I do not get the hype of this city, pol. Seems like a total trash dump...

I do not get the hype of this city, pol. Seems like a total trash dump. A guy I know just recently moved there to work for Yelp. And not engineering or anything but SALES. The fact that Yelp even has a sales department makes me laugh. But he's on social media acting like it's the greatest thing ever, but he's pretty much a glorified telemarketer. Didn't a girl just make a blog post about being a wage slave there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t65dfO8vZTA
zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_1/
youtu.be/Yq6s8G5hwzE?t=18s
veoh.com/watch/v7908985285nW4jRx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its probably his whole life right now, like massive free overtime, so he's just deluded himself, till he gets laid off or fired

bump

I worked there for a week at my law firm. Three days in some faggots with megaphones were protesting outside my hotel for no apparent reason.

Everywhere reeks of weed. Place really is a shithole, and I'm from Chicago.

It's not bad, HOWEVER, San Francisco IS the epitome of Democrat NIMBY faux equality.

They don't want to build new housing, just like all other NIMBY Democrat strongholds.

A party of hypocrites, keep the kangs down with welfare cheques and zero opportunity.

San Francisco is Anti-Sodom, it got destroyed by fire and brimstone THEN turned super gay

> California built border checkpoints during the depression to keep job migrants from other states out
> State ended up full of job migrants anyways
> Courts told California it couldn't have checkpoint on state boundries so they renamed them "Agriculture Inspection Sites" and try to keep fruits and nuts out
> State ended up full of fruits and nuts anyways

What are the quality of the existing houses?

Varies from piece of shit average house with 70s interior and a lease holder who's grandfathered into it or subsided by the government, and extremely posh postmodern design costing upwards of 10k a month

Single family & detached

Why can't they build vertical housing in California?

it used to be a city full of culture and shit but now the fuckin nerds are taking over. kicking out the trash and gentrifying the shit out of it but at the cost of the colorful history. i'd say anywhere in cali is a shithole

It's a really dirty city. Better than Oakland though!

>A guy I know just recently moved there to work for Yelp. And not engineering or anything but SALES. The fact that Yelp even has a sales department makes me laugh.

This guy has a nice opinion about Yelp salespeople.
He actually made 3 videos about his experience, this is the first one (which is already 25 minutes long so I won't link the rest).
youtube.com/watch?v=t65dfO8vZTA

Guy gets a good job and your jealous

>fuck off loser and get a job.

law student here, can you help me out with a summer job?

kinda excited to see what happens when the tech bubble bursts again. or seeing the tech dudes and homeless deal with an earthquake

I live in the bay. I love the city as a city but the politics are shitty, but so is the rest of the bay. In my experience it hasn't been as bad as Portland or Seattle in terms of chucks and hipsters waking around in public. Just stay away from the Castro. First time I went there there was a band of naked dudes Infront of a cafe twirling gay flags no joke.

zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_1/

San Francisco is a beautiful city full of hideous people, especially the faggots and niggers.

I used to live nearby in Vallejo and Napa for some years, the whole Bay Area has interesting places but it is full of leaches, thugs, illegals, hipsters, and limousine liberals.

Once people learn of something good the parasites rush in to make it their own.

I already have a kush job bitch, and I live somewhere where COL isn't insane so my money goes further. I just can't fathom how someone would think they are hot shit for moving across the country to SF and not have a job in tech. Like how do you survive.

>First time I went there
so...you went back?

Niggers can't afford to live in San Francisco

You mean the bridge and tunnelers?

sometimes you just gotta suck a dick

I didnt know san fran had any hype.

Sorry, I was referring to the Bay in general.

Moved to SF for a month to work an engineering contract. I live in Brooklyn normally.

As much as people say "wow Jew York fucking gay central fucking democrats and Jews waaahhh" San Francisco has objectively the most annoying people I have ever met.

At least in NYC I can see a variety of cultures actually working. Here in SF there are either mad right white cuck faggots or shitty homeless retards.

NYC is again objectively the best city I have ever lived in, and SF really does suck worse even than when I lived in Detroit.

I used to live in Marin county. Super liberal area, but very wealthy, good schools, and safe. Except for that one time there was a murder like 2 blocks away from my school.

It's aesthetically beautiful

The people are shit though

I had a pretty good time there for work twice. 21st ammendment brewery is nice. Harbor is cool. Show Dogs is a great place to eat.

