Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM
twitter.com/frankcottrell_b/status/856039832296075264
eruditorumpress.com/blog/guest-post-david-bowie-and-doctor-who/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder Nardole is a Cyberman

reminder nu thread is like nu who

S H I T

Nardole is a Voord, in the first stage of their transformation into Cybermen.

t. Grant Morrison

The multiple Cloister thing is getting old and annoying. It's an eye sore. There is only one Cloister and that is Cloister Wraith our old man. The rest of you pick another name, because it's not funny, it's not smart it's just an eye sore.

Can someone remind me of his backstory again

You realise these indignant, rambling replies only encourage them?

Grant Morrison's worst idea ever.

That's not "daring to oppose Alan".

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=nqpzv6v5KBM

Some carry-over posts:

Is the "Clara and the TARDIS" minisode fucked up? Is a TARDIS in the Vault? Is there a press announcement in 3 hours GMT (3pm)? Is David Bowie relevant to S10 beyond being quotes in Smile?

What website was used for the massive /who/ rates Who poll?

David Bowie has nothing to do with Doctor Who S10. There was more than just Doctor Who at the showcase you know...

I'm pretty sure it was a google survey.

thanks user

PCaps has said in multiple different interviews that he's a big fan of david bowie

>The Doctor quotes "Ashes to Ashes".
>"Ashes to Ashes" is the sequel to the show "Life on Mars", but without John Simm.
>John Simm went to Doctor Who instead.
>"Ashes to Ashes" is also the sequel to the song "Major Tom".
>I shouldn't have to explain how that relates to episodes 6-8.

is joke

I wonder who added the Ashes to Ashes quote? Capaldi talks about Bowie all the time (eg, he recently said Time was the one song he'd like to play while flying in the TARDIS, despite the fact that it contains the words "whore", "quaaludes", and "wanking"). On the other hand, Cottrell-Boyce seems to be a huge fan too, and was going to write a Bowie-themed musical for Danny Boyle until Bowie turned down their request for the rights.

Nardole's?

"Nardole was a companion of the Twelfth Doctor and former employee of River Song.
While working for Dr Song on Mendorax Dellora, he was beheaded by the body of King Hydroflax, who used him to obtain information on her whereabouts. (TV: The Husbands of River Song)

Following twenty-four years on Darillium, River went to her death in the Library and the Doctor reassembled Nardole out of fear of being alone. (TV: The Return of Doctor Mysterio)"

Capaldi seems pretty hands-on with his characterisation but I imagine the writers play into his fandom too by adding Bowie references in sometimes

>>"Ashes to Ashes" is also the sequel to the song "Major Tom".
Curator return confirmed.

Fuck that gif wasn't supposed to be reversed

Greetings, greetings, greetings! Well, I seem to be stuck in the sodding Time Vortex, AGAIN! So I can’t assist you. This is one of the many regrets in my life. Goodbye, my dears!

Has anyone pointed out the david bowie references besides whovians?
how the fuck did that show turn out to be alright?

Nardole is Bill

>how the fuck did that show turn out to be alright?

Cause based Rove.

Also the cast is generally decent apart from Bajo.

>tfw Bowie will never guest-star as a future incarnation
There's got to be some Bowie character we can meme into being the Doctor through Brain of Morbius-type bullshittery. The Man Who Fell to Earth maybe?

>Reminder Bowie was meant to play Sharaz Jek, but a scheduling conflict with a tour fucked it up

The back half of this season is going to be crowded. Missy, Simmaster, pre-Delgado Master, First Doctor, Early Thirteenth Doctor, Curator, Watcher (Nardole), Susan, Second Susan (Bill), Valeyard…

There's really no room for any more characters, so presumably all the Mondasians who become the first Cybermen are actually not just like humans, they're the Doctor and his Time Lord family and friends.

Here are all the spoilerS for thin ice.

3.Thin Ice: Rich sadistic and racist British Lord has a gigantic pet Eel that lives beneath the thames. Giant Angler Fish follow the Giant Eel and the Lord feeds the poor to his pets. He calls Bill a worthless negro and the Doctor punches him in response. His own Eel eats him. Big Eel is released back into the deep ocean by the Doctor. The end.

Why did they choose such an offensively ugly companion lads?

>yfw after Chibnall kills the show and they bring it back 10 years later, we've skipped ahead by an unknown number of Doctors
>literally anyone could be a past incarnation of the Doctor, there are jokes about this
>guest stars keep turning up as doctors from the gap

Alopecia representation

kek, here's an actual list of bowie references, intentional or otherwise in twelve's era
>Original outfit based on the Thin White Duke
>Kill the Moon features correspondence with 'Ground Control'
>Twelve yells 'LET'S DANCE' in The Caretaker
>Namedrops All the Young Dudes in The Magician's Apprentice
>Has a novel called Diamond Dogs
>Twelve in The Zygon Invasion: "Protect [the country] from the Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)

>the doctor
>resorting to physical violence over words
I don't know how anybody can justify this, much less the doctor

Yep

He's never, EVER done that before

Ever

he already memories raped an entire new lifeform
he just doesn't care anymore

If Bowie was still alive he should have played the Corsair he was made to be the Time Lord the Doctor looks up to and admires. Capaldi is a Bowie Fanatic and wanted him to appear on the show. It would have been great as Bowie was a GOAT actor too :(.

