What does Sup Forums think about Bill Nye saves the world?

What does Sup Forums think about Bill Nye saves the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oea4AhFh36I
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hpzcx/i_was_one_of_the_kids_on_bill_nye_the_science_guy/
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hooym/iama_request_bill_nye/c1x4sna
youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rayxew89NyE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Mr._Wizard#1983-1990:_Mr._Wizard.27s_World
observer.com/2017/04/why-Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why would anyone over the age of 10 watch something by bill nye

dude gender lmao

i don't like this faggot and i never have

>Keeps mentioning science
>Never actually pulls up any research or evidence that backs up his claims
What did the science guy mean by this?

It's good, because it implicitly shows libs are recognizing the "danger" right wingers pose. A few more years and only grampa will be leftwing.

He's the next flavor of the month just like that faggot from Star Trek who admitted to liking the idea of molesting little boys was until he talked about how great it was getting diddled.

People are caught up in "nostalgia" for a show they didn't watch because they like science so much even though they don't study it, work in any scientific field, and don't know anything about it.

Infinitely superior

holy fuck im so glad i unsubbed to netflix

first dear white people and now le liberal scientist whines about trump

he's apparently a complete cunt IRL

when his show was popular in the 90s he became a prissy little faggot and whenever kids walked up to him and wanted like an autograph or something he'd tell them to fuck off

he's a piece of shit

kys

I think that this is what the catholic church predicated would happen if man renounced religion, and was left to his own devices.

Yeah, there's a bunch of stories of people meeting him and him acting like an asshole.

>netflix is funding MUH VAGINA INFINITE GENDER shit

Science - Cut off your dicks and empower women.

>it's a 'beakman' debunks myths about Hitler episode

good show

His techno-dance and appeal to pathos say more than any peer reviewed and repeated control study could ever say.

Even Imgur hates him now

w-wow so THIS is the power of science

2020s esthetic is going to be awful, isn't it?

I wonder if the DUDE SCIENCE shows like reddit & memey and Bazinga Theory had something to do with popularizing """"Science"""" so they could twist it.

>No science

Dude in the global warming episode he used a Bunsen burner, and then he blew into a blue liquid and it turned green leaving climate change deniers btfo.

How has this been received outside of Sup Forums?

Really? There's a video of a bunch of people who figured out where Bill Nye lives and went to his house. Bill Was pretty cool about it and gave them a tour. He doesn't seem like an asshole.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oea4AhFh36I

Almost complete negativity. I think Bill Nye realizes the horrible mistake he made, you can see it in his eyes. The weak laughter from the audience reinforces it.

>Almost complete negativity
proof?

he saw they were recording it... and he seem annoyed in the beginning

made me realize that the popsci shit we complained about previously really wasn't that bad

neil degrasse tyson is an actual astrophysicist with a doctorate and cosmos mainly focused on the science and history albeit with a bit of PC pandering and some heavy anti-theist overtones. is that really that bad though compared to a hack like bill nye who isn't even a scientist preaching about gender?

>Bill Nye rides in on mechanical dinosaur
>"Hey kids, you wanna hear something cool about dinosaurs?"
>Crowd goes silent in anticipation
>"It's confirmed that dinosaurs had gay sex"
>Gasps and thunderous applause
>"Some dinosaurs had multiple genders, called 'Xinosaurs'"
>Aggressive applause
>"However there were some conservative dinosaurs who tried to oppress them into two genders, male and female"
>Boo's and hisses emit from audience, somebody yells "Xinosaur lives matter!"
>"But seriously now, global warming killed off the dinosaurs, like global warming will kill us if we don't stop conservatives from oppressing those with multiple genders"
>Clapping has opened inter-dimensional portal, real dinosaurs start walking on stage.
>"Ladies and gentlemen, Xinosaurs are real!"
>Audience lines up to apologize and pay reparations to Xinosaurs, while clapping.

