>MY MOTHER, lex has her!

damn, really got to the point

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hdThNznR8do?t=141
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you mean.... Martha?

How did batman know?

>implying Supes didn't say Martha to trigger Bats like how Bats triggered Supes with Kryptonite.

>He's still THIS BOTHERED by this movie

I really liked how batman didn't bother to investigate clark/superman at all and just impotently raged for 18 months.

DAILY REMINDER SUPERMAN LET ALL THOSE PEOPLE IN THE CAPITOL DIE AND PRETTY MUCH ADMITTED TO THAT

Is it super hero rule that you have to beat each other to the brink of death before you actually just talk about your problems?

fuck capeshit.

Good lord you're stupid.

>says the BvS fan
oh the ironing

PISS JARS ARE THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS

You don't have to be a BvS fan to acknowledge that the movie explained why Superman couldn't stop the bomb from going off.

yes the point of kino

>Implying that Supes didn't actually say "My mother" and Bats just heard what he needed to hear,

>movie people have been looking forward to for over 3 decades
>it's shit
>we won't get a do over

Yeh why they mad doe

>Batman raises spear
>goes to plunge it into Superman's face
>Superman in his last moments blurts out,"you're letting him kill my mother"
>takes the spear in the face, dies
>Batman wonders who his mother is and how the fuck he's supposed to find her

maybe superman should have just let batman get in his face at the beginning to hear him out instead of shoving him fifty feet and starting the fight

Why does Superman actually have to constantly be on the lookout for bombs and shit instead of being fast enough to do something about it when the unexpected happens?

>Batman shrugs it off and goes home
>gets back to branding criminals and blowing up cars with the peace of mind of knowing that he just saved the world from Superman

>I'M GONNA NEED ORANGE SLICES!

Why didn't instead of fighting he just call Batman on a phone and explain everything about Murtha?

>super speed
>indestructible
>x ray vision with super hearing
Yeah he was completely incapable of stopping the bomb.

>IS SHE WITH YOU?
>I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH YOU
>*record scratch*

This is the same board that has been baneposting, daily, for a full half-decade.

I'm sure "bothered" has nothing to do with it, probably yet another shitposter trying to see if they can make this one stick.

>x-ray vision

The chair was lined with lead. He couldn't see the bomb.

Could he not hear it? Could he not see the explosion the millisecond it detonated?

Why was it lined with lead? How did Lex know Superman can't see through lead?

But he could see the wheelchair exploding, also why didnt it bothered him that there was a jar of piss in the courtroom?

hrhr benis

Because once a bomb explodes, it's too damn late to do anything about it at ground zero, contrary to what Quicksilver may have taught you. For him to have pulled off what he did in X-Men, he'd have had to have been moving at many multiples of the speed of light.

Hey, this is AMERICA. We can have jars of piss on our desk if we fucking want to.

The same reason they somehow knew Superman was from Krypton, acquired kryptonite fragments, and knew it was Superman's weakness - shit writing.

By the time he saw the explosion, the fire would have broken the lead barrier. I think at that point, the room is fucked, if not the building, given impact from the bomb would've liquefied organs of people near it. The blast would be channeled by the hallways and such and then we can talk about structural damage.

This is the genius of the movie though. We're having the debate about this here that all the people in the movie were talking about. But Superman answered pretty clearly. He wasn't looking. He fucked up. That's what got to him about the deaths. He was there and failed miserably. That's why he goes off to the mountains.

Is it possible that there could have been a chain of events, given his powers, that he could've stopped it? Sure. But he made the mistake. He's still green, still having things thrown at him that he doesn't know how to deal with.

His mother died on Krypton

At that point Lex had access to more crystal-brando than Supes had. He knew all sorts of shit and if Lois knew it Lex probly had it down. He was spying on everybody.

You do know this is a movie about Superman, right? He flew fast enough to go back in time. but no, this is the "realistic" Superman where he's severely depowered to the point where he's not even Superman anymore.

To block Superman's vision.

The movie doesn't go into how Lex knew. Something he just figured out (and something Lois plainly knew). Its a story gap, but its not really a plot hole

The world knows Superman is from Krypton because Zod told everyone on Earth in Man of Steel. Lex tested the fragments on Zod's body. How is any of that shit?

>This is the genius of the movie though

Hmmm, I can see through everything in this room, but I can't see through that wheelchair. Oh well, I'll just ignore it and not give it a second thought.

>not even Superman anymore!

youtu.be/hdThNznR8do?t=141

It's sort of a given that he's not ALWAYS seeing X-rays, like he wouldn't be able to see people at all by their face and shit.
>Lois is that you? I only see skeletons.

