WTF critics!?

And even audiences didn't like it? This is a 8/10 movie at least. The pacing is great, the kills are unpredictable, it's like Eight Legged Freaks (also severely underrated) but with sharks. Why wouldn't you like it? It's more entertaining than Jaws.

Recommend other underrated monster movies please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkKb9OvXXvk
youtube.com/watch?v=agTqLdgtmrE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was shit

You have shit taste. Name a better super-powered shark movie.

Literally the only good shark movie other than jaws

>alligator 1 and 2
>carnosaur saga
>piranha

this movie was pure late 90s horror kino

wrong

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Fun fact, in the original screening the scientist bitch survives, test audiences didn't like that so they changed it so Jane and Cool J live while she gets eaten

Aside from a few thrills, Deep Blue Sea is unoriginal and unintelligent.

We are truly living in a crazy reality. Not only do critics have bad taste, but test audiences have good taste. It can hardly believe it.

Cliches are cliches because they work. Execution is everything, and Deep Blue Sea gets it right.

So pretty much like most praised blockbuster movies these days

It's pretty bad and the main girl brought the movie down at times.

>the main girl brought the movie down at times
She was the worst actor but she gets eaten so it's all good.

I thought the moment where the shark stops because it recognizes it's "mother", but ultimately ends up eating her due to it's own nature was pretty cool.
Dunno if it's been done before in cinema, can't recall.

Terrence Malick likes it. Confirmed kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=WkKb9OvXXvk

3:29

I remember when morphing effects were cool.

based test audience

I've had it with these motherfucking sharks on this motherfucking underwater research station!

>Those little holes in his vest with nipples poking through

Gay as fuck

Anaconda is entertaining too. But yeah Deep Blue Sea is fucking awesome. I saw it in the theater when it first came out.

At literally the end of the movie.
Deep Blue Sea was fucking garbage.

Lake Placid is alright.

sharks aren't scary

>even in the music video, the shark keeps changing size.

My sides.

Exactly, it's meta theater. Not only the main character dying a subversion of the most common horror cliche, she's even acts terribly to enhance the catharthis when she gets eaten.

Scary movies don't exist. It's always obviously fake, and it doesn't matter. Stop nit-picking and enjoy the movie.

t. flyover american

Cliches are cliches because they are easy and require no work from either the filmmaker or the audience

Remember when LL Cool J was a rapper? After Ice T and LL, I really hope they put Method Man on a police show.

False. Good effects aren't cheap. (Deep Blue Sea has the bad CG of its time, but those water shots couldn't have been easy.) And why should do the audience do any work? This isn't school, it's entertainment.

They ate me, a fucking shark ate me

DEEPEST

BLUEST

MYHANDISLIKEASHARK'SFIN

DBS has some god tier animatronic work though.
youtube.com/watch?v=agTqLdgtmrE