Will the second movie happen? Should it? I really liked the first one desu

Will the second movie happen? Should it? I really liked the first one desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck
youtube.com/watch?v=9To3QSxwAmQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_(film)
io9.gizmodo.com/5747305/how-much-money-does-a-movie-need-to-make-to-be-profitable
knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/lights-china-action-how-china-is-getting-into-the-global-entertainment-business/
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/ps4-sales-sony-full-year-profit/
venturebeat.com/2016/07/28/sonys-playstation-division-accounted-for-78-of-its-q1-2016-profits/
techcrunch.com/2016/11/01/sony-q2-2016/
gamespot.com/articles/sony-profits-down-54-despite-strong-playstation-pe/1100-6447485/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fans of the game liked the movie, from all that i've heard (myself included).

dunno why you'd see a warcraft movie if you didn't play the games/know the lore. fuck critics. there better be a whole scaled universe planned

i dont know the lore, and i enjoyed it

probably never, it flopped, it didn't manage to satisfy the fans of the series and it wasn't near engaging enough a movie to please moviegoers that didn't know what warcraft was

honestly they should have just cut their losses and started with Arthas, its pretty much the best story to be told in the entire series

The movie was saved by having fucking Ragnar Lodbrok as the MC. Since Vikings is over he's gonna be full time Lothar.

They better make a second AND a third, I want my fucking warcraft 3 movie

It was surprisingly not shit. The magic was handled well and everything. It wasn't just energy beams pew pew like in late Harry Potter, for instance.

I'd watch a second, and third one, as I'd too like to see a W3 movie. Doesn't seem likely though.

I'm the huge fan and even I think that the movie was shit

arthas is the story of a young, rash, idealistic paladin who in desperation turns to dark forces beyond his understanding in the face of insurmountable opposition.

to say, its the fucking star wars prequels, except without fucking space ships.

>fans of the game liked the movie
Not really, it underperformed in every country but China.

Warcraft is trash, fuck off/v/

It absolutely should happen. If it does, I hope the orcs get toned down slightly, as they were stupidly big in the first movie.

It was alright. Atrocious editing but was better than any other vidya movie I've seen.

Autist. this is a forum dedicated to the discussion of movies. Warcraft is a movie.

Fuck off.

>reddit spacing
Die in a fire Sup Forumsirgin

8/10

China's patrician saved the sequels, we should be praising them.

Never played the game or anything but I thought the movie was very fun and a nice change up from all the grimdark bullshit every other action/fantasy movie is doing

>le reddit boogeyman
LOL GUIZE I FIT IN SEE I HATE REDDIT

fuck off

What the fuck is "reddit spacing" Sounds like someone spends half their time on reddit

KYS

>default insult is to go to something about reddit.

Boy, summer time already?

It will get a sequel.

Other movies have done much shittier at the box office and been universally panned, yet still received sequels.

A friend and I saw it having never played either Warcraft or WoW and we loved it.

Hopefully the next Warcraft movie is about Arthas, his Culling of Stratholme, his journey to Northrend to get Frostmourne, becoming a Death Knight, killing his father, scarring Silvermoon, raising Kel'Thuzad, then becoming the host of the LK

Arthas is Anakin done right.

That's curious. What about it did you like? I only ask because while I did enjoy it I have no idea how anyone who has never been invested in the world could possibly find it appealing.

The movie did great in China, so it's guaranteed that there will be sequels. But Blizzard will probably not invest too heavily in the US marketing for the sequels.

I don't know anything about Warcraft lore but liked it

Uther: Glad I could make it, Arthas.

Arthas: I watch my tone with you, old man. I may be the prince, but you're still my superior as a paladin.

Uther: As if you could forget. Yes Arthas, there's something about the plague I should know. ...Oh no, it's already begun. These people may look fine now, but it's only a matter of time before they turn into the Undead!

Arthas: What?!

Uther: This entire city must be purged.

Arthas: How can I even consider that? There's got to be some other way.

Uther: Damn it, Arthas! As my future king, order me to purge this city!

Arthas: I am not your king yet, old man. Nor should you obey that command even if I were.

Uther: Then you must consider this an act of treason.

Arthas: Treason?! Have I lost my mind, Uther?

Uther: Have you? Prince Arthas, by right of succession and the sovereignty of your crown, you must hereby relieve me of my command, and suspend my paladins from service.

Jaina: Uther! He can't just--

Uther: It's done! Those of you who have the will to save this land, follow him. The rest of you... get out of his sight.

Arthas: I've just crossed a terrible threshold, Uther.

Jaina: ...Arthas?

Arthas: I'm sorry, Jaina. You can't watch me do this.

I sure as fuck hope so i loved it. The fight between Gul'Dan and Durotan was great.

