Am I the only one who thought Luke's look in RotJ was how Jedi were supposed to dress before the prequels made Obi-wan...

Am I the only one who thought Luke's look in RotJ was how Jedi were supposed to dress before the prequels made Obi-wan robes canon?

Robes seem impractical for sword fights.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WytHmlDWEgk
youtube.com/watch?v=tzifrtF8BbU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Imagined Jedi would wear whatever the enviroment called for.

This, although a form-fitting jumpsuit fits all occasions.

>The ideal Jedi uniform

luke basically wears sith clothes, it's weird TBHIMO

>Robes seem impractical for sword fights
They look stupid too. What do you do when you have to take a shit? Do you take your robe off and throw it on the bathroom floor or do you just sling over the top of the stall?

That's what makes him cool. He doesn't dress or act like a fag Jedi. He kisses his sister and wears all black.

They wear space potties.

Nah, What if Star Wars Toilets are just hole in the ground like asian countries? I'd guess you just sling your robe over your own head.

With all the alien anuses around, that would probably be the easiest method.

Yes. Also, the hooded cape he was wearing with it was much cooler and knight templar-ish than the fucking tatooine bathrobes from of the prequels

The first is business casual.

>being this retarded

You do know that people actually wore robes historically right?

People did a lot of shit historically. No reason for Jedi to look like homeless people.

A robe is objectively superior to a coat.
We just stopped wearing them for fashion reasons.

Gee whiz

Are force clothes separate entities?

I would tell these fags to get the fuck off my porch right now.

They can literally haunt you 24/7 judging your every motion and thought.

That's not Jedi wear though, just Tatooine robes that Obi-Wan wanted everyone to try on in Force afterlife.

Nice photoshop. where are the 300 other Jedi?

the point of ROTJ was that he was slipping to the dark side, the first thing you see him do is force-choke a gammorean while wearing a black cloak

>Robes seem impractical for sword fights.
My Star Wars lore is terrible, but weren't the Jedi not doing much in terms of field missions before Episode I?
They were assholish conscientious observers until they figured out that the Republic was at stake, so my understanding was that they didn't fight much.

Even then I'm pretty sure most people disrobe when a fight starts in I-III

No it's not you fucking retard. The point of Luke is that he's not blindly devout to the dogmatic Jedi Order. He's finding his own way through the force. Luke's entire purpose is restoring BALANCE to the force. Luke is balance.

There hasn't been a single good character introduced since the first two movies. Why are people still watching this shit

I always figured Jedi wore whatever. Its stupid to me they all wear robes. The idea of a brown-robe like uniform is kinda dumb.

Joke, but true. Everyone on tattooine dressed in robes. The robes are just plain stupid. If Jedi had a "uniform" everyone could tell who was a jedi based on that.

According to lore, it's obvious there wasn't any authentic Jedi attire to use. So Luke just improvised an all back one. Though, I much prefer the old robes just for the aestetics of it.

Agreed. He kills hundreds of people to rescue his friends in the first act. He defeats Vader by using his anger (dark side). He rides the line between light and dark in ROTJ, and it's my favorite aspect to the film that most people overlook.

Yeah balance as in a balance between light and dark

>Luke is balance

Nope. Restoring order meant destroying the last of the Sith...You know, the faggots who actually abuse and exploits the force to do their bidding?

Lucas never meant any of that gray Jedi fag shit. Take that disney tier lore to reddit.

I hate the Disney Star Wars films even more than most haters, but I've always viewed ROTJ that way. It's evident in the film that Luke has given in to some degree to his darker side.

>given in to

The Dark Side is the imbalance. Luke was imbalanced.

Yeah but at the end Luke realizes it's the light side that's right.
His suit flap even opens revealing there was light on the inside all along

Based Qui-Gon with the power stance

Yea, I never saw it like that. It's an interesting perspective, but not really accurate to what Lucas intended. Unless he debunked it sometime ago.

> It's evident in the film that Luke has given in to some degree to his darker side.
But the Jedi did use their force to do their missions. Take Obiwan and Yoda.

