>Pastebin: Cosmetics and downloadables: pastebin.com/pijVBTpD

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

Thread Song: youtube.com/watch?v=O8XRpclHDQI

No one was making another thread and we were on page 8 already edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mycujoo.tv/ofc-football?id=13023
sports.ndtv.com/football/real-madrids-luka-modric-charged-with-false-testimony-1819162
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atalaia_do_Campo
youtube.com/watch?v=fTjhHrcyiQI
imgur.com/a/Sto5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mycujoo.tv/ofc-football?id=13023
Get in here for the OFC fun

btw if someone has this pic before we added all those new fonts and stuff (up to fm15) I would appreciate it very much if you posted it.

Close enough?

Wait I can do better

nice, thank you my friend.

great, another scouting meeting
*starts clicking*

>me on the left

why wouldn't you just play fifa you nerds

you need two hands to play FIFA

that moment when you realize what was wrong with your tactics and you make one small adjustment and it changes everything

changing one of my cms from advanced playmaker to box-to-box has made a world of difference somehow and now my team is playing free flowing football

it's wonderful

the only thing i can't get right is my wingers being idiots. sometimes they'll get past their defender down the byline and then just hold onto the ball. i would rather they cross and miss their target than stand there and get tackled

Has 18 been cracked yet? I kind of want to give it a go, but FM for me is no longer an every year purchase, but I want to play a version where a 4-3-3 is actually usable.

is 4-3-3 not usable in older versions?

It's absolutely god awful in 17 and I don't know why.
Didn't play 16.
It's actually really good in 15 though, but 17 has a few QoL aspects that 15 didn't have
Don't remember how it was on 14
Didn't play 13
The Grid.

The secret to having a 4-3-3 work on FM17 is to use a Shadow Striker in the AMC spot rather than a regular number 9.

but why

philistine

playing fm on a friday night again, user? don't worry, we're here for you.

do yall ever do challenges like "yugoslavia challenge" or "polish-lithuanian commonwealth challenge" where you only sign players from modern countries encompassed by former empires?

does roman empire count

post 10/10 10s

tfw a scrub thinks that I care what he thinks

no it do not come on binlan

My GKs rarely get injured in a match, but when they do they make sure it's a title decider and that I don't have a spare GK on the bench

at least I saved a couple of million and got some determination gains

Nothavinga G.K. Ondabench

>4-3-3
>AMC

>Falling for the egg meme

imagine mane, firmino and salah in there, tearing everyone a new asshole

Promotion from League two to League one is harder than I thought. I thought I would be able to maybe go on for another promotion but it feels like with my same team I have to park the bus every away game just to survive

which team?

Blackpool. We're doing good enough to be pretty safe in terms of relegation but we're only around 10th and I've hard 3 0-0 draws in a row now

>Luka Modric charged with false testimony
>sports.ndtv.com/football/real-madrids-luka-modric-charged-with-false-testimony-1819162
>Zdravko Mamic charged with 15.6M€ of money embezzlement and additional 1.6M€ of fiscal fraud
If anyone had any """doubt""" (not even enough quotation marks) about how corrupted Dinamo Zagreb and the Croatian FA is... Moneyball Manager when Milos? You know it makes sense.

they didn't exactly cruise the league, but I went to their playoff-final irl in 2017

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

Is there a way to change fluid/structured for individual players? I want my attacking players to drop back and defend but my defenders to stay back always

>Is there a way to change fluid/structured for individual players?
Roles and duties.

Wouldn't you choose a low risk, defensive mentality?

I think fluidity is more a blanket instruction to move and act outside of the set instructions, so I think you would have to do this player by player and choose roles that accomplish this, such as choosing DLCs (defend or cover) and DLFs.

>winger runs full speed towards byline
>stop ball on the lie and run past it
>defender clears
why is this so common?

Since when the ME represents real football accurately?

I see 'Forrest Gump' runs like this quite often, when wbs forget to turn or pass

I've been playing FM games since 2008 and can only remember having a GK injured during a game once. Having GKs on the bench is for wimps

>A-league requires a goalkeeper on the bench
>5 subs

2037:
>goalkeeper: 2193 found
>sweeper keeper: 233 found (most of them being so shit that the AI can't decide if they are either pure GKs or SKs

Welcome to some of our stupidest rules.

It used to be only 4 subs a few years back so yay us.

are there real life managers that refuse to include backup goalkeepers in their squad?

>Start up as Arsenal
>Board doesn't accept anything other than winning the league
Why doesn't Arsene have to deal with this?

you'll get a free pass once you win Premier League thrice

>Playing as /arse/
Shame.

Doesn't mean you'll get sacked as the Arsenal board tends to have good Patience (yup, that's a hidden attribute).

I'm an Arsenal fan; If I have to sit through Wenger in real life I want to at least see them succeed somewhere

They don't even need your help to succeed in FM-verse.

:(

>/arse/ fucking it up in FM
That's the wrong timeline. Still, no challenge for you there unless they get relegated and stay relegated.

I agree this was totally anecdotal, this has only happened on very few saves for me.

then, of course, there is the overpowered Mourinho timeline, which is quite regular

And SI (especially the mods) will firmly deny that there's anything wrong with Poop getting fired every six months... at best.

