Fury is 100% historically accurate

I just want to say this out loud and it needs it's own thread.

Wikipedia also proves that I'm right.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_(2014_film)#Portrayal_of_history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lasers weren't used in WW dos

Tracers.

nice bait

Bait? What bait? Read wikipedia and educate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_(2014_film)#Portrayal_of_history

damn...the prequels look like THAT?

I see no issues with this. Nor any other part of the movie. It's perfect.

>Shoot a king tiger tank in the ass.
>Make a four inch hole.

>AT gun crews can't land a single hit at like 200 meters

>A M4A2 managed to take 3 Kwk43 shots at that range
>historically accurate

Wew.

It was a Tiger, not a Tiger II.

your mother's a tracer

PEW PEW LASERZ

>American GI serving in WWII
>Hitler Youth haircut

Lol I haven't seen the movie but you're wrong based on the single image from it you posted.

>King Tiger

Pardon me, it's the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausführung H turret number 131, the only existing and working Tiger surviving to this day. This movie went the extra mile to feature it in the film.

Even if it was a Tiger II (it wasn't) the 76mm gun on Fury (the others had 75mm's) with APC round would penetrate the rear armour.

Germans were shitters, that's why they lost the war.

They could have toned it down just a bit. The last shot showing the ricochets is spot on.

The tank Fury was a M4A2 tank they had that could work. That Tiger is at the British Tank Museum, right?

It would penetrate the fucking sides. Hell, the 76.2mm of Fury could penetrate the Tiger from the fucking front at the range they were fighting.

And the Tiger has a fucking armor layout of 100/80/80, it's just as thick on the sides as it is on the fucking rear and fuck, if you were shooting at a Tiger, you'd want to put a shot into the turret or the sides to kill most of the crew, not the fucking engine where it does nothing and the shell just gets lodged in there.

That's a realistic shot, it's exactly what would have happened. The problem is?

1. The Tiger left it's defensive position, which was pointless. The Tiger was basically a moving bunker.
2. The M42A (Fury) would not have survived 3 shots.

The logs bounced off the shot. Puny 88 can't handle the good ol' logs of freedom™ and liberation™ blessed by God and the red, white and blue!

It's completely historically accurate

Errr, it could with the APC ammo, but only at the manlet. And only at ranges like in the film. In reality? Tigers and Panthers were a problem for the Americans; they didn't have anything that could deal with them very well. The British managed due to Fireflys.

Hitting the engine could result in an explosion, that's why you did it.

Probably the only realistic moment of this entire shitshow.

Now post webms of the last 20 minutes.

The mantlet of a Tiger is more than 130mm thick... The front of the hull is 100, 101 effective because of the very, very slight slope.

IS this real?

Looks like he put some effort into it, but that section on the article doesn't make it sound like something all that special.

It means that it all happened. Even the disputed last scene. This makes it the most accurate war movie ever made.

Neat. Seems possible if you had luck bestowed by God.

Both tanks are from that museum I believe.

So the guy on the right is deaf or something? He had absolutely zero reaction to that.

> The last stand of the crew of the disabled Fury appears to be based on an anecdote from Death Traps, where a lone tanker was "in his tank on a road junction" when a "German infantry unit approached, apparently not spotting the tank in the darkness." This unnamed tanker is described to have ricocheted shells into the enemy forces, fired all of his machine gun ammunition, and thrown grenades to kill German soldiers climbing onto the tank. Cooper concluded: "When our infantry arrived the next day, they found the brave young tanker still alive in his tank. The entire surrounding area was littered with German dead and wounded."

IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, SUCK IT NAZI SHITLORDS

Why are blatant bait threads like this allowed? It serves no purpose. It's just spam.

because this isn't r*ddit and you might actually learn something you didn't know?

Why was he in a tank by himself?

Because he knew he had to kill every last Nazi to make Uncle Sam proud.