You think he goes around constantly X-raying shit? Like he just walks into a room and takes a look at everyone's underwear, just to make sure no one has a bomb on them?

Destroying the world engine does not make him Superman. Just about any of the Avengers could have achieved the same thing.

How is it genius of the movie when it's basic logic is in question? What you don't get is that people aren't questioning whether or not the parts in the movie make sense within its continuity, but why they even makes sense to be put in the movie. Like that scene has zero tension and is redundant since people and batman already don't like superman.

I think danger detection comes naturally to him like a sixth sense, just how he can automatically hear people calling out to him for help.

Yea because going on trial is just like an everyday kind of thing filled with a room full of inconsequential people, this is a perfect place to just let my guard down.

That's why I said "just about". Obviously the useless Avengers would be killed straight away, but members like Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, and even Cap could have stopped it.

I think the most Superman thing he did in those films was crashing to earth from space after being nuked.

>There's a lot of protestors outside that really don't like me. I even spotted a few Muslims out there. This might be an appropriate time to keep my guard up.

Exactly, this movie's plot required both superman and batman to just be plain ignorant and incompetent in the right moment for it to get to its titular scene no one cared about.

You're questioning if Superman is capable of detecting the bomb and reacting to it in time. He probably could have, but he didn't. His godlike powers do not make him infallible.

The genius is that the news people in the movie assume he must be infallible because of his powers and goes into questioning why he didn't stop the bomb, going so far as to question if he was involved somehow.

Which is the same thing you're assuming here. "He has powers so he never makes mistakes."

A lot of the point of these movies is that he is a person, he is fallible. That's the real point of the Senate scene.

Along with the tension of Lex's plot being revealed by Senator Finch before she's blown to hell.

>superman critics think superman is omnipotent
>hes not
>they are still going to argue.

The point of man of steel and BvS is to show that hes not instantly a superhero and makes mistakes, learns from them and turns him into the proper superman everyone knows. Instead of him being that superhero immediately.

Theres no arguing with these fucktards because they are hypocritical. They think a superhero should automatically be omnipotent and hate on anything doing the opposite because its not "logical" when someone being omnipotent from birth isn't logical either.

Correct. He's not brokenly fast. Thank God for that, because once you introduce it, there's no going back. It's one of the reasons I was happy to see that they even appear to be keeping the Flash's time travel on a real short leash.

>reddit spacing
I tried to read your points but the plebbit was just too blinding

So who placed the jar of piss on the table? Call it nitpicking, but isn't it a bit dangerous just to let anyone place anything on a table with important politicians sitting on it?

I watched the extended edition some months ago (first time I watched the movie) and I have to say that I don't get why so many people hate the movie. It's just another mediocre superhero movie.

Oh, you mean one of the few places people would have to have already passed a security check to even be present? Yeah, I can't imagine letting my guard down in such a situation.

>have to worry about being the defendant in the most important court case in history
>why did this fucking retard let his guard down

?

You're dreaming. The Hulk and Thor could do it. They're on a level power wise with Superman though.

And they wouldn't have their powers being sapped by the Kryptonian atmosphere around the World Engine.

That whole "going into danger" thing.

next time I'll hide it in the Navy SEAL copypasta so you can read it.

Why do people put more thought into Batman v Superman than the people who made Batman V Superman put into Batman V Superman?

Because they put more thought into than you give them credit for. What's Bruce aiming at here and what does that reveal about his psychology?

>implying snyder didnt spend years on this

I honestly think Snyder lucked into some depth when he was creating pretty moments in the film. The writing is really solid. The acting and CGI are pretty shit but it came together alright.

What could he have done in a millisecond? He's Superman, not Doctor Manhattan.

People like to point to the Martha scene and make fun of it, but at least it made sense.

I'm more bothered by the jollyrancher scene.

I love the jolly rancher scene, Lex knows he's the boss and while the senator wouldn't bend over for him that CIA man sure did. He was making completely insane demands and they were just giving him everything, it was pretty great.

Which was stupid because Lex was entirely dependent on them to get anything he needed. If anything, it should have been the other way around.

That said, I've always been of the mind that the scene should have been later in the movie, after the Senate bombing, when he could point to it as evidence of what a threat Superman is(Superman walks into his hearing, the place explodes, and Superman just rockets out of the rubble. Gee, I wonder what could have happened.) and use it as leverage to get the other senators to agree to his plan.

Well nobody else had any kryptonite laying around, did they? He'd basically cornered the whole global market on the stuff. Even Batman had to try and steal it.

I don't know. Someone looking like an aide could probably place that jar there and noone would think much of it other than "Oh, maybe the Senator would like to have something to drink next to her."

The real question is why noone noticed the smell.

