I have never owned a television until a week ago because my mother is a Jehowah's Witness

I have never owned a television until a week ago because my mother is a Jehowah's Witness
last Monday I finally moved out
can I get a quick and generalist rundown about cinema and television?

Rick and morty
bill nye

what the fuck was Portugal's problem?

>can I get a quick and generalist rundown about cinema and television?
most of it is crap, you honestly weren't missing much, buy a xbox

>can I get a quick and generalist rundown

but you owned a computer, how else would you be up to date on the hot new memes?

The Eternal Moor

not sure, but Portugal was once a great seafaring nation so maybe they picked it up from someplace they visited and spread it around by accident

Most television is shit. Most film is shit.

If your favorite directors aren't foreign and dead, you're shit.

The Unbelievers

the plague was spread by rats, Portugal had a ton of bilge rats, they'd breed at sea, pick up whatever, and spread inland from the ships when they docked.

The fuck is this bullshit!? The bubonic plague started when some Genovese cunts brought rats from the Crimea to Genoa, because the Mongols that were sieging them threw there plagued infested corpses to their walls! It had nothibg to do with Portugal, where it only started in 1348, and ended soon after

Sturgeon's law. 95% of everything is shit.

Go download the twilight zone, watch that, and basically forget about everything else.

>Welcome to Poland! If you're sick or muslim turn the fuck around right now.

For general pop culture stuff here's a few (not saying anything about quality)

>Star Wars IV, V, VI
>Jurassic Park
>Jaws
>The Lord of the Rings
>The Godfather
>Batman (1989)
>Shawshank Redemption
>Iron Man
>Predator
>Aliens
>Pulp Fiction
>The Good The Bad and the Ugly
>The Matrix
>It's A Wonderful Life
>The Life Of Brian
>Raiders Of The Lost Ark
>The Terminator
>Gladiator
>Apocalypse Now
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>Die Hard
>The Great Escape
>Blade Runner
>A Beautiful Mind
>The Elephant Man

>poland
What happened there?

Kurwa magic

God's divine protection

it's the electric jehovan witness

this map is bullshit
seafaring began in the XV century

>Nonetheless, it is true that Poland did survive the Black Death relatively unscathed. In addition to Poland's relativelysparse population, a key factor is that KingCasimir the Greatwiselyquarantined the Polish borders. By holding the plague off at the borders, the disease's impact on Poland was softened.
They just refused to take in the refugees as always.

Pretentious faggot, just put 15th century. And explain what you mean by the map being bullshit.

you don't poison your own wells

>Plaguetugal

This. The chart is almost entirely wrong and based on outdated theories.

Op, this guy is actually giving you a solid list. Watch those

not OP but that map is Jehowah's witnesses stuff, they teach that the plague started in Portugal

>>the plague was spread by rats,

Urban myth.

Name one other instance of rats spreading a disease on epidemic levels that also killed them (because the plague also killed rats).

And look where that's gotten them

What was it about Poland, that resulted in the plague affecting it only minimally?

Poles aren't human, therefore the plague did not affect them, they only carried it.

>Biggest jewish ghettos at the time were in polackistan
>This was basically ground zero/prime breeding region for the virus

Really takes your noggin for a joggin

It was most likely a type of lice that spread it. The "rats" story is an urban myth.

They had beaten the rest of Europe to re-discovering the lost art of bathing by the 12th century. Also they didn't sleep with farm animals in their beds.

Why do they hate Portugal?

I'm doing a paper on this. Can someone upload an old one for me? I'll change it enough.

>the plague originated from germs
huh
really makes you think

>I have never owned a television until a week ago
>because my mother is a Jehowah's Witness

These two statements don't add up. I was raised as a JW as well, and every JW I knew watched television. Your mother just sounds like she was fucked up.

Wasn't the first bubonic contanct in Crimea wich at that time was a Genova Colony?

>every JW I knew watched television

I've met quite a few JW and none of them owned televisions. I don't know what sect you belonged to but it wasn't JW.

It's the other way around - western europe stopped bathing after the plague as they believed it weakened the body.
Polish diplomats in the upcoming centuries often commented on how much French stink.

That's weird. I live in the USA, and never heard of that. Everyone I grew up with watched tv, went to the movies, played vidya. Some parents are pretty strict though.

Closed borders and hygiene(a thing unknown in West Europe at that time)