>lich kino when

youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

I liked it, but it really shows the age of the game. Garona in particular looked really fucking out of place next to the more "real" feeling orc women.

Didn't Metzen retire right after this bombed? I'd assume no 2nd.

It made $800 million in China. As long as they're willing to make it without spooky skeletons they're guaranteed to make billions.

the fuck are you talking about you godddamn retard he was nothing like lothar, he was complete fucking shit at the role, idc if it was his fault or the director's or just the fact that lothar is nothing like that and they wanted a pretty boy maverick kind of character to sell the movie but that was absolute bottom tier 0/10 casting

So I guess Lich King movie will never happen...

It only made $433.7 million overall. It probably didn't even break even.

Thought i was having a stroke there for a second

youtube.com/watch?v=9To3QSxwAmQ
if you liked it you should feel bad.
faggot Duncan Jones said his movie was better than Tolkien in part because it had "diversity."
jesus fucking christ

>movie is called Warcraft
>they don't actually craft wars

someone explain this to me

It was the way they titled previous games

Starcraft, Diablocraft, Vikingcraft, etc

I went in blind knowing nothing about this movie and I enjoyed the shirt out of it

I only played the game once 15 years ago for about an hour

Wooosh

Right over your head

Considering how shitty the first one was, no, it shouldn't happen.

The story of the First War is one of the simplest there are in Warcraft and they managed to fuck it all up to...fuck, I don't even know who they were trying to please.

Imagine them trying to adapt the Second War which has more characters, more Gul'dan's shenanigans and more unit diversity.

>No
>No
>Low standards.

>Build giant army
>Build giant gate with enemies on the other side
>Proceed to send army through to build another gate so you may fight yet more enemies
>Not crafting war
Explain that to me.

The setting as a whole was beautiful, anything with the orcs was great, music was great. And hot damn, the Gul Dan battle with Durotan and the final battle was pure sex. Best fantasy I've seen a long damn time tbqh. And the free copy of WoW we got at the screening made it even comfier. Still haven't bothered to play it, but the movie was still great regardless.

>tfw we will never get a Lich King movie because China is fucked

right, you can't do the undead at all in china. Its literally illegal.

so people saying 'DO ARFAS' are even dumber than I first thought

>right, you can't do the undead at all in china. Its literally illegal.
what? why?

are zombies and skeletons offensive to their emperor or some dumb shit like that?

>No Kilrog and Cho'gal fucking up the invasion of Stormwind and being pissy with each other
>No Ner'zhul chained up in Gul'dan's tent being a sarcastic asshole to him
>Doomhammer is a fucking frostwolf for some reason
>Garona is a half human somehow
>Medihv went to Kalimdor and slept with either a Night Elf or maybe a Tauren
What even was this movie

same here. I think it blew the whole lord of the walk triology if anything the only people complaining are butthurt fans and idiots who dont like it because it was based off of a game. I never played the fucking game and dont care if it was based on one. the action scenes and the magic where great it was a fantasy movie that finally delivered.

What did he mean by this?

they're "communist." any depiction of an afterlife or life after death undermines the authority of the state.

how old are you, goddamn

*out of the water

old enough to know willow was fucking better than lord of the rings you child

Why do you think that, though? What was good about it?

>tfw see the "bake it" version so often forgot what the original was like

>Have I lost my mind, Uther?
everrytime

>flopped
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_(film)

Budget $160 million
Box office $433.7 million

yeah, it flopped REAL hard

it was a fantasy movie that had fantasy elements. the characters had motives for the most part and it wasnt bogged down with boring scenery and anticlimactic battles. the wizards actually wiz'd the warriors fought and the orcs where fascinating. I like how it was an alien invasion but in a fantasy setting as well. It was enjoyable.

oh

you're a mentally retarded middle aged man

Not saying you're wrong about willow of course, the lord of the rings movies were far too sterile and empty, but to think warcraft was anything other than crap is symptomatic of brain damage.

whatever floats your boat friendo

>my opinions are fact unless you claim they're wrong

... uh huh

why do they let tards on the internet? I never quite understood that.

This movie was far from a bomb. It didnt do well domestically. But it killed it internationally.

Luckily and unfortunately that seems to be the aim of Hollywood these days. Just look at Fast 8.

It might be a couple more years but I can see an announcement at next years comic con.

It was an alright 6.5/10 dumb action flick.
Could have been a 7 if they cut out the "romance" scenes that disturbed the pacing.

Not him but most of that money (around $220 mil) came from China and the Studio only gets 25% of the ticket sales. Unless they made somekind of deal beforehand.

