Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex!!!FACT!!!

In the run up to the release of the live action GITS movie, which I ended up liking, I picked up a bunch of GITS items to re-familiarize myself with the property.

Got GITS, GITS: Innocence, GITS The New Movie on Bluray and a copy of the original manga collection.

GITS is of course a classic but in hindsight it feels as if Mamoru Oshii cherry picked bits and piece of the manga and bolted to his heavy handed interests in philosophy and existentialism. Despite that it's a great movie but Innocence feels like Tim Burton's Batman Returns or Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin, a movie where the Director went to far into his own personal aesthetics. I do think it's a good flick but without the Major it doesn't have the same dynamics as the first one did which isn't helped by the pacing and longwinded philosophical monologues with little in the way of action.

GITS The New Movie was well made and entertaining but didn't do a lot for me although it felt slightly closer to the comics. However, last week I picked up season one of GITS: Stand Alone Complex and LOVED. It felt like a proper adaptation of the comics although the Major behaves closer to her 1995 big screen counterpart. After seeing al 26 episodes it didn't feel like there was a single dud, even if I liked some better than others, while the Laughing Man plotline was excellent.

THIS is what a live action GITS needed to be, a smart cyber-thriller, R-rated and loaded with gore and nudity which are the only two things keeping GITS:SAC from God-tier status.

I was soo impressed that I bought GITS:SAC 2nd GIG, so, what did you all think of the first season and do you think I'll like the second as much?!? Also, thoughts on the live actions film and other adaptations would be welcomed.

Oh and I FUCKING ADORE the Tachikoma's who are CUTENESS MAXIMUS!!!FACT!!! Tachikoma

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WoLkrtbyAlA
youtu.be/c3FF0hxYVzE
youtu.be/XESreJjGx-I
youtu.be/EIVgSuuUTwQ
youtu.be/WqhDFYSlj0U
youtu.be/MK1g5dMYR3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are way too enthused and happy to fit in here.

i didn't like the art design much

The second season is GOAT
majors outfit in the first season is fucking retarded

>CreepyThinMan
>happy
>ever

That being said it's nice to see him giving a positive review for once.

My only problem was the outfit the Major wears throughout. I wouldn't normally complain about slutty android fuckbots who are scantily clad but it looked out of place within the tone of the show.

I'd LOVE to see a bright, colorful take on the material similar to Cutie Honey (also about a cyborg chick), crossed with Charlie's Angels featuring lots of lesbian sex and rivers of gore!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/WoLkrtbyAlA

The SAC/2ndgig series is my favourite
The world and character building is great
There is a new series coming from the same director

that bugged me too but i mostly mean the colors and general design. paled in comparison to both oshii's adaptions and the manga itself imo, and in some ways looked like it was trying to cut a poor middle line between them

Stand Alone Complex is true GitS, true kíno. It's BvS of anime.
All others are for pretentious rëddit autistic hipsters who make those horrendous video essay memes on YouTube. Kill it with fire. I mean it's not a sin to like them, but they are decent at best, especially first movie.

youtu.be/c3FF0hxYVzE
youtu.be/XESreJjGx-I
youtu.be/EIVgSuuUTwQ
youtu.be/WqhDFYSlj0U

go shill elsewhere faggot

Don't watch the scarjo movie
just trust me its garbage

>torrent 20gig rip of the 26 episodes of SAC the other day
>computer isn't good enough to play 750mb per 20 minutes files

Yeah and I'm liking that she's got the blue hair and a more, shall we say, appropriate outfit. Gotta love the use of Inner Universe as the first seasons theme song!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/EIVgSuuUTwQ

2nd gig has the better opening

How low are your specs? I'm legitimately curious

heard this blu ray was terrible for some reason

too bad she died ....

Would have been fine torrenting the 8gig rip of SAC and 2nd gig but comments say some of the episodes are fucky and incomplete

It just feels like my brain got an injection of sugar and it's soo rare that I get that feeling these days!!!FACT!!!

Yes it is. And ending song.

It's not your PC. If you can run Win7, you can run pretty much every video file that's not raw data or 1:1 remuxes.

Link the torrent.

yeah, what's your media player setup?

It wasn't that bad but, yeah, I would have FUCKING KILLED to see Gaspar Noe Direct a live-action movie with Alex Garland and Charlie Brooker scripting!!!FACT!!!

If they do another season, I have the PERFECT theme song right here!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/MK1g5dMYR3s

[OZC]Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Complete Series Batch + Bonus Materials

I'm fairly certain it is the size of the files. I've had the same problems when watching pretty much anything that has a dense filesize:length ratio though - video gets choppy and audio starts to lag behind the video

I use Daum mostly but occasionally VLC

I read that too but didn't notice any issues with it!?!

Fuck, I hate magnet links and BTN is down. Pirate Bay is so slow.

Newest version of PotPlayer? What kind of video rendering? Auto-select is internal software rendering, which has been engineered to be fine for most things. Other renderers are for specific circumstances, professional work or Sup Forumsutism.

updating my potplayer now, will see if that helps

just crashed my computer by accidentally opening about 30 episodes at the same time

I absolutely hate Major's outfit in Standalone. My fav is what she wears in Arise.

I just dont like how sluttt she looked and true, her outfit didnt match the tone of the show.

was set to VMR 9 Windowed but auto select didn't do any better and VLC /GOM/WMP aren't doing any better either

my computer's just old man, always having random problems but usually I an just adapt. With this issue I don't think I can force it to play a file that's it's incapable of processing. Think I'll just have to settle with the defective torrent, beggars cant be choosers

The best part is the video is still trying to play the intro but the episode is like 2 minutes in with the major having a conversation

It's heavily compressed and your dual-core can't cut it by itself.

Go to filters -> Enable DXVA to offload some onto your GPU.

it's working now, why the fuck wasn't my GPU helping out before

Because that would burn out GPUs all around the world. Well, not really, but it's unnecessary and aging strain on hardware. Glad it's working for you.

Trust me, I was in the same boat many years ago trying to watch a bluray of The Dark Knight on my Phenom.

Well thank you, hope I can finish the series before my PC catches fire

Anime is great isn't it

I just watched the first movie. It was really good and it made me realize the new movie is a pretty good adaptation, but isn't there an anime too?

>want to kill parents
>turn myself into huge battle tank
>drive across country to were my parents live

One of my favourites