If you want to get stabbed go to The Tenderloin. I live in the D.C Metro area, lived in Baltimore, been to Detroit amongst other cities and never have I been as worried as I was walking through the bad part of SF. Never have I witnessed so many junkies and schizophrenic nigs piled up in one place. Nigs are one thing. Schizophrenic Nigs on Flaka walking around screaming and shadow boxing in the streets at imaginary people is another. Literally 75% of them seemed mentally ill.

Pic related: Showdogs. Hell or High Watermelon and a Boar sausage.

Marin City is a low rent crime ridden shit hole, the rest of the county is noice though

I live in the bay and it's really really shit. There's basically two worlds, it's either smug as FUCK liberal shits who live in the rich as hell parts in the oakland hills or on the peninsula, who live in gated communities and basically never see anyone. Then there's COMPLETE shitholes where it's all vietnamese, mexicans, or blacks who are all living purely on the government dime and basically their entire career is robbing each other and everyone else.

This is why the bay is so liberal. The poorfags vote for free gibsmes, and the rich as hell fuckers vote for virtue signalling to each other and because their money is all from investment income that doesn't get taxed anyways, and because they never even see or live next to the illegal hordes. They need to expand BART over into Mountain View and Palo Alto so those fucks can get a taste of the niggers flooding their area.

Btw. Fishermans Wharf has some pretty good street performances and some entertaining weirdos. Saw a guy in an Elmo suit yelling about Israel. Plenty of degenerate white hipsters begging for change.

I live here, too. Don't worry, it'll wear off in a few months.

Sales is fucking amazing if you are good at it. you don't really do anything and you make fat commission money.

>arugula
>on a hot dog

But how do you sale Yelp ads? Seems expensive and pointless desu. Especially if you are targeting someone in a rural area.

>Seems like a total trash dump.

It is.

>They don't want to build new housing
This is the reason why rent is so high in San Francisco. You can't have a world class city with housing from 40 years ago that refuses to change.

Most districts in SF are limited by a 3 story building ordinance. Housing is so limited when so many people want to move to SF for jobs.

And red wine poached cherries. U mad?

Did you ever walk by the old UN plaza? Nothing but junkies jabbering to themselves and out loud. The paddywagon was driving around the area to keep them in line, it was pretty fucking weird.

Because everyone who lives there is legitimately insane. If you're too much of a socially inept prude to enjoy pockets of "degeneracy" here and there then you should kill yourself.

They had a police substation set up literally inside the Carl's Jr that was at Civic Center. That place was quite the den of villainy.

also funny about SF politics is that it literally embodies the shittiness of liberal policies. Here's an example - they passed a law saying you can't kick disabled people out of apartments even if they don't pay rent. Disabled people championed the shit out of this. Now disabled people are crying because they can't find housing because no landlords will rent to them.

No shit you fucking retards. Exactly what anyone with half a brain could see was going to happen and what everyone SAID was going to happen, and liberal dipshits vote for for the feelgood law and expect landlords not to act in their own best interest.

Yelp had a huge turnover of salespeople. Every two months I get a new set of calls to my business from "my new contact at yelp." I just ignore the calls.

SF is a total fucking shithole. I drove through downtown a few weeks ago and had to be reminded how utterly disgusting it is.

The tenderloin is just about the worst place I've ever been to. The sad part is the buildings there are halfway decent. If someone cleansed the area of the filth that dwells there it *might* be ok.

The farmers market at the ferry building is the only thing good downtown. North Beach and the marina are sort of ok too, however I haven't been there in 5 years.

NYC is the best big city I've been to. I'd love to move there.

Its a hellhole because its full of people like this.

Have a good look at them Sup Forums. This is your average San Francisco resident.

idk. All I know is I wandered past Market St and shit went fucking south quick.

FYI for other travellers: China Town is super overrated.

>FYI for other travellers: China Town is super overrated.

Fucking truth, go into one store and you have been in all of them.

The Japanese section with the indoor mall is pretty neat though, even if you're not a weeb.

No. Good grades and a good school is how you get a job. Anything else literally requires your dad to have his own firm.

If you want general advice I'll give it, but things are based on merit more than most industries.

And rent control. Half the city is rent controlled. The other half skyrockets because of demand.

Craigslist rental prices in SF, first page

TOPKEK

Cause skyline and land lords don't want reality to fuck their ass.

