There isn't one redeeming quality to the prequels

there isn't one redeeming quality to the prequels

they were complete shit in every conceivable way

this is an objective fact

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4w4CvlbkhUs?t=2m43s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

duel of the fates music

They had lots of interesting worldbuilding, it's hard to appreciate the things they did right because of how unimaginably awful they were, but compare the inventiveness of the setting of the prequels to the "inventiveness" of Jew Jew's shot for shot remake of ANH.

This

>it's hard to appreciate the things they did right because of how unimaginably awful they were

Like what?

>muh bad acting
>muh midichlorians
>muh bad writing

All these and more can be attributed to the OT in just about the same way.

podracing was kind of neat
darth maul was a cool character

Try harder.

Pros:
>World building was actually really well done.
>Music is fantastic
>They feel like Star Wars movies, unlike Disney-Trash
>Genuinely heartbreaking moments
>ROTS is actually very well done, just bloated.
>Ewan McGregor is fantastic
>Pottery

Cons:
>Shit characters
>Midichlorians
>Purple lightsaber
>Dogshit writing outside of ROTS
>Lots of mis-steps

Overall the prequels get too much hate. TPM was boring, but had a GOAT ending fight. AOTC was actually bad, with decent moments here and there. ROTS is an almost solid movie, but it is bloated.

Go and collect those sweet MickeyBucks

natalie portman's tits and midriff

we got Sheevposting out of it

It was memorable at least. Maul, Jango, Grievous.

Dooku was shit. Was only interesting just before he died because it was obvious he was more gray than evil. That could've been fleshed out over a few movies but no, Lucas needed a curtain raiser for ROTS in his death. Also should've been way younger, no offence to Christopher Lee but fuck me we already had a generic old guy as a villain.

I'll give it to Lucas he threw everything he had at it and a lot didn't come off but we got new (different) worlds unlike fucking Jakku and some nice scenery. Could've made it more obvious to audiences though that this was a story of the inner, rich worlds of the galaxy and not dumps like Tatooine. Hopefully Disney go back to Coruscant.

>its a Queen Kathleen tries to proactively further eliminate childhood memories to gain nuquels cred

All because its shit and forcing yourself like the prequels doesn't make you a patrician

hello there reddit

yeah I tried to marathon them once

the first one was garbage

3rd one was ok

at least they had interesting bad guys and settings and stuff

hating the prequels doesn't mean you have to like nu-star wars user. you can hate both, it's ok.

I actually thought that the guy who played obi-wan did a good job. Its a shame that he was stuck in a pile of poop for 3 movies though

t. RLM

Fuck yourself you manchild.

I like them all except for VII, yes even RO

CAUSE MY SEX JUNK IS SO-O-O

damn nigga is you me??!?!

I've seen RO and VII more than twice each now and VII is just odd. RO is ok, but not very rewatchable imo. RO felt more like SW then VII.

I liked RO because it was a prequel. The shit awakens was a sequel, a terrible sequel. A Gosh awful Sequel. The most anticipated Sequel to the largest film franchise of all time, and it was, DOG SHIT.

George Lucas fouled up the Prequels with lazy pacing but damn, the man is a grand story teller. Beautifully we get a full explanation of how Sidious Funded the Death Star and took over the Republic. Beautiful. Jar Jar was okay, too.
The shit awakens, no one knows how they funded anything and the death star is now, TEN TIMES BIGGER. Orange Yoda thing had a saber, the shit looking Yoda rip off had no business having it, but when pressed, "That's a story best left for another time."

Damn. From here on, I'm gonna put Superman in star wars, when asked how did he get there, "That's a story best left for another time."

UP Yours JJ ya stinking hack!

jesus christ man, go outside one time.

ROTS is the worst though. Anakin goes from not being sure if he can trust Palpatine, to murdering hordes of children for him in the space of about 20 minutes.

Also he chokes Padme, despite showing nothing but unconditional love for her for the entire trilogy.

ROTS is garbage, it ruined Anakin's character and felt like such a forced transition of his character to Darth Vader. It's problem isn't that it's bloated, it's that it's story is incoherent and cramped, and full of terrible moments.

>"You turned her against me!"
>"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!"
>Higher ground

What? He's absolutely correct.

//thread

That's the problem with you JJ Disney and Kennedy baby batter suckers, you don't pay attention, at all.

If you'd remember the first movie, TPM, Anakin was afraid of being alone. When he finally got to his mom, after seeing her die in a dream, you know what happens, she dies.

Unlike JJ, who never foreshadows anything and everyone's all powerful for no reason and stuff.