Plus, isn't he an engineer? I don't think he's as bad as NDT but I'm pretty sure he's just a meme.

degrasse is a fame and attention whore

Why don't you ask in one of the other dozen threads? Let this show die and then yourself, you fucking faggot.

>"Alright guys, we're gonna do some SCIENCE!"
>crowd erupts into a frenzy
>electronic dance music starts playing as Bill mixes two flasks of identical looking liquid and produces a blue solution
>the audience is turning genderfluid nonbinary as he's doing this
>"As I mix these two compounds, I want to remind you that, just like this liquid flask I'm holding, race is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!"
>chants of Black Lives Matter roar through the audience, whites are checking their privilege en masse
>suddenly a voice from the back of the audience says, "But I have data proving there's differences in IQ between the races!"
>the music stops
>the crowd turns immediately silent
>"Who said that?" shouts Bill Nye as he steps off his segway. "Who fucking said that?!"
>A lone white male stands up in the audience, with two charts showing intrinsic differences between the races
>"The facts speak for themselves! Blacks have lower IQ even when adopted by white parents!"
>deathly quiet tension in the air
>suddenly somebody starts chanting "Hate facts, hate facts, hate facts!"
>the crowd joins in
>they start encircling the white male, their chants getting louder
>a Pansexual Fairy Sprite starts screeching and hissing in demonic tongues about privilege
>this is the signal for the crowd to rush the poor white man and tear him limb from limb
>as this happens, Bill Nye drops his pants and starts masturbating at the carnage, using the flask he was holding earlier as an anal pleasure tool
>the audience joins in and partakes in a massive orgy of semen and the white male's blood
>in the midst of this, an AfroAsian queerkin finds the papers used by the white male and burns them with his bong lighter
>crowd cheers at this spectacle
>Bill Nye shouts, "That's science!"
>roll credits

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hpzcx/i_was_one_of_the_kids_on_bill_nye_the_science_guy/

reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hooym/iama_request_bill_nye/c1x4sna

>tfw we bullied him for being reddit science man
Cosmos remake wasn't that bad compared to this shit

This was the shit when i was a kid.

i havent watched this bill nye thing but cosmos is horrible and nothing will change that. it wouldnt have been half as bad if NDT didnt sound like he was jerking his dick off to science facts every time he spoke

Please tell me these aren't the actual lyrics

I have Netflix but refuse to watch this propaganda

I unsubscried yesterday because of this. That and almost everything else they produce is garbage, and they no longer have any movies that are worth a shit.

>getting that same captcha of the orange road sign in spanish

lol, what a cunt.

at least his audience hasn't changed.

>he thinks dear white people is anti-white

typical knee-jerk reactionary Sup Forumstards

youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rayxew89NyE

>damn skippy, home slice
I haven't heard those lines in 20 years.

Getting a BS and then working for a couple of years don't really make you an engineer. Guy hasn't done engineering in over 30 years.

kek

>Bill enters the stage on a segway
>audience erupts into a standing applause
>"hello everyone, today we will leans about the wonders of electricity!"
>a curtain is drawn and reveals a man dressed like donald trump hooked up to an electric chair
>audience boo's and begins to throw small objects at him
>a wall of security personnel prevent the agitated crowd from rushing the stage
"everybody calm down" Bill urges the crowd, the anger begins to lessen to a soft murmur
>"now we demonstrate the difference between AC and DC, first, we'll start with AC"
>Neil deGrasse Tyson enters the stage and pulls a giant lever
>the man in the electric chair begins to shake violently and smoke
>the crowd goes insane, the security guards can barely contain the angry mob, people begin climbing the rafters making makeshift battering rams
>"and now DC" another switch is thrown, the man in the chair has stopped moving at this point but the smoke continues to billow off his unmoving body
>the crowd is going absolutely berserk, people have turned parts of the bleachers into a batter ram and have broken through the security guards, tear gas fills the room
>Bill runs over to a gyrocopter just as the crowd begins tearing apart the security personnel
>the roof begins to open as Bill fires up the gyrocopter and straps on his helmet

I really don't understand his appeal or popularity, and think his foray into politics is ill advised. He's quite the simpleton in his debates, he wasn't really able to pull one over the creationist moron which should have been an easy task for anyone versed in debating. I think he's incredibly arrogant, and it really comes across in his show. The best parts (of which I could endure) were the ones without his grumpy old science man shtick.

