Constantinople was taken by the Ottomans on 29 May 1453...

Constantinople was taken by the Ottomans on 29 May 1453. In accordance with the custom at the time Sultan Mehmet II allowed his troops three days of unbridled pillage once the city fell, after which he would claim its contents for himself. Hagia Sophia was not exempted from the pillage, becoming its focal point as the invaders believed it to contain the greatest treasures of the city. Shortly after the city's defenses collapsed, pillagers made their way to the Hagia Sophia and battered down its doors. Throughout the siege worshipers participated in the Holy Liturgy and Prayer of the Hours at the Hagia Sophia, and the church formed a refuge for many of those who were unable to contribute to the city's defense, such as women, children and elderly. Trapped in the church, congregants and refugees became spoils to be divided amongst the Ottoman invaders. The building was desecrated and looted, and occupants enslaved, violated or slaughtered; while elderly and infirm were killed, women and girls were raped and the remainder chained and sold into slavery. Priests continued to perform Christian rites until stopped by the invaders. When the Sultan and his cohort entered the church, he insisted it should be at once transformed into a mosque.
Will Trump turn Istanbul back into Constantinople and rebuild the church?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(1204)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus
nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C-CocsaTfAE
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/04/pentagon-chief-syrian-kurds-aligned-terror-group-pkk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol no brah

Yes magic numbers confirm

Yeah it'll be a pile of rubble with the rest of Turkey within 10 months

Fucking erdoroach.

if they go full civil war, anything can be possible

i will find you and i will kill you mfukerz

We are getting that back. Putin will help us.

Beautiful to see it with a cross on top, and without the arrogant minarets ruining the picture. Does anyone have any decent pictures of reconstructions of how the catheddral would have looked in its prime?

Was there a belltower beside it at one point?

>women and girls were raped and the remainder chained and sold into slavery.
just like one of my japanese animays!

it's just a fucking building who gives a shit

Just like my crusaders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Constantinople_(1204)

it's like calling Jerusalem just a fucking city

the bell is in the middle dome in orthodox churches

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_invasion_of_Cyprus

Are you sure, mate?

Erdogan is probably going to cut all the ties with the EU since the leaders and the media of many EU countries are hypocrites when it comes to terrorism and many other subjects.

The soldiers who took down the Russian jet were arrested and put on trial. They are the soldiers of the Gulenist Terror Organization who plotted the unsuccesful coup in July 15. Most likely they will be sentenced for like 50-10 years. The relations between Turkey and Russia are being normalized and there'll be no problem at all sooner since the two countries need each other.

Turkey, though it's not possible to speculate the exact time, will join Eurasian Union and will nuke all your asses if the WWIII brakes out.

In 5 years, the European Union will collapse. The right-wing governments all over Europe will vote to exit the EU.

Then Eurasian Union will rise.

It is one of oldest and greatest churches in the world. Even as a pantheist I can see how important it is, you americuck should as well.

>you may live in the times of ultimate jihad and ultimate crusade
>you may be part of the retaking Constantinople
>you may shoot in the minarets of Hagia Sophia when your tank-buddies will yell "AVE MARIA, DEUS VULT!"
>A lonly tear may drop from your eye when patriarcha of Constantinopole will celebrate Divine Liturgy in the one of the greatest churches of all time.

A man can dream...

here is what trump has to say about Erdogan.

>Mr. Trump had nothing but praise for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the country’s increasingly authoritarian but democratically elected leader. “I give great credit to him for being able to turn that around,” Mr. Trump said of the coup attempt on Friday night. “Some people say that it was staged, you know that,” he said. “I don’t think so.”