I drive lyft in that city. Grew up there. Geek fuck fagtown imho! Yet, niggers are being displcaced. Your friend sounds like a typical sf douche. Ill kill him for you... If you want?

how does anyone afford this shit? Seriously there aren't that many rich people in the world.

Every company ever has some kind of sales involved. Maybe not a dedicated sales department, but there is always some kind of sales work involved. Do you think that these big tech corporations just have a bunch of engineering nerds making a product and that it magically sells itself afterward just because it's great? Or that a big bank just consists of a bunch of PhD math quants working financial wizardry and somehow the big accounts just appear out of nowhere?

No, there's always sales guys who brings in the clients and the money, whether it's some guy at Goldman Sachs who chats up billionaires on a yacht over a pile of blow, or a guy like your friend who spends his day on the phone hustling people.

The top-tier, non-managerial sales guys in a big tech firm definitely make more than the rank-and-file engineers, and probably more than the engineering project managers.

Not a Jap, grew up in Bay Area, lived, worked and went to college in SF for several years.

SF is a beautiful city in terms of scenery and character. The buildings and neighborhoods have a distinct feel to them, the whole peninsula is covered in rolling hills, the waterfronts all provide great vistas, the gentle slope down to the Pacific and the Sunset district are amazing in the afternoon. There is an active social scene full of bars, clubs, events, gigs, parades etc. For young liberals the culture of the city is second to none.

With that said the City is ridiculously expensive. The streets are dirty. Crime is a big issue in nig areas, which are larger than you hear about although generally isolated from the rest. Homeless are a major problem and can be found everywhere you go. The sheer amount of leftists gets old after a while.

When you first get to San Fran it feels exciting, there is an energy to the City you don't get many other places. That is what your frined is going through right now, the rush of a new environment and one where it feels like anything is possible. In a couple years it will grow stale and he will most likely burn out and move away. Just let him enjoy it while he can. It truly is a shame because SF could be so much better than it is and geographically it is one of the best areas of America, albeit a little bit chilly.

>That place was quite the den of villainy.
Pretty sure it still is. I heard it's the location for a black market for stolen goods among other things.

You are a nigger! Die. Literally die!

It's a poor man's Vancouver

No wait that's Seattle

John?

Get ready for a law saying you can't refuse disabled people.

what the fuck? does have depression or other mental illnesses count as disabled? this could get out of hand.

they already did that, but it's impossible to enforce. Landlords always have multiple people applying, they just take one of the other ones and say the other person was first.

>Castro

youtu.be/Yq6s8G5hwzE?t=18s

>Be me
>Leave MD for SF in December, NEGATIVE FUCKING NINE DEGREES with wind chill
>SF 70 degrees
>Leave MD again in July, 98 fucking degrees 80% humidity
>Arrive in SF, 70 degrees.

Northern California weather is awesome.

Those prices are unreal. So pretty much if you are a normie you gotta live like a house full of immigrants to make rent

I've lived in SF for two years now, it basically made me completely switch from the left to the right. The city gov is seriously retarded, the only reason SF isn't Detroit 2.0 is because of the tech money... ie my taxes, but they can't into economics. They let bums get away with anything, shitting allover and shooting heroin in plain view. They treat cops like garbage. Believe it or not the tech sector is pretty based in my experience. Most of the SJW culture is out of sight. Also Yelp is probably the worst company here.

Is the water good in SF?

How the fuck do you afford to live there?

kek. sucks to be a cripple, still, drives cripples to hate liberals

>Yet, niggers are being displcaced.
The nigger definitely know their place on the peninsula. There are three islands of section 8 niggertowns in san francisco and they actually stay there. Probably because they don't have cars. As far as the tenderloin goes they actually have an invisible line that if they cross the police will arrest them immediately. I forget which street. It like and invisible fence for your dog.

It will make you love men. You crave dumping your load in another man's hairy asshole. FYI

Because 98% of the shitty companies located there are startups funded by hundreds of millions of dollars of "venture capital", AKA free money printed by the Federal Reserve and handed directly to startups (from fake "venture capital firms" that are actually directly owned and controlled by the jewish Federal Reserve) in exchange for future ownership of the company and all tech the company develops, so that once the startup bears fruit it can be harvested and handed directly over to da jooz.

