Amsterdam wins bid to host EU medicines agency post-Brexit

Amsterdam wins bid to host EU medicines agency post-Brexit

WTF i love the UK now.

bbc.com/news/business-42050742

Give us more jobs UK.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/26/european-medicines-agency-relocation-could-cause-permanent-damage
youtube.com/watch?v=cj8jW9ayEaI
youtube.com/watch?v=XOpxaE8Qsw8
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-20/paris-amsterdam-win-brexit-races-for-london-based-eu-agencies
euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/leaders-tone-down-macrons-call-for-foreign-investment-scrutiny/
youtu.be/3CNeDtZmpjU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Greece
youtube.com/watch?v=GDX31Wg-BAo
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-theresa-may-nafta-membership-donald-trump-trade-deals-eu-a7994016.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MRg2f9RrjcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fake news! UK strong! Rule the seas!

>Amsterdam wins bid to host EU medicines agency post-Brexit
I don't understand this. Shouldn't those EU institutions be given to the developing EU members in order to boost them?

Is Amsterdam really in need of jobs?
Why not put this in a country with high unemployment?

They probably had the infrastructure to do it and the closeness to Brussels.

>I don't understand this. Shouldn't those EU institutions be given to the developing EU members in order to boost them?
Yes, if they cared.
EU is just a tool for germanic tribes to take over europe, unfortunately.

>They probably had the infrastructure to do it
Infrastructure can be build.That would've been an even greater boost.
>closeness to Brussels.
This is the wrong way to do things.Putting everything near the same central point can only lead to division and weakening of the outer rings. Placing institutions trough out the whole territory of the EU will create a natural transitions in all those regions.

none of the employees wanted to move to eastern europe lol

Spain has a 20%+ unemployment.Why not go to Spain?Why pick a country that is doing well?

The Netherlands (17m inhabitants) now have 3 agencies. Italy (founding member, 60m inhabitants and incidentally second biggest pharma country in the EU) has only 2. Less than France, Germany, Spain etc.
As predicted, irrelevant as ever.

All decided by a fucking coin toss after Milan won the first and second round, fuck all this shit.

theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/26/european-medicines-agency-relocation-could-cause-permanent-damage
from the guardian which is about as pro(((EU))) as it gets.

Probably because they need skilled people, spanish unemployed people can’t run the system.

Might sound a bit rude, but I guess it was better just to say it loud.

This
Then people are surprised why anti eu sentiment exist
I am angry aswell

>giving a regulatory agency job to a developing shithole

Are you out of your mind? They would immediately be corrupted by corporate lobbyists.

The M*doid will bow

The Guardian is British. Of course they don't want the agency to relocate.
Also if the current employees want to leave, let them leave. They can rehire. With up to 50% retention rate they can re-train new stuff in a matter of months. Big fucking deal.

Exactly. They're trying to make it look like all the anti-EU sentiment comes from far-right lunatics, while the truth is with such segregation, corruption and unfairness the only lunatics are the supporters of this rotten establishment.

Letting corruption run rampat in your most vital organisations or let some crazed eastern europe-country sabotage vital institutions.

They compared this with the Eurovision voting (you know, where eastern european cunts always vote for each other) You guys fucked it up

This city is FULL. Cancer off.

Why would you personally care if some EU agency decided to open an office in your country or not? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

The Netherlands are the highest net contributor per capita to the EU though

Neither because the choice was amsterdam vs milan
Both take the same votes so they have to relieve to a coin flip

wont happen and neither will brexit

Not all staff is to be exclusively from Spain(or any other country that might benefit).Even just housing this institution it will boost housing and purchasing in the city that it is relocated to.

There is no logic in placing this in a part of Europe that is doing well.

>The Guardian is British. Of course they don't want the agency to relocate.
Read it mate, it takes about retention of staff as a key factor. Also you're wrong, the Guardian would like nothing more than to see Britain fail so they can say haha I told you so. Decidedly anti British paper.

It's not the US where you can put all your agency in NY and still be good
This agency bring Pretige, work and more importantly inmovative in that field
Discard a city with potential like Milan (north italy, one of the richest city in all Europe) with amsterdam(equally good but their country is alredy in better shape)
It's just idiotic

Our meme BID

youtube.com/watch?v=cj8jW9ayEaI

>Welcome to the EU new member, the cradle of civilization, the beacon of humanity, the last bastion of the """"free world"""""
>NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SEND US CHEAP SKILLED LABOR YOU FUCKING THIRD WORLD SUBHUMAN

youtube.com/watch?v=XOpxaE8Qsw8

Milan

you skipped the step where the germans rape your industry by selling into your market for years before freedom of movement (or goods in the other direction) kick in.. then when it inevitably fails buy it for pennies on the dollar.

Fuck germany and fuck the EU.

This too

Stop being such a negative lad.

