So Mark Gattis just confirmed the League of Gentlemen will be back for an anniversary special

So Mark Gattis just confirmed the League of Gentlemen will be back for an anniversary special.

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39690169/the-league-of-gentlemen-will-make-tv-comeback-writer-says

Who else here is /local/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BnWd0iv8Dq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is a local thread for local posters.

>We didn't burn him!

Hello Dave.

pls no laugh track.

cant stand irish humor, whats this show about, it looks dum

There's nothing for you here.

ANY USED TISSUES YOU NEED DISPOSING OF?

Poofda eh? I met your kind in the forces...

The BBC will butcher it.

Hello hello, what's all this shitposting? We'll have no trouble here.

>....nnnnnewsagent...
>Egregious
>Policeman, carpet fitter, tinker, tailor, soldier, spy

Ross is great.

I CAN I CAN'T?

I hope there's no fucking laugh track this time

it's not a laugh track, though

Well we can't take the bus, there's nowhere to put the change.

u wot?

Well it's not a live audience, you dickhead

How's your nipples, Sup Forums?

>gatiss is gay
ruined the show for me honestly

What makes you say that?

You know I've got this gun

Pervert eh?

Sex...on the brain! Wet the bed I'll bet as a boy!
No sisters!

Sup Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=BnWd0iv8Dq4

I think these two are more cultured than your average Sup Forums poster desu

Certain interior scenes actually were filmed in front of a live audience. The rest of the show was played to the same audience and their laughter was recorded.

I never had a problem with the presence of the audience, honestly. The League of Gentlemen originated as a stage act and I think a lot of the sketches naturally suited that live, theatrical feel.

After the first series, this show declined rapidly. I have no desire to see it return, even though I'm a fan of the first series.

Inside No. 9 has been really good I think they have a good edge to their writing right now which could make for a good show.

Doesn't look like they will do a new series, just a special so we'll see.

Gatiss will butcher it

Psychoville and Inside No. 9 have been mostly good and occasionally kino. And Pemberton and Sheersmith's other small roles have been decent even in trash like Benidorm.

Meanwhile Gatiss has been writing shit Dr Who episodes and putting in meme performances in Game of Thrones and Taboo. Should stick to writing documentaries about Horror films and books

>meme performances
what does this even mean?

Plymouth?

hilary the butcher was by far the best sketch, loved that you never actually found out what the 'special stuff' was

I watched a few eps of this, got a few laughs. But soon tired of it.

He was great in Taboo m8 don't hate.

MAU MAU

A frog delivery for a Mr. Denton?

It was foreskins user, the butcher was called Hillary Briss

he was totally hamming it up, something almost straight out of black adder ffs

That part called for ham, and he delivered. The over the top makeup was a bit dodgy though.

It means nothing.
Plebs use it as a derogatory observation, in an effort to sound funny and right.

Question is whether the others can contain Gatiss at this point, possibly not.

Spike managed it with Peter Sellers in the Goons but Spike Milligan was a once a generation force of nature and Jeremy Dyson isn't that.

I do wonder if there is anything they can actually do.

>Papa Lazarou - just forget it, it never happened, burn the tapes.
>Barbara - hate speech.
>Pauline - misogyny, 'ban bossy'.

LoG came out at a strange time when political correctness was temporarily fairly relaxed, we were post-X and it was generally thought most people weren't racist or sexist so we didn't need to be so uptight. A lot of it is laughing at stuff that you'd see in 70s films but it takes a certain ironic view of things to understand that.

This was before the tumblr, SJWs and Twitter hate mobs.

We live in more Stalinist times today when nobody is innocent of ideological crimes even if they are (subconscious micro-aggressions have no defence). LoG is fairly macro-offensive at its best.

>TLDR; Millennials ruin everything as usual.

TL;DR: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>the retard laugh in the audience throughout series 1

Drove me mad

I've rewatched it recently on Netflix, I genuinely don't see what room they've got work in.

mmmm...be very...very...careful now

Don't forget the predatory homosexual/pedosexual German

Indeed. The list just goes on really.

Maybe it will just be an unironic one-hour performance from Legz Akimbo about the evils of manspreading.

This is one of my Dad's favourite comedy series. He wants me to watch it.
Is it actually good anons?

If you enjoy mean spirited black comedy with some absurdism.

Okey cokey pig in a pokey

herr Lip
i never saw the pun

>tfw nobody gets the chubby brown reference

I'm surprised the beeb gave the new episode approval. LoG, like Monkey Dust, seemed like something the beeb would sweep under the carpet and pretend never existed lest they trigger their guardian reading executives.

He was the mayor. I was always really surprised that the bbc was fine with Roy "gas the pakis, race war now" Chubby Brown appearing.

Excuse me, does anybody have a bottle of orange juice?

Would you like a can a cunt?

>tfw somebody tries to lead a game of Go Johnny Go Go Go Go with a 5 and doesn't even know how to name their pairs.

What was the darkest joke they did?

He's not the man he was.

"I myself am not fond of the darkness – I sleep with the lights on now. It’s in the darkness I see the boy’s face. Eyes protruding, tongue out... black."

You wont catch me with my trousers down

The woman who'd had a miscarriage selling the baby clothes and things she had bought to the charity shop.

Hope it's better than his latest Shitlock crap

WANT TO BUY SOME CLOTHES PEGS, DAVE?

Some of the lethal vet jokes are pretty dark

Favourite character, go.

TWELFTY

>Alright cleverdick...that's enough.
>....An astronaut!
>PISS OFF!

Not dark, but the Creme Brulee guy was pretty depressing and funny at the same time.

Here's hoping its not complete shit like most cash ins are. Will still watch it desu

Royston Vasey, the name of the town in LoG, is Chubby Brown's real name.

Mickey

Geoff

>Oh no! There's an BAME actor in a minor role :(