Other urls found in this thread:

medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001527.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3 year olds dont give a shit about their gender

I'm new to all of this - can I legitimately just chose a gender now? I don't have to be constrained by the non-existant gender restrictions to be who I really want to be?

Yeah. NOT race, though.

why did Bill let himself become a massive tool for regressive leftist kikes?

because he is one.

You all seem to be confused about how transgenderism works. Would you like someone whose sister is trans to explain it to you?

If not, at least tell me this: do you have the same level of scorn for people with other incurable mental disorders, like schizophrenia or PTSD?

>3 year olds are intelligent and mature enough to decide for the rest of their life what gender they are, causing irreparable damage to their bodies and minds via hormones and operations
>but you can't fuck them because they aren't intelligent or mature enough to decide if they want to cause irreparable damage to their bodies and minds

He got his fame by le 90s kids that all grew up to become leftists. He's just following his followers

BPD women are evil so yes

Nice argument. I'd say trans people suffer from mental illness just like PTSD and schizophrenia and should be treated as such rather than encouraged. Trans people commit suicide just as frequently post op and they do pre op. Think on that, goyim

Like I said I'm genuinely new to all this - I'm aware of transexuals but transgender seems absolutely meaningless to me. If we separate gender from sexuality, how do you define what a gender is? I'm certainly not anything like the man who lives next door, and even more different again to the one who lives on the other side but I would think we are the same gender

>You can choose your gender, deciding to have your dick cut off and other mutilation procedures when you are 4
>you can not choose that you dont want to be gay, which involves non-harmful electroshock and cognitive therapy

>do you have the same level of scorn for people with other incurable mental disorders, like schizophrenia or PTSD?
yeah, especially PTSD since they deserve it for joining the military in the first place

imagine if the preferred treatment for schizos is shaming the public into submitting to schizo delusions

>made good educational videos about science for kids
>this is bad in the mind of a Sup Forumstard

Yes, education is evil! They should all adhere to and be "woke" by memes and Alex Jones instead.

>3 year olds are intelligent and mature enough

A doctor has to approve any treatment with the support of the parents, just like literally every single other mental and physical treatment regimen.

Also, the earlier you start treatment the better the long-term diagnosis. The sad thing is you probably already know someone who underwent the treatment but it was done early enough that no one would ever guess. And that's kind of the point, they want to be like everyone else.

I don't know user, do you have any of these symptoms?
medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001527.htm

And have you talked to a mental health professional?

I don't have gender dysphoria but that link seems to suggest there are only 2 genders, but then the Bill Nye show is suggesting that gender is a spectrum and that's where I get lost

>made good educational videos about science for kids
The 90's were two decades ago and is nothing "educational" about Nye's new show

So forward thinking and enlightened! By the way, feelings matter scientifically

>not realising kids have phases
>tfw your 3 year old son demands to have his dick chopped off and the people surrounding him are supportive of this
Wouldn't you just end yourself?

>I am science. I am infallible. Cut off your penis. Racist.

Just look at This is the future we're coming to, where such a bizarre and backwards idea is being entertained by these lunatics

>Trans people commit suicide just as frequently post op and they do pre op
Because they're trapped in a body that the mind is repulsed by, there's no cure, and treatment is only so effective. Just because something is incurable and treatment isn't universally effective does not mean that it's useless.

>should be treated as such rather than encouraged
>encouraged
It's not 'encouraged,' it's a serious life-threatening mental disorder with a rigorous set of criteria and treatment. It's not 'encouraged' any more than getting treatment for psychosis, bipolar, or post-pardum despression is 'encouraged'

still waiting on the "JUST" edit

Um excuse me, stop being racist

>someone has schizophrenia

>whelp, better give in and tell them to listen to the voices in their head

No because they treat those illnesses by treating the mind - transgender treats a mental delusion by giving into their delusions

>have mental status of pedophile
>given congnitive behavioural therapy
>have mental status of thinking youre a little girl
>given praise

But is the treatment for schizophrenia to indulge them in their delusions??

That's just because no fix has been readily available yet. Did you know there's people out there that cut off their own limbs because they seem alien to them? Body integrity identity disorder. It's definitely a mental illness that defies all logic. So do we chop off their limbs for them, or treat them mentally? I don't see how a man thinking they should be a woman is any different

Leave them to it, let Darwinism do it's thing. Nature takes its course.

