Can someone explain what people mean when they say a show or film is "reddit"

Can someone explain what people mean when they say a show or film is "reddit"

Explain the deep lore behind the reddit hate.

Reddit likes quips and pollitical pandering.

>guardians of the galaxy
>rick and morty

See Joint and Flick on the chart here.

Sup Forums is all about kinography.

Self-referential humor
4th wall breaking
puns
pop culture references
talking. like. this. for. emphasis.
quirkiness

The newest trend seems to be reviving dead childhood fads. Because where a non-redditor remembers something from their childhood they forgot about, they go "huh, that existed. That was cool." where a redditor goes "huh, that existed. Let's give them their own show it'll be so nostalgic!"

So the infamous quips such as "I am Groot" and "Wubba lubba dub dub" would be very reddit?

If you have to ask...

To be reddit is the average Sup Forums poster's greatest fear. Image is very important to the average Sup Forums poster and he works hard to define the mediocre and easily entertained as separate from himself. It's pretty odd when you think about it since this is an anonymous imageboard. Ever wonder why people are quick to yell reddit but not say facebook or 9gag or any other site? It's because the average redditor and Sup Forums poster have a lot in common. That's where that fear of association comes from.

case and point: szechuan sauce

This is what happens when you don't care whether you appear reddit.

they don't like it

>XD

I love reddit and browse it every day. Give me your username and I could add you on it if you'd like.

If a movie or show has a catchphrase or mascot you could put on a T shirt, it's made for Reddit. Redditors will spend $30 on a WUBBALUBBADUBDUB shirt so they can get a whopping 50 upvotes for a selfie of them wearing it.

Reddit = the cool, popular kids having a life and enjoying it

Sup Forums = The bitter loser who hates the above

Edgy, artsy or original only in a very superficial way that anyone who finished highschool should be able to see through. Like Boondock Saints.

Reddit = Marvel TV shows, John Oliver show, Rick and Morty

That type of pop culture infused wacky humor usually filled with loud noises and bright colors too. Also thinking they're badass and fighting against the establishment when they actually support it and fight for it.

Anything that makes them feel smart and/or smarter than the average joe. They're the definition of the dunning kruger effect. Also anything pseudo-intellecual will get them off like no tomorrow

Accusing things of being "reddit" is something that newfriends do because they don't have anything valuable to contribute and have no idea how Sup Forums works, but they desparately want to fit in to our "secret club" and believe that by accusing random things of being "reddit" they can feel like a regular user here.
You don't. You look like pathetic teenagers who discovered this site a year or so ago and still think you're a badass for posting on "le edgy dark site"

>rick and morty
The creator literally posts on Sup Forums but sure

Sup Forums is considered the most Reddit of all the boards. Even Sup Forums and Sup Forums aren't considered as bad.

sup reddit

Sup Forums is considered tumblr you fucking redditor thats only posting on Sup Forums right now because of reeeeedditors lying to moot so more of their fellow redditors could join the board

>Hey guys look at me I'm totally one of you cool kids from Sup Forums lol look at how cool I am for posting here lol 'that's so reddit' see I called it reddit so you know that I must be one of you because only a genuine 4channer would call something reddit lol and I don't post on Sup Forums because that's such a lame subre----- "board" amiright guys lol-- I mean "kek" right!!!!
kill yourselves

I forgot to add you to but go ahead and consider yourself added. The important part is the "kill yourselves" I hope you saw that one

>Sup Forums is considered tumblr
You're just parroting something you saw somebody else say because you think it makes you one of us. It doesn't. You've never even been to Sup Forums. Probably didn't even know Sup Forums existed. So fuck off

Why do you get so defensive of Reddit? It's a shithole filled with cringey and unfunny fedoras, nu-males and neckbeards.

sup reddit

Isn't that Sup Forums

WOOBALOOBADOOBBOOB

Redditors that come over to Sup Forums maybe.

>get called reddit
>get booty blasted and shit out a few paragraphs of seething rage

You havd to go back.

Users here hate Reddit because Reddit is popular and reaps the rewards of that with better camwhores, celebrity appearances, and generally funnier content. Sup Forums wants to be smaller but more genuine and creative, which may have been true at one point, but all the talent has pretty much left the building on any given board. They've gone to Reddit.

Now it's just people who pat themselves on the back for a cred they didn't build or earn and yelling about foreigners.

It's Reddit if you hate it, it's kino if you don't.

Reddit is a meaningless buzzword appropriated by Sup Forums to create some sort of "other" that they can project negativity on to.

>It's Reddit if it's popular, it's kino if it isn't
FTFY

It means faggots who like shitty 'le clever XDD' quips and memes in medias. Liking shit just because of how new and shiny it is, or how it panders to a specific crowd of retards.

That's some of what I define something as 'reddit'.