Yeah man, SCIENCE! Didya know we're all made of stardust? Cool right? YEAH IT'S FUCKING COOL IT'S MOTHAFUCKIN' SCIENCE BITCH! Yeah man, you tell 'em. Religious people just don't get it, science IS AND ALWAYS IS 100% CORRECT. It's always settled. Don't like SCIENCE getting politicized? Maybe you shouldn't have voted for a bigoted transphobic BLIMPF who is anti-science and cut funding to the EPA. CLIMATE CHANGE IS THE BIGGEST MOST DANGEROUS UPCOMING THREAT COMING SOON AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE WRONG AND ANTI-SCIENCE. Look dude, don't even argue with me :) All I gotta say is SCIENCE and I'm 100% right and you're wrong. By the way we have to shift scientific thinking with regards to the gender spectrum. Biology doesn't address this enough, some women have penises, deal with it. Why aren't we using alternative energy RIGHT NOW?! These coal lobbyists will get us killed in FIVE YEARS. The globe is warming up, ice caps are melting, half our coastline cities will be DESTROYED YOU IDIOT! Nuclear alternative? Fuck that! Ever heard of Chernobyl? Never again. The only thing that can be done is revolution FOR THE PEOPLE and get rid of the corporatism KILLING OUR ENVIRONMENT!

The sad thing is this isn't really strawman at this point. Science is going to lose so much credibility in the coming years.

Which episode is the one where Bill recognises the massive contributions to science the Nazis made, from Fanta to rockets?

sounds like the real life version of the frasier character.

SUPERIOR SCIENCE MAN COMING THROUGH!!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Mr._Wizard#1983-1990:_Mr._Wizard.27s_World

>Bill Nye emerges from a smokescreen pretending to strum chords with a plastic electric guitar as speakers play Bohemian Rhapsody
>Floor becomes moist with the drool of the audience, mouths agape from sheer epicness
>*record scratch* as the camera zooms in on Nye's face
>"Now let's get serious."
>Audience quiets, preparing for major wisdom bomb
>"Folks, did you know that we can see the scientific method at work in the world of Harry Potter?"
>Audience begins clapping, gets cut off by short clip of CGI monster from Fantastic Beasts
>"It's True!" Bill proclaims, pointing to corner of screen with cutout of the exact same monster roar superimposed
>"And to illustrate this point, we've got one of the best, most intellectual scientific minds the world has ever seen..."
>Audience begins to gasp, unsure of which incredible feat comes next
>"Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone inbetween, please join me in welcoming Harry Potter!"
>Harry Potter's actor appears wearing a labcoat adorned with Gryffindor logo
>Half of the audience is now seizing
>Potter holds a metallic wand as a photoshopped picture of Donald Trump with squished Voldemort nose descends from ceiling
>"SAVO CLIMATO!"
>CG effects freeze the photograph
>All men in audience become filled with sexual violence, rip off their penises and use them as wands to shoot cum at the picture as well
>"I'm Bill Nye, and that's all the time we have today! See you next episode! Stay logical!"

>cosmos is horrible

can you explain why without memeing?

Science was never meant to be a replacement/alternative for religion, but that's what it has become in America. It's the same attitude of blind faith in a few "preachers," and blind dismissal of critical thought

>SAVO CLIMATO

Your loss they just got Midnight Meat Train again pure kino

lel

Haven't seen it yet, but that one song and dance clip makes me want to avoid it at all costs

Make sure you're doing your part, stop the plague before it spreads.

