Modern floorball sticks?

Any good players on here? I used to play at a pretty high level (national championship at age 16) but haven't touched a stick in 10 years. I'm supposed to start again, but I know nothing about modern sticks. Last development I remember was when curved shafts and those bubbles were the hot new thing. What's changed since? What are the best brands and models now?

I currently have a Unihoc Player Top Light 26 from 2006, which was a good stick back then, but I have to replace the grip on it anyway and I know enough to always have a backup stick, so I'm looking for a new one. Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVAsPTgvu34
youtube.com/watch?v=uzgwZRpXXP4
youtube.com/watch?v=DGB-uP3xS9U
youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz0YEkNAIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2017 + 2 - 1
>he's not using Salming
Suicide yourself.

That's the wrestling sub only Americans go there.

altnerative
eternal skateboarding general is there

That doesn't change the fact that only Americans go there and no American can answer my question. Go away, why are you so bothered by my thread rää. Hide it from the catalog if it's too much to see in this catalog full of quality threads.

maybe try /hoc/?
it's 11pm on a sunday for anyone who plays floorball, not a good time to ask something so specific

If you still play floorball past the age of 15 then you need to rethink life, Pekka

11pm on a sunday sounds like a very active time to go on the internet if you ask me, but I know it's not likely I'll get an answer. Doesn't hurt to try though.
I was 16 or 17 when I stopped playing, but my friends got a team back together and I figured I'd give it a shot.

Kinda insane how I hadn't touched a stick in 10 years yet was still able to stick handle without looking at the ball, kill bouncing balls etc. like it was yesterday. It was actually kinda FUN.

I'm just jesting, I kinda want to get back into it, or playing any sport, but I sucked ass at it. But that's mostly because my coaches kept playing me as a forward when I was like 185+ cm tall and weighed 90 kg. Couldn't handle the ball or have any stamina for shit but I could mow down every twig that tried to get past me when I was a defender.

I doubt it really matters what kind of stick you get as long as you don't get those stupid sticks with the zorro blade, the tech can't really have progressed all that much in 10 years in a sport nobody plays like floorball.

It's fucking floor hockey. It's not like that shit is hard.

You clearly haven't seen division 6 floor hockey to say such a thing.
>the tech can't really have progressed all that much in 10 years
Back when I played, and I had to replace sticks multiple times a year because they were so heavily used I kept track on the newest trends and that shit changed year to year. Like I said the last new trend I remembered where sticks with a shaft that bended a little (I have one, those gave INSANE wrist shots) and shafts with one or two bubbles (I might've had one of those too, can't really remember what the point was).

There must be something new in the 10 years even if those things were memes. Not saying you still couldn't play with just a good traditional light stick of course.

you're fucking gay

yeah and your flag's a leaf, what's your point?

the stick you posted in the op literally looks like a childrens toy you buy for $5 from walmart. And here you are getting so serious about it.

>to the untrained eye I can't tell the difference
wow what amazing insight, please tell me more. those $5 sticks are fucking plastic inside for starters. not reinforced carbon fiber.

Floorball is about ten times better than furpuck. and stay put.

are there ever problems playing floorball?
here adult floorhockey often becomes a shit show because people start playing the body, some games break into fights with cops having to come, my highschool had to drop their league because people were just pushing around the net

ice hockey requires a bit more skill and discipline, think being more vulnerable you do less shit

>are there ever problems playing floorball?
mostly shit refs who call penalty on everything

>Hey Sven, what do you want to be when you grow up?
>A floor ball ref!
>Son I am proud

>but I have to replace the grip on it anyway
unihoc sells good grips. I think you have to have the same brand on the grip as the stick according to the rules.

>and I know enough to always have a backup stick, so I'm looking for a new one. Any advice?
Unihoc is the best brand. Salming are decent an reliable. Fatpipe's grips are dogshit, but other than that they're good. Exel is wew lad, worst blades in the market. Stay far far away from Zorro.

I used to ref floorball for 6 years, mostly men's divisons 2-6 so the equivalent of beer leagues to those who just didn't care enough to try and make it to the """pros""". division 6 was sometimes tough, but in those six years I had to eject maybe 3-5 people because they were overly aggressive or drunk.

I mean I ejected more people than that, but for legitimate. I meant behaviour not suited for the pitch like picking fights or still having alcohol in your system from last night.

