Ted Cruz stands up to a bully who insulted his wife and father. Why does Sup Forums hate him?

Ted Cruz stands up to a bully who insulted his wife and father. Why does Sup Forums hate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FDiZ5HW2wqU
youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no he broke his pledge.

he is literally lyin ted

********MODS TAKE NOTICE**********
slide thread
sage

Trump supporters are desperate to be ruled.

Worship at the alter of the mango messiah or be destroyed.

He's a good guy who stuck to his guns. Of course Sup Forums will see that as traitorous.

Be the bully not the victim rat boy

Cruz proved he is not a sell out. He won't grovel like Christie.

CARTER

Ted Cruz signed a pledge to support the GOP nominee back when he, among others, thought his party could stop its supposed constituency from electing Trump

Now that things didn't turn out like he planned, he's decided the rules don't apply to him anymore, just like he, among others, concern-trolled voters that Trump would break the same pledge

Ted Cruz has spent too much time in Washington to be trusted any more.

Cruz should have knocked his faggot wig off his head after that shit with his Dad

And yet when Trump reneged on his pledge months ago, you worthless sycophants were perfectly fine with it.

Trump supporters are the scum of the earth.

I do not hate Ted Cruz. I disagree with him on literally anything. I am a proud Obama & Hillary supporter. I did not vote for Ted Cruz but he is my senator. Tonight he made me proud by standing on conviction and not endorsing Dangerous Donald.

*everything

What happened when Trump was threatening to back out of his pledge back in Aug-December. Why the double standard?

Trump's supporters really go everything against Sup Forums stands for desu senpai

DRUMPF LITERALLY BTFO, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN TED SCREWED HIM OUT OF THE PRESIDENCY

HIS OWN PARTY WONT SUPPORT HIM, HE'S GOING TO GET EATEN ALIVE IN THE GENERAL

Settling vendettas is not what the National Convention is for

LET you speak

> mfw Cruz just committed Political Suicide.

This is the presidential election for the most important nation in the world, not some valedictorian award that you give to the "nicest" student in class. You should never pick a beta as a leader. A bully is much better for the populace.

>Trumpfags try to pretend there is a legally binding contract somewhere on which basis Trump and the RNC might launch a lawsuit
>imply that failing to abide this phantom agreement by at the expense of his soul is damning

Before Trump attempted to destroy his reputation and call him the son of an assassin, ted agreed in principle that he'd support a brand X nominee other than himself, and showed good judgement, with the X becoming known, and acquiring a history, that character, principles and ethics should have a place above political deal making. Ted is just the kind of guy we need in Washington

>MUH LOYALTY OATHS

Because keeping Hillary out of the Whitehouse is more important that fee-fees.

I don;t have to be a dick-sucking politician to understand that.

Why didn't Lyin' Ted drop the pledge at the same time Trump did? Obviously he had nothing to gain by sticking with it.

Because he thought taking the high road would win him brownie points.

As he found out yesterday, it didn't work.

Just another Washington hypocrite

Christie is term limited and needs to find himself a job. He's fine with selling out at this point.

>Doublethink: The post

Liberalism is a mental illness.

Holds the bible high, puts it down, and then he lies.

Again, what you're witnessing is the mental breakdown of an establishment stooge who thought he'd secured his position as the designated loser for this round

He supported the pledge when he thought the GOP would hand him the nomination

He continued to support the pledge after Trump called it out as dumb because he thought he could play it off as taking the high road, still believing the nomination was his

Tuesday his cronies got BTFO, now he doesn't support his party's candidate even though he's allegedly a true blue conservative who hates Hilldog

If Cruz were honest he would have dropped the pledge long ago. Instead he dropped it after it was inconvenient for him to do so, which unfortunately for his blind ass was during the convention.

I will admit, he makes a good bumbling idiot, if this had been a normal cycle for the Loser Party he'd be a model candidate, cf. Romney, Dole, McCain, etc.

Ted dindu nuffin, he was gud boi.

Nothing happened. A bunch of the worst people in this party ripped their shirts off in rage at nothing. Cruz gave the least cringy speech all week.

>mfw when I'm watching SG-1 for the first time

Although she can be kinda bitchy though

It takes a special kind of retard to think that a man who called the senate majority leader a liar to his face is an establishment stooge, while the man who has funded the establishment and is currently endorsed by them is not.

Trump supporters almost make bern-outs look rational.

Because he broke his promise to support the nominee.
Because he went to college for a useless degree.
Because he has little to no private sector experience.
Because he wants to be a career politician.

