed like it would be a fun and interesting movie. It was, more or less.

Was hard to find a showtime, though. It seems in recent years, all of my local cinemas have started to fuck over any movie that isn't a remake/reboot/franchise/capeshit/starwars/nostalgia cash-in. Any new, original movie only has decent showtimes for the first week or two. Most are completely gone from theaters in a month. I can't tell you how many movies I wanted to see, but then just couldn't find anymore because I waited a few weeks.

She's pretty cute, if you're into naive yet trashy '80s bimbos. I thought she looked better in Pete's Dragon. She was at maximum THICC.

Jurassic Park or Black Mirror is best BDH imo. Haven't seen Pete's Dragon but I had a look at some photos and didn't look too great.

She did look good in Pete's Dragon. Shame the movie was so bland and forgettable.

>Haven't seen Pete's Dragon but I had a look at some photos and didn't look too great.
It was pretty mediocre. I'd say it's a good movie for kids, but it really isn't. Not nearly enough fart jokes or CGI zoo animals to keep their attention.

I don't know if I would say kino

It really did not have any glaring flaws but maybe the subject matter is overdone?

What do you guys thinnnnnk about Manderlay?

Wasn't talking about the quality of the movie, more about how THICC Bryce Dallas Howard is in it.

>t. dimwitted weak minded weak willed cuckold

I thought it lacked soul. There were parts in the movie like how Pete is orphaned in the woods when their car crashes and his parents are killed that should be real tear jerkers but I just didn't feel anything from it. My favorite dragon movie remains Dragonheart, a movie that unironically has a lot of heart.

Until it was mentioned I forgot that I watched it. I don't remember a single thing about it.

Not worth it desu. I'm as much in love with BDH as anyone here that claims her as their waifu but it simply isn't a sexy scene at all. Comes across as more of a rape scene to me and through most of it she looks like a frightened little boy.

Oh. Pictures must not do her justice, then. She was lookin' downright chubby in some scenes. I feel like they made a conscious effort to hide it, she wore a lot of baggy/layered clothes.

Also, Robert Redford was in this movie. I feel like they would have advertised that more than they did, even if he's only ultimately a bit part.

I watched it less than a month ago and can't remember any lines that stood out. The director really fucked that one up. How do you get Robert Redford in a movie and make him boring? And actors like BDH and Karl Urban have proven that they can be more than competent actors under a good director.

They probably didn't give much of a shit about the movie. It was really just a cash in alongside their other animated to live action adaptations. Pete's Dragon was never hugely popular, so there's no way it would be able to match the numbers of stuff like Beauty and the Beast and Jungle Book. They just half-assed it and tossed it out there. The budget was only 65 mil compared to Beauty's 160.

movie was shit

I was falling asleep in the first ten minutes, and after the first twenty, I was looking for a refund or another theatre to watch something worthwhile.

Pacing was awful, things happen. People say things. Poor editing made the entire monotony into a blase experience. I think there are tutorial videos for java script that are more engaging than this POS.

Characterization was awful. If this is a drama, why don't I care about the principal characters?

Cinematography: Gee whiz, how do you even bring a camera to South East Asia and the American Southwest and take such flat and uninteresting pictures? Was this your cinematographers first work? Did your camera man have dyslexia?

Or loosely put;
What is the point of this fucking movie?
Shinning light on the under-appreciated hard-workers in gem and mineral mining business?
Give me a fucking break.

2/10

My man

kys

True, and what's sad is that Pete's Dragon was one of those classic examples of an interesting concept that deserved another shot. I mentioned Dragonheart in this thread earlier. I felt like Pete's Dragon was taking bits of inspiration from that movie, but with none of the heart and soul.

You know, I haven't seen Dragonheart in probably close to 20 years. I loved it as a kid because it had a dragon voiced by James Bond. But is it a legit good movie? Maybe I'll give it another watch this weekend, for old time's take.

This is just my take on it, but Dragonheart holds up so well. It's loaded with heart and soul. Sean Connery is a fantastic voice actor considering he had never done it before and I love the characters. I've watched it at least once a year for the past 3 or 4 years and every time I re watch it it's still good, and I'm cautious of nostalgic movies. I really am. But who the hell knows, you might think it's a cringefest. Give it a shot.