It's the wheels in the back, isn't it? He's still making an half assed attempt to take out the car without hurting the people inside but in such a half hearted why that it's clear he doesn't really care if they get hur or die?

Except the Senator didn't ask for any kryptonite.

He didn't ask for anything actually now that I think about it. He just walks up to Lex, says "I think we can help each other out," listens to all of Lex's crazy demands, and then walks off without asking for anything in return. It just seemed like a shoehorned way for Lex to get the kryptonite into the US....which he probably could have done covertly anyways, being Lex.

Though apparently this random no-name senator is a huge fucking deal, seeing as he's able to give Lex completely unauthorized, unsupervised access to an alien spaceship that would presumably be under the highest amount of lockdown and security the United States could manage.

Sorry, but I couldn't help but notice that you completely evaded my question. It's something Snyder himself even says about Bruce's character in an interview, and it reveals a ton about where Bruce is psychologically.

No wonder you are defending this movie, your just as naive and incompetent as the characters

That isn't in the movie though

I think the senator man just wanted to know the kryptonite bullet was on the table. Lex was already apparently supplying arms and shit to covert ops dudes anyway. Maybe they assumed he would just hand over any anti superman weapons he had.

I'm sure Snyder said it was deep, yes. He tries really hard to make really obvious sorts of things even more obvious in the film. I do not like Snyder at all but it was a decent film despite him. I always go into depth on the capekino cause I've been at it a while and there's a bunch of stuff to compare it to. First movie I ever saw in theaters was Burton Batman.

Exactly. He can kill, but only in self-defense, and only with something acting as his middle-man. It's why he can't kill the scum of the earth if he's ever face-to-face with them, but just brands them and hopes someone else will do the dirty work for him.

Now look at this picture and ask yourself what that says about him choosing to make a spear instead of a bullet. Think about what happens in that dream. Shit like this doesn't happen by mistake and it's pretty much more like a comic book than anything that's ever been in a comic book movie.

>Maybe they assumed he would just hand over any anti superman weapons he had.

That seems like an incredibly braindead and unwise move for someone who's apparently moved up high enough to randomly hand out unauthorized, unsupervised access to some of most secure sites in the United States to any random chucklefuck.

BECAUSE he had a working relationship with them already. Maybe he bought someone's campaign or something like most defense contractors do. He was established as being connected to the defense industry.

It's only a mild stretch and not a huge leap.

it's a depiction Michael the Archangel striking down the Dragon, i.e. Satan. Michael in some circles is considered to be The Son before he was incarnate as Jesus. Batman sees himself as a divine, Christ like warrior, destroying the Satan that is Superman. But in reality, it's foreshadowing Superman, the real Jesus figure, striking down Doomsday, who is a weird Satanic pagan blood ritual entity.

He could have flew faster than the explosion travelled and taken the bomb into the sky.

Yeah. Anything strike you as different about it?

That's not how shockwaves work. That instant where we heard the bomb detonate? Everyone in that room just had their insides turned to jelly.

spear/sword

Vision could have done it, Scarlet Witch could have done it, Ant Man maybe, if he turned into a giant or went subatomic...

He has a front row seat at the hearings for the Senate's Superman Committee. He's not a random chucklefuck

Then let's not all this a Batman vs Superman movie. These are two completely different characters that bare no resemblance to their namesakes.

how could superman know that his mother was held hostage and she was called martha as bruce wayn's monther?

makes no sense to me

oh my god more idiotic bullshit from a comic fanboy who probably doesn't actually read any comics

This is clearly the most comic book accurate Batman ever put to film, and Superman is consistent with depictions of him early in his career from N52 Action Comics, Earth One, Birthright, etc.

Flash could make it

What if he travelled faster than the shockwave and saved everyone before it touched anyone?

The level of autism in this entire thread is through the roof. Capeshit was a mistake.

They're clearly doing a meld of Silver-Age strength(there's an article of him stopping an Earthquake on Wally's corkboard) like the Donner movies, and Byrne revamp speed.

I think it's sort of cool that we haven't yet seen him doing Flash-like things like typing at super-speed or being super-fast at running. If you notice, in both movies, no Kryptonian moves at superspeed on the ground without it seeming to involve them sort of gliding with flight. They're faster than people, obviously, but they're not Flash-fast.

That's all that sticks out to you, huh?

>Then proceeds to get fucked by Doomsday when Lex releases him and there's no Superman or kryptonite left to stop him

I would say they are their own ultimate and perfected versions of themselves. They are the real batman and superman.

And that's exactly why Lex had Diana in Metropolis.

There's a lot of depictions with a spear

Lex didn't have Diana in Metropolis. If Lex was manipulating her, he would've said something to her at his party too. He's an egomaniac.

Nice headcanon