>thinks Sup Forums is one person

can't you come up with anything better than that you shill

If that's the way you see it, that's on the guy who set the conditions by which it was impossible for Cruz to sidle up besides him, I should think. If Trump's plan from the start was to be a divisive force who couldn't make conciliatory gestures after he attacked and lied about an opponent's family, attacked and lied about Ted's electoral wins, but then played the victim that these people won't chase after his good grace, that's his problem. Maybe having such an egotistical candidate wasn't such a good thing after all.

What lie was told about Ted's electoral wins?

can he really deny the delegates though because he doesn't endorse? can't the delegates chose on their own now that the primary is over?

>It takes a special kind of retard to think that a man who called the senate majority leader a liar to his face is an establishment stooge, while the man who has funded the establishment and is currently endorsed by them is not.

Bear in mind that yesterday this black sheep who dared stand up to the senate majority leader expected delegates to go against the voting results and back him because...?

Right, because he's the first 'real' conservative with the most delegates

The rules don't apply to Lyin' Ted, but unlike the other milquetoast losers in the Stupid Party he can't even figure out how to get in the favor of the bigwigs

That's not the issue. The issue is that he promised to endorse the nominee, and put his name to paper as well as saying he would on national TV live.

That's because at that point they were trying to steal delegates from Trump and rob him even though he was obviously winning the vote.

Someone summarize what rato actually did tonight, I heard he stopped short (of an endorsement). I tried a few minutes of his opening stuff but it's just too maudlin and I'm lazy.

in Ted's case especially I really don't hold a withholding against him; there were extensive personal attacks both ways, it starts to go to manhood at some point.

The Iowa thing, where Trump suggested over and over that not only was Carson deprived of votes but that Trump himself would have won had not Cruz gotten his margin of victory through fraud. Yet Carson never had the level of support from which he "fell off'" (there was little evidence that the niggling issues of the campaign tweets or mailing had a real-world impact); Carson in fact over performed from how he polled previous. Everybody did EXCEPT for Trump. Because as we all learned the longer the primary went on, Trump was weakest in closed caucus states. Trump simply lost, and slimed the winner for winning.

Also the Colorado thing, to pin it on Cruz that there was no primary (Cruz had nothing to do with it), that this was done knowingly to stop Trump (the CO was a meaningless beauty contest that would have had no impact in the caucuses that would follow, so there was no effective change in the way CO selected delegates from years before), and that Cruz was beneficiary of the state organization's bias which gave him an unfair advantage, when what Cruz rather did was organize his supporters in that state very early on (because when he came up with his delegate strategy he was positioned to be a candidate running AGAINST the advantages of establishment support) and ran hard to win it.

It was the duty of the delegates to reject the choice of the mob in favor of liberty.

They failed and nominated a progressive who managed barely a third of the Republican vote before he was running unopposed, including all of the democratic crossover votes.

>A republic, if you can keep it.

I don't know if Trump would have won or not. But Cruz totally fucked Sleepy Ben.

As for CO, I got the impression that Trump was just pointing out the problem with the CO primary, and that Ted had no problem with a system that allows you to buy votes.

There was no problem with the CO caucus.

Trump ignored the state and unleashed his Alinskyite followers to portray the idea that people had been cheated.

It was arguably brilliant, given its effectiveness in advancing the progressive agenda. Completely baseless in reality, but liberals don't operate in reality.

Trump didn't complain about any of the caucus states he won as being "unfair."

Liberals gonna liberal.

>There was no problem with the CO caucus.
Except that it isn't ethical that you can buy delegates vacations and the like in exchange for their vote.

B3KUZ M3mEs

>But Cruz totally fucked Sleepy Ben.
No he didn't. Carson exceeded expectations in Iowa compared to how he was polling before the election. Were it true that "Cruz totally fucked" Ben, Ben would have had to have some significantly more percentage points than he ever showed he did. But polling for Iowa proved to be very accurate (it being the first to vote, and consequently being polled a fuckton). And for all the whining we got of politicians over Iowa (Trump, Rubio, Carson himself) not once did any of them (or any media organization) stick around for a day or two in Iowa to find, interview or otherwise throw the spotlight on any of those voters who felt they were mislead.

It was a kerfuffle blown out of all proportion because there was clear political advantage to be had to deny Cruz the fruits of his victory.

Cruz was thrown into the trash because he is a Christian.

>It was the duty of the delegates to reject the choice of the mob in favor of liberty.

LOL

You mean it was the duty of the delegates to reject the choice of GOP voters in favor of an insider who wouldn't rock the boat

That's what makes the Cruz implosion so funny, after painting himself as a rebel for all these years he ran back to his GOP handlers the minute he needed help

'Please give me your delegates guys, I know I said some mean things but I'm on your side, really'

You know the real problem now is that the Republicans stand a chance of putting a candidate in office who might actually do something besides act as controlled opposition for this nation's leftward march into oblivion

This wasn't part of the plan

Lying Ted is a hypocrite on a whole different level.