Because he's a dumb old dipshit with an engineer degree who spent his life pretending to be a scientists in front of little children. No one in the academia will ever take him seriously, his only shot at relevance is to shill for the heeb

I dont acknowledge delusions of people with schizophrenia. Why should I treat trannies diffrent?

B-b-but i thought it wasn't a mental disorder?

I'll educated you with what little I know.

So first of all, trans isn't a sexual thing. Like I said earlier, transgenderism is to crossdressing/drag like incontinence is to pissing or humiliation fetish. The first is involuntary, the second isn't.

Second, it's not a choice. You're basically born with your sex (chromosomes) and gender (what your brain tells you your sex is). Gender is like an interface between the physical, genetic sex and the concious brain. It stands to reason that because humans didn't have karyograms for 99.9% of human history, there would have to be an instinctive part of the brain that says, "You are X, you mate with Y"

But in trans people (for reasons unknown) the switch is flipped. It's fine until puberty (kids don't have sex characteristics) but then the body starts changing, and the mind is revolted by it. So your brain is telling you VERY EMPHATICALLY that you are a girl, but your (male) body is sprouting hair, muscle, a big dick and deep voice. It's hell for that person.

And it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Some trans people are gay interestingly enough. So you can, for instance, be born male, switch to female, and still be attracted to females.

It might sound strange, but only because we're blessed with a gender and sexual orientation that aligns with our sex. Something we should be thankful for, because transgenderism has no cure, only treatment. Hormones and even surgery don't work for everyone, and GID (the medical term for trans) has a 40% suicide rate over 5 years, which is worst than the majority of cancers

>I'll educate*** you
Yes I see the irony

Do you have any scientific literature to back that up?

no but i have my feelings and emotions

It's funny because race is actually a spectrum

Gender isn't by the way, trannies are mentally ill

>transgenderism is normal
>transgenderism is a mental illness

Ah yes, the new science

Maybe because you are trying to treatment of the sex (you wont change chromosomes, you wont magically become cute little girl) instead of fixing your fucked up brain.

DUDE WHY HAVENT YOU CUT YOUR DICK OFF YET LMAO

That user never said transgenderism is "normal".

I'm so glad this show came out since it overtly showed the truth.
When leftists say "Republicans are defunding science" they jump to bring up global warming. The whole 'le science march' and shit
When you peel back a layer or two the 'science' is like 95% "cultural anthropology" and shit.
To actually have their icon completely show the truth of it all completely on his own accord is top tier tax money for science kino.

>But in trans people (for reasons unknown) the switch is flipped. It's fine until puberty (kids don't have sex characteristics) but then the body starts changing, and the mind is revolted by it. So your brain is telling you VERY EMPHATICALLY that you are a girl, but your (male) body is sprouting hair, muscle, a big dick and deep voice.
It's called schizophrenia. A thing to be treated, not to be celebrated and explained as 'natural evolution'

So in this day and age if someone says they're Napoleon the correct way to treat them is not a mental institution but to give them a bicorne and french lessons?

Name?

Edgy. I hope for your sake you and your loved ones never get a mental illness.

And you do know that most people who get PTSD aren't in the military? They get it from things like car crashes, witnessing a murder, etc.
Idiot.

Hormones are surgery are "treating the mind," my friend. The 'delusions' in transgender people are the same as the 'delusions' in literally every other mental disorder.

>trannies
Not that you care but that word is pejorative (:

We don't 'acknowledge' the delusions, we treat the symptoms. Transgenderism stems from an unknown mechanism is the brain. We can't fix it; we don't even know what clump of nerve cells corresponds to gender. So modern medicine treat the symptoms, with hormones and maybe surgery (most trans people don't elect to get surgery).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

>People with schizophrenia get institutionalized
>People with the gay mental disorder get to roam the streets and prey on the Innocent

Explain this shit

He did not and I agree with him. Which is why I don't want some 40 year old that believes he's a 6 year old girl to be able to piss next to young girls in a public restroom.

>do you have the same level of scorn for people with other incurable mental disorders, like schizophrenia or PTSD?
when they demand for me to treat them like Napoleon, yes

Billie Nye

What kind of restroom does your country have that doesn't have stalls?