It's a meaningless insult to use on anything you don't like.

this chart is reddit.
Sup Forums - ironic jokes and memes
reddit - taking the jokes too far

I have see Reddit used far more often to refer to things anons hate than it is used to refer to something popular

Kino is a Reddit term though.

perfect

t. reddit
Sup Forums is the guy in the library playing chess and referencing anime. You didn't even know he existed because you were too busy being a normalfag

see and don't forget this part
>kill yourselves
because seriously....
kill yourselves

You have convinced me. Reddit is so frkn epic. I love Reddit and Szechuan sauce now! Loooooool

yes, you're right it is. Now go back to /r/Sup Forums where you came from

Normies

Baby Groot! LOOooool

sup reddit

lol this. i just read the first sentence and move on with my life

Sup Forums?
ah you mean Sup Forumsmblr
yeah that board turned into tumblr after Homestuck and Korra got popular.

It means "I have nothing to say".

So Sup Forums is a fucking loser.

quads dont lie

>Sup Forumsmblr LOLOL get it because I saw somebody call it Sup Forumsmblr once so now I call it /c/omblr too even though I've never been there and even though the subre---- "board" isn't tumblr at all and regularly has threads about identity politics taking over comics but LOLOLOLOL!!!!11!!1!
>I'm one of you guys now right?
no. Go away

why haven't you killed yourself yet? Do I have to say please?

On Sup Forums, Reddit is perceived as a bunch of naive tools who believe that being a nerd is cool. As a result, they're childishly enthusiastic about their hobbies (which they've only barely scratched the surface of), find random humor completely hilarious, and are notoriously pedantic. This is due to the fact that they believe that nerds are some kind of "cultural elite" simply because their interests aren't completely mainstream.

BUT, since they don't see themselves as particularly alienated by society, they haven't developed the pleb/patrician paradigm, unlike Sup Forums. Consequentially, they also have the prudish, politically-correct mentality that goes with the delusion that they can still be normal members of society and accepted by potentially anyone, or that they have moral standards to uphold. This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.

Anything that's popular, fun, entertaining and good. You know, the stuff that you can't be allowed to be seen liking by your fellow "film experts".

obviously you damned normie. and we are so fun to hang out with some normalfag like you even wants to hang here. what happened to playing sports with your faggy bros

sup reddit

It's the ultimate strawman. It's just a boogyman to attack.

I browse reddit's legal advice and personal finance subs every day at work cause I don't wanna risk going on Sup Forums. Good reads sometimes, but I understand the hate.

Been browsing Sup Forums since I was like 14, 24 now. I think a lot of the hate stems from the overly politically correct environment, the beating of jokes into the ground when they weren't funny to begin with, and the username shit. The fact that people type a post and someone looks at their post history and comments based off that is the gayest fucking shit I have encountered online.

I don't know if Reddit was always like this, but goddamn if it isn't annoying. You can instantly see subtle ways of speech differing between a Redditor and Sup Forums native. Unfortunately a lot has leaked into Sup Forums culture so now it's harder to differentiate.

Saw some faggot say "sacrifice digits to kek: 777777 shadilay" on some thread in the legal advice sub and I'm not even mad anymore that they have no idea what dubs are. Dumbass polniggers ruined this website for everyone with that shit.

One of the better posts ive seen lately regarding what reddit is, especially the second half. I can spot it from a mile away but i have a hard time articulating what it is exactly. Its like they try to dangle on both sides of society and get the benefits from both.

sup reddit

>the beating of jokes into the ground when they weren't funny to begin with

BANE POSTING DUBS PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIICK

CHECK EM

Reddit is a good site for mundane discussions of serious topics with normies, as long as you aren't discussing anything controversial (politics etc). A Reddit discussion is like one of those tame discussions you might have with a co-worker you aren't really close with. For banter, humor, daily shitposting, casual chat, and controversial discussion Sup Forums is better. They both have their place.

>case and point
it's case in point

Those are all Reddit and Twitter crossposters.

Reddit is the Wesley to Sup Forums's Picard

Someone has deep childhood resentments.

>Sup Forums
>most reddit
Nah, that's definitely r/tv/ and r/pol/

I never said Sup Forums was innocent either, however there's also the difference between minor variations of a stupid pun like found on reddit comments, and forced memes found here.

Baneposting was not funny to me in the slightest for the first year, then something about the autistic level of spamming whoever the original baneposter was just clicked and now it puts a smirk on my face when I see aiden gillen's face or someone doing the powerstance.

Dubs lost some of their charm once praise kek bullshit started coming through, but a well timed Bateman can completely derail a shitty thread still, and it's always a magical thing to see. Wish I had that pic of some ms paint guy absentmindedly scrolling through Sup Forums, seeing mspaint Bateman getting dubs, then the guy just smiles. That's the magic of it that reddit can't recreate.

On Sup Forums if you make content people call you a shill or tell you to kys, or they try to doxx you and laugh at your Twitter selfies until you give up.

