Me in what seems a normal class, the teacher then says suddenly:

Me in what seems a normal class, the teacher then says suddenly:

>"Hey class, we´re gonna watch a movie!"
>Normie classmates get happy
>Teacher puts on a shitty movie
>The majority of normie classmates enjoy it
>You suffer inside

I bet that happened to you to more than once; why do teachers and a lot of normies have such a bad taste?

In 11th grade she put us on a Happy Madison marathon. They would say the lines when Adam Sandler said the lines as if they knew these movies by heart. At least I could bury my face in my desk. Couldn't fall asleep since the room was so tiny it bounced the loud audio off the walls. Some teachers make you take notes of movies for whatever insane reason.

Nah, my school showed some kino flicks like pic related.

> They would say the lines when Adam Sandler said the lines as if they knew these movies by heart.

My repects for surviving that shit

>Some teachers make you take notes of movies for whatever insane reason.

I know that feeling, pal´

you need to be 18 to blah blach asdhaksjdahk

>"Hey class, we're gonna watch a movie!"
>it's Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, or Toy Story 2 for the millionth time

What movies did kids watch in school before Pixar ruined everything?

my 8th grade history teacher was based, she showed us some real kino

>John Adams
>Ken Burns' Civil War
>Glory

she was pretty hot too

That's because you're a special human bean.

This happened 4 times in my senior year
White House Down, My Cousin Vinny, National Treasure, and Inception. I fucking hate Inception solely for the fact that it is the most entry level "Wow ooo so deep" movie out there. Every fucking person in the class felt like they were watching a masterpiece and I just felt empty.

It's not like Film Studies are any better. We only go into the most surface level films out there, and I'm not autistic so I'm not going to shout about how vapid most of the films are. At the start of this semester, we went around and named our favorite movies, and i was trying to hide my power level so I said that mine was Enemy. Literally nobody ever heard of it, and when i tried explaining it, everyone just gave me an awkward silence until I said it had Jake Gyllenhaal in it.
>OH, HEEES IN IT? NOW I GOOTTAAA SEE IT

No one ever actually watched the movie. I played cards with whoever sat near me.
October Sky and Twister.

Enemy was not good, you're a pseud

My European History teacher put on Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
It was not bad, I enjoyed it.

What kind of school did you guys go to? We watched movies sometimes, but they curriculum-approved were at least nominally related to the subject we were learning. and I'm a public schoolfag

re-read >hiding power level
It isn't my favorite movie, not even close. I thought they would be familiar with it, obviously I was wrong. Enlighten me though, what is your favorite movie?

Same, but they only streamed shit tier movies

I'm and we watched after the AP exam. The movie is obviously not educational since the teacher didn't give a fuck but it could pass as being about history if an administrator walked in for whatever reason.

you sound like a little shit

Music: School of Rock
PE: Benchwarmers
English: Whatever movie we were studying at the time
Maths: never had movies, shit subject/10
Geography: Slumdog Millionaire
History: No movies, shit teachers/10
Italian: Live action pinocchio
IT: Nightmare Before Christmas (??)
Science: Osmosis Jones

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

>I fucking hate Inception solely for the fact that it is the most entry level "Wow ooo so deep" movie out there. Every fucking person in the class felt like they were watching a masterpiece and I just felt empty.

Hey kid, welcome to your first "I'm so fucking superior" opinion! Don't worry, it will fade and you will come across as less of a 16 year old soon.

I may be that to you, but you would share my feeling if you see some of the shit movies they showed me

>normie

In what way are you abnormal, OP? Mentally, emotionally or physically? Or all three? My sympathies to the people around you, btw.

>My Cousin Vinny

nigga, you best correct that statement.

>My sympathis to the people around you, btw

Agree, they don´t have my sage ability to distinguish a good movie from a shit one

> yfw when your teacher puts in the first Scary Movie.

Mrs. Slate was based

>sympathis

so intellectually below normal

>sage ability

and delusions of grandeur so also emotionally abnormal

>confirmation class
>teacher is pissed off for some reason
>"APPARENTLY SOME OF YOU DON'T APPRECIATE THE SACRIFICE JESUS MADE FOR US"
>have no idea wtf she is talking about
>apparently some people in the class were chewing gum while taking communion
>she puts on Passion of the Christ and fastforwards to the scourging scene and tells us we can't leave and that we have to watch what Jesus went through for us
>half the class is crying when the scene's over

It was the only one that wasn't shit, it was just one of the movies we watched in class.

nice. Mine is The Deer Hunter

I've had that opinion ever since the movie came out son. You can only listen to so many people go
>OH WOAHG user, DID YOU SEE INCEPTION?? IT WAS TOTALLY BONKERS!! >Like, what was it even about? Dreams or some shit? Lmao bro, you're a movie guy, i bet you'd like it

jesus
fucking awful movie

>mfw the Jehovah's witness kid keeps us from watching any movie with something that could be perceived as magic in it
Fuck you Britney, you're predestined for Hell anyway, we just wanted to watch Hocus Pocus

which jesus movie is awful, you vague donkey?