Classic who's alredy rich is becoming more rich and who's trying to compete receive costantly a buttfuck
Thanks EU

Sounds like a move to promote more healthcare privitisation.

One of the key points LSE economists made (basically the biggest EU-boo Brits you'll find in Britian) is that leaving the EU would protect the NHS from EU wide legislation that would force them to further privitise the NHS.

Sounds natural that they would choose us over Italy, for this reason as well.

That's so dishonest. Why would they not have an Italian English accent narrating?

>receive billions in aid
>has entire continent to thank for not going bankrupt
>still find reason to complain
Greece should be nuked

this

Do it turk

You clearly have no idea on what happened.

Also I'll have you know that Greece held a referendum in which we CLEARLY DECLINED your "help". Stop bribing and extorting our state if you actually want to see change.

Awh, poor guys I've heard you guys can't even tax-evade as easily these days.

kick us out then pussy, thank us for saving your banks first though turk

"The EU’s banking authority will move to Paris"
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-20/paris-amsterdam-win-brexit-races-for-london-based-eu-agencies

You'll be fine in a decade or two as long as you obey you big baby.

Btw you retards still owe the balance of 25 years rental for the building (no break clause)
Pay debts yurocucks

No one forced Greece to join euro. Many countries decided to stay out of it. It was your own fault

euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/leaders-tone-down-macrons-call-for-foreign-investment-scrutiny/

>be yurounion
>pay denbts lazy Greeks
>h-hey man d-don't accept foreign investment, w-what about our factories and capital

boo hoo faggots be more competitive, get to work lazy cucks

Is there something you're afraid of? Weren't you the ones who called us unworthy? Go on, kick us out pussies.

I'm not a fan of EU. It should be abolished or at least reformed something which doesn't resemble a federation.
It just irritates me when Greeks seem to blame everyone else from their own mistakes. You decided to join Euro and live out of your means with denbts money.

Don't be mad. That coin toss was your only chance. Slovak foreign minister abstained, but he would've voted for Amsterdam over Milan after you pulled that shit with the Balitic states.

Get fucked.

It was supposed to be our turn reeeee

What shit in the baltic?
Moreover this situation is not good for anyone so meh

>I'm not a fan of EU
Shut it, you're all pathetic edgelords.
>irritates me
What is more irritating is this but conveniently noone seems to remember. It's easy finding scape goats and for the last 8 years we've been exactly that. we took the blame, we ridiculed ourselves and for what? More lies, more theft. Well no more, fuck you, fuck the union fuck you all.
>You decided to join Euro and live out of your means with denbts money.
A similar process happened in Iceland too but noone remembers that one either. Why is that i wonder?

>>receive billions in aid
>95% of the money flows back into European banks

such generosity lmao

As long as the EU exists smaller countries will get cucked by it. Greece still exports and imports most of it's stuff from/to the EU. Nothing will change if you leave. EU will still cuck you. Britain might get better terms since it's a way bigger economy, but smaller economies we still have to bow to the EU. That's what Iceland, Norway and Switzerland does. They're still bound to the EU laws and regultions and have to pay hundreds of millions each year to get into the single market.
>A similar process happened in Iceland too but noone remembers that one either.
It wasn't the same. They had their own currency. Greece joined the euro and took advantage of low interest rates.

They unironically thinks that the EU doesn't favour Germany

Guess that happens with debts, if it's even true for that matter.

OP why do you go into every thread and moan about brexit? Why do you care?

youtu.be/3CNeDtZmpjU

Yeah i think the same, if anything the one to blame is our world. Because with China and USA as superpowers either Europe sort their shit together or enjoy our fall in irrelevance
Still we have big equality problems in the EU that need to be fix

I wasn't the one that claimed the "continent" helped save Greece. My point is that the "help" is a meme, the EU doesn't plan on saving Greece, they're just keeping it barely afloat and buying shit without giving the economy the space to develop.

Either you're smug about exploiting indebted countries or you pretend to be their savior, you can't do both.

>Yeah i think the same
I guess we're just used to getting cucked by the superpower next door. That's what we had to deal with during the cold war with the soviet union.

No space to develop? How so?
It didn't have rapid development to begin with otherwise they wouldn't even need help.

>As long as the EU exists smaller countries will get cucked by it.
Well duh unless no EU which is very plausible.
>Greece still exports and imports most of it's stuff from/to the EU
Yes it's called the common market, don't lecture. But the EU is not the entire world, if there will be an EU with the current firm that is.
>It wasn't the same
It was the same with a different currency. Easy lending, overconsumption, bubble burst. The same in 2007 America with mortgages, yet noone launched a smearing campaign against those nations. Noone called them lazy, corrupt, even called for a dictatorship installed "to restore motrlaity". Despite our shortcomings and failures Greece was the easy victim and the EU handled that media campaign really well.
People now though do realise how the EU really works, because they try to pull the same extortion stunts in countries that matter like the UK or V4.