I just sold Brighton two of my former best striker prospects. They're predicted for dead last but they're rolling in Prem League P's

They had been out on loan for years and were once in the first team back when I was shit but failed to get going.

Would they ever develop? Was I right to sell them?

>22
>On loan for years
If they had potential, loaning them was a mistake because even if the AI plays them, they do not know how to actually develop them. For example as you can see they didn't even bother training McLean's Passing even though it's an absurd liability. You were right to sell them, even though they can still marginally improve with higher game time and a manager who will actually take charge of them.

As for Palacios, it would depend of his development curve on his coaching/development report: if it's nearly flat selling him was the right move as he should have reached his PA. If it was still increasing I would've kept him since he's a good CF with very well balanced attributes despite his garbage Bravery, Concentration and below average Positioning even for an offensive player (while not being a flaw by itself).

>tfw have to loan out some decent players because they develop better against better opposition than the maltese premier league even if i give them the right development they need
such is life

It's a life you choose to be fair, so it's also a life you enjoy. Personally I loan only after >HG and if they have no flaws: great personality, no flawed attributes; both of which can take years to fix. Even if the league is garbage. Yeah, I really don't trust the AI at all.

I only loan out players who will be good enough to play for their national team and not malta after 5 years.

That said, I heavily suspect that it's not league strength but league reputation that has an influence on development. I seriously doubt FM aggregates the average strength of the league to see if it's stronger than another country. It also would explain why it's still possible to develop world-class or even world-beating players even in objectively shit countries: your feats would help raise the Reputation, which would override the league strength.

>Spurs
LOL

oh, Salah!

For me, it's the Australian Institute of Sport and the entire Portuguese third division.

This niqqa kno

The FM home bias strikes home yet again.

this Napoli/Roma match is wild.

my best prospect this year :(

>Either
That pumped away all his CA and his growth hormone apparently.

I'm still not having any youngsters coming in from my affiliates (São Paulo, Karlsruher, Gijón and SuperSport Utd), or any foreign youngsters at all. Not even guys from big portuguese cities, only from villages. Does it have anything to do with my (poor-ish) youth facilities or is it just because I'm a village club? My youth recruitment is extensive and reputation is worldwide.

>IFs don't work
>Man Shitty

You mean in the intake? You need a specific affiliate link option which I don't remember the name of. Once you have it, it's completely random: just save before intake day and have fun reloading. Also, their ability will be based on your facilities. So they often won't be any better than the rest of your intake kids: they'll just have a different flag. You're better off scouting their intake instead.

Is it worth buying FM18?

Play the demo.

I believe I have the right affiliate link, but I've never had any coming through (and I've tried countless times). I didn't even have a foreign kid despite having a sizeable youth staff from lots of different countries. It might have something to do with the location of the club (some random village with 523 people). pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atalaia_do_Campo

Btw, I checked on genie, and my youth facilites are only 12, that might have something to do with it. I've had some real gems so, when I reach 20, they will probably be mutants

I know he sucks, but he's been with me since my first season, he's the captain and I will never sell him.

Am I being unreasonable?

In my experience, pure randomness. Just reload on intake day to see if anything happens.

>Norbro
I honestly was going to reply seriously. Was.

Take a tip from moneyball:
youtube.com/watch?v=fTjhHrcyiQI

Yeah, I've reloaded more than 100 times to test it out. Same results, no guys from affiliates, no foreign guys, only guys from small nearby villages. It's kinda realistic though, because who would want to live in some random small village even if the club is great?

But look at his history, how could you let someone like that go

Well, it doesn't look like he earns much money. I would keep him in that case and cut him if he earned more money.

>Money being an issue

laughs in norwegian

Population is in fact taken into account for intakes but I think you still should have had some foreign regen appear I think. Maybe your save is corrupt and ypu have to delete it and start all over again.

>because who would want to live in some random small village even if the club is great?
En Avant de Guingamp's stadium, the Roudourou is over 2.5 the population of the city. It also on average filled at around 75% of its capacity. Consistently.

we hitomi now

my average attendance is around 14k on a 523 pop village

See? FM is realistic! Too bad about your intake, but don't worry: scouting is the name of the game.

i'm still producing talent every year, so i don't worry about that. i'm even overloaded with wonderkid strikers from my youth intake

"Wonderkid" only means that their CA is high relative to their age. Be careful.

how the f do you get organized with two tight and flat 4s in this game?

I want to shrink my own half and force them out on the sides

Even at defensive and rigid, my players are all over the place

i checked their pa's and they're pretty good as well, their media description isn't wonderkid though, but i know they're good

imgur.com/a/Sto5M

This seems unfair

>i checked their pa's

disgust

:(

>how the f do you get organized with two tight and flat 4s in this game?
In FM17? You don't. You cannot. If you're attempting something like Diego Simeone's approach of a 4-4-2, you can't in FM. Not that you can't play defensively with a 4-4-2, but you can't reproduce the way it works in real life. Post tactics and give context: expectations, strengths...

>new young brazilian leftback underperforming

Not everyone can be Roberto Carlos.

oof napoli fans must feel gutted

what are your tips for getting a player out of a slump? i warned him for his poor performances, but hes still playing below par.