On Reddit, you get a youtube webseries and Reddit calls you better than the last nerd thing.

Its not even comparable.

We seriously made that movie. Its kind of like a premature baby. If you just leave it alone it dies, however if you put it in a incubator and give it lots of love it becomes an adult someday.

I just saw an entire crowd chanting Deshi Basara at Coachella and a room of people doing Bane impressions at my college. Some calling for a Anne Hathaway Catwoman movie and nostalgically remembering many different scenes.

I think Sup Forums made that movie possible because when it came out everyone was saying how awful it was and ending was terrible, Bane was cheesy, etc. But with the amount of memes we got out of that it slowly became one of top 50 movies of all time on IMDB.

That is why I cannot hate that meme.

me on the right

Sup Forums loves memes and sucking Trumps cock, two sides of the same coin

Our fedoras are supreme fedoras m'gentleman.

you on the right

This post right here would be considered reditt core

The more you know ~~*

reddit- retards pretending to be smart

Sup Forums - retards

Or maybe your content just sucks ass.

Fuck off from 4th wall breaking.

It was done right and was a justifiable director trick way before any of your sorry assess were born. Next you edgy contarians will say that Hitchcock's Psycho was also reddit.

As they say, comedy is all about timing.

Sadly, anything that tries to be funny on Reddit is engineered or feels forced. At least Sup Forums keeps the illusion that it's organic and chaotic even though it probably isn't most of the time.

I moderate /r/Sup Forums so ask me anything! haha

this is true redditology my nigga

no not really

Sup Forums: funny, well though out memes and movie discussion with tons of parody and original content, for example:

>baneposting
>raimiposting
>Sup Forums threads
>star wars threads
>JUST
>cunnyposting
>one of the dullest franchises
>what did he mean by this?
>rick and morty/reddit hate threads
>waifu threads
>capekino threads

whilst Reddit produces cringy and stale content and memes that normies regurgitate onto facebook and twitter untill the meme is dead, such as

>le nostalgia!!
>sezuawn sauce
>capeshit
>dance off bro XD
>racism is bad!
>Quentin Tarantino is the best director EVER!
>interstellar is a masterpiece
>dude weed XD
>whats wrong with Jews?

more accurate than you deserve

I never understood the "what did x mean by this?"

I'm sorry redditor but everything you've listed in the top part is reddit except for cunnyfag, Sup Forums and waifu
The fact that you started off with reddits favorite meme is very telling too

Why does reddit roleplay as Sup Forums

you;ve never been to reddit I see and that may be commendable but unfortunately it renders your opinions totally irrelevant

quite a predicament you are in rn

they think Sup Forums is cool ofc

little do they know

To me something being "reddit" never really meant anything because on Sup Forums it's literally used as a derogatory term applied to anything and anyone you personally disagree with. Another buzzword like triggered or cuck which has lost its actual meaning ages ago.

Personally I dislike reddit because it reminds me of a massive circle jerk, even worse one than some tripfags on Sup Forums are to blame for. It creates an atmosphere of peer pressure and echo chamber because having an opinion different to that of a mod or few autistic faggots who monitor every single thread on their favorite subreddit means your post will be instantly flushed down the toilet with bunch of dislikes. You might argue that the user based moderation of likes and dislikes promotes originality or intelligence but we all know by now that it's not the case and just because something appeals to the widest masses possible doesn't mean it's actually decent in any sense. It simply invites bunch of idiots repeating same overused sentences, jokes and arguments that in the past got rewarded with likes.

Sup Forums might have most retarded posters in universe who will call you a nigger and a faggot while shitposting using nothing but their ass cheeks but at least your thread is always visible to others and at its best this place is much better and interesting than leddit.

They don't think r/Sup Forums is the actual Sup Forums do they? They know Sup Forums is at Sup Forums.org right?

>tfw there's only one word for film, movie etc in your language

This reddit witch hunting and name calling is just an extension of muh secret club faggots, people like these existed back in 2008 when I was being called a newfag by same type of snowflakes.

Yeah, any of those things can be good "if done right" dummy. That's not the point.

i browse reddit and Sup Forums simultaneously

t. every single user on this board including me and whoever's reading this

On here? It means "has any humour or comic relief at all"

why would they hang around here?
what does Sup Forums have that reddit doesn't?

Stop assuming your insecurities on others. The only time I browse reddit is to check how butthurt AMD drones are with each failed release that gets mixed reviews. To this day I don't even have an account, same applies to facebook and twitter.

I think your Sup Forums character is perfectly apt, but Reddit would be more like the chubby, clingy girl who tries to be quirky and zany but has no real sense of humor or charm.

They're both hot topic dorks covering acne and anxiety-sweat with some shitty affected persona, but Sup Forums is an edgy, empty threat and Reddit is an Invader Zim backpack.

The cool popular kids don't really drape themselves in fantasy fiction consumer culture because they aren't dysfunctional people.