Who is the greatest international goal scorer?

Who is the greatest international goal scorer?

ali daei goat

Have to take into account competition though

reminds me of Lionel "The Gasser of Guatemala" Messi

Me

You sure you want to hold that opinion? You know who Ronaldo likes to score against in a Portuguese shirt, right?

Puskás is the real goat desu senpai

too bad the actual real goat will surpass him by the end of this year.

>the bomber of Bolivia
>the executioner of Ecuador
>the hangman of Hong Kong
>the pillager of Paraguay

The average world ranking of a Messi opponent: 38.2
The average world ranking of a Ronaldo opponent: 69.3

is that the meme coca cola world ranking where Romania was like 20th for a whole year because we didnt lose to random farmers for 20 games in a row ?
lol what a shit ranking system, and there's not even a decent alternative to this.

not Klose

Even if that's what you want to stick with, half his international goals are against Armenia, Sweden, Latvia, Andorra, Estonia, Hungary, Faroe, Luxembourg, Northern Island

Any one of those teams can hold a draw against bottom half of Comembol. Rankings are a meme, and it's Europe we're talking about here, players with CL/EL games and so on.

Gerd Müller

You realize that the majority of top European clubs have South American teams in them too; right? And the majority of top clubs also don't have players from those shit hole countries I mentioned. The Champions League final featured 7 players from South America and 0 from the ones I mentioned

Most of his goals came against shitty teams. 5 against Albania, 7 against the Soviets, 4 against Austria

stop discussing with a mentally ill person. it's a waste of time

In fact if we expand it until 2010 44 South Americans have played in the CL final and 0 from the countries I mentioned

first of all
>Soviets
>shitty team
you have no clue, m8. they were a top team

>68 goals in 62 NT matches
>14 WCs (only needed two WCs for it)
>led the all time WC goalscorer ranking for 32 years
>scored the winning goal in the WC final (1974)
>scored a brace against the "shitty" Soviets in the EC final (1972), was top scorer in that tournament

Their national teams are still shit and also they should merge the American qualifiers.

So you're going back on your argument that European teams are better because their players feature in the CL?

*14 WC goals

we're talking european footbal vs south american football, you just can't compare the two.

But you tried to before; in your earlier post when you said
>and it's Europe we're talking about here, players with CL/EL games and so on.

Flattered to be honest.

Yes, as in Europe overall, both international and national competitions.
Also I clearly said bottom half of Comembol, I really doubt 40 players from bottom half of last Comembol qualification hierarchy played in CL finals. Obviously I didnt mean Brazil wtf

>le need to go to 5 WC to outscore Fatnaldo
Fucking rack.

So? Are you implying Messi has never scored against a big country? Each has played against small countries and each has scored. My original point is that most of Ronaldo's are against weaker teams if we go by the only official ranking we have

>if we go by the only official ranking we have
Well there you go.
Also Messi wouldn't necessarily score more goals than Ronaldo here in Europe, we also have better tactics and management overall, it's just a different level compared to the average game against your typical south american small team. France draw 0-0 against Luxembourg for fucks sake.
Otherwise if south american countries were so fucking great according to that ranking, they would produce more than 50 meme attacking players every year.

>Better tactics and management
German just won the world cup with a retard in charge. Low didn't play with full backs because he didn't think they had anyone who could play that role despite having Philip Lahm in midfield

At some point all geniuses look like retards

>trying this hard

>Le score 4 against Saudi Arabia man

Honestly, Klose holding any world cup record is a travesty

Robbie Keane

he was shit for >us NT usually