TFW there is an parallel world where Bowie is alive and was on Doctor who.

It was Boyce, I asked him on twitter

ah thank you
wasn't sure if it was the same character or not

Plus the one we just saw in Smile

Plus (spoilers) regenerating into Tilda Swinton in a different Bowie outfit.

this is how i know you haven't seen pre-tennant who

or even tennant who really

He just smacked a ''sentient'' robot with a crowbar the other day.

Fake fan - sad!

I know you're probably (hopefully) joking, but I feel uncomfortable without pointing out that the song is not in fact called Major Tom

But it wasn't because the robot said something rude
Are you all ignoring the very conditional that was the point of my post? Physical violence over words is unjustifiable in any context

good bait

To be fair, it's hard to imagine a lot of other Doctors doing the same thing. I mean, if there was a cyanide-soaked rag around for Sixie, or a button to blow him up for Two, or a way to trick him into killing himself and all of his allies for Seven, would they even think of punching him?

Kek. The Doctor has snapped peoples necks buddy.

never watched any dr who pre nuwho

are the oldies worth watching or are they shit?!

yeah i posted here when the episode came out and asked boyce about it on twitter

i legitimately cannot tell if you are trolling or not, given those specific examples youre using :/

do you have a link to his tweet?

T. Cuck

Yes, but the whole point was to get someone to make the leap to "Curator confirmed", and "Space Oddity" wouldn't do that nearly as well as "Major Tom".

what's /who/'s favourite david bowie album? Station to Station is unrivaled for me

>rude
Minimising the psychological impact of white supremacist rhetoric, are we? Tut tut. Anyway, more to the point, the Doctor has done plenty of things that are disproportionate displays of force.

Yes, start with An Unearthly Child.

>I think you're dumb
>*punch them in the face*
You don't seriously fucking think that's an appropriate reaction do you?

>letting a word have a strong psychological impact merely because of some history that you had no part in

The Doctor is not a pacifist and never has been. He fights back every single time.
A pacifist vs a knife wielding lunatic will be killed.
A pacifist trying to talk sense into a lion will be killed.

Some are kino. I recommend Time and the Rani, The Happiness Patrol, Timelash, Timeflight, and Terror of the Vervoids.

Don't listen to this racist

Never Let Me Down

twitter.com/frankcottrell_b/status/856039832296075264
reactivated my years-old twitter account because i was curious

Seriously? Do you not understand the concept of irony or something?

but I thought he is a MAN WHO NEVA WOULD

The point is that it's in-character.

Apart from the obvious ones I really like 1. Outside

>Never Let Me Down
the only correct answer his updated remix of Time Will Crawl is unironically earkino though

Coney Island Baby

I've only heard ground control to major tom
it was okay I guess

If Dubs based Marcelo will come back soon and leak all the episodes in glorious black and white.

thoraxtime was a superior stream

>tfw i've never really listened to bowie besides what was played on the radio
>tfw about to listen to every album he's made

what am I in for lads?

I unironically hope for this.
>mfw one of the guest Doctors from the gap (eg, Tilda Swinton) regenerates into someone fucking absurd (eg, Prince Harry) as a joke cliffhanger ending

>Not Fun House

Imagine the havoc it would wreak on the numbering though!

Good music. How old are you?

Dubs confirm the rest of series 10 will be even shitter.

Dubs confirm series 10 will go down as one of the best.

the last two episodes were GOAT though

The soundtrack to Omikron and Hours. Really, it's the three Berlin albums, but those are too obvious, and then Outside and Earthling are also really too obvious, so…

Dubs confirm Empress of Mars will be the highlight of series 10.

Dubs confirm NuWho will go down and the Trips will die in their sleep

>TFW there is an parallel world where Bowie is alive and was on Doctor who.
There's a legitimately good piece on this specific idea by Chris O'Leary (author of bowiesongs.wordpress.com):

eruditorumpress.com/blog/guest-post-david-bowie-and-doctor-who/

Dubs confirm all of series 10 will be GOAT.

Dubs and I give the discord link

it's my fourteenth birthday today

dubs confirm the only bad episode will be the gatiss one

Dubs confirm McGann is in the vault.

Dubs and the monks three parter will be a modern classic

dubs confirm series 10 is the best of nuwho

Dubs confirm the Eaters of light will be the worst episode.

Ziggy Stardust but Blackstar is close.

o shit