TWIN PEAKS

Season 3 predicitons? hopes? fears?

Will they recast Annie and Donna or are they just ded?

What the fuck does the ring even fucking do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/16ZPJE8PZT8?t=151
youtu.be/SfPv57KBpJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really hope BOB doesn't turn out to be possessing a woman. Will feel forced.

>Hopes

That it isn't what people expect and want it to be. I want it to be off putting for normie tv audiences

>Fears

That it'll look like garbage. He shot on digital, and he shot a shitton of footage, and directed all of it himself. I worry that it won't look cinematic, that it won't look as good as his past films.

>He shot on digital, and he shot a shitton of footage, and directed all of it himself.
That sounds amazing though, Lynch is the only mainstream filmmaker other than Mann who does digital right.

I hope it's not what you expect either, and Lynch caps off his career with something genuinely beautiful and uplifting

Are you talking about Inland Empire? That movie looked like shit.

Irrelevant though, he's shooting this on HD Digital. But I just worry that with such a hectic shooting schedule, that there wasn't time to actually make anything look good.

Save this. I have a feeling it'll be getting used a lot in the coming months

>That movie looked like shit.
lol okay

it's going to look god tier

the ending of this trailer is supposedly from the show:

youtu.be/16ZPJE8PZT8?t=151

My bet is most of the original cast aren't even in the show for long

i actually kind of hope so. I don't really want to watch senior citizen Ed and Nadine shit.

No, that is just b-roll from what Showtime shot during the production announcement video

youtu.be/SfPv57KBpJI

Do you think there will be two Cooper's throughout the show?

I'm BOB Cooper uses his abilities as an FBI agent to murder/rape/torture women for years. He's assigned to the investigations of these serial murders but sabotages the investigation for decades. Eventually starts to get bored and returns to Twin Peaks. Cooper somehow regains his own body, but is so horrified at what his doppleganger has done that his soul purpose becomes ending the cycle o possession, even at the cost of his own freedom/death.

>hopes? fears?

It can't possibly live up to the original, and halfway through the season, fans will wish it was never made at all. I guarantee it.

It's going to be fucking terrible. You guys know that right?

is this what /fa/ is like?

I went there once. I saved this picture and never went back.

is this from season 3? what is going on

>you share a board with people who think Inland Empire looked like shit
This place gets worse every day.

I just watched a Criterion interview with Michael Cera and he mentions that he only worked with David Lynch for like an hour. Makes me wonder how many celebrities from that huge cast list are just going to have tiny one-off roles.

I hope it sucks so normies don't start liking David Lynch.

>michael cera will only have a bit part
Thank god

Why is he doing that? What's the point of having a bunch of celebrities pop up for one off cameos? It's only going to be distracting and detract from the show.

I don't think so. Lynch & Frost were making plans for a continuation of Twin Peaks way back in the '90s, they've had a lot of time to think about this. And Lynch negotiated hard with Showtime to make sure they could get it done right, he threatened to walk away from the whole thing when they lowballed the budget. It's not just a hacky reboot. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I have faith

There's like 230 speaking roles in the series. Even at 19-20 hours or whatever Lynch ended up filming, that's not a lot of room for many of them to have big parts. Of the bigger names, I'm guessing only Laura Dern and Naomi Watts will end up with meaty roles.

>a bunch of celebrities
The biggest actor on that list aside from a few Lynch regulars is fucking Michael Cera. He cast who he thought suited the roles, all the bigger names probably only auditioned because they wanted to work with him.

10 - 1 that Cera is playing Andy and Lucy's child.

>how many celebrities from that huge cast list are just going to have tiny one-off roles

If Fire Walk With Me is anything to go after, all of them

I don't think anything can match the warm, comfy atmosphere that the original had (especially seeing how the actors look these days). I'm hoping for some real surreal lynch shit to give us some real closure to this series.

As long as it's weird I'll be happy.

I have my fingers crossed for some top shelf nudity tbqh.

I think it's going to be somewhere between FWWM and the original series, tonally. Content wise I seriously have no idea where they're going to go with it since just realistically they can't jump back into Cooper in the Great Northern bathroom.