The way it was meant to be is that the Jedi are the keepers of the balance. Meaning they use the force, but don't do much with it besides the basics and meditation. The Sith are the ones that ruin shit by taking the force to its limits, hence disrupting the balance.

It's in the title. Return of the Jedi, return of the balance. Anakin fulfilled his purpose by killing Palpatine, which ultimately brought peace and balance to the force and galaxy.

Than you have disney wars......

Uh, you don't get to bring Sith.

Unrelated, but this really brings shit to a whole nother level of unadulterated Galaxykino.

youtube.com/watch?v=WytHmlDWEgk

>the Jedi were space wizards in the prequels
Bravo Lucas

>Implying they weren't already in the OT

Seems like you're lost.

Where am I?

Hey Shatner

Jedi were totally space wizards in the OT

You're in Geno, baby.

youtube.com/watch?v=tzifrtF8BbU

When are people going to aknowledge there was no grand scheme to star wars. It's a really shallow pool.

When nostalgia stops being a concept, so probably never

I wasn't alive before the prequels soooo I can't really answer

>Luke wears moslty dark to represent the dark side
>However, when Luke gets zapped by Palpatine, it shows his white under the shirt representing the light side inside him

Deep shit bro

>jedi
>uniform

This was just Lucas being a fucking meme. There was no official 'jedi uniform' before the prequels. Why the fuck would you want to make it obvious that you're in tune with the force? You'd forever be a target.

if obi-wan was in hiding then why did he still dress in his Jedi robes for twenty years?

I would think the Jedi would wear whatever was simple?

>Welcome to the Force afterlife, my good friend.
>Good to see you, Obi Wan
>Anakin, did I ever tell you about these super comfy Tatooine robes I've been wearing the past twenty years. . .

It's also highly incongruous with the Jedi shit we see in the prequels

>Own a fuckhuge temple on a planet where real estate goes at a premium
>dress like a moisture farmer
what is the point

they're close enough to what the others on tatooine were wearing
tatooine was far out enough that the empire didn't control it, hence hiding luke there
probably bretty comfy

This, there probably wasn't an official uniform, except maybe for special ceremonies or something like that.

Honestly, I never got the complaint about the Jedi dressing like peasants. Have people never heard of ascetics?

Me neither. That's just how Jedi dress and shit. No need to overthink things.

Asceticism is a feature of just about every priestly order and monkhood on Earth. Here are Japanese buddhist monks at a temple in Tokyo.

Look closely. Didn't even get Anakin a good one, looks like a cheap knockoff.

I would say it provides a visual clue that Anakin is changing for the worst right off the bat in Revenge. Instead of wearing the humble robes of a farmer like the rest of the jedi, he's wearing more stylish clothing made of obviously better material.

Finn was good you faggot. He's not a Mary Sue or some mystic ninja, he's an incompetent coward.

Just lik my Japanese animus.

This. Obi-Wan never ordered Luke to wear a robe, and Yoda's robe was different from Obi-Wan's. There was ghost Anakin but I figured that was just cause he was friends with Obi-Wan back when.

Thats how luke imagined them

did you miss the part where sheev could only be defeated by the combined efforts of both a sith and a jedi? and before the disney star wars the effectively lead to the end of both the jedi and sith orders?

>did you miss the part where sheev could only be defeated by the combined efforts of both a sith and a jedi?

No, not really. Luke didn't even fight Palpatine, he only won against Vader. It was than Vader who killed Palpatine, which the prophecy foretold that a chosen one would be balance to the force. Anakin brought the balance, by killing Sidious and sacrificing his life.

In the end, only one Jedi remained. Which is balance.

My thought was obi wan wore robes because he lived on tatooine. He was the only Jedi so when the prequels came out they just went with what they had for pretty much every Jedi everywhere even if it didn't really make sense.

Luke's OT black suit was much better looking.

i like to think that the late republic jedi were hipsters and just liked dressing up as poor people.

i will go further to state that "jedi robes" were identical to poor people robes like the ones worn by the lars family, except they were put together by upscale coruscanti designers.

