/who/ Doctor Who General

The Shadow of the Scourge Edition

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gK4nxSIrK6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Atwell

>Bottom Line - from The Discontinuity Guide

>Hartnell as the Abbot doesn't giggle, or go 'hmm'. It's a solid, sinister performance that makes one realise how much of the Doctor's bluster is characterisation.

>An atmosphere of doom prevails, miles away from the usual panto runaround. Peter Purves excels as somebody who finds himself marooned in time.

>Individual deaths are given such force that the oncoming massacre is horrifying. Screams sound over illustrations of the purge.

>Steven's disgust, his departure and the Doctor's subsequent tortured monologue are beautiful, and the redeeming arrival of Dodo is a great coda.

>Not only the best historical, but the best Hartnell, and, in its serious handling of dramatic material in a truly dramatic style, arguably the best ever Doctor Who story.

The Discontinuity Guide on The Massacre

Discuss

Nardole will die.

cloister you were right, this is not okay

Greetings, greetings, greetings! Well, I seem to be stuck in the sodding Time Vortex, AGAIN! So I can’t assist you. This is one of the many regrets in my life. Goodbye, my dears!

Black people...

...don't tend to watch Doctor Who

Also they suck

The Massacre is boring trash. Discuss.

Absolutely terrifying!
White people smell like bologna

well first of all, thanks for sharing cats. i love you an all your posts. second of all i completely agree with it, of course a writer as talented as paul cornell could see the massacre's brilliance and i wish everyone else here did.

>Fire lo

I agree, The Massacre is fantastic

I kidnapped shit in my childhood
Selling it, going to the cinema
But expelled from the movie
For the smell of fresh shit

Reminder that SUE WAS RIGHT.
>Sue: I didn’t like that one at all. They should have sent Hartnell on holiday if they wanted Steven to have an adventure on his own. I still can’t get over why they had to confuse what was already a very confusing story with that stupid bloody twist.
>Me: But those five minutes before Dodo arrived…
>Sue: Yes, they were great, but they don’t make up for the other 90. What a waste.
>2/10

Sue was an absolute pleb who feel asleep during the story. i know she said she was bored and tired but really its because her brain got overloaded by the high drama

Nice digits Meta-crisis Wanderer. But what about Danny Pink Husbando user? And isn't Immigrant black?

>google images "black people watching doctor who"
>get this

Hmmm perhaps you're right.

I hope saturday's episode isn't indicative of the rest of this season's quality.
I liked the premise, with the robots and the settlers, but the dialogue between Bill and the Doctor was just hackneyed horse shit.

I don't think there's ever actually been a NuWho episode that was 'indicative of the rest of the season's quality'. This show is really inconsistent. Except maybe series 7.

No, it was just really boring and the Doctor/Abbott thing made no sense. It wasn't good outside of that scene where the Doctor and Steven argue in the TARDIS.

>why two hearts?
>why one?

BRAVO FRANK COTTRELLBOYCE

TRULY THIS GENERATIONS SHAKESPEARE

>he isn't writing any more episodes this season

thank fucking christ

Do you really hate those two lines?

It's the same dialouge you see every episode in the new series. Ever.

Don't pretend otherwise.

But the dialogue was the best fucking part of the episode

I'm going to defend Helen Raynor to hell and back, but please someone take take Frank Cotrell Boyce. And replace him with a nice little story by Helen Raynor about rape or shellshocked veteran or maybe both.

Will the next Doctor receive a warm welcome from the fandom?

Of course I fucking did!

This is actually the best thing to happen to NuWho, all the normies leaving

>(16)
Unless you switched devices I'm going to keep waiting for a reply thanks

>tfw 17012 days until the 100th special

Fun Fact: 17012 days ago Anwar Sadat replaced Gamal Abdel Nasser as acting Egyptian President

youtu.be/gK4nxSIrK6k

You guys gotta fucking help me out. I only saw the episode once so maybe I don't know shit.

When the hell do they say that his name is Steadfast? When do they acknowledge that he's a medical technician?

>being a part of the characters

I wouldn't call you a character, buddy. You were a pebble in a shallow puddle.

I can use my fucking mobile while taking a shit you dumb cunt.

BILL SLAVE EPISODE WHEN?

You sound very bothered by very little

Please do a count down every day and give a fun fact about what happened x amount of days ago.

to me it was a vapid line and felt tryhard in its attempt to endear us to this horse-faced boy-named bitch Bill

same goes for most of the rest of the episode

>When do they acknowledge that he's a medical technician?
So he wasn't security guard?

I have been. But it's 6am right now so it's not usually at this time.

DO I LOOK BOVVERED?

Nothing gets me harder than that accent

Quit it.

"Why two hearts?"

>felt tryhard in its attempt to endear us to this horse-faced boy-named bitch Bill

"Why two hearts?"

>>felt tryhard in its attempt to endear us to this horse-faced boy-named bitch Bill

"Why two hearts?"

>>>felt tryhard in its attempt to endear us to this horse-faced boy-named bitch Bill

Imagine being this consumed by resentment of a fictional character.

CUNTS

The usual reminder in a thread that's alive when I'm not at work.

Can you fucking imagine if you managed to keep this shit up

most of /who/ has stockholm syndrome for this show at this point

Fun Fact: Cloister won't live to see it.

RIP to the user who died before the 50th. Probably still rotting in front of his computer right now.

>reminder that the tv movie was so bad that it killed jon pertwee

I'll do my best. Someone take over if I disappear

Good.

ITS REAL
HOLY FUCK

DAVID BRADLEY IS NOT PLAYING THE FIRST DOCTOR
HE IS 13TH DOCTOR
LIKE, NEW CHARACTER
TABLOIDS KNEW ITS BRADLEY BUT NOONE WAS CLEVER ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND

HOLY SHIT DAVID BRADLEY IS 13
ITS GOAT

These filters have got really weird /who/

Fancy shitpost you have there.