It might be the only one that is still operational if people wanted to drive it, but its no the only one left per se

No, nobody needs to be reminded of the final part of this movie

>brainlets saying this is "accurate"

if it were accurate, brad pitt would be dead in that shot. You dont even have to be a tank expert to know that you dont take out the rear tank first

Brad Pitt got shot in the heart and he survived, he got killed by grenades. Everyone needs to be reminded about that.

>Death Traps
>trusting that book
It is made up of almost entirely fiction and the authors own opinions. The Shermans were actually fairly decent tanks, not the molotv-cocktails on tracks that is presented in the book.
Anything coming from that book should be taken with a truckload of salt.

Anything written or made by Americans, G-d's chosen nation on this planet Earth is true fact. Americans never, never, never ever lied when it comes to telling history.

So four Americans can hold off 650 Germans call of duty style? Ok, friendo.

well, the germans were cucks

Dude, it's written in a book. The memoirs of a fucking Sherman tank crew vet, so it happened.

Also we all know Germans are cucks and massive shitters, if they were halfway decent in WW2, they would have won. But did they win? Nope!

650 ? I thought they were 1000 ?

It was only 300. That's realistic, 300 fucking cuclkord shitters could be cut down by a single Sherman.

I think they lost because of poor strategy, not because of the skills of their individual troops.

It was 6 gorillion germans. They were the ones holocausted.

Poor strategy, shit weapons, shit individual soldiers who couldn't fight for shit, shit planes, shit tanks, literally shit everything.

You're both brainlets

>shit tanks

Ok. Now I know this is bait.

The very opening scene of Fury has literally ZERO destroyed American tanks, only Panthers and Panzers. If anything the title card is a big fat lie, American tankers weren't outarmored or outgunned, German tanks were steaming pile of turds.

Checkmate.

overengineered pieces of shit could have ironed out and kept building better PZ IVs, but nooo, the syphilitic autist had to be be all 'muh wunderwaffen" and waste resources on his autistic big boxes

>old man standing next to tank with tank commanders head in site
>shoots old man because that what le evil german soldier would do
Why do Americans believe in such garbage?

Then why did hitler an hero? Was tired of winning?

Always confuses me when this thread comes up and like 15 people know loads and loads of shit about tanks and their capabilities and specs

lol

wiki pedia is easy to use

I also love how Brad Pitt literally immediately knows where the shot came from.

MURKA! And people unironically think this movie isn't just blatant propaganda.

because wehraboos love to come up with reasons as to why the Germans lost even though their uniforms and tanks looked "cooler"

I play World of Tanks

Blame it on Shitler.
Protip: don't let amphetamine addled dictators call the shots for the military, especially if he says to invade russia with the hopes that it will be all over before winter.
And if you're going to do that, then dont ALSO declare war on the US because your slant eyed "ally" sneak attacked them.
WWII was won by three things. Bad decisions by the opposition, russia, and dat counterintel game.

The roman empire and tanks brings /his/fags and /k/omandos out of the woodwork.
God bless them all.

Germany's shitty logistics certainly contributed as well

Tracer rounds. Germany used green tracers throughout WW2.
>Fun fact: Star Wars got their red/green laser color from WW2

Didn't they changed the ending because the real end fight sound ridiculous unrealistic? I mean, in reality the guy basically wiped out an entire army alone on a burning tank with a MG. No one would buy that shit.

Forget about its historical accuracy. I can't get over the fact that Brad Pitt and his chiseled face is playing a rough and tough dough boy. It totally takes the realism out of it for me.

I think they based that ending from the infamous Battle of Raseiniai (Too much World of Tanks), I'm not sure tho.

>The lone Soviet tank
>A single KV-2 heavy tank, at a crossroads in front of Raseiniai, managed to cut off elements of the 6th Panzer Division which had established bridgeheads on the Dubysa. It stalled the Division's advance for a full day while being attacked by a variety of antitank weapons, until it finally ran out of ammunition.

Did they? Nice, I guess they had to give the Nazis some space because they were so fucking shit as enemies. In all honesty they shouldn't have. They should have just stuck with Brad Pitt killing 300 SS alone.

His autistic obsession with executing the SS really smelled of jew writers too