Also:

YOU CRUZ YOU LOSE!

You're confusing two things; the caucuses of Colorado and the narrative what formed for unbound delegates going into the convention. Caucuses aren't about bribing people, they're about identifying your supporters and getting more of them into small rooms than the other guy. Cruz worked at it in the traditional way because he was an underdog candidate with a good deal of support on the ground; Trump didn't and played the angle that his loss was unfair

You guys have gotten a lot of mileage out of these lies.

Saul would be proud.

>no he broke his pledge
What pledge was that?

youtube.com/watch?v=FDiZ5HW2wqU

Sources, as always are provided.

When the mob's candidate barely got a third of the vote including all of the democrat crossovers?

When the mob's candidate was more hated than Hillary Clinton throughout the entire primary?

Absolutely.

Democracy is poison. Unfortunately you and your fellow travelers have undermined every last safeguard preventing you from destroying the republic and we are now left with the choice between two progressive democrats.

>Republicans stand a chance of putting a candidate in office

I honestly can't decide who I hold more in contempt. The progressive shills that were driving this train, or the useful idiots along for the ride.

The Republican party is a private organization. You dindus feelz that it belongs to you and they should run it the way you want it run.
Get off your lazy ass and start your own party.

Same basic idea to you autistic Libertarians. You go to the start line for the marathon, get in a cab, go to the finish line, and cry when you lose anyway. Start at the beginning and build support, like Palin did. But you won't, because very few of you get off the couch.

Ted is the last Constitutionalist.

>When the mob's candidate barely got a third of the vote including all of the democrat crossovers?
You mean one man out of 17 candidates, right?

>When the mob's candidate was more hated than Hillary Clinton throughout the entire primary?
And despite being hated, she won her nomination. What's your point? Should she not get the nomination because she was the most hated candidate in her party, despite having the majority of votes?

>Democracy is poison.
You're just a butt blasted loser.

>I honestly can't decide who I hold more in contempt.
Start with yourself. Thinking that people who don't think exactly like you do are either stupid or manipulated is pretty arrogant.

Everyone hates him

Not a team player

>supporting the guy who got $2 billion in free air time from the liberal media
>claims someone else is manipulated

Keep chugging that koolaid, trumptard.

Fuck didn't realise who that was. I always thought she was a bit of a swamp donkey in the show, but would definitely bust a nut on her.

>mfw I use what she's wearing as my jizz mop

From tonight he's legendary cruz.

I never claimed anyone was manipulated. I claimed that you were arrogant. And you wouldn't have given a shit if Cruz (or whomever you supported) managed to pull the same stunt, instead of Trump.

Nice try putting words in my mouth.

He didn't have to speak. If he couldn't give his support he should have graciously declined the invitation. Instead he made an ass of himself and got btfo.

It might have something to do with that pledge he signed swearing to support the Republican nominee.

He never intended to honor it, every minute from then to now was one persistent lie. Lyin' Ted strikes again.

I wouldn't support any candidate who relied on democratic crossover votes and retards to support a progressive agenda.

I'm only interested in liberty.

You scumbags are guilty of treason against the republic and humanity.

You mean the one Saint Donald of the Mango abandoned in March?

>When the mob's candidate barely got a third of the vote including all of the democrat crossovers?

I'd love to see you watching a boxing match

'Wel-wel-well if they hadn't stopped the fight early my guy who got the shit beat out of him through five rounds would have come back and knocked the other guy out in nine'

Of course you show your true colors when you say democracy is poison

Then why hold all these primaries? Why pretend that the 'mob' has a say?

The truth is that the mob is only a mob when they don't follow the script, otherwise they're smart Republican voters who know how to nominate an 'electable' (i.e., milquetoast RINO) candidate who serves the interests of everyone but the voters themselves

Cruz maggots are especially difficult due to their lack of social awareness, they see their candidate as a black sheep who stands up to the establishment, then when an even blacker sheep comes along, Cruz suddenly becomes a model establishment candidate, except where normal people would see how that might alienate potential allies, autists just scratch their heads and wonder why no one rallied around the turncoat Cruz

But hey, let's call Trump a progressive plant a few more times, I'm sure that'll endear the voters who think the GOP is a living joke to the party

Again, the GOP, Cruz included, is just the Democrats' rearguard. Too cowed to stop the ride and too entrenched to get the fuck off

"You're all a bunch of fucking assholes.You know why? because you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me you need people like me so you can point you're fucking finger and say thats the cuck. So, what that make you an Alpha? You're not Alpha you just know how to hide how to lie. ME I dont have that problem ME I'm always the alpha even when I'm a cuck. So say goodnight to the cuck! theres a cuck coming through you better get out of his way!"

