Is science driving humanity into making the events in The Matrix a reality?

Is science driving humanity into making the events in The Matrix a reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
explorestemcells.co.uk/stem-cells-same-sex-reproduction.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>and humans could be next

>they've been saying this for 20 years

The Matrix had a stupid premise. Humans consume a shit ton more energy than they produce in body heat.

Is science driving humanity into shitposting on Sup Forums?

>b-b-b-but the m-m-m-matrix is uh mubie!!
No, fuck off. You're not here to discuss the film.

>women will become extinct in your lifetime

Operation Dark Storm when?

BYE BYE ROASTIES

Artificial wombs for humans will probably take centuries to actually get approved. Artificial wombing livestock is probably just around the corner.

Just grow them without a brain and raise them in boxes. Less space, less resources needed, less methane produced

>you will become extinct in your lifetime

Came here to post this.

We finally did it bros

this is mega old news, what do think they did at the DULCE base? look it up

Humans will always be a terrible battery, especially if you leave on the arms and legs.

>10 billion humans.
>Food and water crisis everywhere.
>Fake womb to make even more humans.
Why?

I for one welcome our new machine overlords

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Jesus christ, now women never have to have sex again.

You can't deny the parallels

Why do we need fake womb again?

You mean men will go extinct.

So we can get rid of women and replace them with sex bots?

>Artificial womb
Holocaust on women soon.

now all we need to do is create semen farms and we'll completely eliminate the need for sex. finally the normies will have their day of reckoning.

>I can now make a baby with my sexbot
OH YEAH

Artificial wombs would actually be great for sociological and biological reasons. Women no longer have to spend a year incubating a child, and you can ensure that your child will get off on a great start without having to worry about your roastie whore gf/wife drinking/smoking/eating seafood fucking up your future child's chemistry

Eggs are still necessary. If anything it's men who became obsolete since we already can create sperm.

Males can now be removed and we have a society without war and crime.

>all those roasties and normies at the science march
>science will render them obsolete

to be fair the battery shit was studio execs fucking with the original story

In 100 years we'll fit these inside of sex bots and be able to reproduce with them. Real women will become utterly obsolete.

what was the original story?

If they market it as a way for male same-sex couples to reproduce, they could override a moral issue with another one.

Not him but I think it was supposed to be the humans adding to machine's processing power with their brains

>same sex couples to reproduce
Except only one of them is reproducing because you can't use multiple sperm per egg, and if in the future we could genesplice them together it would be neither of their kids

Would they even need to be animal shaped?

Couldn't we just create cube shaped lumps of meat?

idk. maybe it would help save some species. For example everybody loves pandas but they're fucking destined to go extinct with how they are unwilling to fuck each other.
ty

I recently read an article that was the ultimate plan. Basically just grow the meat. No bones, no organs, just grow the meat in meat farms

We already have the capability to turn a stem cell into an egg cell. No "Gene splicing" about it.

explorestemcells.co.uk/stem-cells-same-sex-reproduction.html

Sounds disgusting

Isn't the panda population recovering though? They're off the endangered list.

Which would be pretty phenomenal if we can implement it on a large scale.

>artificial wombs become a reality
>"my body my choice" no longer has any ground to stand on since the fetus can be removed and brought to term in an artificial womb
>women will have to live with the consequences of their actions
Alternatively, all the unwanted babies can be raised as dedicated super soldiers loyal only to the government.

>Molecularly exactly the same
>I won't eat it because it sounds icky!
People like you are the reason why "real" diamonds are worth more than "artificial" ones.

i had a dream i was pregnant like junior a couple nights ago.

if artificial wombs are a reality i want them to implant it into me so i can bring the first butt baby into the world.

Being honest, I wouldn't give a fuck. Once it's sliced up, packaged and cook, there is no difference. Hell, it's a heck of a lot better than the shit they do now.

How is it more disgusting than what we already have? Dirty filthy animals which drink dirty water, eat shitty food, roll around in their own filth?

If we grow them in meat farms they'd be the cleanest meat any human would have ever ate. Free from disease and contamination completely

I doubt artificial womb is the necessary step in that direction, I am more inclined to believe they'd be better suit for artificially increasing endangered species reproduction. Think about restoring american bison herds to the wild
yes, they are, but it cost an arm and a leg to pull off. If I could just grow those fucks in a lab and be done with WWF and PETA bitching I would do it in a heartbeat.

It will probably be 100 years until it actually costs less than just raising animals.

Why would it come out your butt? Wouldn't it just be in your gut and you'd need a cesarean to get it out.

>muh eggs argument BTFO

>I doubt artificial womb is the necessary step in that direction, I am more inclined to believe they'd be better suit for artificially increasing endangered species reproduction. Think about restoring american bison herds to the wild

What sounds more likely to get funded first:
Meat farms which greatly reduce the cost of making meat
Hippy dippy more bison and other endangered species which do nothing

you still need an egg retard

My mom drank and smoked while pregnant. I want others to know that person from their own mothers. Thank God this robot womb shit will be banned in every cucked Jew worshipping country.

Fag

Read the thread dumbass.

still that mad woman going on about her precious eggs

>implying they wouldn't just ignore it like all the deadbeat dads who dont pay child support

>mass produce beef without having to have all the infrastructure
>no more vegans/vegetarians because all the ethical questions are out of the fucking window, that means the society is now devoid of annoying busybodies
>worldwide hunger massively reduced

sounds good to me.