Honestly I hope it's more dark and supernatural and less "damn good coffee" *wink wink* style nostalgia baiting. I want Lynch to take the current landscape of grimdark police dramas and turn it on its head the same way the original series utilized the soap opera aesthetic of the period

donna has been possessed by BOB in the new season, the makeup effects are incredible

I just don't get it, why? Has she ever explained why?

Mental illness is a bitch.

FWWM Donna >>>>>>> TV Donna

out of all the new cast who do you think will steal the show?

>people in the thread the other day telling me that Q2 fanedit is the best version of FWWM

Nah son.
The editing in that shit is awful. Everytime it cut to one of the new scenes it was so fucking jarring and obvious. Also most of the missing pieces scenes were cut for good reason. He should have selectively added a few in that enhance the experience instead of horribly smash cutting to Pete and Josie talking about 2 by 4s right as the climax of the movie is starting

my nigga ernie hudson is in this?

Cooper is the new Bob/serial killer since being possessed. He dies in the end.

Of course it's fucking awful. The only people that like that drivel are people that wish the movie was the show.

Idiotic that anybody sees any merit in that garbage.

>best version of FWWM
>not the version edited by Lynch

Those people should be drawn and quartered. What a fucking disgusting opinion.

There were a few scenes in TMP that could've been included in FWWM and actually added to the story, but not many. Most of them were wise cuts and TMP is best watched separately.

>Will they recast Annie and Donna or are they just ded?
I'm sure if Lynch wanted Annie, he wouldn't recast. She probably ran back to the nunnery after the Black Lodge ordeal.

Donna died having cosmetic surgery.

but the good Dale is still in the Black Lodge, no?

>There were a few scenes in TMP that could've been included in FWWM

Based Robert Knepper.

you're fucking b-roll.

nightmare fuel. fuck me

Donna died on her way back to her home planet.

BEST BOY

Is Dale's soul in the Lodge, or both his soul and body? Was always unclear. The Lodge didn't take Laura's body despite apparently taking her soul.

beautiful pupil dilation(s)

agreed

Well I figure she specifically made a distinction that the good Dale is there, implying a bad Dale is either still in the Lodge when she said it or already left.

>no bob
>no little man
>no truman
>fucking michael cera

oh boy i'm not feeling all too hyped

WHY IS bob IN ALL CAPS?????

Laura's diary identifies him as BOB and it has stuck ever since.

i read that Big Ed Hurley is back for the next season, really liked this actor Everett McGill in Dune and also Quest for Fire

>eddie vedder
>tim roth
>its a cooper joins a grunge band episode

With the exception of Collateral (whose best scenes were shot on film), every Michael Mann film shot on digital has looked like, and been, total shit. Miami Vice is still fucking cool though.

Truman was a shit actor, so nothing of value is lost. Too about about the Bob tho

Must suck having such awful opinions.

GET OUTTA HERE GO

>resurrecting such a perfect show
wtf

Mental illness, alcoholism, smoking, drug use, not looking after yourself, botched surgeries and probably eating disorders

>Perfect show
>14 out of the 30 total suck dick

I already know what you're gonna tell me, but just because 7 out of those 14 episode suck less dick doesn't mean they're any good.

thanks senpai

this was one of if not the best episode

The ending to that episode is one of the most harrowing moments in TV history.

It was the man in the green suit

Who else got chills from the cliffhanger in the episode before this one "Demons" just hearing that quote recited, you knew big things were coming. Probably one of the best non-lynch directed moments from the show, although then again his character was there during that scene, so he probably did do the directing of that scene in particular.

>tfw rewatching a few episodes of Twin Peaks while it's windy, rainy and lots of lightning/thunder outside
I didn't know it was possible to be this comfy

i liked the episode diane keaton directed.