-Ten Cruz while leaving the 2016 Republican National Convention
youtube.com/watch?v=dW37AGZ0Pj0

Neo-Sup Forums is literally R*ddit

everyone should just fuck the fuck off back to r/The_Donald

Then vote Johnson, or write in Cruz. Or do literally anything else but bitch.

>he thinks this is a counter argument

Thanks for proving my point.

>let's call Trump a progressive plant a few more times

Why not? What else would you call someone who thinks that health care, education, and housing are among the most important responsibilities of the federal government?

Honestly, you people would get more respect if you were just honest about the kind of government you support. You're progressives. We get it.

Lying about it only makes people dislike you even more.

All you faggots that hate on Cruz are just mad he was the only candidate speaking out against LGBT.

What did Ted do?

Johnson is the shittiest libertarian candidate in history. He's actually competing with trump on who is the more pathetic candidate.

>write in

Give me a break, faggot.

Give this bullshit a rest.

You nominated a fucking democrat. Fucking own it already.

The pledge from the first debate saying that the who ever doesn't win will not run a third party and steal votes from the Republican party. Best stay out of this echo chamber.

Decided to be the only divisive personality in an event that was supposed to be about unifying the party.

Then he got booed so hard that security removed his wife from the convention floor, and Ted said it was Trump's fault, because he approved the speech, giving Ted enough rope to hang himself.

I didn't nominate anyone. Didn't even vote in the primary, as I was in KS, and working during the 10am-3pm window.

Jesus, link?

I didn't watch it because I figured it'd just be a bunch of faggots who radically opposed Trump suck up to him and pretend they had his back since day one. Also I hate Paul Ryan with a passion.

Sorry you had to waste such good arguments on a cunt who won't process them, user.

Thanks for making them though, they were a fun read. Glad people like you exist

Don't have a link. Plenty of info here, though:

"Okay if I give this speech that will destroy me politically?"

"I...guess? Sure, why not."

>Should she not get the nomination because she was the most hated candidate in her party, despite having the majority of votes?
No, because she's a felon, and she lied while standing over the bodies of her victims.
Self-respect is a liability to democrats.

"I guess I should look mad, help me out son."

"HOW'S MY MAD FACE DAD?!?!?!"

>Honestly, you people would get more respect if you were just honest about the kind of government you support.

Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it?

You, among the other GOP bootlickers, would rather hand the election to Hillary with another empty suit like Cruz than endure the real chance of winning

Because, just like our Republican Congress of the past 6+ years, it's much easier to do nothing and complain about how you'd turn this ship around if only you had just a little more help

Of course when the insiders say this they mean donations but when you say it you mean some model conservative leader, problem is you think the GOP is going to let you have that, well that would stop their pity party, wouldn't it?

The funny thing is I support a lot of the same things Cruz supports, in many ways he could have been that model leader, except he's a cardboard cutout with zero social awareness and the rotten stench of the Beltway permeating through his greasy hair and fake-ass smile

You can ridicule Trump all you like but the fact of the matter is that people like him because people like you hate him. He's earned the hatred of establishment Republicans (including Cruz), establishment Democrats, the media, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, etc., etc.

If you, among these groups, didn't want the people to elect someone like him then maybe you shouldn't have spent all your time and energy trying to fuck the people over so much

This had nothing to do with keeping his word or sticking to principles. Remember when he was Trumps best friend until he turned on him when the time seemed right? He's just taking a bet (a good one) that Trump will lose in embarrassing fashion.

Conservatives are dream world delusional.

>establishment Republicans (including Cruz)

Trump financially supported actual establishment Republicans, like Mitch McConnell, while Cruz called him a liar on the senate floor.

You people are fucking pathetic.

You'll get the government you deserve. Unfortunately you're dragging the rest of us down with you.

Yeah. With Cruz, we would have won. He started like a more RINO-y Rand Paul, and wound up trying to be a more libertarian Trump.

Even if he had won the nomination, I wouldn't have voted. If Hillary won due to that, so be it.

>hillary supporter working toward hillary victory

Totally shocking, bro.

Me not voting does not mean that I support Hillary. It means that I don't support either candidate.

And aren't you just proud as fuck of Ted?

Didn't work out for him so well in the primaries, now did it?

Holy shit the rats
are in full damage control mode tonight HAHAHA

His Canadian ass for booed straight out of history tonight, feels amazing

That's just the shit icing on the shit cake that they baked themselves all day.

>selfCuzifiction.png.

Or like Bernie immarite?

You can do that without going to the convention to speak. Look at Jeb!