Anakin was feeling, anger, hate, and he was suffering, He felt a terrible loss when his mother died. Did you see him break down in the front of Padme, including, I HATE HIM, I HATE THEM.

In episode 3, Dooku realizes, I sense great Fear in you, Great Anger. Same thing he suffered when he was a kid, was still there but now it was stronger. Fear of losing, fear of loss, fear of failing. All of the above he felt for Padme. He dreamed of her dying. And it possessed him. Then, the Jedi turned on him, he was on the council but he would not be given the title of Master. Did you not see it, the anger, the rage, but, he had to hide it. Noticed how he kept his cool. His thoughts had betrayed him when he was a child so he had grown adept to hiding his feelings. But the anger and the rage, and the fear was still there, Boiling. And then the big reveal. Mace wanted to execute the Emperor instead of having a trial. Something exclusively forbidden for a Jedi to do. So Anakin had to choose. Side with the Jedi and watch Padme die, or side with Sidious and learn a greater power, a power strong enough to save her.

That's the problem with you Disney types, if something isn't faggy, or progressive or quip a minute, you're left stupid.

George Lucas may suck at writing dialogue and his pacing may be all over the place, but he's a bloody awesome story teller. Unlike your piece of filth technical director, Jar Jar abrams.

Because lucas decided to cram the turn into one movie. Yea he kills some people in the second one but thats it.

They should of had palpatine always showing anakin (through out 1 and 2) why the jedi cause evil to live. (when not light sabre dueling of course) Their virtues let your mother die, innocent people die all the time in the republic because the jedi cannot exterminate threats only contain them.

It should of came down to a final thing about the councils decision that endangers padme but for some reason they cannot intervene. Anakin snaps and threatens the council and this leads to a short fight with them.

He goes back to palpatine, and palpatine (who actually is the reason padme is going to die) helps him. His confidence is broken in the jedi and palpatine has helped him. This is when the the jedi try to kill palpatine and anakin goes nuts killing most of them. Rather them dead then padme.

This is the beginning of him becoming a sith.

He's as correct about movies as Quentin is about weed.

2 and 3*

George believes in the force being black and white, which explains the whole Sith eye and instantly evil Anakin. Not saying its a good explanation, but at least it is one. Anakins character was ruined from the start, but ROTS gave him more ground to walk on. AOTC was
>lol im in love with you
>sand
>Obi-Wan is mean to me :(
There were bad moments, sure, but comparatively ROTS was the best of the three overall. It had some of the best moments
>"You were my brother Anakin, I loved you"
>The hatred you can feel in Anakin as he fully turns to the dark side in that moment
>Order 66
>Opening scene
>that sweet sweet foreshadowing that Lucas was actually great at
>almost no Jar-Jar
The only thing its missing is Duel of the Fates

>there isn't one redeeming quality to the prequels

Yo HOL up

>my nigga Liam Neeson
>Ewan McGregor as young Alec Guinness
>Based Sheev is the best villain in any of the Star Wars movies
>mother fucking Watto and Sebulba
>love the podracers and bet for Anakin's freedom
>Obi-Wan's detective story in II looking for Jango Fett
>John Williams' soundtrack for all three movies
>dat vehicle and planet designs
>ORDER 66
>Clonetroopers are cooler and more effective than Stormtroopers and those Force awaken troops
>Duel of the Fates is like the second or third best lightsaber duel behind Luke and Vader
>great character designs for pretty much every character, better than the OT even
>R2-D2's first appearance
>the Slave I asteroid chase (the theater experience for this as far as sound and visuals go was great)

The prequels are kinda shitty in comparison to the Original Trilogy, but they're not all bad. I can still watch em and have fun with it.

>The only thing its missing is Duel of the Fates
;)

youtu.be/4w4CvlbkhUs?t=2m43s

T-thank you user, I don't remember this

weak and cheap callback, imo

neither one died and was ultimately filler for fags wanting to see Yoda be green tasmanian devil

they should have made a new piece if it was sooo important.

I mean, it's supposed to be this biiig deal that the best known Sith(at the time) and best/oldest Jedi duel and it ends in a draw

they were both in the OT, he literally couldn't kill either of them off you retard

>Dooku wins duel between a Jedi Padawan, Jedi Knight and Jedi Master
>nobody dead
>????
>faggot

literally the only character to ever die in a duel in the OT was Obi Wan

Suprisingly, there's actually not a single thing wrong with any of the stuff in this scene. Can't say much for the rest of the prequels.

is that really classified as a kill though. its one of a kind compared to any other kill throughout the series if so.

1 has Maul and DotF. that makes up for the film itself
2 had Cyberpunk.
3 had that cool space battle at the start and the phase II ships were the best. ARC-170 is the best ship of all of the films

The scores were as good and at times even better than the OT. John Williams did amazing work.