>nytimes.com/2016/07/21/us/politics/donald-trump-issues.html

I dont think so.

just keep on sucking cats, mehmet

DEUS VULT

KILL ALL MUSLIMS

As a devout Kemalist, I don't like Erdogan much but you gotta give credit to him for being such a douchebag and such a strong leader at the same time. He and his party has been ruling Turkey for 14 years and his reign will not end soon.

if anything it will be putin restoring constantinople to its former glory, once he has tricked the t*rkroaches into giving up nato protection literally the only thing holding him back from spraying raid on their whole roach country

The Crusaders looted, terrorized, and vandalized Constantinople for three days, during which many ancient and medieval Roman and Greek works were either stolen or destroyed. The famous bronze horses from the Hippodrome were sent back to adorn the façade of St Mark's Basilica in Venice, where they remain. As well as being stolen, works of immeasurable artistic value were destroyed merely for their material value. One of the most precious works to suffer such a fate was a large bronze statue of Hercules, created by the legendary Lysippos, court sculptor of no less than Alexander the Great. Like so many other priceless artworks made of bronze, the statue was melted down for its content by the Crusaders. The great Library of Constantinople was destroyed as well.[9]

Despite their oaths and the threat of excommunication, the Crusaders systematically violated the city's holy sanctuaries, destroying or stealing all they could lay hands on; nothing was spared, not even the tombs of the emperors inside the St Apostles church.[citation needed] The civilian population of Constantinople were subject to the Crusaders' ruthless lust for spoils and glory; thousands of them were killed in cold blood.[citation needed] Women, even nuns, were raped by the Crusader army, which also sacked churches, monasteries and convents.[citation needed] The very altars of these churches were smashed and torn to pieces for their gold and marble by the warriors who had sworn to fight in service of the Pope without question.

>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]
>[citation needed]

kek t*rkroach is mad

Dude, the guy has been ruling Turkey for 14 years and is the strongest voice in the Middle East although Turkey is under heavy terror attacks especially in the last two years.

PKK have been organizing terrorist attacks since 1980s, and it is backed up by many European countries and the USA. It is a known fact.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-CocsaTfAE

breitbart.com/national-security/2016/05/04/pentagon-chief-syrian-kurds-aligned-terror-group-pkk/

ISIS, created by the USA, is also active in Turkey in the last two years.

Lastly, the Gulenist Terror Organization (Fetö/PDY) inflitrated the government and was preventing both the army and the government from taking the necessary steps to end the PKK.

Now they'are all under arrest. Turkey started bombing the PKK camps again. If USA continues backing up PKK, Turkey might consider closing İncirlik Base and the USA will eventually lose its control in the Middle East.

Then I'll see you talking..

>Turkey might consider closing İncirlik Base and the USA will eventually lose its control in the Middle East.

oh constantinople, it will be so great once the russians take you back from ugly t*rkroaches because stupid t*rkroaches removed the only thing holding them back

what does trump has to do with istanbul ?
you could have said putin at least
mods , do your job , this thread is shit

You have the wrong Vlad on picrelated.

Turkey is the regional power in the Eurasia/Middle East. It is going to become a super-power with its massively expanding economy and population. Along with Japan and Poland, Turkey is going to become a super-power by 2030.

You Canadians will continue watching South Park. And fart.

it literally is

Muslim piece of living filth scum.

Turkey is Christian soil. But you shit stains got a hold of it.

Untill every Turkish muslim is beheaded and deported to join the rest of your shit-eating scum in the middle-east, the EU will not live in peace.

Stop supporting muslim extremist shit.
Stop backing up muslim filth in NATO councils.
Stop banding together with your middle-eastern monkey cousins to push for Islam brotherhood bullshit in every NATO council.

THEN I'll see you talking...

I know symbolically Constantinople means a lot and losing it to the Turks is a point of hurt for the West but It was a hollow shell of It's former self when the Turks took it; many people had left, the city inside the walls was not even fully populated. The only reason the defenders even stood a chance was because reinforcements from outside Byzantium offered help. You wouldn't even want It back now, more people live in the Istanbul area than do in Greece. It's a developing world hive.

Wtf, I hate Turkey now.