Why is a 40 year old pissing next to a young girl worse than them pissing next to a young boy?

>If not, at least tell me this: do you have the same level of scorn for people with other incurable mental disorders, like schizophrenia or PTSD?
Only if they're entitled sacks of shit who demand everyone else pander to their delusions.

You're right next time a schizophrenic walks into my practice I'll tell him all the voices telling him they're out to get him are perfectly valid and that he shouldn't feel any shame if he feels compelled to strip naked in public and take a shit on the supermarket floor

You're sister is a mentally ill faggot and the sooner you start trying to get her the help she needs instead of putting her delusions on a pedestal maybe it'll be in time to stop her from killing herself

It's not any worse it just makes it more obvious that they're a nonce and I don't want that behaviour normalised or supported.

How does peeing in a public restroom make you a child predator?

>Sup Forums goes on about schizophrenia and delusions
>meanwhile they literally believe Jews are a race of interdimensional lizards that are trying to take over the world

Oh and everyone is wrong and corrupt except Alex Jones who is NOT a sensationalist retard whose entire business is NOT based on inflammatory politics. Buy more brain pills, they will make you smarter, goys.

true, it was kinda a curtain pull for all the "i fucking love science" popscience's place in culture

It really pounded home how bankrupt it is and above all how "spiritually" decadent it is (it's blatant poisoning by elite's nihiilistic consumerist hedonism, but with "morty there is no God" fat redditors youtuber shit instead of actual orgies with hot people)

I'm kinda shocked.

>retarded strawman

Does anybody remeber the time when a pedophile doctor forced a boy to be a girl and preform sexual acts with his brother ending with both of the brothers commiting suicide? Transgenderism was a mistake.

Well...he's correct. All animals are sexually-reproducing (with hundreds of caveats, like parthenogenesis). But it's not clear cut at all.

Sex is genetic.
Gender is behavior.

But 'gender' as is traditionally understood falls about in the animal kingdom. There are eusocial animals, for instance, who don't behave like any gender. You have haploid, and diploid, and even polyploid organisms. You have same-sex courtship, mating and even rearing young in hundreds of species across dozens of different genera.

>it's unnatural!
How do you explain lizards with varying numbers of chromosomes? Or colonial animals that remain sterile and asexual for the good of the colony, despite having the chromosomes and equipment to reproduce? Or animals that have both sets of chromosomes and can change sex (not gender, sex) at will? None of those fit the criteria of binary genders, correct?

The bottom line is, gender IS a social construct. If gender is behavior, and behavior can deviate from two genders, then it is a social construct.
>ok it's not unnatural, but its unnatural for humans
Only if you define it as such. Natural shows us that nothing is clean-cut, ever

I'm 28 and I guess I'm not for this world anymore. Congrats, jews, you win this one.

If they want to use a public restroom that much they can use the one that corresponds to their sexual organ. We've already established that they're mentally ill, if their sexuality is so fucked up in their head how do we know they aren't attracted to children?

Wait a minute, can someone explain to me how Bill Nye justifies there being no such thing as male and female using scientific evidence?

Start having gay orgies

Yep. The inventor of the, "gender is a social construct," meme.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Excellent rebuttal! I especially liked the part where you didn't cite anything, based it off "muh feelings," and called me a lunatic, despite the courtesy I showed you by not calling you an uneducated bully

Come back when you have something substantial, Cletus

Gender and sexuality isn't the same thing though.

If some guy was attracted to children to the point where they'd rape them in a public restroom, i don't think a sign saying "Women Only" would stop them.

the way these things are put forth is very selective to a certain end goal

Whites are the evil reason behind all ills, but there's no white people or culture (except when a mexican shoots a black man, then he's white and we know what whiteness is).

Gays are born that way, but heteros are fluid and just need a good dicking (but lesbians are sacred in their man hatred)

goddammit pol was right

falls apart***
nature shows us***

Coffee's wearing off

>people unironically think Bill Nye is a scientist

>3 yr old boy decides he likes to play with barbies sometimes
>sometimes likes pink stuff
>by god he was meant to be a girl
>parents begin treatment immediately

Wow why am I not surprised it being the Current Year and all. We need to start throwing degenerates off the cliffs again.

gender is a social construct, men and women are equal, but if you put pink pants you have a "female brain"

When did jews became so bad at propaganda?