63% metacritic
5.2/10 imdb
r/television largely hated it too

RT is 83% though

Lot's of pirate streaming sites out there anyway. You're not missing much by unsubbing.

Not that most of netflix's shit was worth watching in the first place.

Hey, /tv

The observer says this show turned you all into a bunch of nazi. Is it true?

observer.com/2017/04/why-Sup Forums-isnt-buying-what-bill-nye-and-political-entertainers-are-selling/

RT is so bad, everything is high rated on that shit show of a site. I don't know why people use it

I pray to god that people under the age of 10 aren't watching his new show

even Gizmodo admitted that most of the new show is just him yelling at the viewers

I guess RT has too many literal communists that are "credible" reviewers though

Science kino in its most pure form

I'm confused about imdb, I thought they got rid of the forums yet they still seem to be there.

>mfw the guy who played Lester the rat is dead

>tfw someone on my FB wall posted something about Make Rockets Not Bombs for that stupid March for Science shit
>almost went full Sup Forums extolling virtues of the Nazis
It's hard to hide the power level sometimes.

Cultural Marxist BULLSHIT! Bill Schmuck the "Science" Cuck Destroys White Western Civilisation is what they Ought to have called it.

For god sake folks he wants to turn our children into a bunch of racemixers, homos and transtesticles

He's got to be stopped

Only good part of that movies is Bradley Cooper giving the meat train to the woman from behind.

that sums it up

It goes well with Rick and Morty, /got/ and /who/.

It is objectively bad

Wow, it's almost as if he gained more knowledge on the subject over the last 20 years and adjusted his beliefs accordingly.

So how does Bill scientifically justify the idea that male and female do not exist objectively and can change at will?

Yes, because what the World needs right now is the normalisation of mental illness.

gender is a social construct

>a mechanical engineer/actor spouts his political opinions

Yeah, it's great.

>muh Nazi science meme

Reminder the reason no one else worked on rocketry to the same scale was because it was a dumbfuck ineffectual strategy to use rockets and a massive strain on resources. Yeah, they killed thousands of Londoners, and ruined parts of London. But then, using planes to firebomb a city is far more effective and efficient.

t. Dresden, the bombing that made Goebbels cry.

pretty delusional.
half the day the site is polluted by bongs just happy to blame america for this shit.

The science is SETTLED, you backwards neanderthals!

>paying for media
You don't know shit about kino.

wew

>killed thousands of Londoners
Not even close.

he's obviously become much less intelligent and rational

>hurr durr how can I make money again?
>hurr let me pander to the mentally ill faggots who seem to be gaining traction within culture
>w-what? I'm gay now

Angry baby-men hate the new Bill Nye show

Baby-men liked real science that baby-men saw when baby-men were babies, before internet was place where baby-men could put angry baby-thoughts. New show no have men, have women. Women confuse baby-men. Women not men. Women not men at all!

Baby-men bang head against keyboard until form mad baby-words. Baby-men put mad baby-words on internet. Baby-men shriek into void.

He's an engineer. You change the plumbing.

Hellooooooooo Ghostbusters 2016

who are you quoting?

kino like rick and morty

not an argument

The problem with this bullshit is that the people who already believe it aren't having their minds engaged and the people who don't are getting mad because they never present any evidence or anything but the attitude is sanctimonious so all it really does is make more right wingers which probably wasn't their intent but idk how they thought a show with 0 educational power was going to convince anyone of anything and I'm saying this as a raging liberal

why tf is hollywood and jew york so liberal and why tf can't they just keep it in their pants they are screwing liberalism cancel the show you idiots

Jesus fucking Christ, where can I live that isn't either a feminist hell hole or Islam?

don't be a retard, they were recording, he didn't want to end up on TMZ what are you a child?

fucking 10/10, I love these