L O FUCKING L

Can you read between the lines Sup Forums?

consequenceofsound.net/2014/10/smart-people-listen-to-radiohead-and-dumb-people-listen-to-beyonce-according-to-new-study/

>yfw?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-FGZMR-TU
youtube.com/watch?v=-oqAU5VxFWs
youtube.com/watch?v=broV_1gPZVE
youtube.com/watch?v=kzkktWseE5c
youtube.com/watch?v=FgObLPOUPVA
youtube.com/watch?v=5wTVLIZaxMk
youtube.com/watch?v=zf00PYvWWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU
youtu.be/hVqrW-fPOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=vdLuk2Agamk
youtube.com/watch?v=uCI24Lt9aNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-kmlCwCqUM
youtube.com/watch?v=rmYyPcEQKU4
youtube.com/watch?v=-ehKgEHp_ao
youtube.com/watch?v=DYtxixBnVGg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the problem?

Outkast pefectly in the center.

I was gunna call bullshit on this graph, but I'm starting to realize its pretty spot on.

Look at the music listened to by the lowest SAT scores.

I'm going to guess yours are low.

Yeah I was skeptical as well, but from personal experience, most of this rings true.

No most of my tastes are on the high end I just find Jazz being on the low end as kind of silly. Most Jazz and it's subgenres are very difficult for me to pitch to a normie, they literally don't have the attention span for it

>How does a person’s intelligence relate to the type of music they listen to? For the last several years, a software application writer by the name of Virgil Griffith has charted musical tastes based on the average SAT scores of various college institutions. For example, students attending the California Institute of Technology have an average SAT score of 1520. By looking at Facebook to determine the most popular (or — “liked”) band of students at Cal Tech, Griffith was able to conclude that Radiohead really truly is music for smart people. A highly scientific study, I know.

>As Digital Inspiration points out, Griffith’s chart reveals Sufjan Stevens, Bob Dylan, The Shins, and — uh — Counting Crows as other favorite bands of smart people. Meanwhile, Lil Wayne, Beyoncé, The Used, and gospel music comes in at the lower end of the spectrum — or, as Griffith puts it, is music for dumb people.

>Among other interesting revelations from the Griffith’s chart: Smart people prefer John Mayer over Pink Floyd; rock titans like Tool, System of a Down, and Pearl Jam fall right in the middle — so, music for average people?; and people still listen to Switchfoot.

wtf i love Beethoven now

I dont get it, where is the key?

this is bullshit

I have listened to fairly intricate music for over a decade now and I still cannot understand the appeal of certain types Jazz. It literally goes over my head and I dont know why.

No wonder the Jews are promoting rap and shit so much wtf i hate them even more now

Lol

Its pretentious and irritating.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hw-FGZMR-TU

Music niggers listen to = lower SAT score

Most Jazz is just pretentious, narcissistic noodling.

Banned for being racist. I have alerted Sup Forums.

>Phish > Metallica
>Phish = Led Zep
>Phish = The Beatles

dewd wat

not sure it works retroactively

>That entire list

I do not care for Counting Crows one bit.

>yfw brainlets can't appreciate this masterpiece
>youtube.com/watch?v=-oqAU5VxFWs

You should've contacted the cyber police.

Norah jones is based

>Most Jazz is just pretentious, narcissistic noodling.

This exactly.

It's similar to guitarists like Malmsteen or Vai. They're extremely good musicians, but let's face it, most songs sound like mindless shredding that take an experienced ear to even start enjoying.

It takes a lot of skill, but it's still wankery and doesn't appeal to most people, even guitar players. I happen to like both guitarists, but I completely understand why most of my friends don't.

>pretentious, narcissistic noodling.
best description of jazz I've ever read

>le beethoven
every time

no y axis measuring faggotry

The only old shit I like is:

youtube.com/watch?v=broV_1gPZVE

paganini is what they want to be but all they can do is noodle around

maybe a case for Jazz being actual legit psuedo-intellectual pish (but not to that extent), could maybe forgive the odd anomaly (like Counting Fucking Crows being Steven Hawking tier), but..

U2 imore intellectual than Dylan???
GTF outta here.

smart man here, I love this song.

I also love Blues travelers, I bet they'd get up there
>low iq people wont appreciate poppers fat ass blowing on a harmonica like crazy

>Counting Crows

Literally what the fuck

no y axis is needed, theyre just spread out so the x axis isnt overcrowded

you aren't smart. obviously

Also, polka and yodelling probably score up there past beethoven

>1340 on old test
>love Sufjan, Radiohead and Ben Folds

So that scale is just how white you are?

what is it about dylan that you think would appeal to intellect?

Ever seen Blues Traveller in concert? They came to a local venue a few years ago and it's still had to have been the best concert I've ever seen.

I must be a fucking genius then

youtube.com/watch?v=kzkktWseE5c

>no y axis is needed
record sales, publication date, literally anything I just want more info than lol muh smart musuc

jimmy eat world in the middle of the graph. Nice touch.

Vai though is so fun to me tho. He's different... he's a fucking novelty entertainer and I love him:

youtube.com/watch?v=FgObLPOUPVA

>Classical is slightly above Jay-Z and peaks right around Nickelback
>But listening to Beethoven means your super-dupersmart

What a shitty bunch of bullshit this chart is.

I wish, would be fun as fuck. The seem like legitimately good dudes who really like what they do

>not listening to Tchaikovsky

And you consider yourself not a degenerate?

where would merzbow put me?

I like music from all across this chart, what does it mean?

where is k pop

>tfw I hate my fellow Canadian posers on Sup Forums

Knopfler is better
maybe not technically but vai was just pandering to the crowd and a lot of musicians pander professionally

you can tell knopfler feels the music, like chet atkins did. Thats the kind of shit I love

youtube.com/watch?v=5wTVLIZaxMk

Oh and Segovia too
youtube.com/watch?v=zf00PYvWWvI

niggers probably checked classical as they thought it meant classic hip hop such as the tupac, the tootsie roll and the sugar hill gang

Smart people listen to classical.

And sometimes if they want to listen to to something spicy they listen to traditional European folk music.

nothing user

it means nothing

>By looking at Facebook to determine the most popular (or — “liked”) band of students

kek

Where's BSB and NSYNC? that shit is alpha as fuck

>1488 dubs checked

>mfw icp and its dozen related acts are not listed.

I don't know why this chart means anything to anybody. I've listened to Breaking Benjamin and Beethoven and while I don't love either both are pretty good.

Main point, this chart is worthless. Nothing useful can be derived from it other than "Wow I must be smart because I listen to this!".

youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

FUCK YES THEY DO

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY VINYLS LIKE THIS I HAVE TO START THE DAY WITH

>tfw like some of that beethoven / classical music shit
>tfw cant listen to it unless i'm alone because feel like a huge faggot and i'm afraid someone will think i'm weird or trying hard

AY, HOL UP

the only valid comparison we are given here is U2 >(more intellectual) Dylan. Why is this unadulterated pish?
Dylan appeals to people who like literature, poerty, metaphor - people who are widely read, think deeply and appreciate an artist who can express their thoughts on love, life, the state of the world and everything else in simple, yet effective terms,

"And how many deaths does it take, till he knows
too many people have died?"

I am amn intellectual, I like Dylan, therefore, Dylan is intellectual = we'll call this the SJW justification. But hes got a Nobel prize in poetry or something - Obamas got one as well, presumably for something npon-posetic, but, still.

Bono, on the other hand, is a self-righteous twat. While I actually listened to U2 when younger, and wouldnt argue it's not enitrely for thick cunts - comparison with Dylan is ludicrous, as even Bono, to his credit, would be the first to admit.

It's not that the music makes you dumb, it's just that dumb people listen to that music.

It's true though. You can really tell where classical music came from when you listen to enough European Folk Music.

youtu.be/hVqrW-fPOQ0
>tfw that spinning on the electric screen behind the singers evokes a swastika

i really was asking out of curiosity, so thanks for the thoughtful answer. i don't care much for american folk, so i know next to nothing about dylan. i can understand your point about the lyrical content.

Call me retarded, but jazz is pretty much random trumpet noises to me.

OP's pic could easily be explained by how niggers invented jazz if im not mistaken

yeah but....

youtube.com/watch?v=vdLuk2Agamk

>not exclusively listening to jazz punk

youtube.com/watch?v=uCI24Lt9aNQ

sounds like you have a problem with instrumental music in general

plebs

Post what you're listening to RIGHT NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-kmlCwCqUM

see my earlier posts moron

There's no pattern as all the styles just appear everywhere.

This is just to bait retards into thinking Beethoven is what makes you THINK!

Sure in some cases it's good for your brain to listen to classical music as your brain will train it's memory due to it sounding logical and predictable compared to random pop sounds but that doesn't mean shit when you are 20 and have developed your brain well enough already.

where the fuck is bach

youtube.com/watch?v=rmYyPcEQKU4

your country is such a wasteland at this point I literally take nothing you say seriously on any topic by default.

all this really proves is high SAT scorers are pretentious enough to listen to Beethoven unironically

>yfw classical music isn't on there

>a fucking leaf

youtube.com/watch?v=-ehKgEHp_ao

>this coming from a Canadian

>smart people listen to Radiohead
LOL.

I wonder where stuff like this would stand. I rarely listen to music but when I do it's stuff like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=DYtxixBnVGg

>Jazz sucks
t. My Chemical Romance fans

>mfw people unironically dislike Mr. Jones

>lists metal
>puts System of a Down Syndrome and Disturbed into a genre that has better bands like Meshuggah,Animals as Leaders, Gojira, Finsterforst,Fleshgod Apocalypse, and Behemoth
>Not even listing anything Devin Townsend does
this list has a shit taste in metal.
This isn't even poser-tier.
This is just Mom-heard-about-these-bands-so-they-must-be-hardcore tier.

>I rarely listen to music but when I do it's stuff like this.

what a sad existence

>lil wayne fan detected

I have an IQ of 152 and I love the Used. Well, their first three albums.

>T.I. fans smarter than Lil Wayne fans
Checks out

High SAT score lil' wayne fan AMA

What's wrong with it?

why do you think we give a shit?

how high does your SAT really have to be when you're a nigger getting in via quotas?

>SAT predicts intelligence
nice meme

you are retarded

y-you clearly got in on affirmative action!

but muh correlation =/= causation.

I'm guessing who made this, is a leftist commie with shit music tastes. But good thread, really made me think

Jaaz does fucking suck, I'd rather listen to albanian turbofolk than shit.
At first I thought it was supposed to be some kind of relaxing music, then a solo comes and it's like a monkey started hitting keys at random, sounds fucking terrible and every song is like that

I liked the new radioheads álbum, am i white?

so you spend almost every day of your life listening to nothing but silence, bird noises and background chatter?

even if that's legitimately your thing then there's a genre of music for that, look up ambient music and field recordings

evangelical music come on man you're not even trying

If it's going to list musicians it may as well list composers too. Classical can be anything from Steve Reich to complex stuff like Scriabin or Art of the Fugue.

next can we have a "games played by smart people", "shows watched by smart people", and "fashion preferred by smart people" so we can hear about how all the highest IQ people play magic the gathering, watch my little pony, and wear cargo pants and sandals with socks?