It's strange to me that his work on ep7 feels so weak by comparison.

sheevposting is literally the kino of starwars posting

mixing and editing all but neutered the non dialogue aspects

I like the casting, for the most part.

They were kind of pointless, though. There was room for them but Anakin's story was told through Luke, for the most part. We didn't need to see his downfall because Luke's flirtation with the Dark Side acted as a surrogate. The Chosen One stuff was also awful and added nothing of interest.

for VII obviously

>ROTS is the worst though

You couldn't be more wrong.

>purple lightsaber
>bad

Weird how pod racing is the coolest thing in all of the starwars universe though

it might just be coincidental, but since TFA was released SW threads on /hr/ have been dead

this, they had to rowback on his fall to the dark side in II then find shit for all the characters to do and it was all just so weirdly paced.
They had to invent a major bad guy then kill him in the same movie without him actually doing anything, it's laughable, all the moral stuff happened in II, sheev had the senate and anakin was evil you could almost go from II to IV with nothing else added. Instead they added this weird real reason anakin fell to the darkside and a bullshit reason he became mostly robotic. I wish they had left a gap where he could become mechanical more slowly, that would make more sense, instead it's just a ticklist of little shit they didn't even need to include.

The clones has to immediately become stormtroopers.
The jedi had to all die then and there.
Darth Vader had to be renamed and be in the suit.
Qui Gon had to introduce the idea of force ghosts.
Sheev had to get his new face.
All the separatists had to die.

All this stuff is just rushed and weirdly forced into it because they didn't have anywhere else to go with the film, everything important had been done in II

I agree. The prequels were fucking garbage. The only people who defend them are 20 and unders who grew up with those first. Anyone over 30 with half a brain who grew up loving the originals can clearly see that the prequels are abject trash. TPM was a joke, AOTC was boring, and ROTS was a waste of every moment we wanted to see as kids. They were all bad and you should feel bad if you like them unironically.

People who think ROTS is the best are missing the fact that instead of creating brand new retarded bullshit, it took all the moments you were looking forward to and wasted them. If someone served me up two plates of dogshit, I'd be angry but I'd clearly see that these were dogshit before eating them. Then if someone served me up a plate of cake and I bit into it and it's fucking dogshit again, I'd be even angrier. That's what ROTS was.

the music is amazing

that's it

they got the best memes and that is what is really going to matter in the long run

>Being over 30
>On Sup Forums
Go to bed gramps you have checkers to play in the morning

Sup Forums is one of the few sites you can easily access without having to be a part of some shitty "community" that presents fucked up shit that's on the safe side of legality. There are people of all ages here.

>Yes, those stupid kids who grew up watching all 6 movies together are idiots blinded by nostalgia! It is only we who grew up with the original trilogy and then saw the prequels later as adults, after years of buildup and nostalgia for the original trilogy who are objective and unbiased in our opinions!

>HURRR HRRRRGH DISNAY PAYIN U TO BADMOUTH THERRRRR MOVIES *shits himself violently*
Lad, you're made of stupid.

>y-you're stupid
GOOD ONE, JEWEY!!

if you dont have enough better things to do by the time you are 30 youre in sorry shape

>all these mental gymnastics to justify eating shit
You can't discuss the prequels themselves because they don't pass any kind of scrutiny.

No, user. But you really are. Exemplarly.

>no u
kek

>kek
lmao dummy

For all the faults of the prequels, atleast they are something different. Memorable mostly for bad yet a little good shines through once in awhile. The movies left an impression.

What exactly is memorable about Rogue One and VII? What new mythos to the franchise does it create? The only possible interesting concept is Snok, who will probably be a huge let down in VIII. Disney refuses to try new and creative things.

hey now pod racing was cool

so which do Reddit like the most? honestly thats how I'm going to form my opinion

Music and sound design as a whole were great.

It was supposed to be Yoda vs. Jar Jar here.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty badass too.

The first 3 were always going to be forced shit. That's the problem with making 4, 5 and 6 first. Pacing was pretty bad, too. The first one could have been half child, half teen Anakin to get through the least important part of his life as quickly as possible. Parts of 2 could have been included in that, and then parts of 3 could have been in 2 to give more space to move around in the last movie.

Name one (1) Disney nu-Star Wars flick with better visual direction than Episode II.

Why would Disney talk shit about a franchise they own?

Any given "good" thing about these films doesn't matter because the sum of the parts was bad. They are terrible, terrible films and many peoples' talents were wasted making them. Even more people wasted their time watching them. The world would be a better place if they didn't exist.

this tbqh