Bisons aren't limited by reproduction issues. They're limited by space. Giant herds of Buffalo need a lot more space than we have readily available.

user, why would artificial wombs have anything to do with meat-growing?

Just don't "birth" the animal and keep it in the womb until it's mature enough to harvest for meat.

it's obvious what comes first. But I just am letting my imagination go beyond resolving the more pressing issues. At the end of the day nobody needs the fucking pandas or bison. I just always read about how massive the bison herds were and how they were slaughtered to the point of no return, it would just be cool to be able to witness it some day

>worldwide hunger massively reduced
>implying nignogs can afford vat grown meat produced through a highly technical process.

shits decades away from matching regular grown meat prices let alone beating it.

If meat farmed lumps of meat are the solution to get rid of all those annoying vegans then I'm all in

Or just grow the fat and muscles like already mentioned itt.

This, some species in nature don't even have a male sex. Males are merely a stepping stone in humanity and creating a Utopian society.

and fear.

Wait as far as I remember that's exactly what the plot was. Am I missing something?

I doubt you could mess with nature like that. THe organism doesn't suddenly wake up and becomes a sentient being simply because you plugged off the charger

joe's face at 0:44

lol

Tleilaxu scum pls leave.

That won't stop their bitching, it will simply shift their arguments towards health and diet.

wat

isnt like 3/4ths of the food made in breadbasket for cattle and shit?

eliminate all that space and farming and money and holy shit i bet it gets really cheap really fast

even there were 1% men they would still take over and rule the world

In The Matrix they were just used for their body heat. Don't you remember the monologue Morpheus gave when he held up a battery

It the movie, the humans were being used as a powersource. The decision to make this change was based on the public being too stupid to understand humans being used as an array of "CPUs"

>health and diet
If the pure meat is grown in a tube, it would be the healthiest meat known to man.

The space is already paid for, and the grazing grass grows for free when it rains for free. That's what you have to compete with.

>Artificial wombs for humans will probably take centuries to actually get approved.

INTERNATIONAL WATERS
NTERNATIONAL WATERS
TERNATIONAL WATERS
ERNATIONAL WATERS
RNATIONAL WATERS
NATIONAL WATERS
ATIONAL WATERS
TIONAL WATERS
IONAL WATERS
ONAL WATERS
NAL WATERS
AL WATERS
L WATERS

WATERS
ATERS
TERS
ERS
RS
S

the answer to all questions of legality

So basically making more trailertrash low IQ offspring more viable? The human gene pool is already fucked enough.

>grazing grass grows for free when it rains for free

Not true at all. The land still has to be fertilized, maintained, and hit with pesticides. It also has to be harvested and ship.

But artificial wombs for animals would completely eliminate the space needed for raising the animals.

Is that a threat?

Meat has a ton of protein and fat. When compared to vegan diets, you would have to eat a shit ton to match a meat-eater's intake. And unless you workout daily, chances are high that you're a fat fuck or will suffer an early heart attack.

Growing the meat in a tube doesn't make it more healthy, just more clean.

Neck yourself, vegan. Nobody gives a shit

you know that growing meat is inefficient as fuck, right? Once the technology is there there's no way the lab-meat wouldn't be magnitudes cheaper than the farm-grown one.

How much of a cow's mass is the actual meat? How much shit you need to put into a herbivore so it will grow a kilogram of muscle?

nice you can grow your own lamb and sous-vide it in utero

i'm fuking salivating

A cattle ranch does not need to kill bugs. The cattle really don't mind. They live outdoors and eat anything green in front of them. Grass does not need fertilizer, it was here before people got here.

not an argument

roasties about to get BTFO forever

If it gets adapted for human use we can save prematurely born babies and learn more about fetal development

>STILL no gud sex bots

Come on Japan!

The doesn't change the fact that you could grow the same amount of meat in a much smaller meat farm than you could on a regular farm

Animals typically have a high concentration of the things in the vegetables they eat. It's hard to imagine artificial meat having the same level of "vitamins" as real meat, because the only way to reach that point is to feed the fake meet with the same foods that the real animal would eat.

I'm not a fucking vegan, I love meat. I'm simply making my point that vegan will always be virtue signaling faggots, and when it's not about ethics, they will make it about health say shit like "meat is excessive"

>design the perfect cut
>perfect fat/muscle ratio
>cheaper
>far less methane production, drastically reducing greenhouse gasses
>No more cow shit smell on highways when you drive past the most depressing stretches of cows standing in their own shit waiting to die.

What's the problem?

No, but the article posted itt about turning stem cells into eggs is.

But you need male scientists to invent and operate all that shit.

During 9 months of pregnancy, the fetus is affected by every single thing the mother does and feels.
Her diet affects it, the environment she's in affects it, her stress levels affect it, and the baby already starts out with handicaps.
With artificial wombs that will be the thing of the past

lol

>alright thats big enough I think
>one tube that wasnt doing anything before starts finally doing something

You know the fake meat doesn't grow on photosynthesis? Now you have to mow the veggies and process them to feed to the bag veal.

you fell for the meat is bad for you meme.

it's ok back in the 90s they used to try to make us think that dietary fat made us fat when it's actually sugar and carbohydrates that contribute most towards obesity.