Since the Jedi were more militant than they had been since the days of the Sith, they all liked to wear the same basic overpriced shit like some sort of gay uniform.

>Obi wan wore robes
>Yoda wore robes
>Ghost Anakin wore robes

He doesn't defeat Vader with the Dark Side. He overpowers him, but Luke ultimately rejects it when he throws his lightsaber away.

not the only one..

personally i though KOTOR's robes were the best, even better than Luke's in some ways..

the shoulder pads give the jedi a dignifed appearance..

Vader was a Sith. He didn't kill Sheev

Anakin the Jedi did.

i always thought the white flap surrounded by the dark clothing meant that he knew how to balance both

yoda had little retard robes and ghost anakin certainly couldn't wear Vader outfit

>Am I the only one who thought Luke's look in RotJ was how Jedi were supposed to dress before the prequels made Obi-wan robes canon?
No.

Jedi were space monk of course they wear robes.

Regardless, he killed Palpatine, and he died. Both Vader and Sidious were sith. With Anakin's sacrifice, it meant the only two siths in the galaxy were done. Leaving only Luke, a Jedi.

It's been established that Lucas stupidity started to creep in at Episode 3 onward.

You just lift it over your knees u retard

Any one side is imbalanced. Luke didn't go full on jedi like Obi Wan because that's bullshit but becoming a sith meant being in the same group that indirectly killed his family.

das episode 6 tho

I liked Finn more when he was named Jar Jar Binks

>mfw Star Wars, a series about simple good versus evil and spiritual enlightenment through the elimination of inner evils is literally 2deep4/tv/

These are the people Disney is trying to cater to. People who could not understand that themes of the original trilogy that were literally right there overtly being dealt wit and discussed in the movies.

>balance between light and dark
Not really. He ultimately catches himself and controls his negative emotions and embraces the Jedi way, rejecting the Dark Side.

>Luke didn't go full on jedi
He did. But being a Jedi is more than just lifting shit with your mind and believing in the Force. The final piece was something Luke could only really understand on his own; Obi-Wan and Yoda were wise and good dudes but Luke's journey was his own.

I always liked Luke more because he was an individual and found his own way, unlike the Jedi of the prequels.

I guess that's why he doesn't want the Jedi Order to be restored in 8, but why does Hamill say he hates everything they did with Luke?

Hmmmmm...

>Luke didn't go full on jedi
>literally says, "You have failed Emperor. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

I loved that scene, everything from Vader triggering him by mentioning his sister to him realizing just how powerful the darkside was when he physically defeated Vader, but it was Vaders love (the light side) that ultimately won the battle.

>taking the word of a guy who made out with his sister and who's father married against the Jedi code

These guys think with their dicks.

>am i the only one who?

this is not 9gag

looks like they're all wearing the black outfit UNDER the robes

considering luke's Ep 4 clothes, and hell, even Owen's, it's entirely possible that the OT robes we saw were just common for rural people across the galaxy.
When you look at all the spacefaring folk in the OT, they wear multiple colors, usually have jackets and pouches and stuff.
Then you look at diplomats, and they're flowy garments and stuff.

It seems more like Jedi stuck to wearing the clothes of rural folk because it was their way to be in tune with nature.
I mean, the actual jedi robes in the prequels had a bit more structure to them, and the scarves/sashes were more pronounced.
On a planet like tatooine, no one would notice the difference since most people wore big robes anyways.
and it's not like Yoda had any reason to change clothes. If someone made it to degobah looking for him with ill intent, what good is a disguise? He's small, and green, and talks funny.

He wanted them to look like and behave like Buddhist monks, but lost it due to incompetence.

Should say
>taught me to do it for teh lulz

:)

He was a decent shot but yeah he was also a fuckwit. I liked his character.
He's properly going homo with isaacs character though

>TUMBLR TAUGHT ME TO BE INSPIRED

2013 was different time

also the fuck is etsy

>Tokyo
>Eyefell tower in the background

fuckin europoors making shit up

>He shits out of his knees
wtf

etsy is where peopel sell DIY and handycrafts