Why didn't you see Star Trek Beyond?

Why didn't you see Star Trek Beyond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Into Darkness was a steaming pile of shit. Beyond wasn't even worth the effort to pirate

I did, though.

Beyond more than made up for the shitshow that was Into Darkness.

there wasn't any Star treking, they spend all film on that boring planet, finding conviniently hidden ships and shit everywhere. and another revenge story ofc

i didnt even know they made any sequels

Didn't go see Into Darkness, but Beyond was pretty fun. At least every main member of the crew did something worthwhile. It sort of felt like an episode from the original series (Or at least how I remember it to be).

1 and 2 were shit and shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I am torn. I really like Quinto, Pegg and Pine

You don't crash the ship at the beginning of the movie.

because i hate this cast and the movie looked like more action dreck.

/thread

Because Simon Pegg is awful

Beyond had the greatest moment in cinema history: the beastie boys scene. The rest of the movie around it was alright too.

Beyond was okayish, but after the shit that was into darkness, I hated Rotten and I hated Star Trek. Seeing Beyond was a fluke. Fag Sulu made me tell others it was shit.

Friends told me they skipped it because Sulu was a fag.

Cause is looked shitty. JJ is a hack director who ruined a thinking man's main stream Star Trek.

Beyond was boring as fuck.

Beyond was overrated

I did.

Nobody saw Beyond because the two that came before it were garbage. Beyond was actually quite good, though. It struck a nice balance between classic Trek and summer blockbuster and, unlike Abrams, Lin is a formally accomplished director who actually knows how to stage an action scene.

shitty bad guy wants revenge story YET AGAIN who cares.

I'll just re-watch TNG and DS9 instead.

>villain says unity is actually a weakness, not a strength
>defeated because he relies on unity thus proving him right

Beeeessss Innnnnnnn SPaaaaaace

Pegg is a fucking retard. I knew it would be awful as soon as I saw he was involved

I did. It was the best Trek movie since Star Trek VI and probably twice as good as any of the new Star Wars movies.

I really really liked Beyond, but desu it didnt have much of a lasting impact and im not totally torn up about this news. Gorgeous colorful movie with fun setpieces and characters though.
>that bike chase
had me having genuine fun. It ended good too.

I did. It wasn't very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

it's the worst star trek film since nemesis

>Watch Beyond
>Feel like Scotty has a weird amount of screentime compared to other movies
>Look up production
>Actor playing Scotty also wrote the script

Really makes you consider.

Since Nemesis? Hmm yea I can see that.

Really? Deleted it after 10 mins. Boring. I fapped to that Romulan Commander so many times.

Movies 2 and 3: Scotty says he is uncomfortable in a militaristic atmosphere and that starfleet shouldn't be militaristic. He literally chose a profession where he is surrounded by uniformed people with weapons whose job is sometimes to fight other people with weapons in hostile terrain. Hmmm.

Simon Pegg is equally to blame as JJ Abrams for ruining STar TRek

Just another show or movie that just had to have a fag. 3% of humanity keeps popping up in everything. There's about 30% Conservative Christians out there, yet the only time anyone says Thank God or Oh God was in an episode of Voyager.
And I remember those cunts being so proud of themselves. We have a fag character guys, OOOOHHHH, just see how diverse we are. Yeah, You movie bombed, how you like them apples. ahahahahahah

Because it was Simon Peggy fanfic garbage.

what the fucking fuck are you babbling about?

Captain Kirk conducts a Christian wedding in the original series and several episodes of TNG and DS9 had lowkey gay themes. Don't be a dickhead.

If you think either of the Abrams films were better than Beyond you have irredeemably bad taste.

You know when a fag's longer? When they've been stretched by a rope. You had better Watch out, freak.

>Enterprise is beaten and disabled quickly by a more advanced evil ship
>The bad guy turns out to have a personal grudge against the Federation
>Kirk learns to act more responsible and accept his destiny
>The theme of the movie is the Enterprise crew is a family

Every one of these fucking movies is the same. The only change here is that technically the bad guys were technically a thousand little ships acting together instead of one big ship.

Simon Pegg's pacifism and hero worship of Gene Roddenberry really screw with the show. Gene Roddenberry was good at writing Star Trek when he was still fresh out of the army and LAPD, but was a tyrannical hippy on the TNG production staff

I said the only good one, is one that's either dying or dead. Otherwise, keep those freaks obscure. There was a time those things were not even mentioned for fear of reprisals. Now scum's boasting about them every five seconds. This world needs to burn.

Gene Rot and Buried wanted to sell fag shit, but thankfully they put that idea to rest when he did.

I didn't know it was out.

Honestly, its hard for fandom to notice this but film marketing recently sucks. Nobody knew anything about GITS either.

Small groups of obsessive people will make a lot of noise on the internet but they've got to stop thinking dropping a trailer on Youtube is the same as promoting a film.

2 dads

I did. I was bored one day and wanted to leave my house and my local kinosphere doesn't have a single only policy.

It was the most bland, mediocre and predictable movie I had seen in a while that wasn't produced by Kevin Feige

I'm glad kids like you have the internet to take out your frustrations on these days instead of taking out your outcast rage by beating on the little kids on the playground like back in the day. I hope having a venting space is therapeutic and helpful for your troubled mind.

