Iron Man 3 comes out

>iron Man 3 comes out
>everyone hates it because it's awful

>nice guys comes out
>now everyone on Sup Forums knows who Shane Black is
>they make threads saying Iron Man 3 is good because of Shane Black

Is anything more pathetic than an Iron Man 3 defender? Yeah Shane has some great movies ...Iron Man 3 was a paycheck to him. It's completely awful

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/05/shane-black-iron-man-3-villain-was-going-to-be-a-woman-but-she-wouldnt-have-sold-toys-290452/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

k

I always liked IM3.

I will admit to enjoying Iron Man 3 more on rewatching it, it was nice to see Tony having to deal with shit without his suits for most of it

>ptsd

What was awful about it, specifically? What did you think didn't work? Just saying "it was awful" doesn't really mean much other than "I didn't like it!"

Star Wars prequel defenders.

>that Air Force One rescue

I hope Shane didn't come up with that.

they RUINED the Mandarin!

>The reason it was shit is why I liked it
Really burning my brain

You're obviously new i remember hype threads when shane got announced as the director and when Sup Forums had a hard on for kiss kiss bang bang

no you didn't

>little kid
>iron man not in the suit for a long time
>the main bad guy was just a rich jerk..pretty forgettable
>he shoots fire out of his mouth
>cool build up for mandarin
>throw it away because of Chinese Market
>Tony is in that bumfuck town for approximately half the movie
>jokes were pretty weak
>RDJ phoned in his performance more than usual

the airplane rescue was probably the only decent part of the entire film

haha nope
Everyone bashed Iron Man 3 when it came out.

I dont recall a single Kiss Kiss Bang Bang thread even though its a pretty great film. Iron Man 3 defenders only came out after Nice Guys because they learned who Shane Black was.

>projection
Iron man 3 is easily the best iron man movie

I couldn't get past how stupid the lava people were. so much dumb shit in marvel movies and that was the dealbreaker for some reason

Nope, definitely hype threads before release with shane directing one the things hyping Sup Forums for it and definitely thread asking for films similar to kiss kiss bang bang or about it being underrated.

Had two cast members from the golden era of Neighbours, classic status assured.

Man I hated this movie so much. It was so corny

It's easily the most entertaining Iron Man movie.

I've been a fan of Iron Man since I was 11 years old. I read the entire Michelenie/Layton 80's run via back issues bought from long boxes in my early teens.

The Mandarin is a boring, one-note yellow peril villain who stopped being relevant when the Vietnam war ended. While I'm sure you could bust your balls trying to come up with some reason for him to exist in a modern context (overthrow China and return it to the feudal system, maybe?), I thought Trevor was by far and away the best part of IM3. Rest of the film was pretty lacklustre thgouh, I especially didn't appreciate how underpowered the armours were compared to the previous films. Very lazy writing.

>Dude who has been doing superhero shit for years apparently got scared because aliens exist
>spends entire movie crying about it and at no point has a redeeming moment, gets rescued by his newly super powered gf
>villain is a guy who has every right to be upset with tony even if he's a jerk, tony doesn't show any character development by making amends
>WASTED THE FUCKING EXTREMIS ARC

WE COULD'VE HAD THE IRON MAN SUIT MADE OUT OF FUCKING NANOMACHINES EMBEDDED IN HIS BONE MARROW

BUT NOOOO WE GOT RLY HOT FIRE MANS

I liked Iron Man 3. I thought it would lead to some actual character changes in the movies coming after it. The biggest reason why it's not enjoyable to watch now is because every Marvel movie that came after it totally ignores it. He still has suits after blowing them up. Pepper is a moot point because she's totally gone now for no reason. Being in this whole cinematic universe hurts some of the individual films.

>movie is called Iron Man
>main character spends 2/3 of the movie as Regular Man

most great super heroes are great without their powers or suits on anyway. Like how Peter Parket is great even when hes not spiderman or how Bruce Banner is a fucking psycopath even when hes not in Hulk mode etc

>He still has suits after blowing them up
Tony has so many spare suits I think he literally made an army out of them (which of course didnt work out so well)

i don't blame shane black for this though, the marvel executive neutered his original idea..

indiewire.com/2016/05/shane-black-iron-man-3-villain-was-going-to-be-a-woman-but-she-wouldnt-have-sold-toys-290452/

yuppp

I've always thought Iron Man 3 is better than most Marvel flicks.

You just know Iron Man 3 was kino when the studio decides to pretty much ignore it.

The theme was the only memorable one of all the Marvel movies besides The Avengers and maybe the first Iron Man.

nah thats just when writers run out of ideas. It happens in comics too.

actually people generally liked iron man 3 here and in my circles

I thought it was a piece of shit and couldn't believe what I was hearing

Poor Shane Black. His version of Lethal Weapon 2 got scrapped back in the day. Riggs was supposed to die. LW 2 is amazing but it could have been even better if that's possible.

I liked it, sure it has flaws but it was nowhere near as bad as IM2

Even though his character was terrible, Ben Kingsley still great at it.