Now more than ever
It used to be this way in the past and it will be this way in the future
It's not bad it's the old mantra:
"Adapt or perish"

>northern italy isn't rich
The only reason Italy is "poor" to begin with, is the SOUTH. Do you think an agency in the opposite part of the country would make the south less of a money sink?

>It didn't have rapid development to begin with
Actually Greece had one of the highest GDP growth rates in the EU before the crisis, possibly the highest.

>From 2000 Greece saw high levels of GDP growth above the Eurozone average, peaking at 5.8% in 2003 and 5.7% in 2006.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Greece

The reason that the economy can't grow is because the debt-to-GDP ratio is way too high. Unless the EU conducts some sort of debt relief, which the IMF has been recommending for years now but Germany refuses, then there won't be any significant growth any time soon. The economists know this but the EU is not meant to be a union of equal nations, as many have been saying ITT.

>Do you think an agency in the opposite part of the country
Surely it doesn't help being in Amsterdam
>North of Italy is rich
Not so much and nowaday it's in freefall
t. From the north

The GDP growth is easily explained because they did throw plenty of money around.
youtube.com/watch?v=GDX31Wg-BAo

And Germany doesn't want to give money way because people feel like they've been giving enough. People here don't believe in essentially waving away a person's fiscal responsibilities, they just wanted Greece to survive and it does just that.

The reality of Greece is that it doesn't have that much to offer even if the circumstances were better.

>waving away a person's fiscal responsibilities, they just wanted Greece to survive
That's quite contradictory, don't you think stupid?

That's good to hear because your plan B isn't exactly looking good.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-theresa-may-nafta-membership-donald-trump-trade-deals-eu-a7994016.html

Not really, Greece collapsing would harm other economies worse.
So the EU did what it could to prevent that yet at the same time they didn't completely bail them out, because the Greeks should face some consequences.
If things weren't so interconnected you'd be right, sure.

So you do admit that it's just a loansharking scheme?

really makes you think

I don't believe so, it's not in their long-term interests for Greece to not to develop at all.
And I'm sure over time the Greeks can manage to grow a bit over time with less.

Through the Greek "bail out" EIBU managed to
First, secure major European banks from toxic bonds and transfer all that money to state budgets.
Second, through "bail out" loans EU countries manage to make a profit during times of market turbulence deinvestment and close to zero ECB interest rates.
All done under threat of sanctions, ECB involvement on starving Greek banks from emergency liquidity during debt negotiations.
That's basic loansharking really.
Within the EU, Greece cannot grow. You should demand from your government to kick us out.

Italians need to start paying taxes. Isn't like 20% of your GDP off the books because you spaghetti munchers hate paying taxes?

Just become a proper 1st world nation. You're basically just a 2nd world country

We'll start paying taxes when they'll lower them.

>putting the medicine agency in junkie central
wew

Lisbon had the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, already. You'd expect you'd want those two agencies near each other.

when this same process happened in Italy, between north italy and south italy, you did not think there was anything wrong with it. In fact, you did not see southerners as "people trying to complete" but as a deadweight and antropologically inferior people.
I can't help but feel a certain schadenfreude seeing north italians get a taste of their own medicine, to realise that the individualistic myth of "muh ethics" is just complete bullshit and that the center will always crush the periphery no matter how much you deluded yourself into being "white" and "superior". I hope this is a lesson for you, but I am afraid it won't be, and instead you'll keep blaming the south while sucking german cock and wishing you were born german, like the good cucks you are.

They already do that.

At least the chemical agency which we have seems large

We got our share too.
youtube.com/watch?v=MRg2f9RrjcU

But let's not start a petty fight. We're both gaining. Let's just enjoy UK dismay.

>Japanese Banks moving to Frankfurt
>HSBC moving to Paris
these british tears

Was Sup Forums always this bitter?

Yeah, by all means lets get the best shake for ourselves we can get but we are still gonna have to live with each other after this. There are lots of EU expats in the UK and UK expats on the EU, UK will still have to import and it's not like all trade will cease if he Brexit goes hard.

>current account
>accurate descriptor of economic success and wealth creation

choose one

They are offering German citizenships to the Brits living here. It's gonna be fine.

now put the account balance next to chinese and american exports, voilà

>more EU influence
KANKER OOOOP

USA has a bad deficit

I'm mean the export of products to China and the US

Big shitshow in my cunt because we thought we had a chance at hosting that thing
We got 7th place, which is not bad at all

Bongslut: EU, I want out of this relationship
EUChad: Are you sure? Please, I need you. Don't go!
Bongslut: Trump is my new BF. I'm leaving.
EUChad: k. I want my stuff back then. Also you can't live here from now on, use my car and credit card anymore.
Bongslut: Noooooooo
EUChad: Also, I won't be paying your rent and medical bills too
Bongslut: Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppeeeeee!