How Jon Favreau Felt When Cowboys And Aliens Flopped

>I'm completely flummoxed when it's not exactly what I hoped it would be. With filmmaking, you have to be underwater with this thing: You're pitching it, then making it, then promoting. By the time it comes out, you've gone full speed down a one-way track. With Cowboys & Aliens, I was really bummed out.

>Favreau said about the sci-fi Western that cost $163M before P&A and only grossed $173M worldwide. Knowing the dark days of the film were coming, Favreau’s therapy that summer entailed going to the pool with his kids “A lot,” he said. “By the end of the summer, I had a huge tan.” Also his response to Cowboys & Aliens? Going back to his indie roots and making Chef.

Why didnt you save him being sad Sup Forums? :(

Why didnt you go see Cowboys and Aliens?

but I did, it was ok

no it wasnt

>In order to make the Cowboys & Aliens comic appear to be a big seller, Platinum Studios priced the 105-page book at the low cost of $4.99 (when most graphic novels were $10 and up). Platinum attempted to game the system in various other ways, including using a business arrangement with the popular publisher Top Cow Productions to list Cowboys & Aliens in Top Cow's section of the Diamond Comic Distributors catalogue. They also gave certain retailers huge bulk discounts on the book, all of which counted toward sales numbers. Based on these inflated numbers, Entertainment Weekly listed Cowboys & Aliens as a top seller for the month, which prompted Universal/DreamWorks to move the film project forward again.

I can't remember a single thing from it, except the aliens dick shaped gold rocket

I did.
I can't really remember any of it. Got a vague recollection of the town at the start and him going inside the spaceshit but no clue what actually happened.

IT WAS FINE, BETTER THAN LOTS OF SHIT, DECENT MASHUP FLICK

DANIEL CRAIG IS ALWAYS GLARING LIKE A BADASS, HARRISON FORD IS OLD BUT STILL HAS A BIT OF CHARISMA LEFT

GOGGINS IN THE BACKGROUND IS ALWAYS A SURE THING

Was great until the aliens showed up.

stupid name honestly. i never bothered to watch it because of that

If this had succeeded would we have had Cadillacs and dinosaurs?

>he expected grown adults to pay to go see this in theaters
He should have stuck to capeshit.

It was decent entertainment but as a lot of scifi-action movies, it's incredibly unimaginative and forgettable.

No. The only dinosaur movies we are allowed to have are Jurassic Park, documentaries, and kids movies.

>john faverau will never be in charge of doing Star Wars ep VII

Good

He's shit

I remember the cool manacle/blaster, Olivia Hotness, and that Fird's character's name was Dollarhyde, which I thought was a cool last name. That's about it.

This.

>Why didnt you go see Cowboys and Aliens?

Never heard of it until someone posted about it on Sup Forums years later.

Chef was pretty good bros

Inb4 someone posts the webm of the guy making a girled cheese sandwich while hunched over all sweaty and shit

He's objectively better than jj abrams still

No he's not. Favreu is visionless and everything he makes is uninspired.

>Going back to his indie roots and making Chef
>indie

i dont believe in the mandela effect but wasn't this called cowboys VS aliens?

You've just described jj abrams

Both only have one half decent movie in their catalogue (MI3 and IM1) and jj fucked up 2 established franchsies with unoriginal garbage stories

NAH SEE, CUZ ITS A PLAY ON COWBOYS N INDIANS

RLM said it sucked so I avoided it

Fun movie. Would not see again except for Olivia.

The movie was shit. Harrison Ford's acting was some of the worst I've ever seen. It deserved to fail.

I did, it was shit

I did, thought it was pretty decent

I did, it was pretty good

Because

>written by damon lindelof

Not surprised it flopped. It was unrealistic.

Because Daniel Craig has the charisma of a cigar store Indian and Harrison Ford sleepwalks through his performances these last 2 decades.

It's honestly not hard to be better than JJ abrams. All he does is mimic other actually talented directors and passes off wholesale intellectual theft as "homage". Not a single one of his films are unique. He has no voice. He is not an auteur like favreau he is a charlatan.

I was so happy when this failed because of all the douchebag "movie journos" on the internet calling it a "BAG OF EPIC WIN" because it had "James Bond and Han Solo!"

