Post some JUST careers, like this one

Post some JUST careers, like this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/25/sonny-pike-football-prodigy-head-finished
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably would've done alright if having a good 07-08 didn't completely go to his head.

>that game of pass the parcel from 2012 to 2017

I honestly feel so bad for players who get loaned out. it's an automatic blemish and eliminated you from ever being in best of all time discussions.

John Terry had a pretty alright career

They're just not working hard enough la

Guess who

the man who will take Messi's crown

Kek

>his loan to Frankfurt was broken off after he got a tattoo against the club's orders and it got infected

dont know if this qualifies but

this post will trigger finns

:)

From Benfica to 2nd tier of US soccer in 5 years. woof

Holy fuck he's only 28

He's probably closer to 38 desu

JUST

lel

actually remember drenthe on loan at wednesday. scored a really good goal and seemed pretty motivated at the time

probably before salary day

>Jagodina

this was entirely due to injuries. he was the best player in the world in 95

>Playing in front of 50k at Rangers
>English 7th tier 2 years later
>Scottish Junior football 1 year later

Junior football is kind of like English non-league by the way, only they're not in the pyramid at all.

wouldnt say it does

most capped player and top goalscorer for finland

almost 600 games played with 227 goals

5 league titles in the netherlands, 3 dutch cups, 3 dutch supercups, 1 champions league (and one runner-up)

uefa cup with liverpool

Bojan's sad more than anything, considering that he just couldn't cope with the pressure thanks to being so prone to panic attacks and battling clinical depression on and off before he was even 21.

>sad more than anything, considering that he just couldn't cope with the pressure thanks to being so prone to panic attacks and battling clinical depression on and off before he was even 21.
my life story

He was supposed to bring football home.

Like Harry Kane or Mo Salah

BANE?

dumb leaf poster

there are tons of examples of players who got sent on loan and came back to have great careers, especially if the only reason they got sent on loan is to ensure playtime rather than sitting on the bench

Vertonghen got sent on loan to a relegation team in his first team at Ajax, went on to became captain and is now one of the top defenders in the EPL

Alderweireld got loaned to Southampton from Atletico Madrid and now ended up at Spurs

holy fuck what

how does that even happen

you can be loaned like fuck and still have a great career

>went to the world cup at the age of 18 and came back as part of the only undefeated team in the whole tournament
>got his move to england and put the hard work in each loan spell instead of sulking he cant get in the squad
>won the league 1 title with brighton
>won promotion with leicester
>finished top scorer in the championship with leeds
>earned a move back to the premier league with burnley and is currently their top scorer
>captains his national team and is on track to become their all time top scorer

butland too kept being loaned out and at one point retards like the leaf labeled him as finished, yet look at him now

>be Eero Markkanen
>go to Sweden
>have a good half season
>fucking Real Madrid signs you, puts you in their B team
>be terrible, let go because you refuse to even stay in shape
>come back to Sweden
>play terribly, career is dead at this point, will probably go back to Finland soon
At least his brother is good at basketball.

never even heard of this guy.
>signed by Ajax at age 7
wew

Hey, Eero is still very good, and him being a good talent in football is way more impressive than Lauri being good in basketball. Also, Eero is really good in using social media for his gain, top bloke and will be good again in football

Eero, please. You're shit.

theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/25/sonny-pike-football-prodigy-head-finished

Pretty sad story.

Nii Lamptey is another one who got ruined.

>Spain 1

Just think if he didn't turn down the chance to play at Euro 2008 he'd have a medal.

Any idea whatever happened to that 7 year old Aussie boy wonder who got snapped up by Man U about a decade ago?

stay dench or get frimponged

>think you're the next coming of Pele
>dominate the Netherlands
>get bullied by your Brazil-mates for playing at a small club in the Dutch league
>small club of course wants to keep you at all costs because you're breaking all their record
>stop showing up at practice so you can force a sale to a bigger league
>promptly fail in the EPL
>immediately say fuck it, give up and sell out

I remember thinking this guy was the next big thing

>being this deluded

He was supposed to be one of Spain's finest keepers. On the same level as De Gea and Asenjo, and he was #1 on Real's B side (Betis' Adan was his back up). But things didnt go well for him.