Did victory defeated them?

Start coming to my interracial gay orgies, they're science

Bill Nye the Science Goy

>scorn

The only "scorn" is the result of this shit being normalized and pushed in people's faces, it's not treated as a mental illness by the progressive left. You wouldn't hand a knife to a mentally ill person if they said a part of their body "felt wrong" and wanted to get rid of it. nobody is going to call me a shitlord or attempt to sue me for hate speech because I didn't alter my world view to humor the delusions of a schizophreniac

>6yo
>try out the girl shoes with big heels in the shoe store because I had no fucking idea how girls are able to walk with those
>mum just laughs it off
My life could have been completely different if the doctrine had reached my country by that point

>If someone has condition , we should just assume they also have
>If someone has PTSD, we should assume that they also have Munchausen by proxy
>If someone is bipolar, we should assume that they're also a serial killer

You do realize how intellectually-dishonest you're being, yes?

Also, even if you and people like you keep on with bathroom laws (out of what I can only assume is meanness and not anything grounded in reality) it will never, EVER be enforceable.

You'll have to check birth certificates, or (God-forbid) have a literal penis inspection at the door. Because having worked with these people, I can say that you would never, ever guess they were trans in a million years. Because passing as their gender is literally their only goal in life.

And even if you did catch one poor bastard (for the sin of taking a piss) you would never do anything other than embarass them. Because millions of taxpayer dollars later and maybe a trip to the state Supreme Court, all you've done is ruin someone's life and waste that could have actually helped people in your state.

I'll say it again: they deserve your pity, not your scorn. I just hope you find a more deserving outlet for your misplaced anger than the mentally ill (who've already suffered enough).

"RACE...
>audience in silent expectation
"... ISNT REAL"
>audience claps
"EXCEPT FOR...?"
>(yells) BIG BLACK COCKS!
"That's the right message, Rachel!"

Scientists are all faggots are you surprised?

>the first treatment of an emerging disorder was horribly botched
>over 50 years ago

I'll bet you're just a champion for the victims of lobotomies and thalidomide and not only prejudiced against trans people at all, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Children can choose their gender, for fuck sake Sup Forums.

There's way more than two genders.

>science is used to promote mental illness
What an insane timeline this is.

Not him but goddamn how could you possibly think that was a good reply.

Stop making our side look like strawmen retards.

You guys don't need help with that.

Fucking hell this board is full of trannies now I guess.

> do you have the same level of scorn for people with other incurable mental disorders, like schizophrenia or PTSD?

no because said disorders are treated as such. transgenderism - especially lately - has been treated as a normal phenomenon.

as for if someone isn't old enough to have sex, drink, smoke, or get a tattoo (all things that have effects on a developing body) why should they be allowed to be given hormones?

We're trying to fight off a pol infection and your dumb ass immediatly makes us and anyone concerned about the marginalization of trans people look like retards

You must live in a fucking bubble if you think only Nazis don't give a fuck about trans people and think they're strange.

T H I S
H
I
S

>removing the stigma of a mental disorder like any other so that people can get treatment is the same as 'shit being normalized'
Good, I hope we do that for all mental illnesses. No one should suffer for something they didn't choose to have. Not from PTSD, or GID, or BPD, or any other condition.

>it's not treated as a mental illness by the progressive left
IDGAF how it's treated. Any disease is between a doctor and the patient, and how it's idolized or demonized is irrelevant. It's not a fucking political statement, it's a disorder. Get that through your head.

You can hate so-called 'leftists' (usually a blanket term for people you don't like, unless you're actually using its proper definition?) all you want, but it's objectively wrong and against everything our society stands for to hinder a sick person's access to medical care. I'd actually respect people more if they just said "all mental health is a scam, toughen up pussy" than just singling out GID. Because it means your cherry-picking based on political or personal reasons, rather than medical one.

>didn't alter my world view to humor the delusions of a schizophreniac
Again, you don't have to alter your world view for someone to get treatment. I don't understand what's so difficult about this. Giving someone treatment is not humoring them. Do we "humor" cancer patients by giving them radiation?

But that never happened