Allright so Unihoc is still the best brand? I used unihoc exclusively from 2003-2006ish so that's good news. I've actually replaced the grip on this stick once before, didn't know about that rule but looks like it's a Unihoc grip anyway.

legitimate fouls*

oh, here people that cant skate do this
youtube.com/watch?v=jVAsPTgvu34
if refs don't call everything it gets bad quick

yeah that looks like fun but it also looks like a total fucking mess. floorball is a real organized sport with real rules, where as ball hockey looks more like a fun activity.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzgwZRpXXP4

>manlets and brown people

great sport finland

Unihoc REPLAYER TEXTREME FEATHER LIGHT F26 seems like a pretty great stick, no?

Those Textreme sticks are insanely expensive though. I guess I'll stick with the Unihoc Epic Super Top Light F26, unless the Replayer Top Light II F26 feels better at the store.

Fucking säbäjonnes :D enjoying your soy?

I'm sorry honestly but floorball was the sport for those who sucked at hockey and footy. I mean anyone who has stamina and decent speed can just run past your average säbäjonne.

I deadlift 200kg and enjoy floorball while you're an obese manchild trying to call others soy on the internet.

what

wait floorball is a real sport?

I enjoy playing footy in Div 3 and wreck my friends playing Div 3 salibandy. You mad säbäboi?

I also play football and the occasional pond hockey, and if you weren't so retarded you'd realize that the comparison of div 3 to div 3 makes no fucking sense. Div 3 in floorball is company activity day -tier. It's almost as if one is a bigger sport than the other.

Yes.
We have a sport for every rival country.
Floorball (innebandy) is the Sweden vs Finland sport.
Bandy (on iced football pitch) is Sweden vs Russia sport.

Wrestling is pretty popular in britbongland as well

Yeah but floorball is pretty exclusive Finland and Sweden with minor participation from the Swiss and the Czechs.

Lads, forget this gay floorball shit and let's discuss the latest applications of sport technology to crabcock.

>div 3 is company activity day -tier

My point exactly.

Don't get me wrong, floorball is fun, but I can't just take it seriously and all the people I know who do are just silly :D
like handball or pesäpallo.

Not sure what you mean by "taking it seriously". It's a fun sport to play and I've played for over a decade but I don't watch games on TV or anything.
>all the people I know who do are just silly
If playing the game qualifies as "taking it seriously" then that's like a quarter of the population. I don't know anyone who's every played pesäpallo and maybe 1-2 handball players. That's a lot of people to be silly just because they like a fun activity on the weekends.

Also I know your story is full of shit, because someone who only played football couldn't outrun anyone while being able to handle the ball. If you play both sports then no shit you do well in them?

shit, I was imagining OP was talking about mini sticks the whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=DGB-uP3xS9U

oh yeah, if I posted an entire stick the thumbnail would just look like a straight line

youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz0YEkNAIA it's not a very good tv sport unfortunately

>quarter of the population
Delusional

>handling the ball is difficult
Just put the stick on either side of yourself and hold the ball on the curve the blade. Run.

I don't mean a quarter of the population is playing it currently, but at some point in their lives. It's the most popular hobbyist sport in Finland, with bigger numbers than football (but less money ofc).

>Just put the stick on either side of yourself and hold the ball on the curve the blade. Run.
t. never even played the sport if you think this is true

Think back to school PE class. The difference between people who played the sport and people who didn't wasn't quite as big as in hockey, but much bigger than in football.

I'm more specifically talking about the non-mandatory PE classes where there were no fatties and nerds.

Fuck outta here loser. You're not impressing anyone

To get back on topic I think I've narrowed it down to Unihoc Epic Super Top Light F26 and Unihoc Epic Miracle Light F26.

I think I'll go with miracle light, any reason not to?

Nobody here actually plays floorball, just go with whatever looks solid and doesn't cost 20 bucks

There's always a possibility someone will scroll through the catalog and see this post hours from now

Maybe tomorrow, floorball isn't exactly exploding in popularity outside of the Nordics

It's tomorrow now.

I was informed 100% carbon fiber sticks break much more easily than 90/10 or similiar carbon fiber/glass fiber mixes. This certainly puts a new twist on this decision, those older sticks weren't exactly sturdy to begin with.

the rules are pretty strict. you're not allowed to check at all or even hit someone's stick unless the ball is in the middle. which sounds like a lame rule but if floorball allowed hockey style slashing it would be a damn mess. talented defenders know how to hit the ball and not the stick and you get that satisfying "yoink!" feeling when done properly

is it fun to play recreationally

yes, that's why it's so popular as a sport for school/company teams

>i will never again make a big ass curve for this 1euro stick, so the ball just sticks there,so i can just style over some fools

sad

Exel is the new shit pekka, look like shit tho.

you're mistaken, exel was always shit *badam-tss*