So it barely broke-even, if marketing/PR is included.

different user but,

I think it's useful to point out that the movie is bad mostly because warcraft lore is one of the most terrible pieces of fantasy ever, riddled with plot holes, inconsistencies and continuity errors, informal retcons, poor character development, way too much CIS (character induced stupidity), etc...

no. death is held to be sacred in China.

they can't do arthas because china will block any movie that depicts an afterlife or life after death.

meaning they have to cut teron gorefiend and the deathknights from wc2, if they do it at all.

furthermore china pocketed the standard 80% from foreign trade, despite the fact they own legendary.

There isn't going to be another warcraft movie.

this is the best

... because life after death would undermine the authority of the state by giving people something other than the glory of the state to live/work for.

bullshit

"So as a ballpark figure, studios generally take in around 50-55 percent of U.S. box office money."

io9.gizmodo.com/5747305/how-much-money-does-a-movie-need-to-make-to-be-profitable

actually, maybe not:

(same article)
"According to the book The Hollywood Economist by Edward Jay Epstein, studios take in about 40 percent of the revenue from overseas release — and after expenses, they're lucky if they take in 15 percent of that number."

>U.S. box office money.
We are talking about china here.

knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/lights-china-action-how-china-is-getting-into-the-global-entertainment-business/
>Hollywood can enter the Chinese market in three ways: through revenue-sharing films, flat-fee movies and co-producing a movie with a Chinese company. The quota of 34 films applies to revenue-sharing films, which lets foreign studios take 25% of the box office receipts or about half the norm for other parts of the world.

>US
>china

>What even was this movie

An amalgam of Metzen's retarded retcons, Jones' own ideas and studio meddling. I'm not sure about Jones but two out of these three can't write.

Will it? Maybe. Should it? No.

no. you are an idiot.

The movie did pretty well in China but it bombed everywhere else. I don't know why you think that because it made 200m in china, but completely flopped in all other markets, means it WILL get a sequel.

Who w3arena here?

>studios generally take in around 50-55 percent of U.S. box office money
>50-55 percent of U.S. box office money
>U.S. box office money
>U.S

Wow, you sure showed him.

your lack of counter argument is noted

>doesn't read any other posts in this thread
>even the next one down

>>>/reddit/

>spouts bullshit
>expects others to validate his claims

fuck off

>Sony opens their own studio and makes movies
>they are mostly shit and barely break even
>Sony makes games and consoles
>they pretty much print money and are rightnow the most successful part of the company

>Blizzard makes games
>they pretty much print money
>Blizzard makes their own studio to make game-based movies
>their first one barely breaks even and its mostly shit
really fired up the neurons

I enjoyed it and only played a few times

You're retarded. Video Games is actually one of Sony's least profitable divisions. The president of PlayStation even said that only 3 out of 10 of their games turn a profit. The divisions that make them the most money are Finance and Cameras.

If Sony was just a video game company they would have folded by now.

You what? Sony Pictures made Sony lose 1 billion dollars during a single quarter last year. They do not break even, and Video Games does not "print money" for them because it hardly makes them anything. Learn more about companies by reading their fiscal reports before sounding like a dumb ass with posts like this..

Must have been recent then since the PS4 was the only part making a profit in 2015 and stood for most of the profits in 2016.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/ps4-sales-sony-full-year-profit/

>fans of the game liked the movie, from all that i've heard

You might be retarded, it was awful.

>and Video Games does not "print money" for them because it hardly makes them anything
I know, I am talking about how the gaming division is the only successful part of the company carrying all that dead weight. I guess it was my mistake in mentioning the film divison "barely break even", since it is as you said atrocious and a reason why everything the PS4 tries to do gets reduces to loss.

But point being, Blizzard shoudl just avoid it alltogether and stick with gaming.

Still,

I read this article, and it seems like it's only talking about the Sony Play Station brand and not Sony as a whole in regards to profitability and revenue for that section. Video games have never been their most successful division and you can see this in their financial reports.

>I know, I am talking about how the gaming division is the only successful part of the company carrying all that dead weight.
No, that's finance. Once again, you should look at their financial reports. Stop being retarded.

they should make all the warcraft 3 campaigns and final battle is Arthas vs Illidan

>Q1
venturebeat.com/2016/07/28/sonys-playstation-division-accounted-for-78-of-its-q1-2016-profits/
>Q2
techcrunch.com/2016/11/01/sony-q2-2016/
>Sony’s PlayStation business, its most notable performer, saw sales decline by 11 percent year-on-year primarily due to currency changes. With 319.9 billion JPY ($3.2 billion) generated from the quarter, it was again Sony’s top performing business unit.
>Q3
gamespot.com/articles/sony-profits-down-54-despite-strong-playstation-pe/1100-6447485/

blizzard don't make the movie, it was Legendary for the most part

sauce on this weenie genie