What did you like about it? It is commonly pointed to as the worst episode in the entire series.

is it?

i think she came the closest to aping lynch's visual style. i've seen the series through 3 times now and this was the first time i realized she did it. i guess i can imagine that whole section of the shows draws ire for the "soap opera" arcs but i don't mind when certain filmmakers do homage to that kind of cheesy melodrama (todd haynes, rainer werner fassbinder, etc)

hoping for some nude feets

I've seen speculation that Laura Dern is a main character so probably her. Her performance in Inland Empire was pretty great.

I don't want any nostalgia baiting. I want Lynch to continue pushing the envelope. Being on Showtime he can treat this more or less as one of his movies (albeit with Frost grounding him still) so I'm hoping for and expecting some initial bewilderment, both from people who are fans of the show and people who are relatively new to it.

all i'm hoping for is a direct continuation of the lodge stuff and the new series goes full speed from the first episode. since the original BOB actor passed i wonder if lynch still has a surprise up his sleeve for someone new to play BOB when possessed dale looks in the mirror

>season three will look like a home movie recorded on vhs

I wouldn't worry about it.

Knowing DL it's gonna be the latter and not the former. I just can't imagine him selling out or doing something unoriginal.

Bob's endgame was to posses Laura tho.

saurcesaurus rex?

>albeit with Frost grounding him still

this kinda worries me honesty, I feel like Frost's contributions are the worst part of Twin Peaks. I don't want a lighthearted soap opera with faint glimmers of the surreal, I want the inverse of that. Like Mulholland Drive levels of fucked up basically.

I want it to scary away all the retarded normies who watch Twin Peaks for the humor and "comfy" qualities. Cooper's dream in episode 3 is what the entire show should be like save for a few lighthearted moments here and there, not the other way around.

Well Lynch already dismissed Frost's book saying that that's Frost's version of the show's lore and not his and that he didn't even read it. I also want it to be Lynch's thing pretty much entirely but we'll see when it airs I guess.

don't get me wrong, I love Andy and Lucy and the surreal humor and the lightheartedness, but I just want it to be kept to a minimum like Mulholland Drive. MD has humor and "quirky" characters but that's not the main selling point of the movie, and I hope that's not the main selling point of Twin Peaks season 3. If this is Lynch's swan song I want him to put his dark/surreal side on full blast.

we'll see though. I'm hopeful.

You keep referring to Mulholland Drive but have you watched Inland Empire? If you want surreal Lynch on full blast you should love that movie. And I'm hoping it's what you're saying too as Inland Empire is my favorite of Lynch's movies. Though it doesn't have the hint of comfyness that MD has that could also fit into Twin Peaks.

Frost co-wrote all of it, you can believe that his voice will be there. I don't think Lynch meant to be dismissive of Frost's book, I just think he doesn't like creating within any confines and adhering to Frost's lore would create them. It'll probably be like The Diary of Laura Palmer where some of it plays into the plot and other pieces are contradicted.

yeah i've seen it. Inland Empire is probably my favorite Lynch movie as well.

but basically like you said, I use Mulholland Drive as a reference point because it's the closest he's come to nailing a perfect blend of "comfy" and dark/surreal. Inland Empire is a bit too cold to compare to Twin Peaks really.

On fucking VIDEO? Holy fucking SHIT what the FUCK is this? Sup Forums always spergs out about what a patrician David Lynch is, this is fucking disgusting.

True Detective Season 1 was shot on 35mm film. It is kino. Season 2 was shot on fucking video and it's garbage dump shit. Dump from my ass. David Lynch is a fucking PLEB. Won't be watching Season 3, thanks for the tip. Keep me posted.

Someone make a WEBM of her sperging out about how she wishes she'd been raped as a child from Happiness.

you're a FUCKING D-GIRL

Inland Empire was shot on 480i digital and it's kino.

So it's 60fps?

>15 Years Ago...

JUST YOOOOUUUUUU

IMDB says the source footage was but the final movie is 24 fps. Lynch also added a shitton of grain to some scenes apparently.

>Robert Knepper
>Trent Reznor
>Tim Roth

Holy fuck, it's my "fucking crazy" dream list.

Call me an idiot but I think Jim Belushi is exactly the kind of actor that would have fitted in the original series so I kind of have hope with him