>"Hey class, we´re gonna watch a movie!"
>Normie classmates get happy
>Teacher puts on a great movie
>The majority of normie classmates hate it
>You suffer inside

>so intelectually below normal

I disguise as someone with dislexy so normies can feel better about themselves

>and delusions of grandeur so also amotionally abnormal

Einstein was mentally abnormal, and he was one of the smartest men in the planet; Stephen Hawking was mentally and physically abnormal, and he is one of the smartest men alive, being "abnormal" doesn´t mean you are a failure, normie

>Teacher puts on great movie
>Majority of classmates hate it
>By the end of class they've become invested and don't want to turn it off

I fucking know that feeling

>be in class
>watching some modern romeo and juliet fick
>sex scene super long
>awkward as fuk
>black guy - white girl

>I PAID FOR THIS CLASS, cause general electives meme

>Physics teacher puts on American pie band camp

I don't know why he thought it was a good idea.

>In highschool teacher puts on Monty Python Holy Grail.
>She asks if anyone has seen it
>Apparently I'm the only one

Guess I'm a freak

My school would always play Ferris Buellers day off when the teacher was sick or otherwise not bothered to do anything. But since we only had 100minute periods and it always took time to get the VHS player ready we never saw the ending.

In other classes we watched
> The Matrix
> Once Were Warriors
> 12 Angry Men
> Paradise Road
> Romeo+Juliet
> Holes

nigga that's like 30 hours of televison. did she actually teach you anything?

>tfw your teacher put on kino

I had to watch Babel 3 times in one semester

what a pile of shit that was

Yeah, a "shit" with 5 Oscar nominations...

>thinking the oscars aren't a big circle jerk of the most shallow superficial films masquerading as anything else
user I...

>tfw convinced a teacher in gr 8 to put on Rear Window
>tfw convinced a university prof to show Thin Red Line

>talking about normies on Sup Forums

Literally nothing but normie blockbuster movies get posted and discussed here.
What's the matter, OP? Did your teacher just so happened to put on your least favorite Fast and Furious movie? I know, the second one is the patrish choice right? How could he go with number 5 when everyone knows it's the least good of that fantastic film series

>Thinking the most important film award doesn´t mean anything
user I...

Rear Window is one of my favorite movies, the only thing that doesn't work is those three seconds with the Helicopter at the very beginning. If that was removed it would be flawless

I don´t like the shit and the faggot saga, so I don´t know what to write about your comment

>DAE SICK OF LE NORMIES?? XD

fuck off underage

Unless you're lucky enough to have a large amount of money left to you early on, you're going to spend a large part of your life doing things you don't want to do. Learning to find happiness in even the dullest of situations is an important skill and will save you from wanting to blow your brains out when you hit 30.

Force me!

>tfw your also adult friends (aged 22) give you shit for not liking adam sandler

It literally doesn't though. Why would the academys pick matter more than Cannes or AFI? It's just Hollywood sucking each other's dicks

monty python and the holy redditor

>omg user you dont like (insert disney movie)
>"lol wtf dude" chad chimes in
fucking senior year of high school these fags just pretended to like disney movies to impress girls and singled me out when i voted for a different movie. i wasnt even being obnoxious about it.

ill force it in your pink little ass

In high school Genetics my teacher tried to make us watch Aeon Flux, but halfway through the film pic related came on screen so I convinced my black friend to go full sjw until the teacher took out the DVD and pulled the accompanying homework assignment. Ended up watching Gattaca and The Island instead. Feels good man

I fucking hated this shit in high school. All the other kids would dick around on their phone or whisper amongst themselves while I had to actually sit through whatever shitty movie was on.