>tfw this user won't live to see the 200th anniversary

>12 shortly after regenerating into 13

>kid 12

i dont like it. he looks like an inbred millionaire tory's child

What the fuck is that baby Capaldle

BUT ITS REAL;
NO CONFIRMATION ON BRADLEY PLAYING THE FIRST
BUT BRADLEY IS DEFINATELY IN CHRISTMAS SPECIAL
ITS HIM
BRADLEY IS 13

Bradley is not playing the First Doctor, or the Thirteenth.

Simmaster tricks the Doctor into thinking he's a fictional character and he meets all the actors who played him. They're all represented by clips. The one with Tom Baker in a blooper is perfect.

But Richard Hurndall, played by Bradley, is the one who he talks to. Hurndall helps him snap out of it. Hurndall also reminds him that no matter what face he has, he's still the Doctor, and that's what makes him ready to regenerate without fear at the end.

>why two hearts?
>a question literally every companion in the history of the show has asked
>a vapid line and felt tryhard in its attempt to endear
If you don't like Bill just say so man, don't try and hide it behind all this shit

>wanting another Daleks In Manhattan

is there a PC version of faceapp?

the banter between doctor and bill are shit-tier, don't try to deny it

Do you really think Moffat will literally rewrite Moriarty storyline fot Doctor Who?

>a question literally every companion in the history of the show has asked
Well, not the first two Doctors' companions. The only times it ever came up before Pertwee, it was pretty clear the Doctor only had one heart.

I wonder if Moffat considered inserting a joke making fun of the fan theory that Time Lords only get their second heart after they regenerate the first time.

Karen wants Mirren

>Karen wants Mirren
I believe that's the title of number 7 in the series "My First Lesbian Experience…And It's With My Grandmother!"

I want to die

Oh just fuck off. Nobody actually wants a female Doctor.

Helen Mirren is 71 years old

What? Did he actually do an episode of Sherlock where Moriarty convinces Sherlock he's a fictional character and he meets Clive Brook, Basil Rathbone, Christopher Lee, Animated Peter O'Toole, Robert Downey Jr., etc.?

I stopped watching after S2, but I'd actually like to see that. Which episode, and do I need to watch the ones before it?

*shits in your mouth*
mmm, tasty?

>tfw didn't realise the first doctor's lines in the 50th were not actually hartnell
am i retarded lads?
GOAT impression

In Thin Ice apparently there is a scene between 12 and Bill after where the Doctor and Bill both Agree ''white men'' have always been hateful towards other races. And he applauds Bill on people of African descents tenacity to survive against the odds which cheers her up..

Karen Gillan does.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Okay, user.

I think you should end your life right now.

>"white men'' have always been hateful towards other races.

This is literally true though, just from a historic standpoint

He says the word Gallifrey m8. Although it was a pretty good impression.

Ever notice that the GOAT nuwho episodes don't have forced politics?
>Dalek
>The Empty Child
>The Girl in the Fireplace
>Human Nature
>Blink
>Silence in the Library
>Midnight
>Vincent and the Doctor
No forced hamfisted politics.

Sarah Dollard is a hack. I'll be happy when based Chibnall ERASES her.

It's true for every race.

Yes, but if you don't mention it you're an SJW for trying to be historically revisionist, and if you do mention it you're an SJW for pointing it out, so either way Sup Forums gets to get triggered and REEE.

>Human Nature
Uh

Based Chibbers will erase everyone

>The Empty Child
stupid frogposter. eccleston praises the welfare state in this one

big if true. Sup Forums will shit themselves in the live thread

Sarah Dollard is a horrible writer her dialogue in Face the Raven was terrible. Literally only got teh job because shes a woman.

The Empty Child
>It's brilliant. I'm not sure if it's Marxism in action or a West End musical.
>1941. Right now, not very far from here, the German war machine is rolling up the map of Europe. Country after country, falling like dominoes. Nothing can stop it. Nothing. Until one, tiny, damp little island says no. No. Not here. A mouse in front of a lion. You're amazing, the lot of you. Don't know what you do to Hitler, but you frighten the hell out of me. Off you go then do what you've got to do. Save the world.
>Relax, he's a fifty first century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing.
>Don't forget the welfare state!

Human Nature
JENNY: Head in the clouds, that one. Don't know why you're so sweet on him.
MARTHA: He's just kind to me, that's all. Not everyone's that considerate, what with me being
JENNY: A Londoner?
MARTHA: Exactly. Good old London town.
(Two senior boys stop.)
BAINES: Er, now then, you two. You're not paid to have fun, are you? Put a little backbone into it.
JENNY: Yes, sir. Sorry, sir.
HUTCHINSON: You there, what's your name again?
MARTHA: Martha, sir. Martha Jones.
HUTCHINSON: Tell me then, Jones. With hands like those, how can you tell when something's clean?
(They walk on, laughing.)

>HUTCHINSON: Tell me then, Jones. With hands like those, how can you tell when something's clean?
>(They walk on, laughing.)

HOLY SHIT
BASED

Don't bring up facts that contradict my point! REEEEEEEEE

>mom i am racist!

>Mom

>Human Nature
>Women might train to be doctors, but hardly a skivvy and hardly one of your color
You have seen these episodes, haven't you?

There's a difference between that and having nearly every character in the episode be black. Sarah Dollard trying to rewrite English history when she's not even English herself. Sad!

You're thinking of jews

I'd love to fucking punch Sarah Dollards ugly feminist face then i'd bash and slam her head into the ground until it was flat.