>tfw a talented player goes to arabia or USA or China and ruins their career

hehe, nothing personel kid

OH NO NO NO NO NO

being loaned out by a swedish team at whatever age his is, is not more impressive than being one of the top rookies in the NBA

>chinese league
>8-0
hmm

Why brazilian players which have been/ever played in Eredivisie always had a big ego and is an arrogant asshole, for example, Romario.

>giving up your career just to gamble-pad wins and losses
yikes
what was Carrasco thinking, no amount of money can be worth this when you can also earn millions elsewhere

wamberto was pretty based

lel I remember him almost winning the golden boot. What a meme league

>be Carrasco
>be top 200 player in the world
>move to China
>be top 10 paid player in the world
And retards will still say he made the wrong decision. He can play 2 or 3 years in China, make mad bank and still come back to Europe in his prime.

I now remember he was a "key factor" in the 2007 Copa America championship run and was considered for the 2010 WC squad.

Ah yes, another fantastic decision by the Chelsea transfer committee. I feel bad for Conte

Reminded me of Kerlon.

>le seal dribble kid

Hector is shit.

Fun fact: Fujieda MYFC is funded by online subscriptions. Which actually explains a lot about an internet funded team buying a youtube meme player.

That's some list of countries he's played in by the way.

>Brazil
>Italy
>Netherlands
>Japan
>Barbados
>USA
>Malta
>Slovakia

Having to live in China isn't worth the money though and it's not like he had a shortage of it.

>no amount of money can be worth this when you can also earn millions elsewhere
That's where you are wrong.
Lets say he earns 4 mill in La Liga then the Chinese come and they offer him 20mil per season. Why play 10 seasons in Europe when you can earn the same amount of money or more in China for 2 years or less.

Not everyone is in sports for the titles

it was lower league Rangers to be fair, he wouldn't have got a job as the kitman in a top flight Rangers team

Turned into an absolute beast in Fifa 08. Him and Jose Baxter, another contender for this thread.

Was the most expensive teenager in English football, then he fell through a greenhouse and nearly died.

Missed his own testimonial through injury.

He earned less than 2 million a year from the club. But surely also had other forms of income, why not move to a club like Monaco or PSG and get paid way more too.

>playing in Liverpool in the post-Heysel era

feels bad desu

Kevin Prince Boateng

Fucking lol. He was one of my favorite players since joining Atleti. How have things changed...

Oh wait...
He even never made into the first team

Someone is gonna post Astori

Its one thing to talk like this and other when you are offered those big numbers in person. Sure he earns millions and can live comfy but why not make even more and live even comfier.
Just put yourself in his position. Also he is just a kinda above average player in the spanish league

>Chelsea paid 5.4 mln euro for this man

Play a couple years in China. Get filthy rich. Come back to Europe age 26. I hate that it happens but I can see why Carrasco would do it.

Billy Kenny very similar.

>breakthrough in the first PL season
>ends up being involved in drugs

>2015- Chelsea 0 (0)
lmao

>nobody posted van der Meyde yet

>no Fabio Paim postes yet

guess

>guess
Nigga you can tell that's Adriano by just opening the thread

Mbappe is on a loan

:'(

Your image isn't up to date, though. He's playing again, with the Las Vegas team in USL.

Varela is alright, will make a comeback

Finland is full of JUST careers

Monaco sold him, don't think they'd be interested in rebuying him

Fuck I was going to post him
also his young son died like 2 or 3 years ago, rip ;-;7

Even Mourinho admitted he was a flop

who is that name pronounced?
Chleb?
Leb?
Shleb?

luka modric was loaned from a croatia side team twice

Imagine playing at that level and someone on the field has an international cap.

>prone to panic attacks and battling clinical depression
proofs??

>randers

always wondered if they have a rival called centic or something

Hleb. Like the H in shcleHt or helicopter

Someone post Pennant; I saw him play in Singapore and he was liquid shit

Jari Litmanen was still playing up to 2011?

Fuck me

literally whom