I also hated it because it felt like the shitty teaser trailer played for an entire year at every movie I saw. I was so happy when this dumpster fire of boredom was finally shit out into cinemas

was a solid 7
screenwriters include the Orci Kurtzman duo and.... Steve Oedekerk, the Chosen One himself.
He was originally gonna direct it like 10 years ago. I'd pay to see that

I saw this and it was trash

paul dano in it was classic though, hearty keks when he accidentially shot the guy

Why would you cast Olivia Wilde as the lead actress in anything. Her face looks like a fucking anvil.

they said you'd like it if you love movies

I saw a bit of it on tv, was pretty unremarkable.

That movie was the definition of forgettable.

>Steve Oedekerk, the Chosen One himself

then years later they were talking about shit movies from the same writer and showed cowboy and aliens too

t. low test homosexual

but Olivia looks like a man with a box face, you are the hOm0

>cost 163 million

well there is your fucking problem

>A Western with Aliens
This never interested me sorry

If they made an R Rated Western with Daniel Craig going on shooting sprees then I would have been interested in seeing it

She played an alien, so it fits.

>he doesn't want kids (sons) who have strong faces

OK, have your cuckface women, more for me

it was just really boring, and a movie about cowboys and aliens with Craig, Ford, Rockwell and Wilde should not be so fucking boring

i enjoyed it, but i was high as fuck

bravo lindelof

>lindelof
huh? he had nothing to do with this

look at the poster.

ye he old now but he was set to direct pre Kung Pow days

ok

still don't get it

Look at the writing credits. The line above the director credit.

huh fuck i'm dumb, I just looked up the credits
>Kutzman
>Orci
>Lindelof
its a perfect storm of shit

YOU FORGOT THE CHOSEN ONE

oooo i'd love a cadillacs and dinosaurs film.

xenozoic tales bruh.
with sexy big breasted woman wearing tight fitting clothes and fighting dinos.

shut the fuck up uridon, oedekerk is a wonderful man and theirs no need to lump him in with these hacks

>>Favreau said about the sci-fi Western that cost $163M before P&A and only grossed $173M worldwide.

He could have made it for under $75 if he didn't hire fucking James Bond and Han Solo and everyone would have called it a success.
Blame whoever insisted on hiring Hollywood royalty for a risky film like that.

viggo and costner would have done it for less and been better

it still would've been written by damon lindelof, thus absolutely doomed.

not arguing about the quality of the script, but it would have made more or less the same amount of money with just about any two male leads. the movie coasted on the titular gimmick

now now don't forget the wonder twins orci and kurtzman who have given us classics like
>transformers
>the amazing spider-man
>st: into darkness
>the amzing spier-man 2
>many more transformers
national treasures these two

lindelof was on the writing staff for into darkness as well.

good point.

the man is pure cancer, everything he touches turns to shit

I don't think hes ever touched anything that had a shot of not being shit, if because the producers thought he was a good choice or because the project was doomed from the onset.

lost had a shot at not being shit, but that triggered lindelofs autism and he did his best to ruin it

lindelof is also the producer more often then not, he tanks his own projects

Lost was pitched, produced, and executed to be "Gilligan's Island: the next generation." It was either going to be shit, shit, or if they were lucky, shit. But for six years they were able to trick people into thinking it wasn't going to be shit.

I remember it was advertised as a mystery/survival story with movie level production values. the actual show survivor had a lot do to with Lost being approved, people forget that

its also worth noting that survivor, lost, and gilligan's island were all CBS shows.

The GN was pretty shit when I read it. Incredibly ham handed alegory about racism, colonialism, etc, basically a dumbed down War of the Worlds. The movie was stupid but overall more interesting by far.

I know that you son of a pig, the guy didn't list all the credits.

lol I never made the connection they were also involved in cast away, why is CBS so obsessed with islands?

yesh it was, you double faggot

oedekerk wrote the story not the screen play prob never even met the screen writers thats who was listed
btw I just can't stop sucking cocks please help

Well its got two older actors that kids might not care about, and I don't remember seeing any aliens in the promos. No hot chick on the poster. It looks like Wild Wild West or something. The marketing fucked up.

It all started with a tale of a fateful trip.

a 3 hour trip?

It was decent for what it was, the stupid title of Cowboys and Aliens fucked it from the get go because it sounds fucking retarded.

I did, and I thought it was ok
It suffered severely from the fact that it never really went anywhere interesting with it's premise, all my memories of that movie are just long stretches of cowboys looking for the aliens, that bit where they fight the spaceships, and the bit at the end where they fight the aliens in their cave, and none of it was especially great

a three hour trip.

I watched it yesterday, thats all it is, doesn't even have good Ford growling or Rockwell bantz or really much of anything

My favorite scene is olivia wilde coming back to life, standing in a fire and just bluntly sating "i'm an alien!"