The Wire

So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about pawns, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watched the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NvDvESEXcgE?t=7m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any shows you would recommend?

>I'm soooo jaded and I got a wicked sense of humor lol

I've never understood why this copypasta takes a shot at Idris Elba, he does a very impressive accent

>doesn't realise it's a copypaste joke

You cant possibly be serious.

better than anything in Mad Men.

It's the second time I've seen it. So I wasn't sure. Should have known with the "first episode". Either way whats the point?

What's wrong with it? This dialect coach says its great youtu.be/NvDvESEXcgE?t=7m53s

I thought it was believable too. Just something not quite right.

I dont give a fuck what that faggot says. Im FROM Baltimore, Ive spent more time around Baltimore niggers than anyone should ever have to, and I can tell you he sucked and sounded completely retarded.

The only time he had a worse accent was in Prometheus. I was more offended by his pointless idiotic accent in that movie than I was with the shoehorned and unnecessary BLACKED scene with him and Theron.

No entertainment where the actors are supposed to have American accents should be played by British people. TWD and SoA suffered from this immensely.

I thought he was american initially, but then again I didnt realise Snoop was a girl until a few episodes in.

well I'm convinced

The wire sucks ass, and the first episode is one of the most boring episodes in a show full of boring episodes

Uhhh. Yea. That guy actually said he DOESNT get the accent correct.

It's not for everyone. Took me like three tries to get through the first few episodes. Still better than most all the shit out there.

It get's good about 4 seasons in.

he literally opened by calling it amazing

currently watching the show. Did not know snoop was a girl.

And then he literally said right after that that he didnt get it right.

So either you are a colossal faggot, the language guy is a colossal idiot, or both of you are colossal idiot faggots.

he points out one fault after calling it amazing. Only an autist expects everything to be fucking perfect

That one fault being the entire embodiment of a Baltimore accent which is how the "O" and "U" sounds are made in words like "window" and "threw". Which Elba got wrong.

And he said "This is amazing" and then went on to describe how Elba practiced the accent for years, he didnt call his final product amazing.

You are both fucking clueless morons.

I thought it was fine until I learned he's british, and then it sounded off.

Pretty sure he's just pretending to be retarded senpai

Dude it's like so realistic dude and it's nihilistic like real life yeah man nothing matters anyway. 10/10 best tv show ever