Because the Oscars have a very long history (The awards are older than the Cannes festival), they do mean something

Dat feeling when you don´t know I´m a "shit skin"

>The Bridge on the River Kwai
> Zulu
> Enemy at the Gates
> Patton
>Stalingrad
My history teacher was awesome

Was the class called "An Analysis of Ken Burn's Civil War", because that is about 10 classes dedicated to just watching

>Sup Forums posters are actually teenage edgelords IRL

I thought it was a meme.

Now you know it isn´t; good luck

>Not enjoying Little Nicky and Mr Deeds
Sad!

They don't though. If they did than they would give the award to decent movies instead of the shallow entry level shit they spam each year. They're more concerned with celebrity culture and pretending to care about politics than what was actually the best movie. They're a circle jerk of hacks

Nah, the OP reeks of Sup Forumseddit

What´s a decent movie to you? Do you think the little amount of good movies every year are Oscar tier movies? They have to choose between the few options they have, not their full fault at all

Road to El Dorado

Round The Twist
Space Jam
Antz
Waterboy
Big Daddy
My Fair Lady
Tokyo Drift
Educating Rita
X Men 2
Matrix 1,2,3
Harry Potter 1, 3
Scary Movie
Little Rascals
Finding Nemo
School of Rock
Harvie Krumpet
Planet of the Apes
Little Britain

These are all the movies/shows I remember watching at school

>Took Horror Works as an elective in High School
>Got to watch horror classics and write about them for the year
I miss it

HAHAHA, you have no idea where you are, do you?

I don't think an award ceremony for movies should exist. Especially a hollow circle jerk like the oscars. Awards are for dogs

Your black friend went SJW because she has.. a hand where her foot should be? Misplaced limbs are racis now

That´s crap, let´s stay with Pixar (Except with the Cars sequel and the shit planes saga)

Depends, I mean, there must be an Oscar award movie that you really like; there are some people who have the same though tough, Woody Allen for example, he has won multiple Oscars but he never went to take them, but, other people accept the award, are they wrong or is people like Woody who´s wrong? Why?

I can't remember a lot, but the ones that stand out:

>Elementary school
The Green Mile
Jesus Christ Superstar (catholic school)

>High school
The 10 Commandments (Religion)
Spartacus (World History... I think)
Clan of the Cave Bear (World Religions)
The Life of David Gale (Law)
HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban (to kill time in Communications Tech)

>University
Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai (some East Asian studies course)
Crumb (Philosophy of Sex)
To Live (some Chinese politics course)

>College
12 Angry Men (Dispute resolution/mediation)

why arent you normal OP
like the rest of the class

Only when the PE teacher would put on Remember the Titans. Fuck that was boring, at least Cool Runnings was fun

Bacause I was born this was, user

ah you're atrociously ugly.
kk.
but ugly people even the atrociously ugly ones can be normal, too, unless they're attention whores. are you an attention whore, OP?

>World history teacher is High School gave zero fucks
>Put on Dante's Peak when we had nothing to do
>Watching the kids squirm when the Grandma dies

Kino

Every time.
It was 90% of the time from middle to high school that one football movie where the team is de-segregated and the town hates them. Then they love them when they win games. I'm glad I forgot the name but too many scenes are ingrained in my head. Also, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Tim Burton, whatever holocaust movie came out that year, more sports movies, more Tim Burton movies.

psych teacher put on A Clockwork Orange
ahhh remember the "the old in out in out" jokes at the lunchtable

boy in dante's peak so hot

we were shown eldorado

We were shown The Room by Tommy Wisseau.

if i ever got laid off as a teacher i'd just play that movie every day for as long as i had left and fail any student who didn't show up

Anyone know the name of that holocaust movie they made everyone watch?

>8th grade math
>we're done with the curriculum
>"We have two movies class, Shark Tales, or Princess Bride"
>I and 5 other people have seen Princess Bride and no it kicks the shit out of Shark Tales
>Watch Shark Tales anyway because the 8th grade boys didn't want to watch something about a princess
>proceed to kick the shit out of everyone in Egyptian rat screw

feels okay

>choosing Gattaca over anything
Please get better taste.

have you seen aeon flux?
that movie redefines the word atrocity

Yeah but... Gattaca though...

Aeon Flux is a bad (live action) remake
But Gattaca horrified and disgusted half our class.

Problem Child 2

>Egyptian ratscrew
Stahp. These memories are too happy.

what about gattaca horrified and disgusted them? can't think of any scene that would do that.

>Egyptian ratscrew

what's that?

card game
little bit like war but with some actual agency

It's such a great film, that. He plays not!Stiffler very well. Just generally a cool film.