Just watched this 90s kino yesterday and my god was it hilarious. I never saw it back then...

Just watched this 90s kino yesterday and my god was it hilarious. I never saw it back then, so i can't tell if it's intentional, but the first hour or so are the most fun i've had with a movie in a long time. Also that 90s feeling is super comfy.
Please recommend me some more movies like this one.

Also, young Sarah Michelle Gellar is so goddamn fucking hot in this lol

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWPfoTH3iXc
youtube.com/watch?v=GP-FSgsWeyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How fucking underage are you?
This is does not have that distinct 90s aesthetic, or "feeling" as you've so put it, it's clearly late 90s/early 00s.

First post retarded post

Welcome to the 90's. Just google the top 90's movies, not sure if anything is similar to Cruel Intentions..

Uncomfy knowing how old the characters are supposed to be in story but the adult actors are true eye candy

It's a drama about people fucking each other over with lots of decadent people drama involving sex, I dig shit like that. Not sure what you would call that genre but it's the best thing and this and Rules of Attraction are a couple of the best of the bunch

Cruel Intentions is an adaptation of an obscure French erotic novel about 17th century aristocrats, much of the novel's tweeesty drama carries over to the movie

Isn't this film the reason Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe met? I'm sure it's not that uncommon really

>not sure if anything is similar to cruel intentions

Really?

What a shit movie though, it could have been a 20 minute short and it would've conveyed the exact same story but nooooo, have an extra hour of filler

I raise you

I know what Dangerous Liasons is, you don't need to educate me. There are multiple film versions but they're shitty Japanese, German, French rewrites. The 90's rewrite is the only one worth watching.

Name 1 90's movie similar to Cruel Intentions. I'll wait...

90s kino thread?

Yes.

Love Cruel Intentions. It feels like an exaggeration, satire, and even celebration of the post-Scream teen movie and the 90s itself minus the horror elements. In that sense movies like Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Cruel Intentions feel linked in a way.

Cruel Intentions 2 is mediocre though. Watch only for naughty Amy Adams.

>Also, young Sarah Michelle Gellar is so goddamn fucking hot in this lol

ugh...creep

>90s kino
>picks out a '99 film

I know you were probably born after '99 but as someone who experienced the turn of the century, there was a dramatic shift in culture/technology late 90s onwards, much like how late '00s is almost its own decade because of social media. For example, about what I mean, people in 92' still had to memorize phone numbers of friends, and there were still an emphasis on doing stuff together, usually outdoors because vidya hadn't been respectable yet. Fast forward to late '90s, the net has blown up, vidya is now widely accepted, cartoon golden age is over, CGI is the wave of the future, big budget movies are now a thing, less cheesiness because you need a return on investment, Bill Clinton years winding down, terrorism is now a thing, everyone is messaging online and not having to have real face time anymore.

Late 90s and I think every 'teen' actor in this movie also starred in Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger adverts if anyone remembers there was a cobranding or some strange coincidence

I read one sentence of that and my arsehole literally clenched. It's so cringey I can't read on.

Please don't post on Sup Forums again. Have you tried Sup Forums?

I would fuck all three of them desu

As they looked back then, anyways.

Or was it Levi's? I can't remember anymore

So butthurt. I'm merely reverberating the first post in the tread.

I know that you gen z people loathe discussing actual cultural differences between the gens/time periods, but I just thought it was relevant because OP's film is neither a classic staple of the 90s like he says it is. It's clearly he didn't live in the 90s, so why is he saying it captures a 90s aesthetic?

You mean turn of the millennium, right? I mean if you're going to lecture someone at least don't downplay that angle. It's a pretty casual, cursory, offhand assessment you have there, no offense. You didn't even mention Y2K, which was a pretty BFD culturally. and terrorism while ongoing for ever and ever was really cemented for most Americans on 9-11 decidedly after the turn of the millennium. Yes, there were incidents like Lockerbie and the first WTC attack in their respective decades, but the latenight CNN Wolf Blitzer America Strikes Back and the 24 hour news cycle etc is due to 9-11. I could write maybe 10,000 characters on this point minimally, but I don't wanna beat you over the head with it. Unless you mean Columbine as the start of American terrorism in a new way which happened under Clinton. That's a topic that's been done to death on Sup Forums but never fails to entertain me to some degree. I think because I like to think of 90s America as mini-Camelot, not 50s-60s American Camelot, but things were nice at least where I grew up.

>I never saw it back then
because you weren't born yet.

>released in the 90s (therefore making it a 90s movie regardless)
>satire on 90s youth culture
>soundtrack is distinctly 90s
>tonally similar to many other mid 90s and onwards teen films like this user mentions

Yes there were cultural changes throughout the 90s but Cruel Intentions is still distinctly 90s. 1995-1999 may not be the early 90s but its still the 90s user.

I don't want to get into an autism level back and forth. I just wouldn't kick off a '90s film thread with such a fairly weak representative of the era. It's also obnoxious to people who actually lived in the 90s, for someone born after you, to tell you, 'look at this cool film with a 90s aesthetic'. How can you know?

I mean, by '99, almost all '90s fashion trends had disappeared, and the early '00s looks came in. People had already switched hair styles. Mullets in the long rear view mirror. bowl cuts as well, Girls had that Rachel cut from Friends. People looked the same in '03 as they did in '99.

What about Valmont?

Never watched it. Is it good?

youtube.com/watch?v=eWPfoTH3iXc
youtube.com/watch?v=GP-FSgsWeyg

>website of the movie prominently displayed
aahh the nostalgia

Good choice

>full of Tommy Hilfigher models
>literally everyone the characters' age who saw this movie when it came out wore JNCOs or was an early adopter of Tripp pants

SMG was so much hotter as a brunette

A man finding a twenty-two year old attractive ...

HOW AWFUL
ONLY SOCJUS CAN SAVE US FROM THE MENACE OF MEN FINDING ATTRACTIVE ADULT WOMEN ATTRACTIVE