Once they've concentrated enough tech in Israel to feel secure blowing up the rest of the planet, they're going to do it and rule over the ashes.

>reminder that if your city doesn't experience all 4 seasons, it's not a city worth living in

I dont do lyft fulltime. Ive been here 44 years. I know people... In low places. Noobs gettin robbed!

it doesn't though, you don't understand the idiocy of liberals. They don't blame the liberals, they blame the evil landlords who are greedily hoarding money. So then they push the liberals to pass more laws to force anyone who looks at them to give them 1000 bucks or something

Bay area = Best weather in the entire world

Confirmed

Polk to the west. Sansome to the east. Howard to the south. California to the north.

Oddly enough I was expecting it to be one big gay pride parade when I first went there. Dont recall seeing any flamers after two trips. I think the faggotry is mostly reserved for the "castro district" if im not mistaken.

Fuck off plugging Vancouver faggot, it's a city with no character, exactly like the chinks its comprised of.

Ugly ass skyline too.

what the actual fuck those veins

you sound like a massive faggot

why do all the tech companies migrate to silicon valley?

never understood it

>cali highest corporate tax next to vermont
>ridiculous lease
>have to pay people way more since living costs are greater

makes literally no sense

oh but "le market is here, access to other techies"

cmon now

Yelp is a shitty garbage company. Fuck yelp.

Like any city with extreme politics it's fun for a while. There are interesting people, fantastic food and beautiful Vistas.

After around 3 years of living in filth and naked people and awful traffic and dodging violent drug addicts it's grinds you down.

talking from experience? What's it like to work there?

Those fucking cockroach niggers end up in jail eventually and lose their homes. Only a jew or another nigger would let them back in. Most move out to south oakland near stadium or to antioch or vallejo. All areas need a small nuke

It IS a trash dump. Every street is filthy and full of homeless. The one time I went there, I was in constant fear of catching AIDS. (And I didn't even get fucked by any homos.)

>those tranny arms and shoulders

>Believe it or not the tech sector is pretty based in my experience
I refuse to believe this.

It's about hiring. You need the cream of the crop, and there aren't all that many of those people around. They mostly live in the bay area and they shift around between the top tech companies as they get poached back and forth. It's like asking why movies are all made in Hollywood. The industry formed there, and therefore that's where all the talent interested in that industry moved.

You just cannot get the same quality of resumes for positions if you set your company up even outside the valley at all, over in Stockton or Lathrop, much less outside of the state.

>skyline is ugly

consider suicide m8

ur mad u cant afford to live here you fucking pleb

and if you actually did, you'd find there is character if u go to the right places

better than the filthy, homeless-ridden, poorly planned cities that make up most of America

Why would you care about paying a marginally higher tax rate or salary when you can build multi billion dollar companies with a few people?

Why are cities so left wing? It'd be pretty cool if at least some of them could be bastions of the right. I myself don't care too much in particular for any city, in fact I hate most cities because the people who live in it are trash.

If I had to live in any city, it'd be Hamburg, Germany. Wonderful city, I had a great time there.

Yea. The queers stay in the castro when flaring up. They will fag out in other areas if there is an event... Like hunky jesus on easter.

Let me tell you about these things called Jews

> veoh.com/watch/v7908985285nW4jRx

the only good thing to ever come from SF.

>or seeing the tech dudes and homeless deal with an earthquake

You can't even imagine how much this leaf wants the 9+ magnitude subduction zone earthquake (due very soon - not even on a geological scale but literally every 500 years so any time now) to liquify the soil of Vancouver so I can one day afford to move to a non-continental climate by the ocean and mountains.

>vancouver
>not homeless ridden

You only have to go like 3 blocks from downtown to hit skid row. I seriously feared for my life the one and only time I went there.

And I live in a majority black city.

>bastions of the right
This coincided with self-reliance i.e. The Woods.

SF RESIDENT ASK ME ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That reminds me. Coming from the east coast, seeing Oakland is wicked. The illegals on this side are nothing like out west. Driving around Oakland was like playing San Andreas or watching a cop movie from the early 90s.

Lowrider bikes with boom boxes on them, khaki shorts with tank tops, Flannels with only the two top buttons done, bandanas, neck and face tattoos, prostitutes on every corner. EVERYTHING was tagged or graffitied.

Shit was epic. Went to the dollar tree on the black side of town and it felt like Mayburry compared to Cholo Town LOL.