Whats the verdict on Green Room...

Whats the verdict on Green Room? I thought it had amazing practical effects for an indie film but the directing was retarded at some parts, especially the whole ambush plan near the end

It was fun as a horror movie when they're all scared for their lives

The jarring moodshift when they went full Rambo broke the movie for me.

I thought it was a great thriller, imogen poots was a top qt
>inb4 some Sup Forumstard starts complaining about neo nazis being the villains

The violence in this movie was pretty tame compared to what Sup Forums made it out to be.

Geeky punk babe by Poots is awesome !!!

Wasn't as depressing as everyone made it out to be but I liked it

Maybe it's because most of us hyped it too much, but I can take violence pretty well, and this movie (specifically the door scene) made my stomach churn.

>please don't call out my leftoid masturbatory fantasy for what it is

Its jarring because leftoids are actually limwristed faggots capable of no such thing IRL

Good movie. Definitely worth a watch. I wish there would be more heart racing thriller movies like that.

these

Finally watched it a few weeks ago. Everyone seemed to be holding their panties in a bunch for the violence and grim tone of the film.
Not really that bleak. Overall, entertaining, but not worth a rewatch desu.

>genre-subversion genre is reddit tier
Shit flick desu.

that fucking door scene god damn it

it was a fine movie. not really about anything, but decent I guess. shit ending, hated that chick being a stupid bitch for no reason despite all her and that dude went through

Blue Ruin is waaaaaaay better.

Anybody else hated how the toughest guy in the group was the first to bitch away and that he had the shittiest death? Would have been good to have him dying while fighting.

I honestly thought he'd get up and shoot one of the guys driving the van, since they said they would let him bleed out

le nazis are le evil liberal propaganda by some retarded students who've never worked a day in their life.

He had his moment. I think it was way shittier that greenhair just got fucked up by a dog. He didn't get to do anything.

'too slow!'

Damn, shotgun guy sure showed him.

Green hair fucking sucked, at least jiu jitsu looked badass

It had a lot of flaws, but overall it was really fun. Macon Blair truly deserves the recognition he's getting.

I thought it was one of the best films of 2016. Solid 8.5/10.

The directing was exceptional. I mean, far, far, far better than what we're seeing in most movies these days (the sense of world building and details was great). The script was basically flawless thriller writing. You had characters, both antagonists and protagonists, with solid motivations that constantly put them in a battle that upped the ante over and over. It also did a fantastic job of gradually revealing the characters plans and objectives which added more and more tension.

It was way, way better than I was expecting after reading the premise and having seen Blue Ruin.

Why the fuck didn't they show us how the band girl died? We saw extremely graphic depictions of the other 3 guys getting fucked up, but they can't show us the girl being eviscerated by a dog?

BTW they shouldn't have killed her with a dog, green hair was enough for that, they should have killed her with a hail of bullets to the stomach or something