I did, on a whim after the awful Into Darkness, and it was far and away the best of the three.

It was the last movie I saw with my dad before he died. He was really looking forward to the TV series that is going to come out some time.

I'm so sorry :(

I did.

Now I'm waiting for the new TV series to start.

The fuck's taking so long?

Fuck Google, I'm not a corporation supporter.

I could threaten, berate, and encourage little nancies and billies, to harm themselves and with harm, and nothing never ever happens. this is the best thing ever.

I'm sorry user, but that's a nice experience to end on. Also saw it w my old dad bc we used to watch tng as it aired, both enjoyed it more than we thought we would.

You know what's underrated? Star Trek V, a great fable about the evils of pied piper leaders promising a free lunch

I'm fine with a sequel or no sequel. Beyond was pretty good

They should lower the budget on them and hire passionate writers who actually give a shit about the lore to write some new stories. If they can't come up with anything, then let it rip in peace

>nu Trek is dead
One cancerous franchise created by JJ Abrams is dead.

Hopefully Nu Wars will follow in a few years.

The first two were shit, and Pine is literal box office poison.

That being said I did see it and thought it was alright other than SABOTAGE

I did. It was the best new Star Trek and still pretty bleh

Star Trek has always been second banana to STAR WARS

I did, the alien chick was pretty hot looking.

Film itself was mediocre, you could tell Pegg had a lot to do with it.

nu wars killed nu trek hype.

oh yes. And hopefully the new gay, tranny, diverse, feminist trek series, will also crash and burn. The future's looking brighter and brighter.

Nobody gives a shit about your insecurity about your sexual fantasies, ok

tell it to your head shrink

But it will crash and burn, you degenerate freak, it will burn. As will they. The future's going to be bright, like the sun.

but the truth is actually just the opposite

I saw it and I hated it. The 3d completely ruined the experience for me. Also it was stupid as fuck how they realized the alien bad guy was Idris Elba.

Into Darkness was much better than Beyond though. Not even memeing

Damn

I wanted to go see it with my Dad, but last summer I was super busy with my new job and such so I couldn't find the time.

I didn't even see the first 3 movies

Beyond was pretty fucking fun

Agreed.

>saw it with my dad
>he loved it
>he went back to the native reservation where he lives
>seen him once since then, at Christmas (he came up with his brother/my uncle)
>only saw him on Christmas day even though he was here for a few days
>uncle texted me after they left saying I should've hung out with him more

not sure what to feel

I honestly really like the new cast.

But these movies are not written like star trek. They are basically The Fast and the Furious with the Trek characters. I dont want a summer action film, I want a star trek film. That's why I dont like them.

This 100%

nah

Hmm? The way they split everyone up during the first half or so of Beyond was basically as classic Star Trek episodic feel as you can get in a 2 hour movie

god damn couldn't they have given the guy in the gray jumpsuit some tape or something

ya this is the closest you'll get to a classic star trek feel..it had to find a balance with a summer action movie and it did..

faggot sulu

There's never really any star trekking in a lot of the original movies either.

Because everything that JJ touches turns to garbage.

Beyond is the best star trek movie since undiscovered country. Literally all the TNG movies sucks.

I watched it but I might as well have not because I don't remember a damn thing about it.

I did see it. I've been a Star Trek fan my whole life.

Watching that movie was like watching something I love die on screen for two hours.

Plus Simon Pegg made the movie entirely about his character. He's a self righteous English cunt and I truly hate him.

I CAN'T STAND IT I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT
BUT I'M GONNA SET IT STRAIGHT, THIS WATERGATE
I CAN'T STAND ROCKING WHEN I'M IN HERE
BECAUSE YOUR CRYSTAL BALL AIN'T SO CRYSTAL CLEAR

That's just false, I get opinions but this is far better than the last two and if this one made your hopes die you clearly didn't see the previous two.

Also, the movie is more about Mccoy and spock than him

Nope it was utter and complete fucking garbage.

Pegg purposely sidelined the characters everyone loves to satisfy his own ego. The lead villain was terrible. The plot is terrible. The new characters agree terrible. It's one of the worst Star Trek movies ever made and I'm glad it killed the new franchise

I did, and it was probably the best of the three modern movies.

Simon Pegg told me to stop caring about nerd culture

LISTEN ALLAH-YAW

>Pegg purposely sidelined the characters everyone loves to satisfy his own ego.

Who supposedly got sidelined?

>music in space

yeah no

I buy the 2 first movies in bluray
but, I am really tired of Chris Pine

>Beyond wasn't even worth the effort to pirate
It was the closest to a Trek movie we got out of the three new ones.

TNG remake?

What are you talking about? There is 10x more story for Mccoy and great characterizations for everyone involved.

Haven't talked to mine in 7 months now.

>Beyond had the greatest moment in cinema history

Sorry user. It was a good one to go out on. My mom was an old school trekker and she said it was her favorite Star Trek movie of all time.

I tried to twice but fell asleep both times.
Oh well, good thing I still have ds9 on Netflix to watch.